Following Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4! Page 32

• SolidSCB 13 Jun 2019 14:13:46 11,420 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Re summons: Some of them are DLC. So as well as dividing the original into separate chunks to sell to us, some of the content is locked behind a paywall too. Cynical as fuck really.
  • Rhaegyr 13 Jun 2019 14:24:02 4,815 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just had a quick read of this - seems like the DLC summons are ones that weren't in the original game in the first place (Carbuncle, Cerberus).

Not like that makes me any more hyped :|
  • The12thMonkey 13 Jun 2019 14:33:17 543 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I could see the world map ending up a little like Final Fantasy XV's overworld. There's not actually a vast amount to FF7's world map, but so many iconic moments are played out there - especially the weapon raid on Midgar. Just so long as it's not stuff with fetch quests..

Anyway, I like what we've seen out of E3.
  • Psiloc 13 Jun 2019 14:35:02 5,158 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Again if nothing else, FFXV proves they're not incapable of developing an open world.

Outside of Midgar the vast majority of towns were one single pre-rendered background with a handful of small houses or shops that you could enter; with a modern lens this would resemble the smaller towns that littered the FFXV world in my opinion.

Personally I've got a feeling that part two is going to be an open world of the eastern continent, ending after the fight with Jenova on the ship.
  • Psiloc 13 Jun 2019 15:19:43 5,158 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SonShine wrote:
    I wouldn’t mind them shaking up the story too, because let’s face it, it was no masterpiece.
    Hey now, SonShine...
  • Joyless_Man 13 Jun 2019 15:38:56 276 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Christ.
  • FrostPan 13 Jun 2019 15:40:28 1,616 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's definitely disappointing that the first installment will only be Midgar. But I am excited on the new story scenarios that will be added in. The new Jessie scenes look promising, I can see them fleshing out the character development with
    the rest of the AVALANCHE crew too.

Anyone got it pre-ordered?
  • ChiefGB 13 Jun 2019 16:07:19 11,338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FrostPan wrote:
    Anyone got it pre-ordered?
    Don’t be silly 🤣🤣
  • SolidSCB 13 Jun 2019 16:49:45 11,420 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm definitely interested. It does look really, really good but I think they need to stop proclaiming it as a 'remake'. It's a reboot at best and I think they've pretty much completely missed the mark when it comes to what the loud, 20 year-long cries for a remake were all about in the first place.
  • Darknight 13 Jun 2019 16:56:01 333 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @SolidSCB I do wonder how long it'll take some clever modder to take the assets from this and drape them over the bones of the original game to show what the classic remake that some are clamouring for may have looked like!
  • FrostPan 14 Jun 2019 20:44:42 1,616 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Producer Yoshinori Kitase talks FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE
  • FrostPan 19 Jun 2019 08:07:47 1,616 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some new interesting info:

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has an interview with Final Fantasy VII Remake director Testuya Nomura, who shares various new details about the game.

Here are the noteworthy tidbits:

The watchmen of fate (the black mist in the trailer) are mysterious beings that appear before the party wherever they go. I hope that even those who have played the original game will enjoy the new elements.
    There are quite a bit of dialogue options. We are making it so the dialogue changes depending on your response, so the sheer volume of dialogue has increased.
    The Honey Bee Inn cross-dressing event is still in. We’ve made it more modern. If we made the facility like we did in the original game, the physical unease would be staggering, so that was no good…
    There are quite a few additions to the scenario. While the main story itself hasn’t changed, there are a countless number of new events. Otherwise we wouldn’t have two Blu-ray discs. (Laughs.)
    Aerith and Tifa are double heroines. One has a western-style look and the other an eastern-style look.
    We wanted Tifa to have abs, so she has an athletic body type. The ethics department at Square Enix also told us that we had to tighten her chest as not to get unnatural during all the intense action. From there we got the black underwear and fitted tank top.
    With an emphasis on immersion and exhilaration, you can fight without stress through the use of shortcuts. When you open the command menu, time slows and you can fight like a command battle.
    Each playable character has different enemy affinities.
    An item is required for MP recovery.
    For the sake of level design, we’re preparing a few new enemies where necessary.
    Source.

