Following Everybody's Golf PS4 Page 18

• boo 4 Sep 2017 11:17:56 13,512 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Doh! Forgot you needed a Playstation Plus account / licence thing to play online.
    All signed up now. If I've got time I'll see if anyone's around tonight for a first online game.

Is it much like MarioKart Wii (which is pretty much my only online escapade other than WoW), where someone sets up a room and invited guests play each other, or is it just a worldwide free for all? I'm sure I'll figure it out...
  • y2rich 4 Sep 2017 12:42:50 3,491 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So started the post credits rank last night and what utter BS that was. AI had a hole in one, a chip in eagle from 170ish yards and hit a shot from bare ground 240+ yards to 6" from the hole in the first 3 holes.
  • [maven] 4 Sep 2017 13:11:41 5,614 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The first two are pretty basic (first course: easy, second: some hills and no LoS), the next ones do have risky short-cuts and the like.

I'm quite enjoying it, but it seems to be a bad game to "hammer", but rather one to be enjoyed in smaller doses. I did grind up to Rank 5 over the weekend, but interspersed with some item collecting on the Online Courses.

Serious Mode is quite tense, so I stuck to relaxed mode (and always picked the shorter tournaments for more unlocks).
  • MilkmanHero 4 Sep 2017 13:20:06 24 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    claypool wrote:
    @MilkmanHero How much difference is there between a fully maxed out standard club set such as Big Air and a fully maxed out custom club set?

Does it hit further and better or does it just let you distribute the points more evenly than what you're given with the normal clubs?
    You can't add points to big air etc they come with a preset number of points, you can put a lot more points into the custom sets, there is no comparison unfortunately, you pretty much eventually will have to go custom :(
  • claypool 4 Sep 2017 13:38:24 166 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @MilkmanHero Gems are pretty easy to get so I don't mind going custom clubs now.

Actually looking foward to unlocking them :)
  • X201 4 Sep 2017 20:14:23 19,180 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Managed to birdie every hole but one on an official 18 hole round :)
  • Ceelion 5 Sep 2017 11:10:12 511 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Picked this up last night and having a wonderful time.

PSN: Ceelions if anyone wants to put me in the first page.
    Have we got a community to start some online games?
  • The_Goon 5 Sep 2017 12:44:50 1,223 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I forgot that you can skip the ball across water if you topspin it. Pleasant surprise last night!
  • Trowel 5 Sep 2017 12:50:22 22,485 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    There's a trophy for it too!
  • X201 5 Sep 2017 13:35:24 19,180 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    But only in an official round
  • Duckbum 6 Sep 2017 12:36:14 98 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The graphics are worse than the PS3 version, it's horrendously grindy and yet I'm sitting at work counting the hours until I can get back on the fairways.

What a series, loved it for nearly 20 years now...
  • Frogofdoom 6 Sep 2017 12:49:00 12,989 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Graphics arent worse than the ps3 version, at least not on the pro. They arent amazing or anything but at times it looks quite nice. The Beach course in the evening for example.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 12:49:47 06-09-2017
  • myiagros 6 Sep 2017 13:02:30 1,411 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Does anyone else have issues with the frame rate when playing online?
    At times it seems to drop to, at a guess I would say to less than 20fps, which makes timing impact a lot more tricky.

The graphics are basic but functional. Could do with better AA, and the level of detail in some of the course side props is shockingly low (it reminded me of Wii Sports) in places.

I love this game though, even given these issues, and the unwelcome move to a more micro-transaction based design.

Also does anyone understand how the red hare and turtle symbols work for impact?
    It seems the impact just outside of the optimal range is punished substantially more harshly than that timed even worse.
    I.e. if you are going to mess up your impact timing, you are better messing it up properly, rather than by just a little.
  • GeezaTap 6 Sep 2017 13:02:44 350 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Can I please be added to the first page as well?

PSN: MJG224

Can't believe some people have finished the single player already - I've enjoyed a fair few hours in Serious Mode and still only on Rank 5.
  • AccidentProne 6 Sep 2017 13:06:30 1,359 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    myiagros wrote:
    At times it seems to drop to, at a guess I would say to less than 20fps, which makes timing impact a lot more tricky.
    The frame rate is awful online for me too. Doesn't seem to affect my shot timing too much, but walking / driving around the course is painful and headache inducing.
  • Trowel 6 Sep 2017 13:14:34 22,485 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I've not yet worked out why the picture doesn't even fill the screen. Is it just me?!
  • Frogofdoom 6 Sep 2017 13:26:35 12,989 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No it doesn't fit mine either.

