Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4! Page 79

Next Last
  • Tuffty 15 Jun 2021 13:13:36 4,933 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Sorry but that's information that should really just be in spoiler tags in general. I didn't know of this until now.

Regarding the first post that is, not to whatever is in that second post.

Edited by Tuffty at 13:14:22 15-06-2021
  • Psiloc 15 Jun 2021 13:18:22 6,345 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Sorry about that, I've just changed it into a link and spoilered it
  • Psiloc 15 Jun 2021 14:44:30 6,345 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:
    My theory now is that Zack is going to be a continual side story -perhaps playable - as he slowly catches up to Aerith and the rest of the gang and it threatens to be a big deal that he will eventually and accidentally blow Cloud's cover.

I still believe that for now, the story as far as the main party goes will continue more or less as normal, with Zack and Sephiroth being the ever present threat to the established sequence of events of the first game and for the plot to keep you on your toes. I think whenever it happens it will be Aerith who confirms it all for the party. Can't predict what will happen at that point.
    Actually... I think it may come to a head at the point in the story when Aerith would have died.
  • Rogueywon 15 Jun 2021 14:45:58 12,260 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Psiloc My guess after finishing the first game was that Cloud will die instead of Aerith at that that point.
  • Psiloc 15 Jun 2021 14:47:54 6,345 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Psiloc My guess after finishing the first game was that Cloud will die instead of Aerith at that that point.
    BECAUSE ZACK

One way or another, I'm certain it's going to come to a head there.

Good theory!

Edited by Psiloc at 14:49:11 15-06-2021
  • Graxlar_v3 15 Jun 2021 15:04:56 11,233 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Wouldnít really work. Aerith had to die because she was the last of the ancients and had the power to stop Spehiroths plan. This was framed as a big Cloud character moment. But the truth was, Sephiroth was here for Aerith not Cloud. I donít see how they can stop her death without the whole second half of the game just not existing
  • Rogueywon 15 Jun 2021 15:11:18 12,260 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Rogueywon 15 Jun 2021 15:11:20 12,260 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 That's the point at which they deviate massively from the original plot, which part 1 already threatens. Aerith's death is closer to 2/3rds of the way through the original, so it just leaves the back end to take a fresh track. Plus Sephiroth's motives seem different this time around.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 Jun 2021 15:27:47 11,233 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Rogueywon I wish I could put it past Nomura but.. yeah, anything can happen. I will say that it is about midway, I remember thinking it was later on in the game but a recent replay showed me I was wrong.
  • Psiloc 15 Jun 2021 16:18:03 6,345 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If we assume that both Sephiroth and Aerith know about the events of the previous game, I think the circumstances around her death are certain to be different. Even if the end result is the same, I think they will play with your expectations a lot

Edited by Psiloc at 16:18:14 15-06-2021
  • nickthegun 15 Jun 2021 16:27:30 87,514 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    My theory is that most of the things that were added or drastically changed in the new game were quite shit so my assumption is that, since it appeared to be the entire point of the ending, the further away from the original subsequent instalments get, the shitter they will be.

The fucking time ghosts were dreadful and if the whole point of them was to allow a new team to do whatever it likes with the OG characters, I'm probably done.

Although, on the whole, I did really enjoy it. I just thought the new stuff sucked goat wang.

Edited by nickthegun at 16:28:27 15-06-2021
  • Psiloc 17 Jun 2021 09:14:34 6,345 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Something occurred to me:

So in the new ending you're left to believe that Zack is arriving at the church at roughly the same time as the gang are leaving Midgar. However there's absolutely nothing to suggest that's the case; it could be completely out of sequence. In fact considering Zack's story it would be quite the coincidence.

All those people gathered in the church crying, Zack's downbeat "...Aerith?" - I'm actually pretty sure that everyone has just heard that she's died.
  • Rogueywon 17 Jun 2021 09:42:37 12,260 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Psiloc Aren't the people in the Church crying because a huge section of slums just got wiped out by a plate collapse?
  • Psiloc 17 Jun 2021 10:01:11 6,345 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    That's what I thought at first but it would be pretty out of kilter with how everyone else in the game reacted to that. I'm pretty sure you could go to the church at that point anyway and see that that's not the case.
  • Lexical 20 Jun 2021 16:42:20 170 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Started replaying this about a week ago on PS5 as my PS4 for some reason disappeared. It really is bloody good on PS5 and Iím looking forward to playing the DLC at some point as well.

