Following Bloodborne Page 733

• puddleduck 13 Sep 2020 12:05:25 1,917 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 it's really great. It's more aggressive than the souls games because of the rally mechanic. Where hitting someone straight after you take damage can restore some health.
  • retro74 13 Sep 2020 12:20:11 3,330 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 100% you should play it, once it gets its hooks into you youíre like a crack addict looking for the next fix

However like hard drugs be prepared for a lot of pain. It will feel like youíre dying over and over again with no discernible progress but youíll be learning every time
  • Bichii 13 Sep 2020 12:29:13 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    Bichii wrote:
    Watched someone called marz play BB last night, can't remember the video title but it caught my attention. Anyway she taught me something that I never knew, you can Stealth around the frenzy singing enemies! Knowing that would have helped in the nightmare frontiers!! :).
    How's that possible? They literally have eyes in the backs of their heads!
    Yeah I never knew it was an option, you can Stealth your way all the way to the lever to drop the giant brain thing and get the blood rock.
  • quadfather 13 Sep 2020 12:45:49 36,915 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Yeah you should give it a go. If you can get into the mindset of not bothering that much when you die, then it's more manageable to get used to it.

Or just do what I do, and repeat the first areas before tackling the boss multiple times to a) get used to it and b) get an edge on them by upgrading with said experience.

The parrying mechanic is very useful as you have ZERO shields in this, so it's generally a case of, "come on then you bastard's" till you get it. And it's great when you get it.

It's also got the greatest gothic vibe and some truly brilliantly hideous monsters. Not to mention how fucked up the story is.

There you go.
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Sep 2020 13:09:02 26,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Right I think I'm convinced to give it a go, does it have the feature where psn (EGers) can invade my game and help me ;)
  • quadfather 13 Sep 2020 13:15:06 36,915 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yup think that's still going as far as I know. We can all come in your game and totally fuck everything up for you, with pleasure :)
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Sep 2020 13:20:20 26,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @quadfather
    :) you have to catch me playing it first!
  • Bichii 13 Sep 2020 13:41:12 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Online is very busy still. Plenty of invading and immediate co oping.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Sep 2020 13:50:06 10,467 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 you get more than enough experience to finish the game from the bosses alone, just decide on a weapon type and ask here what specs you should upgrade. That means that the XP you get from going through the level is all bonus and it really doesnít matter if you lose it all. Once you realise that losing the XP isnít an issue (you can always do farming runs if you want as per quaddy, a lot of the fear and the panick disappears. Also boss runs are a thing, you want to do the boss over and over just run past everything
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Sep 2020 13:51:03 26,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3
    Is there a Chainsaw in the game ;)
  • Bichii 13 Sep 2020 13:53:29 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Go strength, simples. Then stamina/endurance then a sprinkling of vitality. Everything else is surplus on your first run. Most of the best / easiest weapons are strength based.
  • sid92 13 Sep 2020 14:03:40 3,585 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kirkhammer!!!!
  • sid92 13 Sep 2020 14:05:19 3,585 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That moment when you first press L2 while using the whirligig, that realisation of what you can do with that attack.

Gaming bliss :)
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Sep 2020 14:07:01 10,467 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @Graxlar_v3
    Is there a Chainsaw in the game ;)
    There is eventually, but itís a dlc weapon
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Sep 2020 14:07:16 10,467 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Go strength, simples. Then stamina/endurance then a sprinkling of vitality. Everything else is surplus on your first run. Most of the best / easiest weapons are strength based.
    This is true
  • wuntyate 13 Sep 2020 14:37:43 15,303 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Add in a bit of arcane. If I'd known how brilliant the hunters tools were on my first run I would have definitely done that.
  • Bichii 13 Sep 2020 14:46:17 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Agreed but you need 20 minimum to make it useful which is a hefty investment off strength, endurance, vitality for first run.
  • sid92 13 Sep 2020 14:53:44 3,585 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Never used much of the hunter tools other than old hunter bone, but had an arcane build for Moonlight great sword and Wheel at one point.

