Playstation Vita Page 286

• Murbs 16 Dec 2018 08:09:42 24,392 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I hope to play through Zero Time Dilemma, Danganronpa_2 and Steins Gate next year. P4 still on the go too and a handful of psone and psp titles I'm itching to finish...
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 16 Dec 2018 13:11:37 3,587 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My Vita backlog is still scary. Still upcoming titles I want such as the Darkest Dungeon physical and some I haven't got around to buying yet like Super Robot Wars X. I have been using the system a lot as a VN machine as it is easy play before bed but I would like to get back to things like Muramasa too. Got an LRG parcel on the way too with a few Vita gamesin like Super Hydorah and Cosmic Star Heroineto look forward to too. And all my dungeon crawlers waiting too...
  • Flying_Pig 17 Dec 2018 07:46:50 16,300 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    BearFishPie wrote:
    @Flying_Pig I think if Another World was much longer itíd be at risk of outstaying its welcome. It feels just about right to me.
    I completely agree, although the ending was a tad abrupt...
  • Murbs 17 Dec 2018 08:23:36 24,392 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Vita still feels good in hand even being so used to the Switch now.

Can't believe I've had mine for close to 7 years now
  • ChocNut 17 Dec 2018 11:21:30 2,467 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Murbs Yep, it feels so great compared to Switch. Itís a travesty they didnít take the next step and add L2 R2 or another upgrade.

I wonder if Microsoft are working on something portable...
  • RyanDS 17 Dec 2018 11:32:37 12,882 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It is so annoying that there is no new handheld coming out. I do like my switch, but the battery is so poor, and it is too big to just throw in my pocket so never really replaces the vita for me.

I do think the Vita may be my most used console.
  • BearFishPie 17 Dec 2018 15:37:31 719 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Same here. The switch is a bit big to lug into work, and Iíve still got plenty of backlog on Vita to keep it relevant for a while yet. Just started Virtueís Last Reward, which should keep me out of trouble for a while.
  • uiruki 17 Dec 2018 15:40:03 4,927 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Donít forget the Vita also having super futuristic Bluetooth audio!
  • Flying_Pig 18 Dec 2018 19:22:44 16,300 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I may have stumbled across a new contender for 'Worst Vita game' it's called Roundabout. I think I must have got it with PS+ and even then I feel ripped off.

Avoid
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 18 Dec 2018 23:37:15 3,587 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    I may have stumbled across a new contender for 'Worst Vita game' it's called Roundabout. I think I must have got it with PS+ and even then I feel ripped off.

Avoid
    One of this month's games. Not played it myself. Looks like an odd mix of FMV and Kuru Kuru Kururin...
  • infoxicated 18 Dec 2018 23:41:09 1,509 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    uiruki wrote:
    Donít forget the Vita also having super futuristic Bluetooth audio!
    That doesn't actually pair with my Sony Bluetooth earphones! :D

I've been neglecting my Vita for a while, but I'm looking forward to starting Papers Please!
  • Flying_Pig 27 Dec 2018 08:05:43 16,300 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    While nothing in the January sale really grabbed me, I've been itching for a new game so picked up Reverie after hearing such positive views.

I hope it's good :)
  • Humperfunk 27 Dec 2018 08:33:03 8,011 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm still hammering through Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight after finishing 3 (albeit three trophies short as I can't do them, and I'm amazing at rhythm games :( )
  • Flying_Pig 8 Jan 2019 21:16:46 16,300 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Reverie completed (with a Platinum Trophy)!

Pretty good Zelda-esque RPG - it was nice and short and not too challenging, other than the bonus dungeon. Worth checking out if you're looking for something to occupy you for 5-6 hours.

Next up: Zelda: Breath of the Wild :o
  • Humperfunk 9 Jan 2019 14:38:50 8,011 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nice one FP :)

I'm back on Trails of Cold Steel. I say back on it, I mean starting a new game almost three years after last playing it. Got the PS4 version pre-ordered for later this month/mid Feb (nowhere seems to agree on the release date) as it has cross save so can properly invest into it!