Personally Iím not sure about what they will do with the story. Part of me thinks Nomura is just messing with us all.

I think the story will largely play out the same, it will have too or it wonít make much sense. I suspect there will be odd deviations and some things will be extended further.

I just think they are using the extra time in each game to flesh out some of the characters more - for example the importance of Zak.

I really canít wait to play the next partÖ But god itís going to be years isnít it :(
  • Psiloc 20 Jun 2021 16:52:02 6,345 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yep, part two hasnít even been officially announced yet so the five year wait hasnít even begun :)
  • BreadBinLidHero 21 Jun 2021 23:10:16 10,743 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Will they ever finish it?
  • Tuffty 22 Jun 2021 07:49:34 4,933 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The music in the DLC is delightful. Pretty sure the same metal band that did music for DMC3 and 4 is in it singing about the happy turtle. Also this jazz music in the section I'm in is so Bebop-esque it works so well.
  • Rogueywon 22 Jun 2021 08:40:24 12,260 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    BreadBinLidHero wrote:
    Will they ever finish it?
    Part 2 as a Switch-only visual novel in 2025. Part 3 as a mobile gatcha-game in 2029.
  • papalazar0u 26 Jun 2021 10:38:27 267 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just started playing the PS+ version on my PS5, absolutely loving it but really want the upgrade for the 60fps. Assuming if I buy a second hand disc version (think CEX have them for £22) then Iíll be able to get the free upgrade, just wondered if having the PS+ version on my account might block it?
  • richyroo 26 Jun 2021 17:21:13 646 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    papalazar0u wrote:
    Just started playing the PS+ version on my PS5, absolutely loving it but really want the upgrade for the 60fps. Assuming if I buy a second hand disc version (think CEX have them for £22) then Iíll be able to get the free upgrade, just wondered if having the PS+ version on my account might block it?
    I dont see why the PS+ version would block it. Should be fine
  • papalazar0u 26 Jun 2021 17:26:41 267 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @richyroo yeah i looked on Reddit and found a couple of posts suggesting it would work so went and bought it and itís fine. Downloading the PS5 upgrade now.
  • richyroo 27 Jun 2021 09:36:07 646 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    papalazar0u wrote:
    @richyroo yeah i looked on Reddit and found a couple of posts suggesting it would work so went and bought it and itís fine. Downloading the PS5 upgrade now.
    Excellent. Enjoy
  • Humperfunk 27 Jun 2021 20:04:49 8,623 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just finished the Intermission thing.

I didn't think a huge amount of the main game, a 7/10 really, but massively regret paying for that. Added nothing and was basically a battle arena for the second chapter.

Will I buy the second game whenever it comes out? Of course, because I love FFVII and I'm a fucking idiot.
  • DakeyrasUK 1 Jul 2021 21:51:24 5,305 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Humperfunk that's disappointing to read...

I'm just now done on chapter 10 hard mode. 8 more to go, then I shall play as Yuffie.
  • Humperfunk 1 Jul 2021 23:47:16 8,623 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's just me though mate, if you enjoy the main game I suspect you will enjoy the DLC!
  • JoelStinty 2 Jul 2021 07:54:26 9,526 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I finished the dlc yesterday and I can see why Humperfunk felt like that. The second chapter is just a prolonged battle area but I quite enjoyed it (would give the main game a very good 8 but recognised its flaws). It didnít bother me too much like other games have because I guess I like the window dressing. Like the main game itís characterisation of the cast you know and love is great and I spent the entire time grinning from ear to ear. The effort they spent on the writing and animation etc is outstanding. The game knows it as well recognising how ridiculously good yuffieís facial expressions are. Itís almost like a victory lap for the animation crew. Itís great.

Clocked in at 5 1/2 hours. Combat is fun and offers something a bit different from the main game, almost feels like DMC in parts (believe it the same battle director). It enough to feel different from the main game, but I wish they had a quick tutorial to help players pick up where they left off. Eventually got there remembering how to evade and guard and to be fair you donít have to spend much time in the menus or assigning materia.

Think itís worth a punt, grew quite attached to Sonon and Yuffie which is good considering how little time you spend with them. Probably worth the money for the after credit scenes alone to be honest. Fucking hyped haha.

Edited by JoelStinty at 07:55:27 02-07-2021
  • The12thMonkey 2 Jul 2021 10:07:50 597 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @JoelStinty Pretty much where I was at with it, as well. I struggled to like Yuffie as a character in the original, so I appreciated the effort spent on her in this DLC.
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.