Following Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4! Page 2

• Lexical 1 Aug 2014 16:32:48 83 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Whilst FF7 is still without a doubt my favourite game of all time, the sheer amount of work to re-create a game like that for todays consoles would take years and years... And years.

Not sure i want them to remake it to be honest.

What Square should do however is make games like that again. FF13 was terrible really... Time to go back to their roots!
  • zirothos 8 Sep 2014 16:17:40 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Iím a fan of the final fantasy series. I sure love to see a FF7 remake not a remaster.
    Why a remake? It simple, because the game is a bit easy to begin with. I would like the same game but with harder stuff. The story it perfect all ready. The game just need a new look. Ďíjust take the stuff they did from the movie. (I mean the city is already in pure HD version and a part of the map is in the movie.

Many donít like the full movie game and I donít like it too. The game need to stay a long game play with little video just like the original. But only put the main video in full animation with voice. But only for the video not in game. We donít want to mess up to much the voice acting of the Character.

The combat style of the game need to stay the same with some new add-on. The music can be more orchestral or more aggressive just a bit, but keep the same song with remaster version.
    If they take some information from the movie and all the game like crisis core they already have a lot of map with better graphic to start with.

In the end Ė Upgrade the graphic
    - Upgrade de music
    - Upgrade the movie
    - Harder difficulty
    - A longer game with the same story line, but keep it an open world as possible just like the original game.
    - Upgrade the Graphic to match a ps4 capability
    - Donít mess the voice acting
    - Upgrade the materia system
    - Put new mini game xD (why not)
    - Make a totally new racing mode for chocobo
    - Make a new sim chocobo care system
    - And make New Style Tower defender for the condor fight.

I think that all to make the game perfect

Edited by zirothos at 16:19:28 08-09-2014
  • SolidSCB 8 Sep 2014 16:28:37 11,415 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If they ever do remake this, I hope people realise that it will be a bastardised action/RPG hybrid that practically runs on rails to give it that 'movie feel'. It would be a complete train wreck.
  • karlo87 8 Sep 2014 16:31:09 1,859 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is locked away in a safe high upon SE headquarters for when they're facing bankruptcy.
  • Psiloc 8 Sep 2014 16:31:53 5,152 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Advent Children Complete is different enough that it's worth a look even if you hated the original cut. Lots more character development.
  • Psiloc 8 Sep 2014 16:33:30 5,152 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    If they ever do remake this, I hope people realise that it will be a bastardised action/RPG hybrid that practically runs on rails to give it that 'movie feel'. It would be a complete train wreck.
    And I completely and utterly agree with this.
  • SolidSCB 8 Sep 2014 16:33:51 11,415 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    karlo87 wrote:
    This is locked away in a safe high upon SE headquarters for when they're facing bankruptcy.
    and exactly this. You won't see this game until SE need a last throw at the dice.
  • zirothos 8 Sep 2014 17:08:15 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    why is every one hate advent children so much.i know the voice acting suck but the animation is still nice and and city it self is well made. they all ready have the 3d character made on the movie that can be use in the game later. even a part of the city from the ''movie from crisis core'' they have a bunch of material in animation that can be use later for ps4 project.

About SE you know they have a major money problem... that y they delay FF15 and kingdom heart 3... if the game does'nt do good they will need some thing fast.

Edited by zirothos at 17:12:02 08-09-2014
  • zirothos 8 Sep 2014 17:13:13 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FF7 remake is the only thing that can make SE back on track.
  • pacrifice 8 Sep 2014 19:10:58 4,821 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    Fuck me, I thought school had started again?
    It has but after the final year, they don't want to go to college so here they are..
  • karlo87 8 Sep 2014 19:15:59 1,859 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I remember I really enjoyed Advent Children, but maybe that was because I got it when I was in college and me and my friends rushed home to watch it with folded donners and beer.
  • JoelStinty 8 Sep 2014 19:27:16 8,070 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Yeah i fear that would happen.

Personally, for 9, all they need to do is use the braverly default engine. The artwork is pretty similar.

For me that the thing, i just wan't redrawn versions of these games. No being 3d, keep the 2d plains etc. They're great games, and i would hate for future players to play a bastardisation of them.
  • Psiloc 16 Sep 2014 14:16:20 5,152 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Are there any halfway decent mods for the PC version that EG recommends? There's masses available on Google - almost an over-abundance - but all the ones I've come across are really tacky.
  • Rivuzu 16 Sep 2014 14:20:18 18,205 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    I believe they'll call it Crisis Core, and all clocks would reset to 2007.
  • FrostPan 16 Sep 2014 14:44:24 1,616 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Crisis Core was utter shite, the movie was average and I haven't played that Vincent spin-off game, but I'll go with the popular review that the game wasn't very good anyway. So Square, don't bother.
  • TAJB 16 Sep 2014 14:44:41 1,221 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @rivuzu I gave up on Final Fantasy after XIII. Doubt a 7 remake/reboot/remaster/wankfest would interest me. Downloaded the original on PSN and I'm happy with that.

Is it just me or is the cross-dressing quest boring as hell to do?
  • FrostPan 16 Sep 2014 14:47:44 1,616 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Considering that it doesn't take very long to do, no.
  • Rivuzu 16 Sep 2014 14:55:20 18,205 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You can't beat a dead horse/prostitute forever.
  • TAJB 16 Sep 2014 15:08:36 1,221 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I always just wanna blitz through and get some good old fashioned ginding done.
  • FrostPan 15 Jun 2015 18:42:17 1,616 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/15/final-fantasy-7-remake-rumoured-for-ps4/

Rumour?

Edited by FrostPan at 18:47:11 15-06-2015
  • Humperfunk 15 Jun 2015 18:48:55 8,007 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    "This wonít just be a port, itís a full remake. Apparently the game will be similar in style to Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children, or Dissidia Final Fantasy."

So they're remaking it as a film or a beat em up? Pass.
  • drhickman1983 15 Jun 2015 18:49:14 6,033 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If the rumour is true (lol), I lost interest when it mentioned in the style of Advent Children.
  • SomaticSense 15 Jun 2015 18:57:32 15,062 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    GAF is blowing up right now over a post from a user suggesting SE started developing it a few months ago.

He was obviously assumed to be a troll, until a mod confirmed his sources to be legit and trustworthy. Cue GAF explosion. Can't link because I'm using the PS4's shitty browser (and well, it's GAF...)

Could it be? (Probably not)

Either way, welcome to E3!

Edited by SomaticSense at 18:58:19 15-06-2015
  • SolidSCB 15 Jun 2015 19:03:06 11,415 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    I am ready to claim my five pounds.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.