Playstation Vita Page 288

• Flying_Pig 6 Apr 2019 09:34:11 16,200 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Your-Mother wrote:
    At this point you might as well throw CFW on it so you can use Micro SD cards instead of the now out-of-production and ridiculously overpriced proprietary cards.
    I didn't think you could CFW a Vita off the latest official FW?
  • damagedinc 6 Apr 2019 10:04:07 2,695 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone recommend strategy games for vita, something along the lines of command and conquer or SIM city
  • KnuttinAtoll 6 Apr 2019 10:11:17 7,232 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also affected by dodgy 64GB card. Corrupt installs galore, after switching back to my 16GB card no more problems.

Pretty annoying as it wasn't exactly cheap and the fact you can't back up saves separately without PS+.
  • Flying_Pig 6 Apr 2019 14:25:59 16,200 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    Anyone recommend strategy games for vita, something along the lines of command and conquer or SIM city
    Closest to strategy would be XCOM, Steamworld Heist, Civ Rev or Frozen Synapse Prime
  • AaronTurner 6 Apr 2019 17:09:18 10,991 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Is the Vita worth it for remote play from a pS4?
  • Trowel 6 Apr 2019 17:17:12 22,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yes and no - first of all you need to have a stable enough connection (upload speed and ping seem to be the things which make a difference), however the most important thing of all is the mapping of controls, which is game specific. Triggers mapped to the corner of the front screen is just about manageable, but I've abandonded plenty of remote play sessions due to mapping of shoulder buttons to the back touchpad.

Near pointless trying to plat RDR2 for example, but I completed loads of slow puzzlers or indie platformers almost exclusively in bed.

I now remote play on a laptop - far less hassle to use a Dualshock.
  • AaronTurner 6 Apr 2019 17:54:47 10,991 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah to be fair I use it on my PC. Don't know what I'm thinking.
  • damagedinc 11 Apr 2019 22:05:11 2,695 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do they still do sales etc on the ps store? Or that all stopped now?
  • Flying_Pig 11 Apr 2019 22:42:14 16,200 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    Do they still do sales etc on the ps store? Or that all stopped now?
    That should do, but I've not seen anything decent for ages :(
  • FrostPan 12 Apr 2019 16:37:59 1,607 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They seem to only do a few sales throughout a year for the Vita. The last good sale was the January one. I regret not getting Zero Escape: The Norary games as who knows that will be on sale again.
  • FrostPan 14 Apr 2019 13:26:27 1,607 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone played Undertale here? I completed it recently. I thought it was just decent at first, but I ended up loving it towards end game. Great story, characters and an interesting, yet refreshing take on the standard JRPG turn based combat system. The soundtrack is excellent too. I've been listening to it a lot when out and about. I haven't stopped thinking about this game since completing it, so I'm really glad this came out on the Vita a while ago.

Might finally start Danganronpa V3 next. I should go back to Ultra Despair Girls first, but man it's not a good sign that I feel like I'm forcing myself to go back to that. From what I remember it was alright, but it didn't grip me like the first two games did.
  • grounded_dreams 14 Apr 2019 15:00:17 103 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I've only played about an hour of Undertale so far, been putting time into Assassin's Creed Odyssey atm. But liked what I played.
  • Flying_Pig 14 Apr 2019 19:01:06 16,200 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @FrostPan - I enjoyed Undertale, but didn't really understand the love for it that some people have.

In terms of Danganronpa - I know what you mean about Ultra Despair Girls, as a shooter, it's a bit clunky, but fortunately V3 is proper DanganRonpa and arguably you don't need to have played UDG to enjoy it.
  • BearFishPie 1 May 2019 11:04:17 692 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Some decent deals in the latest PSN sale - Disgaea 4, Danganronpa and the Steins Gate games are very easy recommendations for those prices, for those who might be interested. I think Iím going to have to get Danganronpa V3 for that price!
  • FatSternKikwi 1 May 2019 13:36:39 1,702 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone have an opinion on A Rose in the Twilight? Itís a fiver and looks creepy.
  • FrostPan 5 May 2019 12:14:15 1,607 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BearFishPie wrote:
    Some decent deals in the latest PSN sale - Disgaea 4, Danganronpa and the Steins Gate games are very easy recommendations for those prices, for those who might be interested. I think Iím going to have to get Danganronpa V3 for that price!
    Actually a pretty good Vita sale! Think I'll be picking up The Nonary games. Persona 3 and 5 Dancing for around 30 quid is tempting, but still need to 100% P4 Dancing, so will give it a pass for now. The prices for the Danganronpa games are a bargain.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 5 May 2019 13:26:49 3,511 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    FatSternKikwi wrote:
    Anyone have an opinion on A Rose in the Twilight? Itís a fiver and looks creepy.
    I haven't finished it (it can be fairly challenging and I got backlog distracted) but it was an interesting little game (I have been a fan of the little NISA series like Yomawari though). At the price if you like the look of it I would go for it.
  • markytonline83 12 May 2019 09:28:11 894 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Heard a lot of praise for Trials of Cold Steel recently, presumably because of the PS4 release. So just ordered it for Vita. Anyone else played it?

