Playstation Vita Page 270

• Flying_Pig 29 Dec 2017 23:14:37 15,750 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    grounded_dreams wrote:
    Looking for a new game suggestion/recommendation if possible.
    I'm into Rogue Like, Action, Platformers style games like:

Spelunky, Nuclear Throne, Rogue Legacy, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Super Stardust Delta, Dragons Crown, Risk of Rain Darkest Dungeon, Terraria, Hotline Miami 1&2, Resogun.

Tried Xenon Valkyrie + the other day but couldn't get into it.
    Might pick up Papers, Pleas, not sure yet.

Anything people can recommend would be great :)
    Based on your list I'd recommend Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (currently discounted on PSN), Skyforce Anniversary and Velocity 2X. Lots of people also rate Salt & Sanctuary, but I found it too hard...

And I loved Super Time Force Ultra (very similar vibe to Risk of Rain), but I think I'm in the minority on that one...
  • grounded_dreams 30 Dec 2017 10:19:27 78 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Flying_Pig

Thanks for the response, I'll have a look into Odin. Already have Velocity 2X, didn't add it to my list as I played it on the PS4 when it came out. Have Salt & Sanctuary, only put a few hours into it, seems like a steep learning curve so far :)

Wondered if you would recommend either of the following games?
    Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII - Lacrimosa of Dana
    There were number 3 and 1 respectively in a decent Youtuber (2 old 4 gaming) whos channel is about Vita games and I've not heard of them.
    Can see his latest video here.

Not sure if they are too heavy for me or not, are they like Freedom Wars, quite liked that.
  • Flying_Pig 30 Dec 2017 20:04:26 15,750 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    grounded_dreams wrote:
    @Flying_Pig

Thanks for the response, I'll have a look into Odin. Already have Velocity 2X, didn't add it to my list as I played it on the PS4 when it came out. Have Salt & Sanctuary, only put a few hours into it, seems like a steep learning curve so far :)

Wondered if you would recommend either of the following games?
    Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII - Lacrimosa of Dana
    There were number 3 and 1 respectively in a decent Youtuber (2 old 4 gaming) whos channel is about Vita games and I've not heard of them.
    Can see his latest video here.

Not sure if they are too heavy for me or not, are they like Freedom Wars, quite liked that.
    Sorry - not played either of them...
  • grounded_dreams 31 Dec 2017 10:31:25 78 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    OK no worries.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 1 Jan 2018 00:50:14 2,982 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I really enjoyed Tokyo Xanadu. The translation could have done with another pass bit the game was really good. Well worth a playthrough if you like action RPGs (3 characters at once, hot switchable) with intermissions of character building (a lot simpler than the later Persona games but that gives you an idea). Story was decent enough, looked pretty and had good music too. You basically have town segments (interacting with characters) and dungeon segments (where you fight), I wouldn't say it is like Freedom Wars though (although I didn't play that very far). It is fairly easy on normal so no grinding required if you don't want to and has a higher difficulty ready from the start too IIRC.

Not really tried Ys VIII yet as waiting for updated translation that is due soon.
  • Flying_Pig 8 Jan 2018 13:29:24 15,750 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Afternoon fellow Vita-fans - I trust you all had a super Christmas and NY. Today is my first day back at work (Boooo!), but it does mean I'm back playing on my Vita every day (Yay!)

I'm currently playing Demetrios (about 2/3rds of the way though) then will go for Psycho Pass: Mandatory Happiness. I've also got Chaos;Child arriving today \o/

Thinking about it, 2018 will probably be the year I 'switch' to a new handheld console, so thinking about my backlog and games I still really want to play (when they're released), I'll be focusing on:
    - Persona 4 Golden
    - Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2
    - 999 (The Nonary Games)
    - Ratchet & Clank 2 & 3
    - God of War Collection
    - Stardew Valley
    - Cosmic Star Heroine

That'll probably see me through the whole of 2018!!
  • Humperfunk 8 Jan 2018 13:36:51 7,468 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Haha yeah some very very big games in there!

I've just "completed" My Name is Mayo...almost feel a bit dirty.

Next up, back to Chaos;Child I think :)
  • dominalien 8 Jan 2018 13:48:16 8,497 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have a couple of these games myself on my backlog. Going through 999 right now myself, I love it so much.

I'm hoping to get through Persona 4 this year as well, if only to get started on P5. :-)
  • Humperfunk 8 Jan 2018 13:49:41 7,468 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I picked up Trails of Cold Steel 2 in the January sale actually for £6.50 or whatever it was, so really need to finish the first one that I got at launch for full price but put down after 10 hours or so.
  • Ror 8 Jan 2018 13:56:13 17,357 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have both of the Cold Steel games and still haven't finished TitS 1 /o\ I still have a ton of unplayed stuff on the Vita, but I do want to get hold of a copy of Psycho Pass and Chaos;Child myself.

I am hoping the traditionally Vita-focused stuff moves over to the Switch at some point, but there are still games heading to the little handheld that could, including the new Persona dancing games on the horizon.
  • dominalien 8 Jan 2018 14:01:32 8,497 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, I hope the games keep coming, I like the Switch as much as anyone, but it's just that much larger and I find myself having the Vita with me where I'd never take the Switch.
  • FrostPan 8 Jan 2018 16:44:31 1,453 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TitS is not coming back on PSN at all I guess :(

Would have loved playing it on PSTV. Guess I have to eventually settle with the Steam version then.

