Playstation Vita Page 274

• KnuttinAtoll 14 Mar 2018 13:41:28 5,835 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Right - the one thing that confuses me often is how am I supposed to tell what type of response I'm giving to those random emails? While I can see them when I click on whatever option, there doesn't seem to be a way to go back. Half the time I'm just guessing as there's not enough context (and then there's Rintaru's mentalness to contend with).
    Just do random. Honestly even with a guide it makes no sense what actions have what outcomes.

Finish it, then get the flowchart that is floating around and work towards the other endings.

I think every ending from memory is good though. With some being some of the most tear jerking and emotive scenes in gaming history.
    Yeah that's what I've been resigned to do now (playing a meta game where I pick a response only to guess if I'm even remotely close to what the message is gonna say).

The characters (even Rintaru) have grown on me quite a lot, so I guess that's due to the slow build up. Dreading already to see what'll happen to them!
  • Flying_Pig 14 Mar 2018 14:24:18 15,863 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    FatSternKikwi wrote:
    Thinking of starting Stein Gate. As good as they say?
    Damn straight, Superb game! Get on it!

Chaos;Child is good too :)
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 14 Mar 2018 14:56:00 3,128 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The text messages only matter for the true ending. Once you have one ending you should be able to easily figure out how to get every one until the true one. (Or did the SMS unlock the ending before the true one that then unlocked the true automatically... It has been a while)

So safe to go blind for most of it.
  • BearFishPie 14 Mar 2018 16:28:12 558 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @FatSternKikwi Just to add to the noise, Steins Gate is utterly superb, and provided you give it the time to develop is quite possibly gaming’s best and most engaging story.
  • greenmekon 14 Mar 2018 17:25:07 467 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    FatSternKikwi wrote:
    Thinking of starting Stein Gate. As good as they say?
    Damn straight, Superb game! Get on it!

Chaos;Child is good too :)
    I second that as well, it is a great game.
  • FatSternKikwi 14 Mar 2018 17:28:05 1,655 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @BearFishPie I will give it my full attention, worry not!
  • Flying_Pig 14 Mar 2018 20:17:52 15,863 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wow - chapter 8 of Chaos;Child - OMG!
  • RyanDS 14 Mar 2018 21:00:30 11,906 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Wait until the true ending.

Unlike steins gate I thought some endings were mediocre and filler. But fuck me it was worth it all for the very end.
  • Humperfunk 14 Mar 2018 21:02:56 7,712 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Right I really do need to crack on with this.
  • Flying_Pig 15 Mar 2018 11:36:54 15,863 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    The end of chapter 8 is something else - takes the whole story to another level. I'm not sure I've even seen anything like it in a game before either!!

Fortunately chapter 9 is a tiny bit calmer... I don't know how far off my first ending I am, but everything now seems to be pushing towards a conclusion over the next few (in game) days...
  • Humperfunk 16 Mar 2018 00:20:10 7,712 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, I piled through the entirety of chapter 7 in one go and yep, that was great! Now to decide if I should plough on considering the time, although with that ending I think I might have to...
  • Humperfunk 16 Mar 2018 12:03:59 7,712 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    The end of chapter 8 is something else - takes the whole story to another level. I'm not sure I've even seen anything like it in a game before either!!

Fortunately chapter 9 is a tiny bit calmer... I don't know how far off my first ending I am, but everything now seems to be pushing towards a conclusion over the next few (in game) days...
    My word. Just finished chapter 8...
  • RyanDS 16 Mar 2018 12:52:46 11,906 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hurry up and finish chaps. I desperately want someone to discuss the true ending with
  • Flying_Pig 16 Mar 2018 13:52:34 15,863 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Hurry up and finish chaps. I desperately want someone to discuss the true ending with
    I'm going as fast as I can! I've not reached an ending yet, but have a train journey to Lancaster on Monday, so should get some proper gaming in :)
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 17 Mar 2018 00:45:49 3,128 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I finished it last year and posted in the Steins Gate 0 thread about it :p
  • anti-Shinra 21 Mar 2018 16:08:21 159 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah, currently playing Undertale, not gonna lie, a bit underwhelmed!
  • FatSternKikwi 21 Mar 2018 19:46:51 1,655 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How long does it take to platinum Stein Gate? Just want to know what I've let myself in for.
  • Flying_Pig 21 Mar 2018 21:36:21 15,863 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    FatSternKikwi wrote:
    How long does it take to platinum Stein Gate? Just want to know what I've let myself in for.
    I'd say about 30 hours... well worth the time though!
  • Flying_Pig 21 Mar 2018 21:37:33 15,863 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    anti-Shinra wrote:
    Ah, currently playing Undertale, not gonna lie, a bit underwhelmed!
    Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with Undertale either. I mean, it was OK, but I don't understand why it's so well loved.
  • Ror 21 Mar 2018 22:05:12 17,591 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How's Chaos;Child stack up to Steins;Gate, chums? Still need to nab a copy of that.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 21 Mar 2018 23:25:26 3,128 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Undertale disappointed me too. Maybe one day I will play through it but it isn't a patch on Mother 3...

