Bloodborne Page 715

• greg_wha 18 Mar 2018 07:38:42 1,198 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Iím so glad this came on to PS+. I had the disc sat on my shelf for years but trading it in for some credit and then downloading the digi version finally spurred me on to play it.
    Still running about like an idiot in the first area and I panic to shit if more than 2 goons attack me but itís starting to click.
  • wobbly_Bob 18 Mar 2018 11:37:46 4,752 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Fuck fuck fuckerty fuck fuck. Think that about sums it up. Can not beat the 3rd level boss in the first chalice dungeon even with sumomned help. Just died again. I've burned through all of my health potions and all of my insight points which is now down from 13 to 0. It makes it even worse that it takes ages to get a summons. Rage!

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 11:38:33 18-03-2018
  • Bichii 18 Mar 2018 12:35:12 798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'd lend you some as I've got nearly 200. I can't be bothered with the dungeon's.
  • quadfather 18 Mar 2018 14:24:47 33,266 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Fuck fuck fuckerty fuck fuck. Think that about sums it up. Can not beat the 3rd level boss in the first chalice dungeon even with sumomned help. Just died again. I've burned through all of my health potions and all of my insight points which is now down from 13 to 0. It makes it even worse that it takes ages to get a summons. Rage!
    Welcome to being addicted to souls games ;)
  • Cadence 18 Mar 2018 15:44:31 2,229 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My God this game is some achievement isn't it. Phenomenal game design.
  • Bichii 18 Mar 2018 15:56:54 798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yep , it's a masterpiece.
  • Cadence 18 Mar 2018 17:15:54 2,229 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Yep , it's a masterpiece.
    Definitely. One of the very few games I would actually say that about!
  • Bichii 18 Mar 2018 18:25:31 798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @superbob85 BSB is entirety optional. Just go back later when higher level.
  • Bichii 18 Mar 2018 21:45:25 798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Shittest thing about from software games? Boss runs. I can't stand having to run past a dozen enemies, go down two lifts to get to the bloody boss fight.
  • Bambot 19 Mar 2018 16:37:03 1,246 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @Bambot

Just a quick thing, in the garden (the hunters dream they refer to it as), near the doll, there are some steps going up to the building. On those steps did you pick up any weapons?

Also, (trying to work out how much you've done), have you been to "central yharnham" yet? It'll pop up on the screen when you do, indicating where you are
    Hiya, yeah I got the weapons then went into the game proper but after a few hours of hacking and slashing I decided I'm not really into this sort of game, doesn't really excite or inspire me much, so I deleted.

I'm sure it's a masterpiece, if you like hack n slash fantasy world games, but I've got The Witcher for that and not enough time to sink into this.

Thanks for the help though!
  • Scimarad 19 Mar 2018 16:47:31 9,505 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Bichii

I only really did that on the latest one I met (Logarius) as I normally fight my way back there. If you keep managing to pick up your sou...blood echoes you end up with tons!

In related news, Logarius SUCKS. He killed me very quickly despite some pretty good dodging and I did him barely any damage at all. Not sure if I should go back there or do Yaragul or Upper Cathedral first.
  • Bichii 19 Mar 2018 17:12:06 798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Scimarad parry/gun attack is your friend.
  • Bichii 19 Mar 2018 17:13:28 798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Scimarad oh also high arcane clothing. Take your time.
  • Bichii 19 Mar 2018 17:14:52 798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Scimarad the reward for killing him isn't that great apart from the echos so if you struggling go somewhere else. You get a cool hat and a covenant to join....
  • Scimarad 19 Mar 2018 20:09:15 9,505 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I went back to Yaragul and had a lot more fun exploring that. Seeing The One Reborn's arrival cut scene just before eating my dinner wasn't the best plan.

-edit-

Oh, Was that it?? That was a tad easy. Some things never change; Was happily exploring the lecture building I just got teleported to when I suddenly thought "What the fuck am I doing, I've got about 100,000 Blood Echoes I probably ought to spend!"

Edited by Scimarad at 20:20:48 19-03-2018
  • Bichii 19 Mar 2018 22:49:10 798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Turns out things are a touch easier when you have Ludwig +9.

ROM don't first time and it turns out one reborn you can permanently stun lock with a +9 bolted Ludwig r2 charged attack.
  • Bichii 20 Mar 2018 22:36:25 798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'd forgotten just how fucking ridiculous the first dlc area is. About three times harder than anything the main game throws at you. I can't be bothered.
  • spleendonkey 21 Mar 2018 12:57:45 277 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So I completed this on Sunday, and rolled straight into NG+, and as always wanted to see how far I could comfortably get before hitting the wall and deleting the game.

