Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Page 65

• Nades 3 May 2017 00:07:22 2,907 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This series has definitely been up there with the best for me. Going through all the campaigns again just reminds me how good they all are.
  • IronGiant 10 Aug 2017 00:19:16 5,945 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Finally got round to finishing this, Horizon and PSVR have been eating up my gaming time!

The visuals in this are just incredible, I was mighty impressed with Horizon but I think the ND tech is better, the sense of depth and scale on some of the later levels is astounding. I'm excited to see how they will improve on this for TLoU 2.

My gripes are mainly with some of the combat, at times it's great free flowing and exciting but at other times it's stuck in the last gen with enemies that pop up every few seconds waiting to be shot enough times. I appreciated the exploration and larger areas to look around but at times the climbing / swinging outstayed it's welcome.

On the whole though a great game and a real tech showcase.
  • cowell 13 Aug 2018 11:49:36 1,990 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Very much late to the party on this. My first visit to the series.

My gawd its a stunner isn't it?! And I am only on a base PS4.

Been ages since I've played a non-open world single player story game that I can just jump in and have some popcorn action fun. Breathtaking
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Aug 2018 14:01:19 24,917 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @cowell
    :) It is rather good. The mp modes are also fun.
  • cowell 13 Aug 2018 14:17:19 1,990 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    IF I ever reinstate my PSN sub I shall have a look :)
  • ChiefGB 16 Aug 2018 08:50:06 11,345 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Longer!!!! Oh Christ no, my criticism of the game was that it was way too drawn out. About 20% longer than it needed to be.
  • dominalien 16 Aug 2018 09:14:17 9,233 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been stuck on the same fight on Crushing for something like a year now. I go back to try again every now and then and give up in disgust after a 100 tries or so. I don't think I'll be getting the Plat on this one.
  • X201 16 Aug 2018 09:27:47 19,332 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Longer!!!! Oh Christ no, my criticism of the game was that it was way too drawn out. About 20% longer than it needed to be.
    Agreed.
    The Scotland section was far too long, as was the final location build up.

The game had contracted a severe case of boxset-itis; 26 episodes where nothing much happens and the core story could have really been over and done with inside of 6

Edited by X201 at 09:30:35 16-08-2018
  • chessboxer 16 Aug 2018 13:50:46 342 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    I've been stuck on the same fight on Crushing for something like a year now. I go back to try again every now and then and give up in disgust after a 100 tries or so. I don't think I'll be getting the Plat on this one.
    Uncharted 4 is fairly easy on Crushing. The Lost Legacy on Crushing is a whole other matter.
  • dominalien 16 Aug 2018 14:01:04 9,233 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    chessboxer wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    Uncharted 4 is fairly easy on Crushing. The Lost Legacy on Crushing is a whole other matter.
    Thank you for making me feel incompetent.
  • cowell 16 Aug 2018 14:21:27 1,990 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LOL I'm quite happy pottering through the game on standard, basically only dying when I don't know where I am supposed to jump to
  • Derblington 16 Aug 2018 15:06:54 31,903 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    chessboxer wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    I didn't think LL was that difficult either. All the titles have a couple of difficulty spikes in places but nothing that takes more than a few tries.
  • chessboxer 23 Aug 2018 12:26:41 342 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    chessboxer wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    I didn't think LL was that difficult either. All the titles have a couple of difficulty spikes in places but nothing that takes more than a few tries.
    I'm doing Lost Legacy on Crushing first playthrough (so no cheats activated) and I'm in the cave area where you first encounter the heavy breathing grabbers. Ammo is sparse and enemies appear on both levels. Many enemies wear helmets so require 2 head shots to kill and those heavy breathers are almost as tough as the armoured dudes. I haven't played it for several weeks but I thought that part is particularly hard.
  • MrWonderstuff 30 Sep 2018 23:00:42 2,989 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Going to start this soon. What level should I go for?
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Oct 2018 07:28:30 24,917 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @MrWonderstuff
    I Played it on the "normal" aka 40 + year old who is getting shitter at games the older he gets" mode.
    Also you want to take it all in and not have to repeat sections over and over. Conversely I think normal is just challenging enough that it is not a cake walk. The Uncharted series is notorious for bullet sponge enemies, luckily it is also famous for graphics and set pieces, 4 is no exception and it is brilliant, for the most part.
    As a side you have less than 24 hours before the new AC is out, better get a wriggle on.
    ;)
  • MrWonderstuff 1 Oct 2018 09:41:20 2,989 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Cheers matey, normal it is (it's the big 50 next year so my reactions are not what they used to be either). I know AC is out soon but a) I haven't even played Oranges 2) By the time I finish U4, Red Dead will probably be out ;-). If I have time I might get Oranges then the new AC sometime after.
  • X201 1 Oct 2018 09:56:30 19,332 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    MrWonderstuff don't click this, it contains a comment about a certain part of the game - best if you experience it clean.

DUFFMAN5 wrote:

As a side you have less than 24 hours before the new AC is out, better get a wriggle on.
    ;)
    It will take him that long to get through the bloody Scottish section
  • cowell 5 Oct 2018 10:58:16 1,990 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally finished this up last night. What a game! Surprises and new mechanics kept coming right to the end.

Not a massive fan of the shooty shooty parts, but still a brillant, fun game.
  • JamboWayOh 5 Oct 2018 11:39:06 14,754 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Out of all the Drake Uncharted games this is my favourite, the List Legacy is my favourite due to its smaller condensed running time. As much as I love the series 4 did run for far too long.
  • Dougs 5 Oct 2018 14:05:45 90,249 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ah man, I really need to get back into this. I'm about 2/3 of the way through, really good stuff. Would be better without the pew pew bits mind. They are dull and samey
  • ZuluHero 5 Oct 2018 14:09:01 7,534 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    While I loved the core game, Lost Legacy was better for me too. Uncharted 4, while amazing) is just a bit too long. Lost Legacy gets a similar story in half the chapters, and is better paced for it as well.
  • cowell 5 Oct 2018 14:17:07 1,990 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I wouldn't object to a bit more, so I'll probably pick Lost Legacy up at some point
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 5 Oct 2018 14:21:29 20,733 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's cheap on PSN at the moment. I'm pretty tempted myself but got bored with UC4 about halfway through. There's something about the mechanics in these that really doesn't do it for me.
  • Derblington 5 Oct 2018 14:42:43 31,903 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Lost Legacy is very good. Other than the starting level it all takes place in one location, so you get a bit more immersed in the setting. Characters are still fantastic, and while it obviously plays like UC4, the smaller size and less globe-hoping make it feel like a more streamlined experience.
  • Phattso 5 Oct 2018 14:57:24 24,823 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Lost Legacy, for me, was pretty much the best Uncharted game of them all. Which is to say it did the fewest things to piss me off. :D

I look back on my playthrough very fondly.
  • Bichii 5 Oct 2018 15:18:40 1,903 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Decks it's great. It's uc4 but with all the fat cut off.
  • MrWonderstuff 5 Oct 2018 22:12:54 2,989 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    About two thirds into U4 and am having a great time. Will get LL if I have time before Red Dead.
  • Roddy100 6 Oct 2018 01:15:16 1,015 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Loved Uncharted 4. Don't really understand the complaints that it was too long and bloated. It was all killer, no filler for me. I didn't want it to end.

Lost Legacy is amazing also. Probably my two favourite single player experiences on PS4.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.