Following The Apple Watch Page 61

• nickthegun 3 Nov 2016 09:28:08 83,748 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Thinking of buying a cock ring nick. Any tips?
    Just the one you hang it off
  • ISmoke 3 Nov 2016 09:42:43 1,698 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Tonka - Maybe they have but I have never found a pair of earphones that sit in my ear comfortably or decently. Mind you, the most expensive pair of earphones I've ever owned was a pair of JVC Gummys which were 7 so I am not knowledgeable enough in the field of earphones :lol:

I do like the way the join via a NFC-esque bluetooth. Looks impressive but not enough to make me spend 160(?) on them.
  • Tonka 3 Nov 2016 14:00:51 31,378 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @ISmoke for the price of an iWatch youd get two pairs. Sounds like a win to me!
  • UncleLou Moderator 3 Nov 2016 14:47:30 40,174 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    ISmoke wrote:
    @Tonka - I do hope that is a bad joke. The wired ones already have awful sound quality I dread to think how bad the wireless ones are. And then there is the 'LOL' price they attached to them.

Think I'll stick to my Sennheisers lol
    Which wired ones? The ones in the box are awful. The more expensive ones you can buy seprately are pretty good. Not worse than Sennheisers at a similar price, and they might even last longer than 3 weeks, something I've never experienced with my Sennheisers. :p

(Using RHAs ones now, btw., a British company you lot probably know more about than me. They're awesome. So much for Made in Germany, and I am saying that as a German. Seriously, fuck Sennheiser earphones. Built to break as quickly as possible).

Edited by UncleLou at 14:48:34 03-11-2016
  • ISmoke 3 Nov 2016 20:19:22 1,698 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @UncleLou - Yeah the ones that come in the box. I've never bought another pair of Apple earphones, always thought they'd be crap!

My Sennheiser HD25-C II have lasted a good 5 years now and I have used them a lot. Mostly for mixing but also if i'm out and about and want to shut the world out.
  • Scurrminator 4 Dec 2016 18:03:14 9,045 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Bah. Just caught the watch in a certain light and there is a massive crack in the top left of the screen. Any ideas on damage for repair. The interweb is suspiciously devoid of information...
  • Tonka 4 Dec 2016 19:20:33 31,378 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm sure apple will give you a new one for free. Anything to clear stock.

Tell the genius at the bar a guy on the internet said it's common practice.
  • Scurrminator 4 Dec 2016 19:30:41 9,045 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Heh. I wish. Just seen their repair prices - 230!!!!???
    They don't do repairs; you basically just get a brand new watch :-/
  • Deleted user 4 December 2016 19:33:12
    You can buy a nice adult watch for 230, so not all is lost
  • Tonka 4 Dec 2016 19:42:40 31,378 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Adult watch
    http://airplanesandmore.com/prodimages/largeRW019%20B-17%20Pinup.jpg
  • pk1980 4 Dec 2016 19:43:45 1,213 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tells you the time after midday.
  • Scurrminator 4 Dec 2016 20:24:57 9,045 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Heh. Decided to sell it on eBay and pay for a new one. Works out cheaper than paying Apple to 'repair' it.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2016 20:37:39
    Dude why would you get another
  • pk1980 4 Dec 2016 20:56:54 1,213 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    To be fair I have a smart watch, was reluctant but now find it difficult to be without it.
  • Zomoniac 2 Aug 2017 10:50:26 10,350 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    A massive full-width crack appeared across the middle of my watch last night. I've had it ten months. They want 254 to fix the glass. On a 299 watch. Nope.
  • Tonka 2 Aug 2017 11:00:23 31,378 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Really? I thought Apple were famous for their generous replacement program.

Less than a year old as well. Did you go to an Apple store?
  • Zomoniac 2 Aug 2017 11:02:08 10,350 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I haven't been in yet, but their website says all damage isn't covered by warranty and that is the standard charge for damage. Maybe I'll drop in my local store at the weekend and see if they'll replace it if I ask nicely.
  • Jeepers 2 Aug 2017 11:28:40 16,611 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well worth popping in and asking directly.

