Tekken 7 Page 2

• Deleted user 3 January 2015 20:37:53
    Maybe he goes to the same barber as Paul?

I have my reservations about this; I don't like the use of supers in 3D fighters, and I don't like the emphasis on juggling. Tekken Tag 2 is one of my most played games last gen and the best game in the series, so hopefully it's more like that than Tekken 6 (ugh).
  • ejayem 21 Aug 2015 12:11:48 137 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have we got a confirmed UK release date for this yet?
  • Psiloc 21 Aug 2015 12:59:32 6,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Typically takes between one and two years to go from Japanese arcades to PAL consoles. It was released in March in JP arcades.
  • convercide 14 Dec 2015 11:25:56 6,434 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Akuma is in it now. Signs that they are prepping Tekken x Street Fighter?

• MrTomFTW Moderator 14 Dec 2015 11:31:37 47,499 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Signs that they've given up on the idea of Tekken x Street Fighter and this is the closest you'll ever get.
  • Rivuzu 14 Dec 2015 11:34:54 18,417 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Signs that they've given up on the idea of Tekken x Street Fighter and this is the closest you'll ever get.
    I'd say that sounds about right. I'm glad personally, though tying Akuma in with the story (lol, story) seems a bit weird.
  • Big-Swiss 14 Dec 2015 11:35:59 9,443 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    is there a official release date confirmed yet?
  • Rivuzu 14 Dec 2015 11:40:53 18,417 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    There's not even official confirmation it's coming to consoles yet afaik. They've said PS4 release but no news on dates or anything, and Fated Retribution is an update for the already-in-Japanese-arcades Tekken 7.

Home release is probably quite a way off yet.
  • Big-Swiss 14 Dec 2015 11:42:46 9,443 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    cheers Rivuzu!

But bad news:(
  • Rivuzu 14 Dec 2015 11:47:05 18,417 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Well it is and it isn't. From what I understand, this is how the Tekken games were developed previously. The engine used for T7 is the T6 one with modifications, and the arcade version is essentially a public open beta version for people to try. There are updates for balance often installed onto the machines (as they're all connected online) and they're gauging the state of play before compiling it and doing a home release version.

Tekken pretty much lives and dies in the arcades, and that's where this new update comes in - it's replacing the default costume of a lot of the characters (as before they only had their T6 variation), balance changes, and adding in new characters.

The game is probably only about 80% complete right now. The rest will come! As for the home release though, looks like it's only coming to PS4 from the announcements.
  • Psiloc 14 Dec 2015 13:56:23 6,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You've got to wonder why it takes so long to port from arcades to console these days. Although thinking about it it's probably a cynical way to gobble up coins from the people who were going to get the home version anyway.
  • XRoyalOnieX 18 Dec 2015 23:54:21 83 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can't wait as I am only into tekken for fighting games so I hope this is great as usual street fighter mortal kombat and dead or alive or even soul calibre can not compare to tekken for me
  • challenge_hanukkah 18 Dec 2015 23:56:26 13,766 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
  • Rivuzu 10 Nov 2016 23:37:23 18,417 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Been watching some of the tournament play recently and I'm still as excited as ever for a new Tekken installment. Below is the Socal Regional where Namco Bandai brought over machines to the esports arena for the tournament. Lots of Akuma if you want to see how he's converted over (very well in my opinion, even if they are using SFIV mechanics like FADC!)

• Deleted user 11 November 2016 01:12:22
    convercide wrote:
    Akuma is in it now. Signs that they are prepping Tekken x Street Fighter?

Hope not, a world of fireballs doesn't work with a world without (baring the devil/angel spam lazer beems)
  • Rivuzu 11 Nov 2016 01:29:50 18,417 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Check some of the footage out. Fireball spammers look incredibly easy to deal with by side stepping. Turtling isn't a viable option.
  • Deleted user 11 November 2016 03:00:06
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Check some of the footage out. Fireball spammers look incredibly easy to deal with by side stepping. Turtling isn't a viable option.
    I own SF vs Tekken lol that's all I need for this "experience" hehe
  • Rivuzu 11 Nov 2016 07:03:14 18,417 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ???

Either trolling, or just plain stupid?
  • Deleted user 12 November 2016 13:08:05
    Rivuzu wrote:
    ???

Either trolling, or just plain stupid?
    It didn't work for that game what makes you think Namco will make it work....
  • Deleted user 13 November 2016 13:51:41
    @FuzzyDucky It's been in it since Tekken 3, still doesn't mean it will work well vs SF characters, when Capcom couldn't make the game good in the SF style. The style of games is too different for it to work imo, out side of Jack's unblockable there isn't to many smooth motion movements for skills, its more taps and one movement vs dragon punch or fireballs ect. Or button combos for Kings multi-throws not so much movement.
  • nickthegun 13 Nov 2016 14:12:51 85,078 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    There are plenty of motion commands and fireballs/projectiles have been in the game since tekken 2 and they have never been overpowered.

The problem with akuma wasnt his fireball or motion commands, it was that he was very poorly balanced.

Have a look at this and if you cant see the potential in shunting SF characters into 3D, I dont know what to tell you.

• Deleted user 13 November 2016 14:20:48
    nickthegun wrote:
    There are plenty of motion commands and fireballs/projectiles have been in the game since tekken 2 and they have never been overpowered.

The problem with akuma wasnt his fireball or motion commands, it was that he was very poorly balanced.

Have a look at this and if you cant see the potential in shunting SF characters into 3D, I dont know what to tell you.

Must been playing difference versions of Tekken then lol outside of Devil/Angel two button lazer beam I'm struggling to think of the fireballs/projectiles that's been in since Tekken 2...

Just have to agree to disagree on this :p
  • nickthegun 13 Nov 2016 18:14:44 85,078 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well, you just named one... then theres ogre, jinpachi, raven, alisa, gon.... the point is that there have been projectiles in tekken for 20 years and none of them were overpowered or, realistically, worth using.

You will notice that in the video above, hardly any raw fireballs are thrown. They are mostly used as combo extenders or to catch the opponent on wakeup.

But, yes, this conversation is kind of pointless.
  • Psiloc 30 May 2017 14:04:29 6,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nobody else excited? When's the embargo up?
  • Rivuzu 30 May 2017 14:07:28 18,417 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Oh I'm hyped. I'm all on the Injustice train right now, but once this is in my hands, that's probably getting dropped.

Just really want this to not be shit.
  • y2rich 30 May 2017 14:15:55 3,501 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Cannot bloody wait for this. Got Friday booked off and everything
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.