Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4! Page 76

• Psiloc 26 Feb 2021 17:02:28 6,236 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Can't decide if that's stingy or fair enough tbh

EDIT: Regarding PS Plus being the PS4 version only.

Edited by Psiloc at 17:02:59 26-02-2021
  • SolidSCB 26 Feb 2021 17:03:31 16,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Managed to bag a pre owned copy earlier for £21. Can understand the principle of why they've gone about it this way, but I don't see it earning them a spectacular wedge (tee hee) from it. Seems like all the cheap copies have been snagged instantly, as it has gone out of stock and been relisted closer to RRP on a number of sites I checked it on just last night.
  • ZuluHero 26 Feb 2021 17:29:18 10,220 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've not been keeping up - is the upgrade going to be free?
  • SolidSCB 26 Feb 2021 17:30:56 16,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you've got a paid for edition, yes.

If you get the PS+ version, no.

Daft really but hey ho.
  • Rogueywon 26 Feb 2021 17:33:08 11,963 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Seems counter-productive not to allow the upgrade on the PS+ version. PS+ is going to open this up to a new audience. You want that audience to have a good impression of it. Increasing potential sales for the next installment feels intuitively like it should be more important than trying to drive a last few sales out of this one.
  • richarddavies 26 Feb 2021 17:38:19 8,234 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd wouldn't be shocked if a littlecloser to release they announce some kind of "upgrade" offer where you can pay so much to upgrade your plus version. Square love money.

Edited by richarddavies at 17:38:34 26-02-2021
  • SolidSCB 26 Feb 2021 17:39:23 16,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Rogueywon totally agree, they've done another Control with this.

Feel there will be a fair bit of missed business on not only the next installment, but the Yuffie DLC.

It still wouldn't surprise me to see this U-turned. When you look across the road at how gamepass is being handled, this sort of thing feels stuck in a byegone era in comparison.
  • SnackPlissken 26 Feb 2021 18:20:07 3,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    This whole upgrade process for PS5 is proper the shits. Why do they continually make it confusing.
    If youíve bought FFVIIR then you can get the free PS5 update.
    If you havenít bought it but do get the PSPlus version you canít get the free PS5 upgrade.
    Point is we shouldnít even be having this debate. And arguing they should give us the upgrade.
  • Derblington 26 Feb 2021 18:22:19 35,010 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I imagine youíll get the both the PS5 and Yuffie Ep when you purchase Integrade, so PSPlus users will only need to buy that. Itís just stopping them from playing the PS5 Remake without a purchase of some kind.

ed: ^ in response to solid.

Edited by Derblington at 18:25:05 26-02-2021
  • Derblington 26 Feb 2021 18:24:28 35,010 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    This whole upgrade process for PS5 is proper the shits. Why do they continually make it confusing.
    If youíve bought FFVIIR then you can get the free PS5 update.
    If you havenít bought it but do get the PSPlus version you canít get the free PS5 upgrade.
    Point is we shouldnít even be having this debate. And arguing they should give us the upgrade.
    It wasnít a debate? You said it was confusing, I explained it for you. There was no mention of what they should be doing in your post.
  • Dombat 26 Feb 2021 18:36:11 1,914 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    I imagine youíll get the both the PS5 and Yuffie Ep when you purchase Integrade, so PSPlus users will only need to buy that. Itís just stopping them from playing the PS5 Remake without a purchase of some kind.

I was going to suggest this. I think itís reasonable if thatís the case (subject to the DLC being priced appropriately).
  • Graxlar_v3 26 Feb 2021 18:47:24 11,059 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dombat wrote:
    Derblington wrote:

I was going to suggest this. I think itís reasonable if thatís the case (subject to the DLC being priced appropriately).
    I would be surprised if that was the case as you donít get to keep psplus games after your subscription ends.
  • SolidSCB 26 Feb 2021 18:49:11 16,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah I'd imagine that's the case. Just seems like it going to annoy more people than it's going to get to buy in that way, especially with the majority of other stuff offering instant upgrades.

and I get it's PS+, but I just did this with my PS+ Hitman 1 a few weeks ago with no problem at all.

