Following Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4! Page 39

Next Last
  • Ror 14 Feb 2020 14:30:26 19,433 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, that stuck out to me, too. That playground (assuming it's the same one - surely it is) is definitely under the plate in the original, as that's where Cloud and Aeris stop on the way to Sector 7 slums when they see Tifa in Corneo's chocobo carriage.

In fact, the whole thing, I was thinking, "are these the slums? They look a bit bright and not at all shanty-town-ish."
  • Scimarad 14 Feb 2020 14:32:15 9,653 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Ror

They do look like an industrial hell-hole, though.
  • Ror 14 Feb 2020 14:40:52 19,433 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Scimarad Sure does! I think it's good overall, just had me going 🤔 a few times.
  • Psiloc 14 Feb 2020 16:44:17 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Had the same reaction to you guys.

I think it's weird to see Midgar in daylight at all. I always kind of assumed the city was in more or less perpetual darkness due to the pollution of the land and air. The characters often remarked on how the city had no day or night.

Weird of them to make the first impression of Midgar out to be a bright and cleanish city. Perhaps they're hoping to contrast it with the slums a bit more later? To be fair, the few times you were above the plate in the original game it arguably didn't look different enough.
  • KRadiation 14 Feb 2020 17:02:48 1,491 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm hoping they hold back on their eagerness to mix things up.
    The first part of the trailer was disappointing to show the outside world off. I remember that being a revelation on first playing that there was an outside! In day light too? Hmmm

I'd play the original again but its dated so poorly.
  • Ror 14 Feb 2020 17:45:26 19,433 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The opening shot of the skyscrapers actually made me think more of Lucis from FFXV Kingsglaive than Midgar, though obviously the more we saw, the more industrial and grimy it looked.
  • DakeyrasUK 14 Feb 2020 18:18:28 3,590 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The surroundings of midgar where a barren browny grey in the original. So to see it as dessert isn't surprising. Probably because plants cannot grow due to the life stream being sucked up for the reactors.

It looked like there was plates but the playground didn't look part of the slums. Unless the plates are only on top of some of the slums in this...
  • Akumer 14 Feb 2020 19:19:26 208 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    Good England
  • JoelStinty 15 Feb 2020 08:51:13 8,492 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Iím glad thereís daylight stuff in here. I donít think I want to play a 20-40 hour game (if it is that) in darkness. Be nice to come up for air for a while. If theyíre focusing most of the game in Midgar I think itís a choice Iím ok with them making

I didnít think the playground was under a plate, I seem to think the next sector over came down and you see it all pile up against massive doors/wall. I might be wrong there though

Edited by JoelStinty at 08:52:16 15-02-2020
  • elstoof 15 Feb 2020 09:27:42 25,119 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The playground was in the slums under sector 6 plate iirc. I always assumed there were gaps in the plate for various things though, like how the sunlight reaches the church for the flowers to grow

Edited by elstoof at 09:29:05 15-02-2020
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.