Following Bloodborne Page 734

Next Last
  • Bichii 14 Sep 2020 12:30:22 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nope just did the first mission, getting back to it tonight. Can't wait.

Need to also run through it in Ng+ with a completely different spec character.
  • Fonzie 14 Sep 2020 16:06:40 3,433 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I need to get in on GoT. Sounds promising.

I've finished the Nioh 2 DLC now on the NG difficulty. The only mission I have failed at repeatedly is the one on one fight with the end boss that appears after you speak to him in the area where you do all the tutorials. That was using my Kurasigama build. I went into NG+ with that character to farm divine gear.

I have now started an axe build which is smashing its way through everything so far. I love the way Nioh 2 allows different builds which all feel very different to play with. The axe build is very tanky, whereas the kurasigama build was could get destroyed in a couple of hits but had a high dps.
  • sid92 14 Sep 2020 17:27:11 3,585 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fonzie wrote:
    I need to get in on GoT. Sounds promising.

I've finished the Nioh 2 DLC now on the NG difficulty. The only mission I have failed at repeatedly is the one on one fight with the end boss that appears after you speak to him in the area where you do all the tutorials. That was using my Kurasigama build. I went into NG+ with that character to farm divine gear.

I have now started an axe build which is smashing its way through everything so far. I love the way Nioh 2 allows different builds which all feel very different to play with. The axe build is very tanky, whereas the kurasigama build was could get destroyed in a couple of hits but had a high dps.
    Iím all about the Odachi but the Axe is cool as fuck. That charge up skill is brilliant when it lands, think itís called Rumbling Earth.
  • Bichii 14 Sep 2020 17:51:37 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I enjoyed the ldachi, mainly as it has excellent link combos between stances but in the end I preferred rocking my Kurasigama.

Started my first ever almost pure bloodtinge build. I'm ready to be utterly useless until cainhurst then absolutely wreck after.
  • Fonzie 14 Sep 2020 18:13:29 3,433 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    I enjoyed the ldachi, mainly as it has excellent link combos between stances but in the end I preferred rocking my Kurasigama.

Started my first ever almost pure bloodtinge build. I'm ready to be utterly useless until cainhurst then absolutely wreck after.
    Bloodtinge builds are great. Its just that wait until Cainhurst. Just make a beeline for Cainhurst as fast as you can. Then reap the benefits.
  • wuntyate 14 Sep 2020 18:28:15 15,303 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was all about the switch glaive then splistaff. Splitstaff gets beastly once you unlock a few skills.
  • puddleduck 15 Sep 2020 01:10:44 1,917 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Bichii you can get one faster with the chalice dungeons. Need a specific glyph. My last build is bloodtinge and it's an interesting change using the Chikage.
  • Nanocrystal 15 Sep 2020 02:28:18 2,208 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Bloodletter is even better that the Chikage IMO. Rather than continuously draining your health, the damage buff takes a single chunk of health that you can heal straightaway, then lasts indefinitely. Plus it's a smashy weapon rather than a slicey one, which is always more fun.
  • retro74 15 Sep 2020 21:50:24 3,330 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Iíve been away for a few days but managed an hour earlier. Managed to get online working so acted as a summon on the Shadows about 10 times, got a nice message of someone that had been struggling with it for a long time before my help

Go me!
  • Bichii 16 Sep 2020 08:41:32 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I often get friends requests after helping someone on a hard boss. What do they expect, me to say yes so they can keep summoning me on each boss. :).

The Woods boss always kisses me off as it's three bosses, any boss that has more then one pisses me off.

I've dropped this until I finish nioh 2 dlc as my old brain can't cope with the two combat styles and control inputs!!
  • Fonzie 16 Sep 2020 14:40:10 3,433 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    I often get friends requests after helping someone on a hard boss. What do they expect, me to say yes so they can keep summoning me on each boss. :).

The Woods boss always kisses me off as it's three bosses, any boss that has more then one pisses me off.

I've dropped this until I finish nioh 2 dlc as my old brain can't cope with the two combat styles and control inputs!!
    I changed my attack buttons on Nioh 2 to r1 and r2 buttons. It just feels more natural now after many years of soulsborne games.
  • retro74 16 Sep 2020 22:13:44 3,330 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Still short on time but played for 15 minutes earlier and beat Rom

That is such an easy boss if you ignore the little spiders, they are only there to distract you. Donít even think I got hit

Had a very quick go of Yarguhl or whatever itís called. Those bell maidens are annoying, I know one is a bit hidden and I canít remember where she is
  • Bichii 18 Sep 2020 09:06:45 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    He is definitely not an easy boss if you ignore the spiders. I've killed him 6+ times. A couple of times I've sprinted up to ROM and wrecked him first time with ease. Doesn't always work like that. In its moveset he has a few kill you in a second attacks and on other occasions the small spiders actually react and swarm you which also wrecks you in two seconds. So basically it's down to luck how the a.i. reacts to you when you run up and attack rom.
  • chrisno21 18 Sep 2020 09:29:09 2,335 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rom in the chalice was harder if I remember right. Much smaller space and that aoe attack when Rom rolls over really hurts.
  • Samildanach 26 Sep 2020 10:15:02 399 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The One Reborn is now down after a few goes, not too tough and it reminded me very much of the Tower Knight boss battle.

