Playstation Vita Page 273

• Flying_Pig 19 Feb 2018 10:21:31 15,830 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    God of War finished \o/

I have tried to my Touch My Katamari a few times, but it's crashed at different points every time I've played it (I had to do the tutorial twice). I'll give it another go, but don't have the patience for that...

I have also (finally) started Chaos;Child - good start so far :)
  • Humperfunk 19 Feb 2018 10:23:42 7,613 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm on chapter 5 or 6 of Chaos;Child, about five months after it came out :(

It's very good, but I've really struggled to make any time for it - commute is really short (which is good of course) and then I find all my time at home is playing the "home" consoles. Going New York in a couple of weeks though so should be able to give it some proper time then on the flight!
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 19 Feb 2018 10:42:11 3,065 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I get my VN games as bedtime games. Got me through a fair bunch of them, albeit not always at a high speed. I enjoyed Chaos;Child though. Not too sure about the currebtly announced Pqube Vita VN releases but I will check them out closer to release. Muv Luv is supposed to be really good with a slow (but apparently necessary) start. The other I think is Song of Memories which IIRC isn't even out in Japan yet so a similar release situation to Root Letter...

Edit - I am hoping for Occultic;Nine at the end of the year. Not checked out Japanese reviews yet though. I wouldn't be surprised to see Steins;Gate Elite but not sure if they would rerelease on Vita...

Edit 2 - Song of Memories is Switch and PS4, not Vita, my mistake... Muv Luv is expected to be a small run though if you are a physical buyer. At least Pqube are still releasing Vita physical here (as are IFI, not sure who else though (ignoring the Limited Run type stuff)) unlike NISA who are letting us down after being one of the main 'big' companies for the last few years.

Edited by One_Vurfed_Gwrx at 11:33:16 19-02-2018
  • grounded_dreams 20 Feb 2018 07:27:57 81 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Deadbolt is now on the PSN store priced at £7.99
  • BearFishPie 20 Feb 2018 07:35:02 543 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Flying_Pig I never experienced any crashes with Touch My Katamari. Perhaps itís a dodgy install (assuming you went digital)? I had loads of issues with Persona 4 Dancing being unstable and effectively unplayable about a year back, which went away after either a delete and re-download or reformatting the memory card (I forget which now).
  • Flying_Pig 20 Feb 2018 14:00:39 15,830 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    grounded_dreams wrote:
    Deadbolt is now on the PSN store priced at £7.99
    Tempted by this, but I've just started Chaos;Child... Good price, though.

I'd be keen to hear peoples' thoughts on the game

In terms of Touch My Katamari - deleting it and downloading again might be the solution. It does seem that if games sit on the card for an extended period of time, they start to get issues. I've had problems with games refusing to start, but nothing quite like the issues I'm having with Katamari...
  • grounded_dreams 3 Mar 2018 10:52:39 81 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Been playing Steamworld Dig atm and loving it. Think its quite a short game, so was looking in purchasing the sequel but saw its £15.99, seems steep. Had a look at psprices site and it hasn't dropped in price nor been in a sale.

Anyone played this and the first one, how do they compare, worth that amount for the sequel when I assume its a short game to.
  • waggy79 3 Mar 2018 11:02:39 1,868 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The sequel is more fleshed out and quite a bit longer. Think the lowest its been is 11.99 (though on switch) and i'd say its worth that.

Edited by waggy79 at 11:03:26 03-03-2018
  • grounded_dreams 3 Mar 2018 12:52:14 81 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thanks, I'll grab it once I've finished the first one :)
    Anyone played the Steamworld Heist game? Seems turned based, but can't work out how heavy it is, not a massive fan of the genre but reviews have been great and seems like it might be player friendly.
    Plus it is in the sale atm.
  • markytonline83 3 Mar 2018 13:32:52 870 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Deadbolt comes recommended from me. Like a side on Hotline Miami, think I actually prefer it to HM. Really satisfying to clear a building without being detected. And it has that 'just one more go' thing going for it
  • kostasfil 3 Mar 2018 16:07:29 25 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    grounded_dreams wrote:
    Anyone played the Steamworld Heist game? Seems turned based, but can't work out how heavy it is, not a massive fan of the genre but reviews have been great and seems like it might be player friendly.
    Itís good but slow. Really slow. Because everything happens in turns, Itís like playing a side-scrolling advance wars. And everything happens in turns. So when you have to enter an enemy spaceship, kill all the enemies and exit the spaceship, it takes sometime and many many turns, especially since you use many characters. So itís a good turn based tactics/strategy game. But itís slow. So you decide.
    Hope i helped.
  • grounded_dreams 3 Mar 2018 16:11:15 81 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kostasfil wrote:
    grounded_dreams wrote:
    Itís good but slow. Really slow. Because everything happens in turns, Itís like playing a side-scrolling advance wars. And everything happens in turns. So when you have to enter an enemy spaceship, kill all the enemies and exit the spaceship, it takes sometime and many many turns, especially since you use many characters. So itís a good turn based tactics/strategy game. But itís slow. So you decide.
    Hope i helped.
    Yes, explained it perfectly to understand, cheers :)
  • Flying_Pig 3 Mar 2018 17:21:09 15,830 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Both Steamnworld Dig 2 and Steamworld Heist are excellent and well worth the asking price. Dig 2 is much more fleshed out and refined that the original and matches the Heist aesthetic.

