Following Everybody's Golf PS4 Page 20

Next Last
  • CompetitiveDad 24 Sep 2017 12:37:51 8,155 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I can't understand the lack of friends challenges, longest drives, nearest to the pin etc for each hole.. I mean such a basic ommision.
  • Birdorf 24 Sep 2017 16:42:05 355 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's the gem grind that has killed it for me. I wouldn't mind if you could earn while golfing, but I don't want to go hunting for them, I've read that the upgraded clubs break too, so it's a never ending collectathon.

Really regret buying it now, feels like the devs are just taking the piss.
  • claypool 24 Sep 2017 17:10:28 166 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You can get them by competing in the special tournaments, I've only hunted them out a few times on the courses and I've already got over 60 gems.

You don't even have to win them, I came 16th in one just earlier and got 5 gems.

Edited by claypool at 17:11:52 24-09-2017
  • GeezaTap 24 Sep 2017 20:16:44 350 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Rank 7 VS keep plugging away, you end up playing the kart license guy (Boris?) again and if you beat him you get a faster kart:)
  • Trowel 24 Sep 2017 21:55:52 22,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Similar for fishing. But one a day? It's practically killed the end game for me.
  • Trowel 1 Oct 2017 21:54:37 22,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ah Albert, how nice to see you finally! :)
  • cowell 10 Oct 2017 08:28:43 1,922 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Played this for a bit last night while I waited for the last part of the GT Sport demo to download.

Man I love this series but this feels like such a missed opportunity. For all of the additional stuff they've chucked in, it all feels kinda soulless and empty. I don't regret the purchase as it was only £30 and I will play it from time to time, but only a very significant update could salvage this game.
  • The_Goon 10 Oct 2017 09:51:26 1,297 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've all but dumped it to be honest. Why would I fire it up when I can just play Rocket League which is much more fun? Glad I bought the game on disc frankly. I may sell it on and rebuy later when it's cheaper.
  • Trowel 10 Oct 2017 09:54:38 22,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The end game is a fucking grind. I've only got a few trophies left to do, but the secret characters alone depends on playing 120 tournaments and hitting three condors (Alpina hole 17, if you haven't already found it). Game play is terrific which keeps me hanging on, but it's not a patch on the Vita version.
  • cowell 10 Oct 2017 10:40:33 1,922 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    The end game is a fucking grind. I've only got a few trophies left to do, but the secret characters alone depends on playing 120 tournaments and hitting three condors (Alpina hole 17, if you haven't already found it). Game play is terrific which keeps me hanging on, but it's not a patch on the Vita version.
    The aspirations of the Vita version were quite modest, but actually it was the better game :(
  • Trowel 20 Oct 2017 21:16:42 22,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So this turned out to be a decent shot...
  • X201 20 Oct 2017 21:41:53 19,249 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Five albatrosses to get a secret character!!
    I haven't even got one :(
  • Trowel 20 Oct 2017 22:44:02 22,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I got my albatrosses on hole 17 on Kanaloa Beach on the open course - once you have your custom 1w up to 350y+ you can drive the green in the right conditions, using the street down the middle of the buildings on the left, making a condor possible. I've never made the condor, but if your drive reaches the end of the road you get a free drop with a pretty simple chip in opportunity for albatross.

That hole in one being my 5th albatross was coincidence, nice way to get it :)

I've almost filled the gallery, and then to get close to the platinum the condor grind has to begin... ��
  • boo 20 Oct 2017 22:50:35 13,516 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I do like this - not got too far with it so far - but one thing that bugs me is is the 'bonus' that appears 'somewhere' after you beat a challenger. Found the first couple, but then got one that seems impossible to find. Getting a bit annoyed with the reminder that keeps popping up now.
  • boo 5 Nov 2017 01:23:20 13,516 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Question.

When you're putting, depending on distance to the hole, you'll either be given a putter with a max distance of 15ft, 30ft or 60ft. There doesn't seem to be any way of changing between these - R1 & L1 has no effect. A few times now, I've had something like a 14.8ft uphill putt and been given the 15ft putter, and there's no way you can hit the ball hard enough.

Anyone know how to swap the putter / max distance?
  • Gaol 5 Nov 2017 01:45:31 3,446 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    boo wrote:
    Question.

When you're putting, depending on distance to the hole, you'll either be given a putter with a max distance of 15ft, 30ft or 60ft. There doesn't seem to be any way of changing between these - R1 & L1 has no effect. A few times now, I've had something like a 14.8ft uphill putt and been given the 15ft putter, and there's no way you can hit the ball hard enough.

