Playstation Vita Page 289

Next Last
  • ChocNut 1 Jul 2019 12:53:56 2,459 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @grounded_dreams havenít tried it although Iím sure Iíll have to eventually. Let us know how you get on.

Iíve been hoping that leaving it plugged in from time to time even if I donít use it heavily will help.

The charging cable gave up first for me so I had to buy a replacement (not for the adaptor or plug bit - just the part where it connects to the vita). Got a non-Sony cable for like 2 quid on amazon so that was handy.
  • grounded_dreams 4 Jul 2019 16:23:48 103 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @ChocNut Sorry for the delay in responding was waiting for the stuff to be delivered.
    It was much easier to replace than I expected, maybe twenty minutes to do.
    The only fiddly part was connecting the battery cable to the board. In the end, I practiced with the older (removed) battery cable and then was able to do it. Just put the Vita on charge fingers crossed it is an improvement.
    All in, it cost me about £15.

Here is the kit and the Vita opened up and the older battery removed.
    https://imgur.com/a/iB0olXX

Feeling chuffed that I was able to do this, was rather hesitant and even queried with some local electrical repair stores for quotes on doing the work, but pleased I decided to venture and try it myself.

Edited by grounded_dreams at 16:33:27 04-07-2019
  • ChocNut 6 Jul 2019 22:01:38 2,459 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @grounded_dreams and you didnít need any other tools? Just what came in the kit? Well done and hope your vita has a long and healthy new life!
  • richarddavies 6 Jul 2019 22:18:15 6,778 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Been playing alot of metal gear on my vita lately. Finished the first one on the ps1 last weekend (the last boss was alot harder than when I was a kid) and now I'm playing 3. Such a good game. I'm noticeably worse at it than when I was younger though, I'm being seen all the fooking time.
  • grounded_dreams 6 Jul 2019 22:41:39 103 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    ChocNut wrote:
    @grounded_dreams and you didnít need any other tools? Just what came in the kit? Well done and hope your vita has a long and healthy new life!
    The tools I bought separately to the battery, didn't need the guitar pick device just the screwdriver and the long opening tool.
    Yeah hopefully it does improve the life of this amazing device :)

Edited by grounded_dreams at 22:42:03 06-07-2019
  • Flying_Pig 18 Jul 2019 22:51:38 16,239 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So because I'm a great Dad, I've offered to leave the Switch at home while they're off for the summer holidays. As such, it looks like I'll be reverting back to my trusty Vita for the next 6 weeks or so :)

Looking on the PS Store, there haven't been any decent releases this year, and there are no decent discounts on at the moment, so it looks like I'll have to try one of the many RPGs I've been putting off....

I've a choice of Trails of Cold Steel, Ys Memories of Celceta or FFX.

Any suggestion of which one I should go for?
  • BearFishPie 19 Jul 2019 00:46:33 711 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Flying_Pig I only have played the latter two, and honestly both are a good shout! Ys is a a lot less flashy but feels more immediate and snappy, being an action-rpg more than anything else. The art direction and spectacle of FFX is still pretty special though.

Iíd probably say Ys first, as it deserves having more people play it.
  • Flying_Pig 19 Jul 2019 07:14:23 16,239 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    BearFishPie wrote:
    @Flying_Pig I only have played the latter two, and honestly both are a good shout! Ys is a a lot less flashy but feels more immediate and snappy, being an action-rpg more than anything else. The art direction and spectacle of FFX is still pretty special though.

Iíd probably say Ys first, as it deserves having more people play it.
    Yeah, it's a tough call. I'd probably go for Ys over FFX myself, but then I do love the Trails... series :)
  • dominalien 19 Jul 2019 09:00:31 9,201 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Iím looking forward to starting an Ys or a Trails or a Chaos;Child on my Vita. Unfortunately Iíve been stuck on bloody Ar Nosurge for something like 10 years now and itís such a horrible slog.
  • BearFishPie 19 Jul 2019 21:35:32 711 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iíve started Steamworld Heist, which I picked up for buttons in a sale recently. Itís superb fun - 2D XCOMesque fun with a splash of Puzzle Bobble to the shooting.
  • Murbs 19 Jul 2019 22:53:13 24,311 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I might take my Vita on holiday this year. Need to resub to plus too. Got a load of games I've started but lost access to.
  • Flying_Pig 19 Jul 2019 23:05:39 16,239 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    BearFishPie wrote:
    Iíve started Steamworld Heist, which I picked up for buttons in a sale recently. Itís superb fun - 2D XCOMesque fun with a splash of Puzzle Bobble to the shooting.
    Steamworld Heist is brilliant.

I think I've decided to give Ys a go, but gave also just remembered that I never finished P4G
  • ontoff 25 Jul 2019 23:48:32 71 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does such a thing exist for the Vita in 2019?
    * I want the ability for multiple 'save slots' in Vita games, so I can let someone use my Vita with no risk of overwriting/updating my saves
  • Flying_Pig 26 Jul 2019 07:33:20 16,239 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    ontoff wrote:
    Does such a thing exist for the Vita in 2019?
    * I want the ability for multiple 'save slots' in Vita games, so I can let someone use my Vita with no risk of overwriting/updating my saves
    I guess you mean different profiles like you can have on PS4 or Switch. Sadly for the Vita the answer's no.
  • ontoff 27 Jul 2019 01:05:10 71 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Flying_Pig, thanks. That's too bad. It still remains a serious omission in my opinion. The PSP and DS family did things much better here.
  • Flying_Pig 2 Aug 2019 18:08:39 16,239 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    BearFishPie wrote:
    Steamworld Heist is brilliant.

I think I've decided to give Ys a go, but gave also just remembered that I never finished P4G
    So I'm about 6 or so hours in to Ys. I generally like a nice light JRPG, but I'm finding this all so dull. The main character is a red haired, voiceless void and the main storyline feels so inconsequential...

I'll plug away for a bit longer, but I hope this pick up.
  • BearFishPie 2 Aug 2019 21:05:24 711 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Flying_Pig The plot and characters in Ys do get a *bit* better, but I found the main draw was the gradually expanding and increasingly showy move set. Itís certainly not world class in my opinion, in the ways that say Xenoblade Chronicles, Persona 3/4/5 and most of the FF games are.
  • markytonline83 14 Aug 2019 17:18:37 898 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So recently my 64gb memory card Iíve had since day one finally got corrupted. Itís times like this you wonder how wise it was to not allow any old memory cards. But anywho, thatís years of saves and game progress down the toilet.
    I decided to get an 8gb memory card replacement (£10) and Iím finding it strangely liberating to only be able to have much fewer games on the system. Helps me focus on the games I have on the system and encourages me to finish them before I have to delete them to make room for the next game.
    When 64gb died on me I briefly entertained selling all my vita collection on (100 physical games + console). Glad I didnít. Itís truly a great system. Iíve absolutely hammered it since it came out and the console itself still plays and performs like new.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.