So, decided to check out where that key I picked up got me and eventually stumbled upon the creepy as fuck Upper Cathedral Ward. Definitely got Tower of Latria vibes from this one, very good indeed. So I obviously lost ALL my insight by panicking every time I met those Brainsuckers. Really should have spent it first. Anyway, eventually made it to the Pinwheel/Magus & Congregation of the game in the form of the Celestial Emissary. I still died twice of course, but I don't think I was really trying as the threat seemed rather low.
    A different matter with Ebrietas who wasn't too bad in phase 1 but brought me low in phase 2. Doesn't seem too bad though, so hopefully will see it off soon. I haven't been back to Logarius yet mainly because he beat me SO badly despite using ALL my blood vials and I am after easier prey.

Edited by Samildanach at 10:15:41 26-09-2020
  • RobAnybody 26 Sep 2020 10:25:07 2,236 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    He is definitely not an easy boss if you ignore the spiders. I've killed him 6+ times. A couple of times I've sprinted up to ROM and wrecked him first time with ease. Doesn't always work like that. In its moveset he has a few kill you in a second attacks and on other occasions the small spiders actually react and swarm you which also wrecks you in two seconds. So basically it's down to luck how the a.i. reacts to you when you run up and attack rom.
    Just FYI, Rom is female:

https://bloodborne.fandom.com/wiki/Rom,_the_Vacuous_Spider

No big deal, just thought it would be of interest.

Edited by RobAnybody at 10:25:37 26-09-2020
  • Bichii 26 Sep 2020 10:57:22 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ebreitas isn't too bad depending on your build and avoiding it's second phase laser beam attack thing that's often a one shot. Still loving it?

Ron being a woman makes a lot of sense, I hate her with a passion. Definitely one of the bosses I least look forward to as it could be over first time or it might take me ten depends on how she wants to behave.
  • RobAnybody 26 Sep 2020 11:47:04 2,236 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ron??? Now I see why you thought she was male ...... ;)
  • Samildanach 26 Sep 2020 13:22:27 399 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Bichii
    Yep, definitely still loving it. Perhaps the only annoying thing is the lack of a refilling estus equivalent. Although it doesn't take that long to get more blood vials, it does break one's flow when making repeat attempts against a difficult boss.
  • OllyJ 29 Sep 2020 09:40:38 4,788 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Doing my 2nd proper playthrough and it's really clicked this time, admittedly it's still a bit too relentlessly horror for me...but there are moments of real jet black humour in there.

I'm at the point where I have one ending left to finish, a rare gem trophy, a weapon trophy (which I'm worried about as I haven't found the wooden shield and it's not where it's supposed to be)....and the chalice trophy and that's the platinum.

Just defeated Rom in a tiny room and I can only imagine it gets much harder from here.

Also got the DLC to do as well, I might do that BEFORE going into NG+
  • Bichii 29 Sep 2020 10:15:31 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah do the dlc right at the end of your current run and be as high a lvl as possible as it's relentless in its difficulty.
  • OllyJ 29 Sep 2020 13:28:56 4,788 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Bloodletting beast down...now I have the Defiled chalice...sounds pleasant :(
  • wuntyate 29 Sep 2020 13:36:41 15,303 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mwwahahaha. Have fun.

I hope you like dogs.

Edited by wuntyate at 13:37:33 29-09-2020
  • Ddanno 29 Sep 2020 16:14:08 1,625 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bahhhhhahahaaaa
  • sid92 29 Sep 2020 16:27:38 3,585 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    :)
  • retro74 29 Sep 2020 20:12:39 3,330 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I still playing through it again slowly before I try the DLC

I have to say that Iím finding the base game surprisingly easy, possibly because I played Sekiro quite recently which was much, much harder

That Micolash fight it still annoying though, couldnít remember how to get to the drop down hole
  • Bichii 29 Sep 2020 20:55:23 3,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah the whole micolash fight drives me mad. It's random how he runs around All over the shop then after all the fannying about he can one shot you in the final room. Beast glove sorts that problem out though!!

And yes all from games are baby difficulty if you come from beating sekiro properly.
  • OllyJ 30 Sep 2020 10:11:15 4,788 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Got all the materials for the Pthumerian Cursed Defiled Dungeon, took me a while farming for the right kind of ritual blood. Amazes me after playing the main game that the dungeons actually have plenty of suprises held back.

Thankfully the Hunter essence trophy dropped when I got the best claws last night, so I don't have to enter NG+ at all now.

Seems really hard to get anyone to summon, not many online I guess.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.