Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Page 3

• Deleted user 27 November 2014 16:41:29
    Isn't about time for some new Uncharted 4 news?

I own all of 2 games for my PS4 - P.T. and Alien

Current wants list looks something like:

Uncharted 4
    Gran Turismo 7
    Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain
    Silent Hills

Might check out Advanced Warfare at some point. Undecided.
    Re releases of PS3 games don't interest me.

Not sure what else there is on the PS4 horizon
  • Deleted user 27 November 2014 16:44:12
    Blooadbourne! The Witcher 3! Batman Arkham Knight!

What about the new Geometry Wars?
  • Deleted user 27 November 2014 16:53:17
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Blooadbourne! The Witcher 3! Batman Arkham Knight!

What about the new Geometry Wars?
    I picked up the 2nd Batman game on PS3, and while the characters looked good, I found game play somewhat dull.

The Witcher 3 - The theme don't grab me.

Geometry Wars looks like fun.

Half tempted by Far Cry 4 or Far Cry 3 for the PS3
  • Mike1980 27 Nov 2014 16:57:31 531 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you want MGS V, why not get Ground Zeroes while it's on sale? (assuming it still is)
  • waggy79 27 Nov 2014 17:03:45 1,968 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well there's also The Order 1886, Res Rev 2 and Project Cars. Not sure when Rainbow Six Seige is out. I just want Just Cause 3 personally.
  • Deleted user 27 November 2014 17:05:12
    Far Cry 3 is a great game but runs like a complete dog on PS3 (and 360). Far Cry on Ps4 is rather lovely. What about Dragon Age Inquisition? There's a lot of positive feedback about it on the forum.

I second picking up Ground Zeroes - I don't even like MGS and thought it was brilliant.
  • Deleted user 27 November 2014 20:29:14
    Mike1980 wrote:
    If you want MGS V, why not get Ground Zeroes while it's on sale? (assuming it still is)
    Yeah I was thinking about it. Is it good, really good?
  • Telepathic.Geometry 28 Nov 2014 06:23:30 12,422 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @takosuke: RESOGUN! and Shadow of Mordor, you just can't go wrong.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 28 Nov 2014 06:24:16 12,422 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Actually, I really rate Wolfenstein too, but it seems to be a marmite game.
  • Cartho 30 Nov 2014 09:55:46 422 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    takosuke wrote:
    Mike1980 wrote:
    Yeah I was thinking about it. Is it good, really good?
    Yes. It's short, but one of the best third person stealth games I've played.

The range of options is mind boggling and the tools at your disposal are brilliant. Ignore the fact that you can blast through the main GZ story mission extremely fast if you speed run. Take your time and explore the base - it's one of the most satisfying stealth games I've played and it controls brilliantly. Gone are the stupid pressure sensitive controls that we had in Snake eater - where lightly holding square would perform a non lethal kill but pressing the button harder would do a noisy lethal knife kill. That was moronic because it made even the slightest twitch potentially fatal.

Now however, the controls have been sorted and, at 60 FPS, it feels joyous.
  • Syrette 30 Nov 2014 10:03:16 50,224 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ground Zeroes divides opinions.... I'm certainly glad I didn't buy it, but I can understand why people think it's good value for money. On any level, it's decent, but you need to ask yourself if you're likely to replay it over and over again.
  • Syrette 30 Nov 2014 10:04:24 50,224 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Actually, I really rate Wolfenstein too, but it seems to be a marmite game.
    I think Shadow of Mordor is too, tbh...
  • CharlieStCloud 30 Nov 2014 14:10:19 5,812 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought there was some new news regarding Uncharted 4 since this thread was bumped, but we seem to be talking about game recommendations all of a sudden.

: (

If I could chip in, the most recent third party games such as Alien: Isolation, The Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor are indeed quite marmite and has diverse opinions ... there's no real like/love it only camp for any of those three games, but something like Resogun is definitely brilliant. I don't think I know anybody who doesn't like that game.

*cue someone who doesn't like Resogun*
  • MatMan562 30 Nov 2014 14:16:30 3,467 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What's the likelihood of Sony showing a new trailer for this at the Game Awards on Friday? I'm interested to see what actual gameplay is going to look like.
  • hal_inc 30 Nov 2014 17:42:40 189 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud

Pretty serious rumor we'll be seeing something in a week http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=942178
  • Cartho 30 Nov 2014 21:28:18 422 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I want actual gameplay. With an actual UI and HUD so I know it isn't mocked up!

