Following Bloodborne Page 727

• quadfather 30 Jul 2020 19:58:20 37,939 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    Bloody hell I've very much forgotten how to play this.
    I reckon I'll have no chance. I can't remember anything about it
  • wuntyate 30 Jul 2020 23:09:59 16,198 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It didn't go well. Started to come back to me.

Its.... Not an uplifting game is it.
  • Samildanach 30 Jul 2020 23:14:42 523 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:

That is perhaps my only criticism of it so far. It is all so steeped in horror and darkness, but there is little else. I might be proved wrong later, but I am not expecting an Anor Londo moment.
  • Ddanno 30 Jul 2020 23:44:22 1,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It rather depends on your point of view ;)
  • wuntyate 31 Jul 2020 10:15:40 16,198 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Samildanach If you can imagine more horror and darkness, then add some on top of that then you've probably got it.

I do love it though. I'm fannying around in some Isz dungeons.
  • quadfather 31 Jul 2020 14:08:36 37,939 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Samildanach wrote:
    wuntyate wrote:

That is perhaps my only criticism of it so far. It is all so steeped in horror and darkness, but there is little else. I might be proved wrong later, but I am not expecting an Anor Londo moment.
    Just out of interest, how much insight do you have on you on average?
  • Fonzie 31 Jul 2020 14:53:33 3,445 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Samildanach wrote:
    wuntyate wrote:

Last time I played it (Oct-Nov last year) I don't think I spent many insight. I had 50+ for the 2nd half of the game.
  • wuntyate 31 Jul 2020 15:08:25 16,198 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had 72 last night. After an encounter with a brainsucker I was left with 60.

I fucking hate those cunts.
  • Fonzie 31 Jul 2020 15:13:22 3,445 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    I had 72 last night. After an encounter with a brainsucker I was left with 60.

I fucking hate those cunts.
    I especially hate the ones that are in the cathedral with the hunters and werewolves with blue eyes. I remember spending ages patiently clearing that area out and then turning a corner only to have one of them fire blue lights at me which paralysed me. It then charged at me, sucking all my insight and killed me. If those hunters had have respawned, I don't think I would have had the will to carry on.
  • wuntyate 31 Jul 2020 15:44:30 16,198 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    UCW is horrific. The one I fought was a chalice dungeon boss. He kept zapping me and sucking my brains out until I'd had enough of his shit and remembered he crumbles like an old sponge cake once you start laying into him. Gits.
  • Samildanach 31 Jul 2020 19:21:33 523 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Samildanach wrote:
    wuntyate wrote:

Low 20s I think. I spent some on buying a few Hunter garbs after I killed them earlier.
  • wuntyate 31 Jul 2020 22:12:34 16,198 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Who's bloody fault is it I'm addicted to chalice dungeoning again.

Still hate the abhorrent beast.
  • Fonzie 1 Aug 2020 08:36:18 3,445 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    Who's bloody fault is it I'm addicted to chalice dungeoning again.

Still hate the abhorrent beast.
    Loads of people disliked the chalice dungeons but I loved them. On my first playthrough, I didn't touch them till after the DLC and thought that they were easy. Obviously was way overleveled for the early dungeons. I do think that they were meant for co-op though. Some of those bosses are incredibly hard.

Edited by Fonzie at 08:36:45 01-08-2020
  • wuntyate 1 Aug 2020 09:17:15 16,198 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've always really enjoyed them. Love the oppressive atmosphere and all the different enemies down there. Did another depth 5 Isz this morning and a 5 lower loran yesterday so some good gems, although I'm struggling finding a crescent arcane gem. Getting a ton of crescent from loran but not arcane, and the only arcane ones that seem to be dropping in Isz is triangle ones. Hmmmm.
  • Ddanno 1 Aug 2020 09:34:16 1,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Red spiders >.<

Apart from those, Chalice Dungeons are great.

Edit: LOOTSHEET

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4/edit?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Ddanno at 09:37:02 01-08-2020
  • wuntyate 1 Aug 2020 09:44:37 16,198 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers!

Hmph only one waning arcane there but it does look like I'll need to keep blitzing lower loran.

Joy.

More beasts.

\takes out fire whirligig
  • Samildanach 18 Aug 2020 23:33:05 523 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shadows of Yharnum finally down. Phew they were a toughie. I could reliably take down the first (the more passive fireball hurling one) but the other two were proving rather tough with their extra moves. Once I had got the measure of hitting once, quickstepping after them as they dodge back, hitting again etc. then things became manageable. Finally down to the one with the flaming blade and I hung back too often, allowing him to summon those damn snakes. Scraped through having used all bullets and all vials.