When you say a crack appeared - was it accidental damage or did you literally wake up and find it fucked?
  • ozthegweat 2 Aug 2017 11:41:08 2,708 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As much as I believe you, I'm sure there are lots of people who accidentally dropped a gadget and then claimed that the cracked screen developed by itself. I wish you luck, but most likely the support staff quite understandably will not believe you.
  • Zomoniac 2 Aug 2017 12:46:51 10,350 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I was getting texts on it and all was fine, then an hour later I got another and noticed a big crack. It distorts the image so I definitely would've noticed it before. I'd just been on the sofa and maybe wandering around the room. It's possible I caught it on a table corner or something, but not hard enough to feel anything. It looks like a tiny chip on the arm-side edge of the screen has caused a hairline fracture to split the entire way across.
  • mrpon 2 Aug 2017 12:49:32 36,579 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Is it a pube?
  • THFourteen 2 Aug 2017 12:53:25 53,839 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Should have put one of these on it.

https://indulgy.com/post/Wa8lsWmaM1/swatch-watch-with-rubber-guard
  • JoelStinty 25 Oct 2017 10:01:15 9,116 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Picked up one of the Series 3 yesterday (just a gps one) it a nice little watch. Kind of been sucked into the health and fitness side of it. (mainly as i went to the docs last week concerned about my heart :rolleyes:) Be good to have a wearable HR monitor when exercising, and in general just keep looking at my heart rate to see if i'm ok haha.

Surprised that many of you prefer the 42mm, went for the 38 and although worrying about it after reading various posts, sits on my wrist really nicely, looks like a proper watch. I do have wrists that probably edge on the smaller side - 170 mm. The 42 would probably take up my whole wrist.

The stand thing might annoy me, but yeah it cool. Amused my self my calling people in the room from my watch earlier :)
  • thumbgoals 25 Oct 2017 10:19:17 31 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Picked up one of the Series 3 yesterday (just a gps one) it a nice little watch. Kind of been sucked into the health and fitness side of it. (mainly as i went to the docs last week concerned about my heart :rolleyes:) Be good to have a wearable HR monitor when exercising, and in general just keep looking at my heart rate to see if i'm ok haha.

Surprised that many of you prefer the 42mm, went for the 38 and although worrying about it after reading various posts, sits on my wrist really nicely, looks like a proper watch. I do have wrists that probably edge on the smaller side - 170 mm. The 42 would probably take up my whole wrist.

The stand thing might annoy me, but yeah it cool. Amused my self my calling people in the room from my watch earlier :)

Get Apple Pay on there...there is no going back.
  • JoelStinty 25 Oct 2017 10:34:18 9,116 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yup set that up already. Only just got used to not feeling self conscious using my phone haha. This will be a whole new thing /o\

Another reason why i brought it was to limit the amount of time the phone is in my hand. it is an ongoing battle!

Just a couple of questions to anyone who may know, does starva or Zwift contribute to the workout app? Or people just use workouts separately to what ever device they normally use? (Ie i use a garmin for my road bike, and Zwift runs through my iPad) i think you can set it up so that the health app takes the data, but not sure about the workout app.

and now i forgotten the second question... oh yeah a good app to receive my team's goals scored as a notification?
  • DaM 25 Oct 2017 13:32:24 17,540 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    and now i forgotten the second question... oh yeah a good app to receive my team's goals scored as a notification?
    I use the BBC Sport one, it's great at notifying me that Hamilton Accies have lost a goal or game.
  • askew 25 Oct 2017 14:06:25 22,180 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Just a couple of questions to anyone who may know, does starva or Zwift contribute to the workout app? Or people just use workouts separately to what ever device they normally use? (Ie i use a garmin for my road bike, and Zwift runs through my iPad) i think you can set it up so that the health app takes the data, but not sure about the workout app.
    I think they show up as doing some sort of activity on your rings, but I don't think they appear as the same kind of workout as you might start on the watch.
  • JoelStinty 25 Oct 2017 14:57:33 9,116 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ahh ok, i have a play around with it. Thanks.
  • ozthegweat 4 Dec 2018 15:07:42 2,708 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So what about those new sizes of the Series 4? Anybody with girly wrists downgraded from 42mm to 40mm?
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.