Both highly recommended
  • FanBoysSuck 3 Mar 2018 22:31:29 1,640 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    grounded_dreams wrote:
    I thought it was fantastic, probably one of the most creative turn-based systems I've come across. It's quite fast-paced considering the genre.
  • Roddy100 4 Mar 2018 04:54:10 986 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I thoroughly enjoyed both Dig and Heist but Dig 2 does seem a little pricey. As soon as it's on sale I'll be snapping it up without hesitation.
  • grounded_dreams 4 Mar 2018 07:46:27 81 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Think I'll get Heist as it's in the sale atm and maybe get Dig 2 later. Cheers everyone.

@Roddy100 - according to PSprices, Dig2 hasn't dropped in price nor been in any sales, on the PSN store since it came out :/

Edited by grounded_dreams at 07:46:57 04-03-2018
  • Flying_Pig 4 Mar 2018 09:13:15 15,830 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    grounded_dreams wrote:
    Think I'll get Heist as it's in the sale atm and maybe get Dig 2 later. Cheers everyone.

@Roddy100 - according to PSprices, Dig2 hasn't dropped in price nor been in any sales, on the PSN store since it came out :/
    Yeah, but in fairness, Dig 2 hasn't been out that long...
  • waggy79 4 Mar 2018 09:19:15 1,868 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Its been on sale on steam and switch so i dont think youll have too long to wait..
  • Roddy100 4 Mar 2018 17:40:24 986 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That PSprices website is so handy - I didn't know it existed!
  • Flying_Pig 13 Mar 2018 21:08:35 15,830 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My EU version of The Nonary Games arrived today \o/

I'll finally play 999 once I've finished Chaos;Child (just started chapter 8)
  • Humperfunk 14 Mar 2018 00:49:26 7,613 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Flying_Pig you've overtaken me, I started chapter 7 this evening...! Only been playing since launch.

Enjoy 999, it's fucking great.
  • FatSternKikwi 14 Mar 2018 01:33:07 1,651 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thinking of starting Stein Gate. As good as they say?
  • Humperfunk 14 Mar 2018 01:45:37 7,613 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @FatSternKikwi essential, get on it!
  • KnuttinAtoll 14 Mar 2018 10:26:07 5,612 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Playing Steins;Gate at the moment. Have to say at the beginning it didn't really click, and even now (chapter 5) the pace is still glacial, but it feels like the story is picking up. This is after about 15-20 hours in (maybe i'm a slow reader although I don't skip the spoken word as it can be quite amusing, even though I don't speak Japanese).

Any idea (without spoilers obvs) how much longer it takes for something truly significant to happen? There were a few "aha!" moments here and there already, but there's still a lot of exposure in painstaking detail.

Having said that I already feel that I find it hard to put down now so I would recommend it even based on my limited experience.
  • RyanDS 14 Mar 2018 13:00:48 11,831 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    First ending. Any one.

At that point you will be hooked until the second you platinum it.

Man I wish I could replay that game again blind. Where is the MIB memory wipe when you want it?
  • KnuttinAtoll 14 Mar 2018 13:04:57 5,612 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know there's several endings but... I read elsewhere that something substantial happens during chapter 6, from which point on the pace and tone changes a lot.

Maybe it's best if I don't ask more questions actually:) Don't want to spoil any possible surprises coming my way.
  • KnuttinAtoll 14 Mar 2018 13:08:12 5,612 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And yes I know where you're coming from - felt that way with P4G, just an absolute dream to complete, start to finish, and despite it being a massive game (took me 80-90 hours all in) I haven't touched all aspects and also miss the setting, characters, everything. Second playthrough is in order after S;G I reckon.
  • dominalien 14 Mar 2018 13:21:39 8,575 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, you'll get a random ending the first time you play. It'll probably not be very satisfying. You can't really consider the game completed until you've seen them all and it's really not that much time with the FF function.
  • KnuttinAtoll 14 Mar 2018 13:26:34 5,612 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Right - the one thing that confuses me often is how am I supposed to tell what type of response I'm giving to those random emails? While I can see them when I click on whatever option, there doesn't seem to be a way to go back. Half the time I'm just guessing as there's not enough context (and then there's Rintaru's mentalness to contend with).
  • RyanDS 14 Mar 2018 13:29:47 11,831 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Right - the one thing that confuses me often is how am I supposed to tell what type of response I'm giving to those random emails? While I can see them when I click on whatever option, there doesn't seem to be a way to go back. Half the time I'm just guessing as there's not enough context (and then there's Rintaru's mentalness to contend with).
    Just do random. Honestly even with a guide it makes no sense what actions have what outcomes.

Finish it, then get the flowchart that is floating around and work towards the other endings.

I think every ending from memory is good though. With some being some of the most tear jerking and emotive scenes in gaming history.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.