Following The Last of Us Remastered Page 2

• killersrquiet 9 Apr 2014 09:36:03 3,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Sony are getting worse than Nintendo for re-releasing the same same game on a different platform.
    Sony aren't even in the same league!. Nintendo are so un-original they've lived of the same franchises for 20 years

Edited by killersrquiet at 09:36:34 09-04-2014
  • nickthegun 9 Apr 2014 09:40:56 82,326 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    If youve been warned about it a million times, it seems that a million and one is a hard limit, yes.
  • Deleted user 9 April 2014 09:44:29
    @nickthegun even when it's Mowgli. Damn
  • nickthegun 9 Apr 2014 09:44:50 82,326 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Can you imagine how many new Wii U games would have been released if they devoted resources to do what you suggest?

I would think its a number somewhere between zero and one.
  • nickthegun 9 Apr 2014 09:48:16 82,326 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    No its not. They dont have the staff to do what you suggest, which is why they havent done it. Its exactly the issue.
  • chopsen 9 Apr 2014 09:55:00 21,045 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Nintendo are reportedly sitting on a massive pile of cash, so they could have just bought out a studio or two that looked like they were doing something interesting. But they didn't.

Sony are fucking skint, so I can see why they'd hit recycle.

I appreciate nintendo's got form here, but over the last year this has dominated new sony releases (just look at the vita).
  • Deleted user 9 April 2014 09:56:28
    I'd actually take this over a sequel as anything less than perfection would be disservice to the original.

Only completed it once after during release and haven't played the DLC. Easy purchase.
  • CosmicFuzz 9 Apr 2014 09:57:06 32,585 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah that's a good point. Why didn't they just buy up some third party studios and put them to work on some WiiU games? It seems to be the same teams making the same games over and over.
  • Darren 9 Apr 2014 10:08:39 9,602 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I really liked this game on my PS4 but the wonky framerate was a little offputting. I was only about 4-5 hours into the game so I'm definitely double-dipping and getting the PS4 version. I'll just trade it in to offset part of the cost. I really cannot wait to play it. Of all the previous gen games, this is the one that I think would benefit the most from running on current gen hardware (followed by GTA V) IMO as it was pushing the PS3 to its limits.
  • Gitsmith 9 Apr 2014 10:12:05 311 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    One more playthrough and I'll have the platinum trophy. If my save and MP profile are transferable I'll allow a little excitement in my brain loam.

But for now we play the waiting game...
  • Kay 9 Apr 2014 10:59:52 20,626 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    If I hadn't already finished TLOU I'd be delighted, as I have - meh
    Yeah, I remember you having a similar reaction to Wind Waker on the WiiU.
    Unlike WW most people played through TLOU only last year though, and it was already in HD.
    Depends on your definition of HD. Its 720p with low resolution textures that pop-in like a mofo. It also generally falls short of 30fps so, as i say, it really needs the extra processing power of the PS4.

It genuinely deserves to be played in 1080p at 60fps.
    I get that, but again, not comparable to a two generation-old game like WW HD really. Also, no guarantee that it'll be 60fps, or even 1080p.
  • waggy79 9 Apr 2014 11:06:34 2,297 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think 1080p is a given, and if the frame rate isn't 60 it'll be rock solid. WW didn't tax the GameCube though whereas TLOU was pushing old hardware much like shadow of the collosus on ps2.
  • Anihlmal 9 Apr 2014 12:06:02 1,635 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    If this is happening then, I want Uncharted: Remastered. 60fps 1080p. As much as I genuinely feel Last of Us is one of the best vidya gaems out there, Uncharted always felt better to play and I feel it would benefit more from a beefed up second play through as it were.

The story of Last of Us is pretty paramount and I've already experienced that in all of its glory.
  • thedaveeyres 9 Apr 2014 12:17:50 13,917 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'd like new games based on new ideas please.