I love Madaras whistle though, brilliant for invading.
  • Samildanach 14 Sep 2020 00:55:49 399 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cainhurst has been fully explored. What a great location, very creepy but not too difficult. Had one go at the boss and quickly realised that he will take a lot if goes, I therefore completely wussed out on him for now and have been delving deeper into Yahar'gul instead. You folks are right that it is much more difficult, especially with those damn Bell Ringers bringing everything back to life. After much pain I made it as far as the second lantern, but the three hunters in the church are fecking hard. I sniff a hint of cheese (strategy) coming on.
  • Bichii 14 Sep 2020 01:00:11 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Good stuff. I was helping at Martyr Logarius earlier as I know people struggle there and at wet nurse. Cainhurst is definitely one of my favourite areas of the game and has some of my favourite lore.

There's a kind of hidden key in yahar'gul that gives you access to a whole secret area and boss. :)
  • Fonzie 14 Sep 2020 08:02:31 3,433 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Samildanach wrote:
    Cainhurst has been fully explored. What a great location, very creepy but not too difficult. Had one go at the boss and quickly realised that he will take a lot if goes, I therefore completely wussed out on him for now and have been delving deeper into Yahar'gul instead. You folks are right that it is much more difficult, especially with those damn Bell Ringers bringing everything back to life. After much pain I made it as far as the second lantern, but the three hunters in the church are fecking hard. I sniff a hint of cheese (strategy) coming on.
    Learn to parry the boss and he will go down easily. He is very susceptible to a good parry. Once you learn the timing, he will be one of the easiest bosses. Otherwise, he can be quite annoying.
  • DUFFMAN5 14 Sep 2020 08:23:33 26,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Well I tried, but it is not for me. More power to your elbow if you love the game and I can certainly see from an aesthetic standpoint but the couple of hours I spent messing around yesterday afternoon was enough for me.
    I do not have the requisite skill and or patience.

Onward and upward.
  • dominalien 14 Sep 2020 08:45:49 9,819 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I missed Cainhurst completely on my playthrough. I'm really looking forward to my visit soon.
  • Bichii 14 Sep 2020 08:46:46 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You mean onwards and downwards as your next game clearly wont be as good? ;).
    It's not so much skill level duff it's practice, these games move to a different beat to pretty much all other games. Also generally these games are at their hardest in the first few hours.
  • dominalien 14 Sep 2020 08:47:03 9,819 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Fair enough. One cannot appreciate everything, I know I don't like a few games people have been hailing as the second coming.
  • Bichii 14 Sep 2020 08:56:51 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    I missed Cainhurst completely on my playthrough. I'm really looking forward to my visit soon.
    Oh it's delightful and it holds my favourite covenant. Plus it unlocks the best fashion wear and the coolest hat. Plus plus several weapons and the best gun and sword in the game if you want to play bloodtinge.
  • quadfather 14 Sep 2020 09:55:10 36,915 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Well I tried, but it is not for me. More power to your elbow if you love the game and I can certainly see from an aesthetic standpoint but the couple of hours I spent messing around yesterday afternoon was enough for me.
    I do not have the requisite skill and or patience.

Onward and upward.
    Fair do's. Least you tried. If it doesn't click in a few hours, it's probably not worth trying to like it - it'll just annoy you
  • DUFFMAN5 14 Sep 2020 11:10:46 26,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    You mean onwards and downwards as your next game clearly wont be as good? ;).
    Not too sure about that mate :)
    I'm playing the sublime Ghost of Tsushima at the moment.
  • Bichii 14 Sep 2020 12:12:05 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm scared to play it, I have it but not really started yet. I'll be coming straight from nioh 2, sekiro and BB. Three of the best sword fighting/combat games ever made.
  • wuntyate 14 Sep 2020 12:27:37 15,303 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Bichii GoT is a very different beast to the games you mentioned. The sword fighting is still bloody awesome though, albeit in a different way.

Did you finish the Nioh 2 DLC?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.