The Apprentice Page 28

• FWB 20 Dec 2010 11:21:10 55,102 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    heyyo! wrote:
    link

As a teenager she would drink in one of London’s most notorious pubs. Night after night gangs with knives and clubs would descend on the Wildflower pub in Thamesmead and start fights which usually ended in bloodshed.

Here she mixed with some of South London’s most notorious crime families who were responsible for numerous killings.

The pub, which has since closed, was a focal point for criminal activity.

It was here that she met gang member and part-time bouncer Danny Johnson and embarked on a stormy nine-year relationship.

She is now engaged to Ray Dewar, a scaffolder with links to the criminal underworld in South-East London.

In 1993 he was cleared of threatening and intimidating witnesses who were due to give evidence against the son of a notorious gangster in 1993.

Police believed Mr Dewar passed £2,000 to one witness and £500 to another, saying: ‘This is how I sort people out, not by shooting them.’ However, a jury found him not guilty.

Miss English also had aspirations to be a model, posing in her underwear at the age of 19 on a balcony overlooking the Thames.

...classy.

Perfect for Alan then. He loves his Del Boys. It's how he does business.

That said, everyone makes mistakes and most deserve a second chance.
  • dr_swin 20 Dec 2010 11:21:55 4,927 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I haven't read any of the tabloid intrusion into her past life and formed my opinion purely on the way she conducted herself throughout the show. Which was in my opinion 'classy' professional and very competent.
  • masterson 20 Dec 2010 11:23:06 186 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    dr_swin wrote:
    I haven't read any of the tabloid intrusion into her past life and formed my opinion purely on the way she conducted herself throughout the show. Which was in my opinion 'classy' professional and very competent.

Exactly.
  • Deleted user 20 December 2010 11:27:26
    dr_swin wrote:

yup
  • heyyo 20 Dec 2010 11:34:18 14,356 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So you all would then?
  • Craig0702 20 Dec 2010 11:36:48 2,178 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was surprised to see Christopher (the Marine) back but I guess that was filmed before they found out about his fraud/domestic abuse allegations. Don't remember seeing him in the audience on You're Hired.
  • Tom_Servo 22 Dec 2010 15:50:59 18,079 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    Internet Service Protocol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBCUtUZ9AQs
  • Deleted user 22 December 2010 16:00:58
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    rodpad wrote:

I saw that. How do Viglen stay in business?
  • Lukus 22 Dec 2010 16:05:49 21,424 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    cozeny wrote:
    dr_swin wrote:

yup

Well, apart from her slightly disturbing grin whenever anyone else was speaking during the boardroom bits.
  • FWB 22 Dec 2010 16:10:14 55,102 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    richardtock wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    rodpad wrote:

Sugar and his friends are pretty dense. Made his money from property. A chimp could do that.
  • Deleted user 23 December 2010 14:36:08
    Sugar did well enough to get the money to buy all that property in the first place to be fair, although I dislike his portrayal as some sort of business messiah.
  • THFourteen 23 Dec 2010 14:40:25 49,827 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    its LORD Sugar.
  • Deleted user 23 December 2010 14:55:16
    Loved that bit of radio they played during the last episode. "What's next, King Alan?" Or something along those lines.
  • pistol 23 Dec 2010 17:16:58 13,018 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    richardtock wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    rodpad wrote:

Sugar and his friends are pretty dense. Made his money from property. A chimp could do that.

You don't half talk some shit you know..

What have you done with your life that's so fuckin great?
  • JediMasterMalik 23 Dec 2010 18:25:04 11,820 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    pistol wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    richardtock wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    rodpad wrote:

Me lord?
  • FWB 23 Dec 2010 19:41:04 55,102 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    pistol wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    richardtock wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    rodpad wrote:

At a guess, more than you. But doubt that's hard. :)
  • Tom_Servo 23 Dec 2010 19:45:07 18,079 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FWB made his millions in property at a young age so he retired early to spend some time on the EG forums.
  • FWB 23 Dec 2010 19:46:36 55,102 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Bingo. :) At the moment I'm undertaking my PhD on why tennis is shit and full of druggies.
  • Deleted user 23 December 2010 19:51:50
    Yeah, that fucking talentless thicko, going from a working class upbringing to a fortune of over $1 billion and becoming knighted for services for business, he must not even know how to tie his own shoes. Anyone could do that.