Also, if anyone could recommend some classic Zelda-like titles for the Vita I may have missed, that would be great. I have played and enjoyed Reverie and that seems to be the closest I could find.
  • Flying_Pig 12 May 2019 12:48:25 16,200 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    markytonline83 wrote:
    Heard a lot of praise for Trials of Cold Steel recently, presumably because of the PS4 release. So just ordered it for Vita. Anyone else played it?

Have it? Yes. Played it? Nope :)

Also, if anyone could recommend some classic Zelda-like titles for the Vita I may have missed, that would be great. I have played and enjoyed Reverie and that seems to be the closest I could find.
    Oceanhorn?
  • FatSternKikwi 12 May 2019 18:50:45 1,702 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @markytonline83 Love all the Trails of cold steel games. Beware though the whole story is like 400 hours over 4 games (3 is coming out soon and 4 is out in jp I believe). And they tie in to a separate trilogy called Trail in the sky (older but better).

Brilliant if you have the time though!
  • uiruki 13 May 2019 16:51:05 4,833 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Been a while since I posted in this thread. DRPG developments!

Unfortunately the sequel to Refrain has been delayed until 2020, which I suspect is a Switch port flag. It looked pretty far along so Iím not sure what happened there.

On the other hand, the new Experience DRPG (after a number of visual novel type games) is still on for 11 July. Itís actually a remake of their older title Students of the Round and it even includes the updated version of Stranger in Sword City.

Those two games (pre-delay, obviously) nearly got me buying a new Vita on my recent japan holiday, as my current Vita has a lazy left stick. Theyíre so expensive now though.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 13 May 2019 18:56:04 3,511 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @uiruki I am still annoyed that Stranger of Sword City Revisited never got a physical or a European PSN release leaving it out of reach without importing and playing in Japanese. Being in a double pack with an older remake might be nice though, assuming that double pack doesn't get a Switch port. Be interesting to see how many copies upcoming Japanese Vita cart games are going to get now that cart production has ended. I am still hoping SoSC Revisited comes as one of the last bunch of LRG titles...

I had to grab Refrain on Switch in the end but would have preferred it on Vita really. Seemed quite nice from my play of the demo.
  • Your-Mother 14 May 2019 01:44:33 2,821 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Your-Mother wrote:
    At this point you might as well throw CFW on it so you can use Micro SD cards instead of the now out-of-production and ridiculously overpriced proprietary cards.
    I didn't think you could CFW a Vita off the latest official FW?
    You can now. Trinity hack is out and works for all firmware versions. Well worth doing purely for the above reasons. Got a 256Gb card in mine.
  • uiruki 14 May 2019 06:53:55 4,833 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @One_Vurfed_Gwrx Oddly, the digital version of Aoki Tsubasa no Chevalier is out two weeks before the package - wonder if that's a way to try and push people towards going digital due to a small run.

Weirdly enough the Vita version of Refrain actually runs at a higher framerate than the Switch one, they limited that version to 30 while on Vita it's variable.
  • markytonline83 17 May 2019 20:51:55 894 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I can confirm Trials of Cold Steel is absolutely brilliant. An epic RPG I can play anywhere.
  • Humperfunk 17 May 2019 21:14:07 7,999 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    markytonline83 wrote:
    I can confirm Trials of Cold Steel is absolutely brilliant. An epic RPG I can play anywhere.
    Agreed. I actually transferred my save to the PS4 release and smashed it in just under 60 hours (using the boost mode a lot), easily a 100 hour game on Vita!

Got the sequel pre-ordered for PS4, got it for £4 in a PSN sale years ago but want to continue my saved game :)
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 18 May 2019 09:48:09 3,511 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I still want to get the PS4 versions of Cold Steel, even though I haven't really played my Vita and PS3 versions .. i sense a proboem there ;). Still got to finish Trails in the Sky 2nd and buy 3rd...
  • uiruki 18 May 2019 09:57:19 4,833 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You can take the save data from the Vita and PS3 versions you haven't played onto the PS4!
  • Humperfunk 18 May 2019 13:32:21 7,999 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can indeed, as per my post above!
  • grounded_dreams 1 Jul 2019 05:55:31 103 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I've have a PCH-1003 and the battery is finally giving up on me, only lasts about thirty minutes from a full charge. Anyone replaced one? Had a look at some videos and does seem quite fiddly.
    Have ordered the battery should be here by the middle of the week.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.