@Ror I would say it is below SG1 but still a good game if you like SGetc. Much hetter than Chaos;Head if you happen to have played that.
  • Flying_Pig 21 Mar 2018 23:50:18 15,863 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    How's Chaos;Child stack up to Steins;Gate, chums? Still need to nab a copy of that.
    Steins;Gate >>> Chaos;Child >>> Steins;Gate 0

The caveat there is that I haven't actually finished Chaos;Child!
  • Humperfunk 21 Mar 2018 23:59:11 7,712 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    FatSternKikwi wrote:
    I'd say about 30 hours... well worth the time though!
    45 for me but I fucked up a couple of runs by not saving at the right time!

I would say the same as FP, not finished Chaos;Child but so far much more satisfying than SG0.
  • anti-Shinra 22 Mar 2018 06:24:50 159 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    Undertale disappointed me too. Maybe one day I will play through it but it isn't a patch on Mother 3...
    I am really enjoying it, it is funny, charming as heck and the music is awesome. But this game scored a few 10/10's, no way is that justified.

Never heard of Mother 3...
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 22 Mar 2018 13:31:49 3,128 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    anti-Shinra wrote:
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    I am really enjoying it, it is funny, charming as heck and the music is awesome. But this game scored a few 10/10's, no way is that justified.

Never heard of Mother 3...
    Mother 3 was a GBA sequel to Earthbound (which people like to compare Undertale to). Only got fan translated but they did a very good job of it.
  • Ror 23 Mar 2018 19:20:47 17,591 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers all re: the Chaos;Child chat. Will put it on my birthday list for next month :D

Related: Robotics;Notes coming west
  • Humperfunk 23 Mar 2018 20:29:01 7,712 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    Cheers all re: the Chaos;Child chat. Will put it on my birthday list for next month :D

Great stuff! Know nothing about it but more in this series is always welcome.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 23 Mar 2018 21:02:48 3,128 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Ror wrote:

Great stuff! Know nothing about it but more in this series is always welcome.
    Cool. It is supposed to be a bit weaker than SG and CC but should still be decent. If wonder if we will get the Vita version as well as the inevitable PS4/PC port. I was expecting the bext SciAdv game to come from the new arm of SpikeChunsoft but thought Occultic;Nine was more likely. Then again this is getting a sequel soon so makes sense. Wonder if they will use the same translator as SG0 and CC...
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 23 Mar 2018 21:18:13 3,128 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I see they are also releasing Steins;Gate Elite and Zanki Zero, however NOT the Vita versions... SG:E being on PS4, PC and Switch (with Switch getting SG8Bit as a bonus (no idea how it will control as it is a text adventure (with typing) and PS4 getting the Phenogram spinoff), and Zanki only being on PS4 and PC. Also 428 which was previously announced as PS4 and PC only (and is a day one pirchase for me).

This seems to be the year that Vita loses the non Indie physical releases (and digital) with NISA stopping and only Aksys still having confirmed Vita physicals on the way (mostly Otome)
  • Flying_Pig 26 Mar 2018 13:43:08 15,863 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    This seems to be the year that Vita loses the non Indie physical releases (and digital) with NISA stopping and only Aksys still having confirmed Vita physicals on the way (mostly Otome)
    Indeed, but then the Vita is now 6 years old, which is a pretty good run by anyone's standards. It's just a shame that the Vita's successor is really the Switch...

But as appealing as a Switch is, I'm still rocking my Vita daily - currently working on Chaos;Child, but I've also got 999 (The Nonary Games) to play as well as the two Trails of Cold Steel games, plus finishing P4G!

And that's ignoring the likes of Iconoclasts and Deadbolt, which I'm waiting for sales on.

Oh, and I'm still holding out for releases of Stardew Valley, VALL-HALL-A and Cosmic Star Heroine!

:)

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.