Bloodborne Page 717

• jabberwocky 3 Jul 2018 15:45:15 152 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @erasr There will be sections of the game where you cannot summon. Like in Cathedral Ward when you first get there none of the gates are open and you cannot access the area boss, you would need to make it to Old Yharnam before you could summon again.
  • Jyzzy-Z 3 Jul 2018 15:47:22 3,495 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I rerolled on this now I'm done with DS Remastered. Going to finish the chalice dungeons this time. Never got that far as I found them a bit confusing.

Going for a pure strength build this time. I've just accessed the DLC so I'm going to see about getting a decent weapon out of it and then carrying on with the main game.
  • jabberwocky 3 Jul 2018 16:03:01 152 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Jyzzy-Z I just found them dull. The layouts of the place just feel so similar to each other and the only real difference seems to be the colour scheme and enemy layout. I only got as far as the first poison ones and never went back.

I am currently up to Mergo on a NG+ character and have just defeated The Living Failures in the DLC. Trying to go for the 2nd ending with this one and then i'll re-roll for the last one.

Can't see myself ever getting the platinum cause i cannot be arsed getting to Queen Yharnam.
  • Jyzzy-Z 3 Jul 2018 16:37:09 3,495 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I did the first two and got bored of them last time. I'm on the side of them being complete shit but I can hopefully steamroller them with a decent build.
  • jabberwocky 3 Jul 2018 16:44:55 152 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Jyzzy-Z Yeah they're definitely lacking that special something the main game has, even with the expanded enemy list.
  • wuntyphyve 3 Jul 2018 16:50:07 11,012 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I actually enjoyed the chalcie dungeons. Not sure why. Make sure you do them in the proper order (there's a list somewhere online) so you don't have to do more than you have to do...
  • wuntyphyve 3 Jul 2018 16:50:40 11,012 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also, apparently Bloodborne 2 has been leaked on the italian amazon site. Probably just bullshit though.
  • Cadence 3 Jul 2018 19:05:32 2,229 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Whaaaaat?
  • Fonzie 3 Jul 2018 20:03:54 3,316 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    jabberwocky wrote:
    @Jyzzy-Z I just found them dull. The layouts of the place just feel so similar to each other and the only real difference seems to be the colour scheme and enemy layout. I only got as far as the first poison ones and never went back.

I am currently up to Mergo on a NG+ character and have just defeated The Living Failures in the DLC. Trying to go for the 2nd ending with this one and then i'll re-roll for the last one.

Can't see myself ever getting the platinum cause i cannot be arsed getting to Queen Yharnam.
    You should stick stick with the chalice dungeons. There are some awesome bosses in there and the later cahlices can be quite tough. I really enjoyed them.
  • jabberwocky 4 Jul 2018 12:17:03 152 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Fonzie I did manage quite a few of them, think either Rom or Amygdala was one of the last bosses i faced down there. I have faced some of the ones created for down there like The Keeper of the Old Lords and i do enjoy those fights, its just the journey getting to those bosses is nowhere near as good as the main game.
  • Scimarad 4 Jul 2018 21:09:58 9,505 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, I gave up after trying to kill chalice amygdala god knows how many times. I was pretty determined to get that platinum but I just got so sick of that bullshit...
  • Big-Swiss 5 Jul 2018 09:01:01 9,312 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    Yeah, I gave up after trying to kill chalice amygdala god knows how many times. I was pretty determined to get that platinum but I just got so sick of that bullshit...
    I think I needed about 35 attempts
  • GarlVinland 17 Sep 2018 16:52:58 3,762 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Went to an exhibition in the V&A Museum about games since 2000. They focused on a few specific games, Journey, Splatoon and Last of Us were among them, plus a bunch of interesting experimental games exploring themes like sexuality or violence.