Watchman of Fate? That should be interesting. Glad dialogue choices are back.
  • Psiloc 19 Jun 2019 10:58:10 5,158 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SonShine wrote:
    Psiloc wrote:
    SonShine wrote:
    I wouldn’t mind them shaking up the story too, because let’s face it, it was no masterpiece.
    Hey now, SonShine...
    It had moments of greatness, and was wonderfully odd in places. But it did seem a bit of a confused mess towards the end, or at least seemed so to my young mind. Or was it the translation?
    Yeah the original translation really didn't help in that regard. But in your defence that's a legitimate complaint.

If you're so inclined there's an extremely well received fan re-translation called "Beacause" that's well worth a look.
  • Psiloc 19 Jun 2019 11:00:05 5,158 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago

Look at all that. It's pretty encouraging how many best in show awards it won this year, surely.
  • SnackPlissken 19 Jun 2019 11:47:48 1,141 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm happy with slowing down time. I'd rather plan my attacks than just run around like a loon.
  • ChocNut 19 Jun 2019 17:35:42 2,465 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Amazon informed me that my order (from 2015) now has an ETA (March 2020).

Been waiting a while for this! I hope I live to play the complete game.
  • JoelStinty 19 Jun 2019 17:51:34 8,073 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:
    SonShine wrote:
    Psiloc wrote:
    SonShine wrote:
    Hey now, SonShine...
    It had moments of greatness, and was wonderfully odd in places. But it did seem a bit of a confused mess towards the end, or at least seemed so to my young mind. Or was it the translation?
    Yeah the original translation really didn't help in that regard. But in your defence that's a legitimate complaint.

If you're so inclined there's an extremely well received fan re-translation called "Beacause" that's well worth a look.
    The story and themes were pretty good in FF7. The promising thing is they now have the time to explore them even more. I kind of hope they have looked at Yakuza and Persona (only played Zero and 5 respectively) and see what they could do. On the other hand those games are heavy with narrative and i wouldn't want them to make FF7 to be too bogged down in dealing with its themes, but at the same time, those games make me optimistic that they could do a really good job, modern japanese games (Even old ones to be fair) are far more successful with detailing narratives in games.

I'm hoping we get to see a lot more of Wedge, Biggs and Jesse before shit happens. (If they do!)
  • ChiefGB 19 Jun 2019 23:10:52 11,338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well sounds like the cross dressing is still in, which is nice.
  • drhickman1983 20 Jun 2019 08:05:37 6,040 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's actually quite a nice indication that they haven't removed all the sillier aspects, which is good.
  • ChiefGB 20 Jun 2019 10:18:40 11,338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes that’s some of what sets the original apart.
  • Psiloc 20 Jun 2019 11:08:40 5,158 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I just can't believe that it's actually not looking like a complete shit show

After XIII and version 1.0 of FFXIV I had genuinely lost all faith in SE and the FF series, but they've really brought me back on board this gen
  • SolidSCB 20 Jun 2019 11:09:08 11,420 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    On the flip side, it's a good 15-20% of the content of an area that they are now stretching out into a 2 Blu-ray game, so it wouldn't be very prudent of them to remove anything.
  • elstoof 20 Jun 2019 11:11:03 23,932 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just hope there’s none of the shit they added for crisis core
  • Ror 20 Jun 2019 11:58:03 18,822 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I wouldn't mind if they dragged a couple of pieces of Crisis Core music in, like The Price of Freedom, or The Burdened. But generally, I'd like them to stay away from the Compilation stuff.

EDIT Actually, I'm fine if they want to look at Last Order for the Nibelheim escape stuff.

Edited by Ror at 11:59:10 20-06-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Jun 2019 15:49:07 7,716 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Having started ff7 again recently, I have left Midgar at 5 hours and 7 minutes.

Outside of making you go through every floor of Shinra towers (and maybe adding another 30 or 40 floors) I don’t see how they can have enough content for 2 blu rays.

Also, summons??? We don’t get summons yet.
  • SolidSCB 23 Jun 2019 15:54:33 11,420 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just need to stop looking at it as a remake. It's not a remake. It looks really great in its own right but it has also sort of missed the point at the same time.
  • elstoof 23 Jun 2019 16:03:45 23,932 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:

Also, summons??? We don’t get summons yet.
    Yeah, no summons until Chocobo Ranch, but if you pay just £25 you can improve your experience by gaining KotR as exclusive DLC right from the first reactor raid!
  • thelzdking 23 Jun 2019 19:55:27 9,522 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You only see a small part of Midgar in the original game, so they may have just expanded it. If be happy with a big Midgar with side quests and whatnot.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.