Dug deeper into the Chalice Dungeons too. Hintertomb is compete, though the Giant with the cannon on L2 gave me a hard time. The Central Pthumerian Labyrinth is almost done, just the final boss remains (the Pthumerian Descendant). Bloody Hell he is fast. Any tips as I can barely get in a hit?
  • Bichii 18 Aug 2020 23:38:38 4,220 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ooooooh more importantly you're nearly at ROM in the main game, do enjoy....
  • wuntyate 18 Aug 2020 23:48:32 16,198 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rom the christmas sausage
  • Fonzie 19 Aug 2020 10:25:47 3,445 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Rom in the main game is a walk in the park compared to the chalice dungeon encounter.
  • Rogueywon 19 Aug 2020 10:27:17 10,704 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Rom never bothered me that much, in normal or chalice incarnations. Cursed Defiled Amygdala, on the other hand, can do one. After Dark Souls's Four Kings, that bastard chalice fight had me stuck on a boss for longer than anything else in a Soulslike.
  • wuntyate 19 Aug 2020 10:41:45 16,198 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    See I didn't mind that Amy, I found a sweet spot near one of it's legs and it wasn't too much trouble. The watchdog in that dungeon was worse imo. Fucking watchdog.
  • puddleduck 19 Aug 2020 18:02:10 1,963 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Rogueywon that's who I'm fighting now! The cursed dungeon basically means anything is a one shot from it.

Started a run through recently with some friends and I can't stop playing it again. Such a great game still. Gone with a Bloodtinge build this time which has been interesting. Definitely found it harder than my usual Ludwigs.
  • quadfather 19 Aug 2020 19:00:57 37,939 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @puddleduck

Hey, how's it going? :)
  • puddleduck 19 Aug 2020 20:42:02 1,963 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @quadfather Good thanks! How are you? I still lurk in the forum a lot. Seems like not that long ago, yet also ages ago, that we were playing through Dark Souls 1. What an experience that was first time through. No boss was ever more dangerous than gravity!

I've been playing almost nothing but Bloodborne for the last month. I genuinely think the Soulsborne games broke me. Even when I try to play something else I end up eventually rerolling in one of them. DS3 was rerolled two months ago and finally soloed Midir. Now Bloodborne. No doubt the next game I end up playing properly will be Demon's Souls.
  • Bichii 19 Aug 2020 20:54:11 4,220 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hardest bosses solo for me personally ds1: o&s

Ds2: not sure as I don't think any of them I was stuck on for ages like other games

DS3: probably the nameless king.

BB: not the hardest but ROM pisses me off the most, such an easy fight but I always end up having to do it many times through lack of patience and bs rng. Hardest (not including chalices) definitely ophan, Jesus Christ one of the hardest from bosses ever made.

Sekiro: last boss, my god. This or orphan for hardest. FOUR phases, are you f'ing kidding me.
  • wuntyate 19 Aug 2020 22:18:38 16,198 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    For me it's

DeS: Flamelurker
    DS1: O&S
    DS2: Fume Knight
    DS3: Midir
    BB: Kos or Lawrence
    Sekiro: 4 Phase wanker or Demon of Hatred
  • Samildanach 19 Aug 2020 23:06:14 523 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I like lists.

Demon's: Maneaters (Flamelurker was brutal early on but when I returned to him later he seemed oddly easy.)
    DS: Ornstein and Smough just edge out the dlc triumvate of pain.
    DS2: Not a proper boss but I found the secret Twin Pursuer battle impossible without cheesing it. As for the actual bosses, Lud and Zallen was the only one who I gave up and summoned the npcs to help me out. Even then it was a pain.
    Err... Lords of the Fallen: The Worshipper. Near the end of the game you learn how many attempts it took to kill most of the bosses. Over a hundred for this guy. Yes, I'm shit.
    Not far enough into Bloodborne to really count, but so far it is Pthumerian Descendant as I haven't beaten him yet.
  • puddleduck 20 Aug 2020 01:17:06 1,963 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh fun. Like someone telling a joke at an AA meeting or something.

Demons: can't remember.
    Dark Souls: Kalameet. I really hate bosses that spend time not being hittable but spamming you with attacks. Definitely not O&S as I must have spent months with a summon sign at the bonfire just waiting to be summoned. Think I must have helped 100s of people kill them.
    Dark Souls 2: Similar to Bichii nothing stands out. Maybe Sinh. Maybe that Persuer fight that like Wunty I think I only ever cheesed.
    DS3: Midir. I loved Nameless King. Did the same there as I did for O&S! Now I've soloed Midir I actually know it pretty well but genuinely seemed impossible for a long time with his flying spam attacks.
    Bloodborne: Laurence. Died fighting him in coop with my brother so many times.
    Sekiro: To my shame not completed it. Originally stalled at Guardian Ape but now have him nailed. Owl though. That was my next brick wall and I've not gone back since.
  • Bichii 20 Aug 2020 01:38:35 4,220 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Owl is a bastard. I've just got to him tonight before I save quit for the night. I think last time I beat him by running around until he missed an attack with a long cool down then hit him with the mortal blade and repeated until he was dead. Guardian ape I did first time this time although I did use a rice and a little statue so I had two resurrections. (In the end I didn't use the extra resurrection but I took it in case as I was out of normal heals).
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.