Within about 4 hours I had glided straight through and beat Rom! That was literally running to each boss (and avoiding BSB but going back with loads of summons). NG+ seems a lot busier than the base game.

The game really does slide in quality quite dramatically from the point you leave Yarnham though. I dread the idea of going any further.

Which has made me re-evaluate BB as the best Souls game. I used to think it was number one, but now I'd say (prepares to duck for cover), DS1=DS2 > BB > DS3 > DemS.

For all the shit DS2 gets, each area you discover feels like an area you want to explore. I like it's more "autumnal" look and feel and how the game stretches out like an empire that has started to crack and decay.

Yarnham however is the best single locale in all of Souls.

Edit to add: I am in the minority and think bosses are by far the weakest part of all Souls games. The sense of rhythm and exploration are what makes the games great. The bosses are just boring roadblocks to progress. I like DS2 for that reason. It's about exploration, not "git gud". But nothing beats the overall architecture of DS1.

Edited by spleendonkey at 13:01:03 21-03-2018
  • Fonzie 21 Mar 2018 13:07:21 3,316 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    spleendonkey wrote:
    So I completed this on Sunday, and rolled straight into NG+, and as always wanted to see how far I could comfortably get before hitting the wall and deleting the game.

Within about 4 hours I had glided straight through and beat Rom! That was literally running to each boss (and avoiding BSB but going back with loads of summons). NG+ seems a lot busier than the base game.

The game really does slide in quality quite dramatically from the point you leave Yarnham though. I dread the idea of going any further.

Which has made me re-evaluate BB as the best Souls game. I used to think it was number one, but now I'd say (prepares to duck for cover), DS1=DS2 > BB > DS3 > DemS.

For all the shit DS2 gets, each area you discover feels like an area you want to explore. I like it's more "autumnal" look and feel and how the game stretches out like an empire that has started to crack and decay.

Yarnham however is the best single locale in all of Souls.

Edit to add: I am in the minority and think bosses are by far the weakest part of all Souls games. The sense of rhythm and exploration are what makes the games great. The bosses are just boring roadblocks to progress. I like DS2 for that reason. It's about exploration, not "git gud". But nothing beats the overall architecture of DS1.
    Have you done the chalice dungeons yet? They will give a bit of a challenge in the later ones. More so than the dlc in my opinion.
  • Scimarad 21 Mar 2018 19:53:19 9,505 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @spleendonkey

Well that's refreshing. I thought I was only one that found the bosses an annoying impediment to actually enjoying the game more often than not in these games.
  • GarlVinland 21 Mar 2018 20:19:26 3,762 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    spleendonkey wrote:
    It's been a while but I don't remember BB ever dipping. To be fair I can't remember where Yharnam ends and the rest begins.

DS1 though...it's my favourite game ever but they really packed it in after Anor Londo. I'm saying it's literally unfinished and they just released it.

Says something that it's only 50% a game though and still one of the best ever. :)
  • Bichii 22 Mar 2018 08:37:34 798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Found a repeatable glitch on that shite boss mensis. When you drop down and he is standing there waiting for you and he will run into the mirror, shoot him with your pistol. He then runs to the mirror but doesn't enter it. You can then batter him until the game then teleports him to the middle of the room and you are free to attack again. Tried it three times and every time it did that. Just killed him there instead of the final room where he does the a.o.e. attack.
  • Graxlar_v3 22 Mar 2018 08:47:36 4,448 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    spleendonkey wrote:
    It's been a while but I don't remember BB ever dipping. To be fair I can't remember where Yharnam ends and the rest begins.

DS1 though...it's my favourite game ever but they really packed it in after Anor Londo. I'm saying it's literally unfinished and they just released it.

Says something that it's only 50% a game though and still one of the best ever. :)
    BB's quality is high pretty much the entire way through.. There is no lost Izalith here.

There is a portion of the game that is easier but that is welcome
  • quadfather 22 Mar 2018 08:53:58 33,266 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Am I the only person that likes lost izalith?
  • Graxlar_v3 22 Mar 2018 09:00:15 4,448 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @quadfather the glow from the orange hurts my eyes

I will say i like the bit after the orange pools of hell and half finished dinosaur butts and before the confirmed unfinished boss fight, which has checkpoints because it is so bullshit.

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 09:01:30 22-03-2018
  • Bichii 22 Mar 2018 09:04:45 798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The quality stays high unlike all dark souls games.

Turns out bloodbourne with Miley Cyrus is good.
  • Scimarad 22 Mar 2018 09:06:22 9,505 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Bichii

That sounds promising, I'm stuck on that guy now.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.