Tekken 7

First Previous
  • Rens11 13 Jul 2014 18:18:42 1,859 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    To be announced at Evo today running on Unreal Engine 4 Trailer inbound tonight

Edited by Rens11 at 18:27:49 13-07-2014
  • Esppiral 13 Jul 2014 19:01:44 116 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
  • Deleted user 13 July 2014 19:24:38
    Oof, hope we get some gameplay footage.

Thought TTT2 was the best game in the series.
  • Psiloc 13 Jul 2014 19:40:01 6,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    As long as it has the standard 9 bouts > boss > ending > repeat formula in single player I'll be happy. The T6 single player was a travesty.
  • Deleted user 13 July 2014 19:52:59
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Oof, hope we get some gameplay footage.

Thought TTT2 was the best game in the series.
    Agree. Fantastic game. Great for fans and encouraging enough for anyone to have a go.
  • Deleted user 13 July 2014 20:08:52
    Awesome, looking forward to this!  I reckon  Tekken 5 was the best in the series.
  • convercide 13 Jul 2014 23:41:03 6,434 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Where the hell is Tekken X Street Fighter? Have they abandoned it?
  • nickthegun 13 Jul 2014 23:46:59 85,078 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    After sfxt turned out to be as popular as AIDS, I think it got put in the backburner
  • Rivuzu 14 Jul 2014 00:01:09 18,417 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    After sfxt turned out to be as popular as AIDS, I think it got put in the backburner
    SFxT was an abortion because it tried to force fighters from a 3D space into a 2D environment, with tacked on TagTeam mechanics and shitty gems.

Just give me a core Tekken game, make Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li etc decent 3D 8-way fighters, and we're golden. That's all it needs.
  • ValtermcPires 14 Jul 2014 07:58:17 9,139 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tekken 7 Officially Announced Trailer
  • Syrette 14 Jul 2014 08:03:22 51,045 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Meh.
  • nickthegun 14 Jul 2014 08:22:13 85,078 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    rivuzu wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    SFxT was an abortion because it tried to force fighters from a 3D space into a 2D environment, with tacked on TagTeam mechanics and shitty gems.

Just give me a core Tekken game, make Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li etc decent 3D 8-way fighters, and we're golden. That's all it needs.
    sfxt was actually pretty good and I thought they did a really good job at translating the characters. Similar to marvel, the tekken players were actually more interesting and, in the main, better than capcom ones.

The thing that killed it was the money grabbing and the the way it was so easy, initially, to lame your way to a timeout.
  • convercide 14 Jul 2014 11:47:43 6,434 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    rivuzu wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

sfxt was actually pretty good and I thought they did a really good job at translating the characters. Similar to marvel, the tekken players were actually more interesting and, in the main, better than capcom ones.

The thing that killed it was the money grabbing and the the way it was so easy, initially, to lame your way to a timeout.
    Yeah that and some of the worst character balancing since MvC2.
  • Rivuzu 14 Jul 2014 11:58:04 18,417 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    SFxT, Kazuya, dash gem, spam D+F and you do the lightning uppercut dash which goes under fireballs but it can cancel into ANOTHER dash. So you can full screen dash and rush into them in under a second.

It was obscene.

I hope there's slightly more emphasis on improving the juggle system this time though. Some strings were just far too easy to abuse and it didn't really reflect how good your reactions were, just how good you can remember a pattern.

Like those people on Ranked online who did nothing but 10-button-combo spam Yoshimitsu. F that. I loved making my own juggle strings, even if they weren't the best!
  • Psiloc 14 Jul 2014 15:38:30 6,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:
    As long as it has the standard 9 bouts > boss > ending > repeat formula in single player I'll be happy. The T6 single player was a travesty.
    Actually I've changed my mind, the single player should plain rip off MK8's.
  • PazJohnMitch 14 Jul 2014 16:45:14 16,751 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    MK8 single player was ace.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 14 Jul 2014 17:18:24 47,499 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I hope you mean MK9. MK8 was Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.
  • Deleted user 14 July 2014 17:18:37
    I think Namco confirmed towards the end of last year that TxSF was still on, with a possible release this year.

I'm a helluva lot more interested in Tekken 7 anyway.  Wish they could have shown us some gameplay.
  • convercide 14 Jul 2014 18:05:11 6,434 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, Tekken 7 will be miles better than TxSF. The lack of even a screenshot suggests that is rapidly becoming vapourware.
  • Psiloc 16 Jul 2014 11:37:24 6,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Heh, actually by MK8 I meant Mario Kart 8. Stupid tired brain.

But yes, T7 single player should rip off MK9.
  • Rivuzu 16 Jul 2014 12:17:28 18,417 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Heh, actually by MK8 I meant Mario Kart 8. Stupid tired brain.

But yes, T7 single player should rip off MK9.
    Fuck, now I want Tekken Kart, except each character can do their own signature move. Mishima's can spin on a spot and then uppercut someone out, the King's will wrestle another persons cart (somehow) and the Yoshimitsu cart will constantly rotate on the spot, getting dizzier.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2014 12:27:33
    Holy shit, that GIF. Excellent.
  • ValtermcPires 8 Aug 2014 21:38:01 9,139 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tekken 7′s first new character might be Arabic

This will probably catch you all in a surprise, but I have a question I’d like to ask all of you “Tekken fans”. Asking a question like this is very rare in the history of Tekken development.

I believe all of you know by now that we are developing Tekken 7 at the moment. Of course, in Tekken 7, there will be “some” new characters that will be featured in the game. The ideas of these new characters are changing daily, and nothing is totally decided yet.

Today, I wanted to ask about “one of the ideas within the several new character ideas”. That is, a design concept of an Arab character. I would particularly like to hear the feedback from our Tekken fan community in the Middle Eastern countries (and of course, the all Tekken fan community).

(Some precautions again)

Note that featuring this Arab character in the game is not decided yet at this moment and will need the push from the Tekken fan community.

What we want you to look at is mainly the outfit concept, the fighting style, etc. but please do not debate about the gameplay portion at this stage.

This is just a concept sketch. Nothing has been set in stone, so please do not jump the gun and think everything is already fixed and decided.

We will not count as feedback those comments that use bad and inappropriate language or those that harm others. If it becomes a big issue, we will take down the post and seal it in the very firm Mishima Zaibatsu container box forever (and we will block you). We will erase those comments that does not relate to the topic. We look forward for Tekken fans to comment and feedback in a mannerly fashion.

The development team will be reading the comments but will not (be able to) reply except for particular cases. In addition, we will have a cut-off time on the feedbacks after a certain time.

There will be several new other characters in Tekken 7. We will not be revealing them yet. But I will collect feedbacks also about them in the future.

• BigOrkWaaagh 8 Aug 2014 21:44:04 10,233 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Looks more like a concept for Assassin's Creed than Tekken.
  • Deleted user 12 November 2014 03:37:32
    New trailer, ability to speak Japanese optional but useful.

• Rivuzu 3 Jan 2015 18:12:30 18,417 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Looks alright to me. Pretty excited for the western release on consoles of this.

Tekken > Any 2D fighter. Sorry!
  • First Previous
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.