Naughty Dog and Sony can fuck right off with this shite.
  • Progguitarist 9 Apr 2014 12:22:51 10,778 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @thedaveeyres You're shit out of luck then because everything we've seen so far has been same old, same old.
  • Anihlmal 9 Apr 2014 12:23:06 1,635 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @thedaveeyres
    There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope. We give them a turn and they make new and curious combinations. We keep on turning and making new combinations indefinitely; but they are the same old pieces of colored glass that have been in use through all the ages.
    - Mark Twain

To be fair I agree with you in sentiment, but there's no need for flying insults. They're great games and because games are so reliant on technology to be experienced more so than other mediums, it makes sense that people might want to experience them in new and improved ways, plus it's good business acumen.

Time of the month? Wrong side of the bed? Etc etc
  • Widge Moderator 9 Apr 2014 12:23:48 13,858 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    I'd like new games based on new ideas please.

Naughty Dog and Sony can fuck right off with this shite.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-09-sony-online-entertainments-myserious-h1z1-project-unveiled-tonight
  • Deleted user 9 April 2014 12:27:40
    I think SOE should actually release stuff they announced for PS4 before unveiling yet more stuff...
  • killersrquiet 9 Apr 2014 12:28:41 3,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    As I never owned a PS3 I'll be able to play this for the first time with better graphics and a half decent controller. In your fucking face everyone.
    Will be new for me too. Tomb Raider is a good indicator of a next gen port done well and if the game is as good as some of you claim then its a no brainer for Sony
  • Deleted user 9 April 2014 12:33:19
    I honestly can't see the problem with doing a quick re-release of an end-of-gen game for the next gen. These are games that probably suffered slightly from over-stretching that tech, and have an untapped audience.

It really isn't the same as your big releases being HD ports of games that came out a decade ago.
  • thedaveeyres 9 Apr 2014 12:35:01 13,917 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    JCHilton wrote:
    @thedaveeyres
    There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible.
    Invasion of the crabs with cocks instead of pincers.

5th Person Shooter - you're watching a bloke looking at a TV playing a FPS.

BOOM. There's two. I've got more.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 9 Apr 2014 12:36:05 6,489 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I honestly can't see the problem with doing a quick re-release of an end-of-gen game for the next gen. These are games that probably suffered slightly from over-stretching that tech, and have an untapped audience.

It really isn't the same as your big releases being HD ports of games that came out a decade ago.
    Yeh. Which is why GTA V should be done too.

I have a feeling they mightn't want to go through the GTA Online hiccups again though :-(
  • killersrquiet 9 Apr 2014 12:45:39 3,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Both consoles have a good install base, for take 2 they would clearly love the extra money but we all know that Rockstar are in total control of what games they output.

I think considering that the next GTA game may not drop for 4 years it makes perfect sense to release it on PS4/Xbox One.

Dan Houser can give you 32 million reasons why he doesn't have to care though :-(
  • chopsen 9 Apr 2014 12:46:14 21,045 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    No, I don't really have a problem with it. After all, nobody's forcing us to buy it. And yeah, I'm hoping that GTAV will do the same. There are various rumours that they are.

What I do have a problem with is when this turns in to the mainstay of a long term strategy, to the exclusion of developing new stuff. I hope they (sony) don't go down that road due to their financial problems.
  • RyanDS 9 Apr 2014 12:48:18 13,278 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Can you imagine how many new Wii U games would have been released if they devoted resources to do what you suggest?

I would think its a number somewhere between zero and one.
    How is that any different to the situation they are in now?
  • killersrquiet 9 Apr 2014 12:50:39 3,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    No, I don't really have a problem with it. After all, nobody's forcing us to buy it. And yeah, I'm hoping that GTAV will do the same. There are various rumours that they are.

What I do have a problem with is when this turns in to the mainstay of a long term strategy, to the exclusion of developing new stuff. I hope they (sony) don't go down that road due to their financial problems.
    That's a valid point, much cheaper to upgrade a current game that make a new IP.

If the games are good in the first place then it's not an issue. I don't think we'll end up with an over reliance on ports though. It's an easy win for devs/publishers now which is fair enough

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.