One of the games that got more attention was Bloodborne. Didn't go into huge depth and very much for laymen but they had some sketchbooks and prototypes from the design team that were pretty cool, and also talked about how BB uses its mechanics to draw gamers in, which I'm sure we're all familiar with. Took about 5mins to see it all but it was obviously the highlight for me.
  • spiderland 20 Sep 2018 11:22:47 1 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    \SEKIRO!
  • Duffking 8 Nov 2018 14:22:52 15,906 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just got myself a PS4 Pro with this and Spidey.

Might as well buy the DLC right away yes?
  • Frogofdoom 8 Nov 2018 14:24:24 10,635 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    See how much you enjoy it first, you wouldn't need the dlc for a while anyway.
  • wuntyphyve 8 Nov 2018 15:30:36 11,012 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've got such an itch to crack this open again it's unreal. Must be the dark nights.

Yeah Duff see how you get on. The DLC is fucking brilliant however so if you get on with the main game it's a no eye-lined-brainer.
  • Duffking 8 Nov 2018 16:12:31 15,906 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I know I'll get on with the game, how could I not? Only Souls game I've not played and I always do glass cannon characters in the series anyway that have low armour and high mobility :)
  • Frogofdoom 8 Nov 2018 16:15:49 10,635 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh just get it then.
  • wuntyphyve 8 Nov 2018 16:54:04 11,012 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You're in for a fucking treat.
  • Rhaegyr 8 Nov 2018 17:00:01 4,633 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    You're in for a fucking treat.
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Nov 2018 17:22:39 4,448 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    I've got such an itch to crack this open again it's unreal. Must be the dark nights.
  • Gibroon 8 Nov 2018 17:30:56 2,058 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Duffking

Possibly my favorite of all the souls type games. Strips away a lot of the rpg stuff and unneeded weapons dropped by mobs and no need to worry about how much weight you are carrying.

Combat is quick and bloody. Great stuff.

You'll still get lost and wonder wtf you are supposed to do. :)

Edited by Gibroon at 17:38:36 08-11-2018
  • Mr_Sleep 8 Nov 2018 18:52:59 22,002 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    You get to enjoy one of the best opening areas to any game ever. It acts as a tutorial while also being challenging and opening up all the options available in combat. Learn to parry too, it is great.

One of the advantages of parrying in this game is you can bait an attack, back off slightly and parry in safety.
  • wuntyphyve 8 Nov 2018 19:54:32 11,012 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you play a lot you’ll be as good as the Eurogamer Bloodborne Elite of me, Addy and Quad...

Erm

https://youtu.be/YIz2wxxiJAQ
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Nov 2018 19:55:10 4,448 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    :(
  • nickthegun 8 Nov 2018 20:02:41 75,578 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    You get to enjoy one of the best opening areas to any game ever.
    Also one of the hardest, certainly of the soulsborne games. As bastard hard as nioh is, the first island hasn't got shit on this.
  • Gibroon 8 Nov 2018 20:22:16 2,058 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    You get to enjoy one of the best opening areas to any game ever.
    Also one of the hardest, certainly of the soulsborne games. As bastard hard as nioh is, the first island hasn't got shit on this.
    This is true, took me a good while to clear the first area and boss but as is often the case with these games, when you roll another character and know the mechanics and short cuts, you can breeze through the first section relatively pain free.

Parrying is definitely your friend in this game as is sneaky, sneaky, stabby in the backy.
  • wuntyphyve 8 Nov 2018 21:03:49 11,012 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also. Rifle Spear simply cannot be underestimated.
  • Duffking 9 Nov 2018 00:14:26 15,906 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    OK, initial thoughts. Done the first boss.

Run to the first boss seems harder than the boss itself who was fairly easy, the camera was a bigger issue than the boss to be honest. Thankfully there's a shortcut.

The timing on the parries seems really forgiving the majority of the time which is nice. Only downside is your own wind up means some attacks hit you faster than you can parry.

Found some armour down a hole or aqueduct near the first boss which just seems objectively better unless I'm missing something.

The annoying input buffering from souls games is present and correct. And rather more obnoxious in this. The number of times already that I've been hit just as I went to attack, got knocked back then done an attack without pressing any buttons after getting hit is already way too high.

Also those werewolves are fucking cunts.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.