(ps, pretty sure he made his money from electronics, not property)
  • FWB 23 Dec 2010 19:56:58 55,102 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    He started in hi-fis, repackaging them. Then moved on to the same with Amstrad computers (made some good manufacturing choices to lower price), but fucked up by refusing to work with Microsoft (although granted so did IBM). Took that money and stuck it in property. Has had some really bizarre product choices. For sure he was a grafter and good at what he did, but he's far from some business guru. To be fair to him he admits he's not a genius. If you had an ickle bit of money in the 80s and put it into property it really wasn't hard to come out as a winner.

Pistol's just tetchy. Has been with me since we had a debate about tennis a long time ago. Always jumping on me when he can. I've got used to it. :)
  • Deleted user 23 December 2010 20:00:06
    I wouldn't quite say making millions in electronics then moving it to property really counts as 'making his money in property', but oh well.
  • FWB 23 Dec 2010 20:02:02 55,102 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Well he did lose a lot through it in the 90s. IIRC by the time Amstrad was sold it was worth a tenth of it's peak value. But anyway...
  • Deleted user 23 December 2010 20:41:34
    meme wrote:
    I wouldn't quite say making millions in electronics then moving it to property really counts as 'making his money in property', but oh well.

I'd count wherever he made the majority of his money as where he "made his money", which was property by all accounts. He did pretty bloody brilliantly with electronics but property was where he made his billion dollars. I've never personally looked at Alan Sugar's bank statements though so all this hearsay could be nonsense of course. Amstrad isn't exactly Sony though is it?
  • Dougs 23 Dec 2010 21:01:40 86,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Didn't he make a very savvy choice by jumping into bed with Sky? That contract must've made them a hell of a lot before being bought out. I'm no Sugar fan, and there are lots better businessmen, but to claim he's not made good business choices , or just got lucky is bollocks.
  • pistol 24 Dec 2010 10:43:46 13,018 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    pistol wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    richardtock wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    rodpad wrote:

At a guess, more than you. But doubt that's hard. :)

And you come up with that assumption how?

Sounds like something that moron Blitze would say and I think I've done pretty well for myself thank you.

You come away frpm these forums for a while and when you come back it's the same know-it-all's spouting their nonesense.
  • moriss 24 Dec 2010 11:12:37 588 posts
    Seen 8 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So ignoring the pathetic arguing for a moment, anyone know how they do the final of this? The series was filmed over a period of about a month or so, aaaages ago and i was once told that neither person is actually told who won at the time but they film both endings and then ey both work for him until the final is aired and then he chooses which one he really wants. But that doesn't work for me because how do they get authentic reactions from them when he tells em which one won, if they film both endings? But if they only film one ending, how do they keep it quiet for the best part of a year before it's aired?
  • Deleted user 24 December 2010 11:21:28
    I've also heard that that's the way it's done. I've even heard they work for him for 3 months! Seems a long time but they do always look very different when they appear on You're Fired. The reactions thing has made me think as well, but I assume they just do it again and again until it looks believable. They might not be actors but if they're in the final two they're obviously good bullshitters.

Confidentiality agreements are most likely signed, the families must know so I suppose they're sworn to secrecy too. I did look at the series 6 candidates page a week before the final and it said Chris was the winner and said Stella reached the final two so I wondered if someone had let it slip but it was just someone messing about.
  • woodnotes 24 Dec 2010 11:21:38 4,967 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    moriss wrote:
    So ignoring the pathetic arguing for a moment, anyone know how they do the final of this? The series was filmed over a period of about a month or so, aaaages ago and i was once told that neither person is actually told who won at the time but they film both endings and then ey both work for him until the final is aired and then he chooses which one he really wants. But that doesn't work for me because how do they get authentic reactions from them when he tells em which one won, if they film both endings? But if they only film one ending, how do they keep it quiet for the best part of a year before it's aired?
    The filming two endings thing is supposed to be a myth. But then if that is the case, I also struggle to see how they keep it so quiet.
  • pistol 26 Dec 2010 10:57:03 13,018 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    He started in hi-fis, repackaging them. Then moved on to the same with Amstrad computers (made some good manufacturing choices to lower price), but fucked up by refusing to work with Microsoft (although granted so did IBM). Took that money and stuck it in property. Has had some really bizarre product choices. For sure he was a grafter and good at what he did, but he's far from some business guru. To be fair to him he admits he's not a genius. If you had an ickle bit of money in the 80s and put it into property it really wasn't hard to come out as a winner.

Pistol's just tetchy. Has been with me since we had a debate about tennis a long time ago. Always jumping on me when he can. I've got used to it. :)

And the last time I jumped on you was when?
  • Deleted user 26 December 2010 11:50:46
    I doubt they film both endings you couldn't act the way they did when they were told :p Can't fake that unless they were both very talented actors :p

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.