Enjoy your next game FP, it won't be news for me to tell you that it's an incredible game!
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 9 Jan 2019 16:43:47 3,587 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmm, that cross save reminds me I need to import PS4 Cold Steel and not order our local one (which I nearly did) as I have the imports for Vita and PS3... Still got to finish Trails 2 (and 3) before I realistically play it though.
  • BearFishPie 9 Jan 2019 17:33:35 719 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iíve still got loads to plough through before I can realistically think about shelving the trusty Vita. Iíve started VLR now, have Zero Time Dilemma to go through, and am half way through FFVI. I have a boatload of intriguing looking indies to start too, Papers Please probably being first on the pile.
  • Flying_Pig 10 Jan 2019 12:38:39 16,300 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm certainly not shelving my Vita either! There are still a few games I want to play on it - anything which is on both Vita and Switch will almost certainly be something I play on the Vita
  • FatSternKikwi 10 Jan 2019 14:08:12 1,706 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished Danganronpa V3 and half way through Iconoclast.

Might start Broken Sword after as it takes up like 4 gigs.

2019 might be the year I clear my vita backlog. Maybe.
  • BearFishPie 10 Jan 2019 16:32:18 719 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @FatSternKikwi How was Danganronpa V3? I loved the first two!
  • FatSternKikwi 10 Jan 2019 17:07:32 1,706 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @BearFishPie I loved it about as much as the others. The characters were pretty great and despite a couple of weaker cases it was a great ride. The ending is amazing as well but may annoy some.

Any fan of the series should play it for sure.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 10 Jan 2019 17:15:31 3,587 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I also enjoyed V3, if you like the rest it is worth playing.

As for backlog my Vita backlog is enough to keep me going a long time. Haven't even unwrapped stuff like Salt and Sanctuary yet...
  • BearFishPie 11 Jan 2019 09:43:45 719 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iíll pop V3 on the to-buy pile then. Thanks!
  • FanBoysSuck 11 Jan 2019 10:35:30 1,649 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hi folks! Need a bit of advice. My Vita has started playing up. A couple of weeks ago, out of the blue, it wouldn't turn on and when plugged in to charge the light would turn orange for a second, flash, then go out. A few days ago it decided to turn on again but won't charge.

Has anyone encountered this? If so, is there a fix? I've got enough games left to get through that would justify a repair or a replacement but I'm hoping there is something I'd be able to try before shelling out cash.
  • michaelf 16 Jan 2019 22:44:13 90 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My Vita just has a software update ... anyone know anything about a new one being released? I hadnít expected any more. Guess itís just Ďstability and other fixesí (or closing down services) patch.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 17 Jan 2019 00:13:03 3,587 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    These days most updates are to stop custom firmware. I haven't checked yet though (still on original firmware here)
  • michaelf 19 Jan 2019 08:33:19 90 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @One_Vurfed_Gwrx cheers; I guessed so. One thing I have noticed is that my vita now turns itself off, whereas before I could just leave it in standby mode & press the ps button to wake it up. Hmmmm
  • Murbs 19 Jan 2019 09:41:09 24,392 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    My Vita was charged a couple of weeks back. Has been on sleep and flight mode, with P4G running in the background.

Still full battery.
  • spleendonkey 19 Jan 2019 10:17:41 280 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've just bought a vita! I bought a launch one and lost it in a burglary. I have such a ridiculous backlog of games from plus and cross play seems like a good investment for now vs the switch but mainly I'm interested in remote play for my PS4 when setting my parents.

Does it work well?
  • Flying_Pig 19 Jan 2019 10:32:33 16,300 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @spleendonkey some games do remote play better than others. It's mainly down to how well the controls map to the Vita and the smaller screen on the Vita.

However, on the whole, provided your wifi set up is decent remote play is pretty impressive.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.