Got my pre owned copy winging its way to me anyway. I'm sure I'll regret it when they announce the U-turn in a few weeks.
  • Derblington 26 Feb 2021 18:53:18 35,010 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Dombat wrote:
    Derblington wrote:

I would be surprised if that was the case as you donít get to keep psplus games after your subscription ends.
    How would that be different to any DLC bought for a PSPlus game?
  • Graxlar_v3 26 Feb 2021 19:57:09 11,059 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Dombat wrote:
    Derblington wrote:

How would that be different to any DLC bought for a PSPlus game?
    Well, I am assuming *big assumption* that if you get a free upgrade from the purchased version and no upgrade from the ps+ version, they would need to have a separate game for the ps+ to distinguish from it... a ff7remake ps plus edition if you will. If you would then allow people to upgrade to the ps5 ff7remake ps plus edition this is another instance of the game they would need to scrub if you lose access to ps+.
  • SolidSCB 26 Feb 2021 19:59:29 16,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    £70 for the standard edition then.

RAAAAA RETURNAL
  • Derblington 26 Feb 2021 20:50:57 35,010 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Iíd assume even in that case the underlying account licence would still live with the PSPlus PS4 version though, so removing that would lock the PS5 Integrade out of use.
  • SolidSCB 4 Mar 2021 10:10:36 16,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Having downloaded the PS+ version and realising my Cloud save has disappeared into the Lifestream. I've started a new game and I'm casually playing a Chapter an evening and really enjoying it again.

Also got to give them a bit more credit than I first did for the changes. They set the wheels in motion EARLY for how it all panned out by the end. Which is kinda obvious in one way but the foreshadowing can only really be seen in a second playthrough. I still don't totally agree with it, but I can't say they haven't woven it into the fabric of the game from the very opening chapters.
  • Humperfunk 9 Jun 2021 17:11:21 8,586 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If I own this digitally, as in the deluxe version purchased last year, anyone have any idea when I'm able to download the PS5 version? Launches tomorrow doesn't it? Just says "Unavailable", bah.
  • DakeyrasUK 9 Jun 2021 17:15:46 5,264 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Humperfunk I have the same question on physical.

My brother has the disc at the moment and want to know if I should collect tonight and get it installed or wait until tomorrow.
  • Humperfunk 9 Jun 2021 17:17:54 8,586 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah it's a bit annoying, download size is enormous so would be nice to get a head start overnight!
  • spookyxelectric 9 Jun 2021 17:21:05 532 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Same. I checked this morning, and have been for the past month or so. Unavailable. Also have it digitally.
  • DakeyrasUK 9 Jun 2021 20:24:32 5,264 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well I have just deleted a bunch of installed unplayed games (detroit become human, persona 5 and control-all free and just not yet got round to) as 130GB is not enough space to install the ps4 version 90GB version...

Hopefully, in the morning I can update it quickly enough and purchase the dlc to get to work and have it waiting for my return!
  • DakeyrasUK 10 Jun 2021 07:10:11 5,264 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Found the update this morning!

On the game tile click start, then game version. Select the ps5 deluxe edition. Then on that game screen click theb3 dots and click the free upgrade version!

The dlc is 16 quid. Looking forward to tonight!
  • Rogueywon 10 Jun 2021 08:00:14 11,963 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @DakeyrasUK Weirdly, that didn't work for me. Instead, I had to go into the store, select Integrade, then the "PS5 free update edition". I was on the US store, though, which may be why it was different. Got the Yuffie story downloading as well - I had seven cents more than the price of it on my US PSN account.
  • dominalien 10 Jun 2021 08:02:49 10,554 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I put it on this morning as well, will surely be ready by the time I get home. This is a full-fat PS5 upgrade, right? Not just a PS4 game with a PS5 codepath?
  • dfunked09 10 Jun 2021 08:37:24 2,077 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @dominalien
    Yeah, full fat native PS5 version. Just kicked off the download too. Can't remember which disc I put in (data disc?), but it doesn't seem to auto install the PS4 version but seems to be valid for a license check, so at least I've avoided that inevitable cock-up.
  • Rogueywon 10 Jun 2021 08:39:11 11,963 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I think they are taking the piss with that save transfer system.
  • SnackPlissken 10 Jun 2021 08:39:51 3,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So Yuffie is £16? Maybe I didn't read it right but I thought it was part of the whole PS5 upgrade.
  • breedob 10 Jun 2021 08:42:33 679 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Stupidly deleted the ps4 version the other day but still need it to upload your save to download to the ps5 version. Disaster!
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.