Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nah it's eldin ring, ps5 exclusive.
  • JamboWayOh 6 Jun 2020 12:22:38 20,059 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Well no. It was on Microsoft's E3 showreel last year.
  • chrisno21 6 Jun 2020 12:56:08 2,298 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thought Sony were doing a patch for Bloodborne on ps5, guess they want us to pay for it.

Edit (unless I imagined this)

Edited by chrisno21 at 12:59:27 06-06-2020
  • Steve-Perry 6 Jun 2020 13:05:54 1,517 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Bichii wrote:
    Well no. It was on Microsoft's E3 showreel last year.
    Also announced for PC
  • matrim83 10 Jul 2020 13:15:28 5,709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I am just eating shit against Rom the spider. Almost all of his attacks one shot me if I am anything less than 90% health. A few of the mini spider attacks also one shot me at anything below full health.

Level 39. 22 Vit.

Am I under leveled? Yeah I know souls games can be beat at SL1 or whatever but thats really not me.

Is there someone else I can go to pick up a few levels? I think something called oden chapel is what I got in the hunters dream but I don't know where that is.
  • nickthegun 10 Jul 2020 13:26:29 82,376 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think that level is doable. I found the real enemy to be the camera, tbh. More than any other boss, I found you had to learn his patterns because its super tough to keep an eye on him and everyone else.

Also, your weapon probably needs upgrading.

I killed it by ignoring the spiders and getting around the other side but a lot of people do it by killing the small ones before they start on Rom.
  • matrim83 10 Jul 2020 13:33:40 5,709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I don't think I can upgrade the weapon further. Its at +6 and I haven't found any chunks yet.

I am doing decent damage. Its just that I get wrecked with one shot.
  • nickthegun 10 Jul 2020 13:36:59 82,376 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ah, luck it is then
  • Bichii 10 Jul 2020 13:37:08 3,179 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    His one shot attacks have long ish tells to them just dodge back before he does them, kill a few little spiders and get back to it. He is weak Vs bolt.
  • Big-Swiss 10 Jul 2020 13:39:17 9,411 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I hated Rom!

Hated him even more in the dungeon!
  • matrim83 10 Jul 2020 14:28:35 5,709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Also really not a fan of farming healing items. Or money to buy them.

I dont mind doing a boss 10-15 times till I get it right. But having to break and grind for heals every 3-4 times is annoying as fuck.

They got it right in DS1-3. It was a far superior system than what Denon souls had. Dunno why they went back.
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Jul 2020 17:32:59 23,457 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @matrim83 I don't know, I tended to enjoy the excuse to go and practice parrying on the brick welding enemies in the first area. They reliably give loads of viles and it is a very easy loop and when a boss is getting tiring it is good to mix it up.
  • matrim83 11 Jul 2020 11:55:41 5,709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    @matrim83 I don't know, I tended to enjoy the excuse to go and practice parrying on the brick welding enemies in the first area. They reliably give loads of viles and it is a very easy loop and when a boss is getting tiring it is good to mix it up.
    I just prefer to zone in on the boss when I am stuck. So having to go out and farm is really annoying. But I do love co op in the souls series. So I just did that for a bit. Not as fast as farming general mob and you end up burning some heals in the co op boss fight but at least its fun.

Anyway finally beat the fucker. Literally landed the killing blow as I was killed by a spider underling. But it counted. Even got all my souls back.

Now is there is some asshole hunter in the Great cathedral though who has a bazillion health.
  • Samildanach 11 Jul 2020 12:14:17 345 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've been making slow progress in this awesome game. Blood-starved Beast, Witches and Amelia all down, as well as the first Chalice dungeon (with the Watchdog at the end). Gascoigne and BSB have taken the most attempts (a great many), whereas Amelia and the first boss on the bridge took three or four goes. The Witches went down first try but only by the skin of my teeth, whereas the three chalice dungeon bosses were a little easier. I suspect much pain in later chalice bosses though.
    Anyway, I'm up to the Unseen Village after an unfortunate encounter with the bag holding enemies and Darkbeast Paarl has smashed me to smithereens. I've only had one go at him, but I suspect this one won't go down easily.
    I wish I could play this game more often, but the lack of pause function (I understand why) does make it difficult with young children requiring attention at night usually when I have got a difficult boss down to its last bit of health. Gah!
  • Samildanach 11 Jul 2020 12:16:10 345 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    From soft really should release the offline only 'harassed parent version' of all their games.
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Jul 2020 19:31:28 23,457 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I wish I could play bloodborne again but I am pretty sure I have tried every combination of weapon that interests me so I will just have to wait for either the remaster or a second instalment.
  • Samildanach 11 Jul 2020 21:56:23 345 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Darkbeast Paarl down. That was a surprise. I went from not lasting 10 seconds against it for multiple tries, before abruptly lasting long enough to win. It was made possible by getting a succession of it collapsing four times after presumably doing enough damage to each leg in turn. Once he was pretty low on HP I used a a fire paper and finished him off. I say finished it off, but as usual I almost got too greedy, trying to spam R1 at him when he was on his last sliver of health despite me having zero stamina and somehow I didn't get punished for it. Phew.
    Great boss, and I am glad I didn't leave him till later when I would have steamrolled him.

