Following The Apple Watch Page 3

• PhoenixFlames 8 Sep 2014 13:35:41 9,263 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DiddlerDo wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Must be getting old. I don't want this or any other "smart watch".

Just bought a TAG. Much more classy.
    I like Tags, but representative of "class" they are not.
    Not class as in working class, middle class etc. Class as in style.

A classically styled watch is the choice of the discerning gentleman :-)
    Cringe!
    Ah...go fuck yourself. It doesn't matter what I say here anymore, it gets picked apart regardless. Why is someone wearing a stylish and expensive watch "cringe"?

I don't think everyone on your caravan site/council estate would agree.
  • Tonka 8 Sep 2014 13:36:00 31,378 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Shows how little I know about watches. I thought TAG were the Beats of watches.
  • beastmaster 8 Sep 2014 13:39:07 21,684 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You are going to get some proper fucking knobs doing their best to show them off though.

I think the dude who came out of the Apple shop when the 5 hot released took the biscuit. His phone rang and he held his arm outstretched like they do on The Gadget Show when they put them into the camera. After about 20 seconds, he answered it. He was a colossal bell-end.
  • PhoenixFlames 8 Sep 2014 13:39:21 9,263 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Shows how little I know about watches. I thought TAG were the Beats of watches.
    Yeah 2k watches are sooooo chav and shit. Idiot.
  • billythekid 8 Sep 2014 13:39:56 12,570 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    TAG? I'd rather this particular watch!

• Dougs 8 Sep 2014 13:42:38 96,721 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    And the sneering.
  • nickthegun 8 Sep 2014 13:42:44 83,748 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    spindizzy wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    It will need to be unisex so it won't be too big and chunky.
    Or they have several models...
    I'm pretty sure they won't, at least initially. Logically, why would you design a ladies version as, with a smaller screen, it would suffer in comparison to the men's version?
  • nickthegun 8 Sep 2014 13:43:57 83,748 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    You spend any kind of money on watches / jewellery etc, you are a twat.
    Classic aslongasitdoesthejobski
  • nickthegun 8 Sep 2014 13:43:57 83,748 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago

Edited by nickthegun at 13:44:24 08-09-2014
  • Deleted user 8 September 2014 13:44:07
    jablonski wrote:
    Mine is just scrawled on in biro.
  • TheSaint 8 Sep 2014 13:45:23 20,106 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Wow PhoenixFlames turned into a real life Ron Burgundy for a few posts there.
  • beastmaster 8 Sep 2014 13:51:08 21,684 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    It'd be cool to see a device that does:

- Proximity-aware authentication (i.e. unlock my laptop when my watch is near it)
    - Discreet call notifications (have my watch vibrate to tell me about an incoming call)
    - Passive heart-rate monitoring & GPS tracking (which RunKeeper can access while I'm out for a run)
    - Zero-interface/Siri-led basic phone functionality (let me talk to my wrist to compose and send a text while my phone is still in my pocket)
    You'll probably have to sync it in iTunes. Instant fail!
  • Dougs 8 Sep 2014 13:55:21 96,721 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Ha, shudder at the thought! Quite interested in what they can come up with re design but not really for me I don't think.
  • Tonka 8 Sep 2014 13:55:49 31,378 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @PhoenixFlames I really didn't mean it as an attack on you. I was honestly being surprised at how wrong I got their brand. I'm sorry that I offended you.
  • Tonka 8 Sep 2014 13:56:33 31,378 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    It'd be cool to see a device that does:

- Proximity-aware authentication (i.e. unlock my laptop when my watch is near it)
    - Discreet call notifications (have my watch vibrate to tell me about an incoming call)
    - Passive heart-rate monitoring & GPS tracking (which RunKeeper can access while I'm out for a run)
    - Zero-interface/Siri-led basic phone functionality (let me talk to my wrist to compose and send a text while my phone is still in my pocket)
    Like Android Wear but for iPhone?
  • PhoenixFlames 8 Sep 2014 13:57:09 9,263 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    Why? Because a 5 watch also tells the time?

That's the same stupid argument as "A 500 car gets you from A to B".

Fuck it, why have anything nice? What's the point? We're all going to die anyway eh?
  • Deleted user 8 September 2014 14:00:06
    Point to point teleport would be a killer app
  • Deleted user 8 September 2014 14:00:37
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Why is someone wearing a stylish and expensive watch "cringe"?

No, they would agree. That's the point.
  • beastmaster 8 Sep 2014 14:02:14 21,684 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Much as I'm not keen on the idea, I don't think Apple have done anything innovative for years. May even be decades as I'm getting old and past events are getting blurry :-)

This could be something that would really put them back on top if they come up with some fresh ideas.

Yet, somehow I doubt they will. It's also going to be (probably) a chargeable watch. That's going to cause a few problems in itself, isn't it?

Edited by beastmaster at 14:04:00 08-09-2014
  • PhoenixFlames 8 Sep 2014 14:13:16 9,263 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Why is someone wearing a stylish and expensive watch "cringe"?

No, they would agree. That's the point.
    So, what you are saying is that if a chav is aware of a brand and would like to own its products (even though there is no chance in hell of them ever being able to) then it tarnishes the brand as chavvy?

Might as well live naked in a cardboard box then. I wouldn't want to own anything a chav has heard about. Heaven forbid.
  • Deleted user 8 September 2014 14:16:51
    It's more that the design principles are in line with what they (and apparently you) would consider "classy".

Again, I like Tags. I would own one. I just wouldn't make claims that it would in any way be representative of good style and taste.
  • TheSaint 8 Sep 2014 14:16:57 20,106 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    This really touched a nerve didn't it?
  • Deleted user 8 September 2014 14:26:46
    A good watch can be the difference between nobody replying to your Tinder messages and a full hour of snogging
  • CosmicFuzz 8 Sep 2014 14:27:14 32,585 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Anyway...

Going by the pricing of the Moto 360 (199) I'm guessing an iWatch would be around 250-299 tops. Very surprised if it's above that.
  • Deleted user 8 September 2014 14:28:32
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Anyway...

Going by the pricing of the Moto 360 (199) I'm guessing an iWatch would be around 250-299 tops. Very surprised if it's above that.
    Apple tend to price things at the point where you're very surprised. It's caught me out every single time they have a new product.

My 350 was actually quite conservative in that respect. It could easily be 500+.
  • PhoenixFlames 8 Sep 2014 14:29:33 9,263 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    It's more that the design principles are in line with what they (and apparently you) would consider "classy".

Again, I like Tags. I would own one. I just wouldn't make claims that it would in any way be representative of good style and taste.
    I don't see how a classically designed gents watch could be considered anything but classy. Metal bracelet style watches are one of those timeless (pun noted) designs worn by all walks of life. TAGs are just a premium version.

Chavs like cars and they would probably like a Porsche but they aren't ever going to get one. It doesn't make Porsches chavvy.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.