The frame rate is alright on the pro, it drops briefly as the course first appears but then is fine. Someone messaged me the other day to ask if mine was tanking in the rain but it was fine where as his wasn't.
  • Gaol 6 Sep 2017 14:09:56 3,436 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    myiagros wrote:

The graphics are basic but functional. Could do with better AA, and the level of detail in some of the course side props is shockingly low (it reminded me of Wii Sports) in places.

I love this game though, even given these issues, and the unwelcome move to a more micro-transaction based design.

Also does anyone understand how the red hare and turtle symbols work for impact?
    It seems the impact just outside of the optimal range is punished substantially more harshly than that timed even worse.
    I.e. if you are going to mess up your impact timing, you are better messing it up properly, rather than by just a little.
    You will hook or slice more for a red zone than a pink, though this is different from the impact on the cub head caused by sway and shown on the bottom left of the UI. In fact, sometimes they can counteract each other. The impact marker is affected by control stat, whether you back spin the ball, as well as timing - it's caused a bit of controversy as previous EG's had much less variance when you got to decent clubs and characters.

The online frame rare was goosed in the last patch. I still don't understand the point of the open courses - case in point, you were on the same course as me last night but probably didn't notice. There is no real cause or means of interacting.
  • cowell 6 Sep 2017 14:23:23 1,867 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Couple of new additions to the player list on page 1
  • thumbgoals 6 Sep 2017 16:23:23 31 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • thumbgoals 6 Sep 2017 16:23:23 31 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Playing on a base PS4 and the online corse in the rain a couple of days ago had a shocking frame rate. I usually find that the frame rate sorts itself somewhat once loaded by the rain seemed to totally kill it.
  • myiagros 6 Sep 2017 17:07:19 1,411 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Gaol Thanks, I think it must be the effect of sway which I was overlooking, and causing me problems when my impact timing is a little off.
    I will have a play around later an see if I can work out what is going on with that gauge, as I haven't paid it much attention, and don't think it was in previous games.

I am quite enjoying doing a daily round to stick on a scoreboard, but the presence of other player seems pretty irrelevant.

I haven't worked out what the hell the separate 10 person "Rivals" leader board is for.

What sort of percentage are most people on here getting for perfect impact?
    I think mine is about 27% which is not great. Pretty much all of the rest of the time it is in the pink zone on one side or other.
    Strangely I seemed to be nailing my super backspin shots much more consistently on day 1, than I am at the moment. Despite the fact the game only just told me I had unlocked it.
  • Ghibli 6 Sep 2017 18:36:01 257 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @myiagros I'm now a fair bit over 50% but to start with I was around the same as you. A friend advised me to check if my tv was on game mode, which it wasn't. My TV had been updated and there was new set of modes for HDR, the tv detected the hdr signal and chose a different mode.

I switched hdr off, game mode back on and ended up wayyyyy more accurate with impacts. The tv had been introducing processing lag of quite substantial proportions. There's a hdr game mode but I can't be faffed setting it all up right now.

May not be your issue, but might be worth looking at. The difference was so drastic, I had to retrain myself to the new timings once game mode was back on.

Edited by Ghibli at 18:38:51 06-09-2017
  • scoobysi 6 Sep 2017 20:42:13 1,456 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    thumbgoals wrote:
    Playing on a base PS4 and the online corse in the rain a couple of days ago had a shocking frame rate. I usually find that the frame rate sorts itself somewhat once loaded by the rain seemed to totally kill it.
    Yep, optimisation is a bit crap, surely this shouldn't be causing a PS4 problems.
  • boo 6 Sep 2017 23:38:26 13,512 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm on Rank 3 at the moment and I've won every tournament / match I've played in so far. I'm hoping it gets a bit more challenging soon.

Quick question - I'm still using the original set of clubs, and so the power / control etc levels have been moving up for the individual clubs. It looks like I've got access to other sets (Spin-something?), which are presumably better. If you start using them, does the level transfer across, i.e. If I have a level 4 Pitching Wedge, will the new one also be a level 4, or do you start again from scratch?
  • Deleted user 6 September 2017 23:56:10
    No all the club's level up together regardless of the club's you pick.
  • bjornmorrison 7 Sep 2017 03:18:58 5 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @boo if you feel it's too easy, switch to Serious Mode (square at club selection screen) for a harder AI challenge, with 1.5X XP.
  • boo 7 Sep 2017 06:31:08 13,512 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Cheers both!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.