Animal Crossing Page 2

Next Last
  • Scientist 19 Nov 2002 15:00:18 1,197 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    In what respect does it have more scope than the Sims? I am intrigued to find out how a such a console simulation without benefits of hard disc, for exmaple, could exceed the variety and scope possible in a PC title of the same genre.
  • MrWorf 19 Nov 2002 15:00:41 63,835 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    Yes but It has a much wider scope than the Sims.

Edited by Razz at 14:58:04 19-11-2002

Will it have an online capability ?

Honestly, I don't know. But that bit at the end of the trailer seems to sugguest so.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2002 15:02:10
    I didn't like B&W because it was *dull*. You didn't really have much to do aside from trying to understand the fickle villagers and tend to their every whim. The novelty of a creature wore of quickly as well, once you realised just how hard it was to train and look after them.
  • MrWorf 19 Nov 2002 15:02:43 63,835 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Scientist wrote:
    In what respect does it have more scope than the Sims? I am intrigued to find out how a such a console simulation without benefits of hard disc, for exmaple, could exceed the variety and scope possible in a PC title of the same genre.

Dude, calm down. I was only making an observation. With the Sims I need to buy 6 expansion packs to have all the features that AC seems to have.

Edited by Razz at 15:03:17 19-11-2002
  • MrWorf 19 Nov 2002 15:03:40 63,835 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Maybe, but the video trailer is really cool. The animation is amazing!
  • Deleted user 19 November 2002 15:04:36
    It has more scope because you play yourself, you venture out of your house, into town, buy things and sell stuff you grow or catch or make, make friends by conversing with them properly. It easily has more of a worldly feel to it, from what I've seen.
  • MrWorf 19 Nov 2002 15:05:31 63,835 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    mouse wrote:
    I didn't like B&W because it was *dull*. You didn't really have much to do aside from trying to understand the fickle villagers and tend to their every whim. The novelty of a creature wore of quickly as well, once you realised just how hard it was to train and look after them.

Talking of which, did anyone actually manage to train there beast to the top of their potential. Eurgh.. bad English, basically, did you manage to growth an intelligent magical behemoth?

Edited by Razz at 15:08:35 19-11-2002
  • MrWorf 19 Nov 2002 15:06:37 63,835 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    mouse wrote:
    It has more scope because you play yourself, you venture out of your house, into town, buy things and sell stuff you grow or catch or make, make friends by conversing with them properly. It easily has more of a worldly feel to it, from what I've seen.

Exactly the point I tried and failed to make because my English sucks arse.

Edited by Razz at 15:06:57 19-11-2002
  • Deleted user 19 November 2002 15:07:30
    I don't know if anybody could tell if their beast was particularly intelligent or not. I mean, who's to say how an enormous evil cow should behave?
  • MrWorf 19 Nov 2002 15:08:45 63,835 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    mouse wrote:
    I don't know if anybody could tell if their beast was particularly intelligent or not. I mean, who's to say how an enormous evil cow should behave?

excellent point! :)
  • jaa 19 Nov 2002 15:13:32 962 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    So, otto, you like Doshin, do you? I played it a few times and then pretty much gave up. But I'm somewhat sorry for that - really wanted to like it. Do you have any reasons why should I insist?

edit: forget it. Your answer to vermin's question is enough for me. I'm afraid it's just not my kind of game.

Edited by jaa at 15:18:14 19-11-2002
  • ST.. 19 Nov 2002 15:27:08 934 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    There was a full review of AC in last months Edge.

I think they gave it 8/10.
  • Scientist 19 Nov 2002 15:35:59 1,197 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Razz, excuse the tone earlier, I wasn't intending to sound aggressive. It's just that I know very little about either game and was just wanted to find out more.
  • jaa 19 Nov 2002 15:43:15 962 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    When it comes to Animal Crossing, one thing that worries me a bit is the game using the Cube's clock to mark time. During workdays, we can't play before - what, 7 p.m.? (at least some of us can't...). So, unless we change the time everytime we turn the Cube on, we'll be playing Animal Crossing by Night (and weekends). And I bet Nintendo programmed all those little buggers to go to bed early (keep silent, Errol).
  • binky Moderator 19 Nov 2002 16:47:44 11,062 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    i cant add much more to this thread apart from... I read the review for Animal Crossing in NGC, and i want it :)

sounds good fun, and like Otto said, very "pick up and play for as long or little as u like", which incidently is why i quite like Blinx. the levels are fairly short, and it saves after each one, so u can just play a little bit at a time. something quite rare for a xbx game.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2002 17:14:27
    Errol wrote:
    the impact children have on ones freedom is very severe.

Way to state the obvious.
  • binky Moderator 19 Nov 2002 17:27:27 11,062 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    yeah man, with a statement like that, are u SURE u dont have kids? ;o)
  • otto Moderator 28 May 2007 11:16:19 49,322 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Errol, this game's not for you I think it's fair to say, so let this be one of the threads where you don't comment.

Personally I am holding out for a European release cos this is a game I rilly rilly want.
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Chris who? What, me??

Ooh I'm being stalked!

I just like the idea of a game that you play every day, but only for half an hour or so, where you interact and just muck about doing stuff and things evolve and change and... it just looks different and interesting.
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    No, didn't like Black & White, I don't think this is the same kind of thing though.

And the reason I didn't like B&W was mainly because of the crappy controls. I quite like Doshin for example, which is similar.
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I swapped Agg Inline for Doshin, a good swap in my book as Doshin is much more my cup of tea. I quite like it. It's much more simplistic than B&W, but that's no bad thing. The graphics are poor, it's clearly an N64 game dressed up for Cube. Gameplay is fun without being manic, and it's not going to keep you going for months. There's not a lot to it, at least not that I've discovered yet. The 'aim' as such is to get villagers to build you monuments, and you can get various monuments by mixing various villages (literally picking up a blue villager, taking him/her to a red village to shag lots of little red people and make red/blue kiddies who build you a red/blue monument, etc). A secondary or parallel aim is to get as big as possible - this you do by earning hearts or skulls by doing things that make the villagers love or hate you. Hate is much easier, you just have to stamp on the buggers. Love is earned by improving the land so the villagers can built a hypermarket on a nearby forest, that sort of thing.

It's a toy with limited life but no bad thing for that, that's kind of what I look for in a game. Not sure if it's worth full asking price though.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.