Please let it be like that teaser trailer. Please let it be like that teaser trailer. Please let it be like that teaser trailer.
  • Zomoniac 5 Dec 2014 12:58:04 10,019 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Tak0suke wrote:
    On the subject of re releasing games in HD, while I'm not in favour of it, Uncharted 2 just might be worth playing again. I do wonder how many people who owned GTA V on PS3 paid for it a 2nd time for the PS4 ?
    I did. I also bought TLoU Remastered, God of War Collections, Ico HD, Halo MCC and will be getting Saints Row IV on PS4. If I enjoy a game enough why wouldn't I buy a better version? Or are you not in favour of any film that was released on VHS coming out on DVD or Blu-Ray?
  • CharlieStCloud 6 Dec 2014 00:00:07 5,812 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Zomoniac

I think it is more to do with the fact that these HD remaster's are coming out less than a year since the original game, such as Grand Theft Auto V, The Last of Us, Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider (reboot) to name but a few. Surely you would prefer a brand new game, whether it is a new IP or a sequel, than a slightly tarted up version of a year old game, no?

The film anthology is a different subject altogether and not necessarily (fairly) comparable.

Anyways, I only popped in here to say that we will definitely be seeing something Uncharted 4 related at the PlayStation experience tomorrow and that that it is worth going crazy over ... because it is going to blow everybody's minds.

I am excited!

(^_^)
  • AgentDaleCooper 6 Dec 2014 00:08:34 1,324 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Uncharted 3 was forgettable anyway. Big disappointment after the amazing second game.
  • karlo87 6 Dec 2014 01:23:49 1,859 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    UC2 set the bar unattainably high but in no way was 3 forgettable imo. Solid game that just had the misfortune of following on from one of the best games of last gen.

One of the ND developers just tweeted a video about how good the UC2 gameplay reveal at E3 was... I'd take that as a little hint about what to expect tomorrow.
  • JYM60 6 Dec 2014 10:20:32 17,676 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The UC2 E3 presentation blew me away. As did the whole game! UC3 was still good though. Really liked the story, and some of the scenes/graphics were amazing.
  • SomaticSense 6 Dec 2014 14:02:15 15,062 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I felt like UC3 had all the superfluous stuff that elevated UC2 above the norm, but had annoying and frustrating 2005-era level design and agonisingly cliched enemy variation.

Edited by SomaticSense at 14:07:42 06-12-2014
  • Derblington 6 Dec 2014 14:10:33 31,611 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I don't remember it being any different to 2, especially in enemy variety. The problem was that it was essentially "just" rolling the same formula of two and didn't have the impact. The final location was basically a copy, unfortunately, and suffered for it, mores as it's the last impression.

It retained the amazing set-pieces, acting and story, and the character development was, as usual, incredible. It feels like stepping directly into the lives of the people, and catching up on the things you've missed while you've been away. ND's story telling is just so good.

I think 3 gets a lot of unfair criticism overall. It's not as good as the 2nd game but it's still a very, very good action adventure game with more skill and polish than almost the entire rest of the industry output.
  • Derblington 6 Dec 2014 14:14:07 31,611 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ah, I just watched the ship section from 3 on youtube.... I can't wait for 4!!
  • RedPanda87 6 Dec 2014 14:17:35 1,885 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I thought the storytelling in 3 was pretty weak actually and for the most part I didn't like the set pieces or level design as much. It was a stronger game than the first one, but nothing on 2 imo.
  • SomaticSense 6 Dec 2014 14:21:29 15,062 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah, fair enough. I know I wasn't hugely in the mood for UC3 at the time, so that in conjunction with it's similarity to the UC2 probably explains my ambivalence towards it. I do remember getting really frustrated at some of the enemy spawns and the proliferation of (ngh) body armoured bullet sponges which is a real pet hate of mine.

It's why I'm looking forward to a possible PS4 remaster of the trilogy. I wouldn't mind experiencing it with fresher eyes.
  • Deleted user 6 December 2014 14:24:54
    Derblington wrote:
    Ah, I just watched the ship section from 3 on youtube.... I can't wait for 4!!
    Yeeessss... the whole sequence from the shipyard to the sinking is possibly my highlight of the trilogy, love it (Uncharted 2 is still king though).
  • Deleted user 6 December 2014 14:54:23
    UC3 > UC2

I know you, you know it.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.