Following The Last of Us Remastered Page 3

• Benno 9 Apr 2014 12:51:57 11,724 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think the situation is a little bit different with GTA.

GTA has GTA online, so a simple texture and performance rehash wouldn't cut the mustard. You'd need to implement the online infrastructure for both PS4 and Xbone online modes, factoring in that your install base is going to increase over time, as opposed to decrease, as more and more people buy the consoles.

EDIT: not to say they dont have the resources, but its about priorities with regards to the opportunity costs associated with whatever else they have in the pipeline.

Edited by Benno at 12:52:29 09-04-2014
  • monkman76 9 Apr 2014 12:56:34 16,158 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    What I do have a problem with is when this turns in to the mainstay of a long term strategy, to the exclusion of developing new stuff. I hope they (sony) don't go down that road due to their financial problems.
    If this is their long-term strategy then you would think they'd build up to TLOU, rather than doing it first. No other PS3 exclusive will be as eagerly awaited on PS4 I wouldn't have thought.
  • Widge Moderator 9 Apr 2014 13:02:33 13,858 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Sony are getting worse than Nintendo for re-releasing the same same game on a different platform.
    Not sure of this sentiment. Bar offering past titles on the store, I don't see Nintendo doing this outside of the Wind Waker remake. I wouldn't count store versions of past games in this. If you are, then Sony can rightly be criticised as their store offers a lot of PS1, PSP and now PS2 games to get a hold of.
  • ryohazuki1983 9 Apr 2014 13:10:53 853 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Great news, I've always said if TLOU got a release on PS4 I'd buy one, if it was backward compatible I'd have one already.

Any release date?

EDIT: June seems to be floating about but nothing official yet.

Edited by ryohazuki1983 at 14:01:33 09-04-2014
  • Deleted user 9 April 2014 13:54:45
    I reckon they've been working on this for a while, and just wanted to keep it quiet until they were sure it had sold all it would on PS3. Might be coming quite soon.
  • Zomoniac 9 Apr 2014 14:04:24 10,232 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Bar offering past titles on the store, I don't see Nintendo doing this outside of the Wind Waker remake.
    Pikmin 1 & 2, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Mario Tennis and DK Jungle Beat for Wii, Ocarina of Time and DKCR for 3DS all spring to mind.
  • ElNuevo9 9 Apr 2014 14:06:28 14,134 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Couldn't care less if I've played it on PS3, this is day fucking one.
  • ModishNouns 9 Apr 2014 14:17:56 4,986 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think there are quite a few of us Ex-Box owners who skipped the PS3 who are pretty excited about this.
  • HarryPalmer 9 Apr 2014 14:59:25 6,142 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    Couldn't care less if I've played it on PS3, this is day fucking one.
    This.

I actually thought Left Behind was a graphical improvement, especially in the cut scenes. Either that or I'd forgotten how good it looked in the first place. Can't wait to see it on PS4.
  • jambii267 9 Apr 2014 15:02:43 1,415 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    Bar offering past titles on the store, I don't see Nintendo doing this outside of the Wind Waker remake.
    Pikmin 1 & 2, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Mario Tennis and DK Jungle Beat for Wii, Ocarina of Time and DKCR for 3DS all spring to mind.
    I'd like to point out all those were budget releases, and the gamecube versions were still playable on the Wii.

Also what's the big deal about re-releasing games. Music Albums and Movies get re-released/Remastered all the time.

What's so bad about re-releasing a product that a company spent a lot of money making, they should be able to make as much money as possible from it.
  • SolidSCB 9 Apr 2014 15:03:38 12,770 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This has the potential to look quite special on the PS4 if they address one or two of the little niggles and sharpen it up a bit. Was amazed at what they got out of the PS3 with it. Day one for me too.
  • jambii267 9 Apr 2014 15:16:30 1,415 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It boggles my mind how people can hate Nintendo so much when a lot of innovation within the gaming industry and some the best games ever made came from them.

I hate Nintendo because they didn't make a console exactly like their competiton. Waaaaaaahhhh I'm a little child.
  • Darren 9 Apr 2014 15:37:17 9,602 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It is looking very much like this is true, especially with the game being referred to as a Remaster but I wish Sony would actually confirm it definitely is coming out on the PS4. I'd hate to get all excited about only to find out it was actually a mistake. :(
  • Deleted user 9 April 2014 15:38:54
    jambii267 wrote:
    It boggles my mind how people can hate Nintendo so much when a lot of innovation within the gaming industry and some the best games ever made came from them.

I hate Nintendo because they didn't make a console exactly like their competiton. Waaaaaaahhhh I'm a little child.
    And ironically this reductionist nonsense is by far the most childish post in the thread. Well done.
  • monkman76 9 Apr 2014 15:43:03 16,158 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    It is looking very much like this is true, especially with the game being referred to as a Remaster but I wish Sony would actually confirm it definitely is coming out on the PS4. I'd hate to get all excited about only to find out it was actually a mistake. :(
    It's available for pre-order on the US PSN (I even just checked on my own US PSN account). It's definitely coming out!
  • nickthegun 9 Apr 2014 15:44:25 82,326 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    jambii267 wrote:
    Yeah, you sound like it, tbf.

I dont think anyone said they hate nintendo, so get back into your princess peach nightie and go for a nap.
  • Zomoniac 9 Apr 2014 16:13:45 10,232 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    jambii267 wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    I'd like to point out all those were budget releases, and the gamecube versions were still playable on the Wii.
    They were £29.99 on Wii, so halfway between the full price and 'budget' point. The 3DS remasters are most definitely full price. As were the likes of LttP/SMW on GBA and Mario 64 on DS.

I have no problem at all with them (at the right price - I won't be buying Tomb Raider on PS4 until it's half its current price at most), I played through all the PS2/PSP GoWs on PS3, MGS2 & 3 HD, Halo Anniversary, Jak, Ico and many others, and am playing Wind Waker HD as well. Just as I've bought many of my favourite films on Blu-Ray having already owned the DVD, I'm happy to replay my favourite games with extra shiny. I was merely pointing out the inaccuracy of the claim that Nintendo don't do this.
  • Ron_Justice 9 Apr 2014 18:11:39 3,214 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Confirmed -Linky

Remastered Features:

Explore a brutal post-pandemic world, fully realized with the power of PlayStation®4 system
    Includes all DLC packs: over $30 in value
    Delve into Ellie’s past in Left Behind, the single-player prequel chapter
    Eight new multiplayer maps in the Abandoned and Reclaimed Territories packs
    In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director

Edited by Ron_Justice at 18:14:36 09-04-2014
  • Deleted user 9 April 2014 19:29:51
    I wonder how much better it'll look, because it looks rather great already. I imagine it'll not be that big a bump, graphically. This is just a chance to win over some more 360 owners who want to make the leap to the PS4, but never owned a PS3.
  • oceanmotion 9 Apr 2014 19:32:41 17,358 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Hoped this would happen, never knew you PS3, hello PS4.
  • Dolly 9 Apr 2014 19:53:10 3,589 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Pleaaaaaase let the PS3 saves be transferable to PS4.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.