Also, still need to get around in playing Ultra Despair Girls.
  • dominalien 8 Jan 2018 18:29:40 8,497 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tits is gone? So glad I got it now.

They have been known to bring back games they’d had to remove, so perhaps it’ll come back eventually.
  • Flying_Pig 9 Jan 2018 10:34:59 15,750 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    I picked up Trails of Cold Steel 2 in the January sale actually for £6.50 or whatever it was, so really need to finish the first one that I got at launch for full price but put down after 10 hours or so.
    I've got physical copies of both ToCS 1 and 2, which I bought on launch. Not played either of them :)

Chaos;Child arrived yesterday \o/
  • Flying_Pig 10 Jan 2018 09:07:38 15,750 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Demetrios done (not great - I wouldn't recommend it), and I started Psycho-Pass this morning - it's a but of a slow start...
  • Kangoo 10 Jan 2018 09:36:24 1,220 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Demetrios done (not great - I wouldn't recommend it), and I started Psycho-Pass this morning - it's a but of a slow start...
    I played a few hours last tear and there is an interesting theme to the story but it is definitely a slow burner.

Been put in the go back to pile but never felt the urge to go back yet
  • Humperfunk 10 Jan 2018 11:00:26 7,468 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kangoo wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    I played a few hours last tear and there is an interesting theme to the story but it is definitely a slow burner.

Same here - put in about 10-15 hours and literally couldn't tell what was going on as it felt soooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Huge shame as the there is an excellent concept in there. Will try again one day, will probably start at the beginning again as think it's been about 18 months since I played.
  • Flying_Pig 10 Jan 2018 21:54:31 15,750 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Kangoo wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:

Same here - put in about 10-15 hours and literally couldn't tell what was going on as it felt soooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Huge shame as the there is an excellent concept in there. Will try again one day, will probably start at the beginning again as think it's been about 18 months since I played.
    Sooo sllloooooowwwww. And if it's not going to improve, I actually might ditch this already and get 2064:ROM instead :/

The pace is so turgid that it actually obscures what is potentially a decent story.

Such a shame, as I was quite looking forward to playing this.
  • Humperfunk 10 Jan 2018 22:57:00 7,468 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    From memory, I think someone said you should watch the anime before the game as the game pretty much assumes you have and picks up from that I think? Which is why I dropped it pretty much.

Chaos;Child is another option for you of course mate!
  • Ror 10 Jan 2018 23:37:11 17,357 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was checking out reviews of the Psycho Pass game a while back and couldn't seem to find anyone with a positive comment for it. I just finished the first season of the show the other day though, so I'm back to being curious.
  • Ror 10 Jan 2018 23:37:46 17,357 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I guess you could say I'm currently Psy-curious.
  • Barrel_Trollz 11 Jan 2018 03:28:23 761 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You all better get to playing Cold Steel soon; seriously a modern classic JRPG. I'm aching for the third game.
  • Humperfunk 11 Jan 2018 07:37:50 7,468 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I may go back to it after Chaos;Child (whilst still playing bits of Papers, Please of course), really do need to.

Saw a few weeks/months ago another visual novel called Bad Apple Wars came out, which reviews praised for it's premise and seemed like a good purchase when it was in the January Sale - although looking at the trophies I didn't realise it's another one with "romantic" paths as it doesn't touch on that at all in the reviews! I appreciate that Steins;Gate has them to an extent, but wasn't over bearing in the slightest so I'm a bit peeved if this has it heavily, as I don't really give much of a shit about that and prefer a big, epic story.

Will be ages until I actually get round to playing it so will post impressions when I do of course :)
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 11 Jan 2018 10:30:58 2,982 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Barrel_Trollz still Finished ng off TITS2nd then I can consider starting CS ;)

@Humperfunk I passed on Bad Apple Wars, didn't sound as interesting as Code Realize (finished and enjoyed) or Collar X Malice (not started yet but hope to start soonish) as I bought and haven't touched Norn 9 so being a lot more selective in the genre now. And I prefer the less romancey inclined games in the Otomate stuff ronly played Hakuoki a little and finished Sweet Fuse and CR which were fine). Have to look carefully into their 2018 releases as I imagine numbers will be low...
  • FrostPan 11 Jan 2018 20:32:30 1,453 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Ror

Hasn't it been over a year since you completed the first Danganronpa?
    I think it's time for you to get around in playing the second one ;)
    Even better than the first imo.
  • Ror 11 Jan 2018 21:12:07 17,357 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @FrostPan It's next in line when I (finally!) finish P4G.
  • FrostPan 11 Jan 2018 21:40:40 1,453 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Ror

Chie will be pleased.
  • Ror 11 Jan 2018 23:33:19 17,357 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @FrostPan I have now picked best girl twice.
  • Flying_Pig 12 Jan 2018 13:23:34 15,750 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm enjoying 2064:Read Only Memories - it's got elements of both Visual Novels and point 'n' click adventures, but I'm assuming it'll be a fair bit shorter. Indeed, it reminds me slightly of Beneath a Steel Sky....

Far better than Psycho Pass, which is well and truly binned!
  • Roddy100 12 Jan 2018 23:16:28 976 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I decided to pick up Papers, Please. I had never played it before but it's excellent! Works beautifully on Vita!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.