Edited by Samildanach at 21:57:54 11-07-2020
  • Nanocrystal 12 Jul 2020 07:39:37 2,134 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    I wish I could play bloodborne again but I am pretty sure I have tried every combination of weapon that interests me so I will just have to wait for either the remaster or a second instalment.
    Have you done a bloodtinge/chikage/bloodletter run? Easily my favourite.
  • Fonzie 13 Jul 2020 11:00:37 3,421 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    My favourite build so far has to be my bloodtinge/Chikage build. I have fond memories of Bloodtinge Betty.
  • matrim83 13 Jul 2020 18:21:08 5,709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Darkbeast paarl more like darkbeast lol amrite.

Twitchy fucker took a few tries but he's down for good. Is there a shortcut to the one reborn I missed? Seems like a long and trek back to the boss.

I unlocked the elevator but that doesn't seem to do much.

Edit I really wish this game was on the PC. Faster load times would be so fucking good. And 60fps. Hope those rumors are true.

Edited by matrim83 at 18:21:58 13-07-2020
  • Mr_Sleep 13 Jul 2020 21:08:38 23,457 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Yep, done them all, I think. My favorite is the moonlight greatsword, I think.
  • matrim83 15 Jul 2020 13:01:34 5,709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Goddamn dude. How is every single Hunter I have encountered tougher than almost any boss so far.

I knew NPC invasions in Souls series were kinda weak but this is a ridiculous course correction.

I am fighting some shitbird in the Grand Cathedral and she has like a billion HP and hits like a truck.
  • Blackmarsh63 15 Jul 2020 13:05:17 3,350 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @matrim83 Eileen :)
  • Bichii 15 Jul 2020 13:07:07 3,179 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Eileen is a pussy compared to the hunter you have to kill at the end of her quest line.
  • wuntyate 15 Jul 2020 13:12:43 14,963 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If it's IN the Cathedral, sounds like it's the Crow...
  • Mr_Sleep 15 Jul 2020 16:11:08 23,457 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    That hunter, the non-crow one, is the single hardest fight in the game before the DLC. Funny given it isn't even set up as a boss battle but God damn is it tough.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 16:11:44 15-07-2020
  • matrim83 15 Jul 2020 16:30:20 5,709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I dont know who it is. I just skip all the dialogues and cutscenes and press Yes if any NPC asks a question lol.

Anyway, killed her. Took a few tries.

Micolash is also down, that was a fun boss fight. Interesting little twist. Killed Amygdala too, that one was ok. Not great but not bad either.

I think I am nearing endgame. I am enjoying it but really its not even in the same league as Dark Souls for me.

Side note - Does anyone genuinely hate the sound design in this game? Every enemy just screams loud as they can, it is incredibly annoying. Its gotten to the point where I just play it on very low audio for most of the game.
  • matrim83 17 Jul 2020 14:36:36 5,709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Finished it. Accidentally lol.

Fought some guy in the hunters dream not knowing that was it. RIP dlc I guess, cause I sure as shit ain't doing it on NG plus.
  • Samildanach 17 Jul 2020 18:35:35 345 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lurking in the Forbidden Woods currently and met the fellow seemingly feeding off the the bodies of a small family. Though the best thing for this character was the sharp edge of my saw blade in his skull and he turned into some horrific miniboss and pounced me into mincemeat. I shat myself frankly.
    Anyway, this left 26,000 souls (or whatever they are in this game) on the ground for collection, which were promptly all lost when I made a complete hash of fighting the beast man at the base of the ladder to get back to the big guy.
    He's going down for that... it might take a few goes though.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.