Anyone know how to swap the putter / max distance?
    I think it's square to go up to the next power level Boo. Whatever the power shot button is.
  • boo 5 Nov 2017 02:12:09 13,516 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Cheers! I'll try that.
  • Tuffty 5 Nov 2017 17:06:34 4,344 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    boo wrote:
    I do like this - not got too far with it so far - but one thing that bugs me is is the 'bonus' that appears 'somewhere' after you beat a challenger. Found the first couple, but then got one that seems impossible to find. Getting a bit annoyed with the reminder that keeps popping up now.
    For something like that, there's absolutely no shame looking up the location for them on YouTube. Annoyed the hell out of me in FFXV.
  • boo 5 Nov 2017 17:28:42 13,516 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ah! Do they appear in fixed location then? I did finally locate the missing item the other day, though I'd swear I've walked through that spot a dozen times or more.

On the upside, got my first hole in one this week!

Are people still playing online? I usually go and play the bonus course each day, but it would be good to play a few EGers if anyone's still up for a game.
  • TheBear 5 Nov 2017 17:40:59 4,722 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd love a reason to dive back into this, why the hell have they still not introduced proper online tournaments etc?
  • claypool 9 Nov 2017 10:30:01 166 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Big patch coming on the 20th which includes online tournaments and a new DLC course.

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/5989/20171109-newmingol.html

Edited by claypool at 10:31:32 09-11-2017
  • Gregolution 9 Nov 2017 10:35:23 9,369 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I haven't played this much because I got bored playing the same course over and over. Finally unlocked a new course, went back to the tournament dude and he still only listed the first course?!

Wtf is going on? When does the second course appear in the tournament list? Seems I can only find it at that solo stroke play section.
  • boo 9 Nov 2017 12:30:16 13,516 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I've made it to Rank 7 / Special and now have access to Custom Clubs, which apparently have to be paid for with S Tokens (get them at the Playstation Store - nope, I don't do in game purchases if I can help it), or gems.

Any idea where I find these gems, or do I have to pay for them too?

Also, the 'revenge' characters. WTF? I don't mind losing if I screw up, but when my opponent scores two Eagles on the trot by sinking shots from 120+ yards, one with over 10 feet of backspin on it, I start to think someone's taking the mickey.
  • claypool 9 Nov 2017 12:47:33 166 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Find gems on the open courses.. every open course has one hole that is surrounded by coins, gems, balls and items.

Usually a hole has 2 gems, sometimes 3. You can also get them by participating in the level 7 tournaments.

Pretty easy to get actually and they stack up quicker than you think.

I don't use my custom club all, it makes the game far too easy, thankfully they've just announced that when online tournaments are released they will have ball and club restrictions.
  • Trowel 9 Nov 2017 14:34:53 22,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    There are only ever 2 gems to pick up on the course, but each pickup can be worth up to 3 gems each (if that makes sense). Same with coins - a single coin can be worth 30.

Also there's a pattern to which holes have the bonuses - basically every 10th hole.

So if the Eagle out course bonus is on hole 3, the bonus on Eagle in is hole 13, then Alpina out is hole 5 (easier to think of Eagle hole 3 +2), in is hole 15, Kanaloa out is hole 7... etc etc (when it's hole 9 on an out its hole 10 on the in).

I farmed for a while and was getting around 40 gems in half an hour (I have one of the DLC courses).

Got a second custom club in a few days which is at +23 power and goes 376y - I even had the longest drive record on one of the online holes a couple of days ago!
  • boo 9 Nov 2017 18:44:03 13,516 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Cheers. Normally I play a set of nine when I go online, which doesn't let you wander about. I'll try playing some single holes and see what I can find.
  • gamecat 13 Apr 2018 18:15:08 854 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I never really played this much, didn't grab me in the same way the Vita version did. It's OK I guess, if you don't have a Vita.
  • Trowel 1 Apr 2019 20:12:23 22,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I know no-one here plays this any more... except me and my 3 year old son :)

He loves driving around the open courses, particularly the Alpine courses - it's a weekend treat I've been letting him do for a few months.

I always found it interesting how many Japanese players are still active - there are groups who meet on a regular basis, quite funny seeing them all politely sat down in a circle.

Then yesterday we noticed a new place for their meeting... on the roof of one of the tallest buildings. WFT? Couldn't work it out.

Then eventually it twigged.

There was a new free cart added on Thursday, and it's fucking ace to drive... it's a gyrocopter :D :D :D

• ChiefGB 1 Apr 2019 22:29:30 10,841 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Actually I bought this just the other week, havenít put a great deal of time into it but itís decent.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.