Following Horizon: Zero Dawn Page 4

• funkstar 30 Jan 2017 22:48:02 3,280 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    oh nice i was wondering if there was non-pro footage shown anywhere. performance doesnt look great in spots though

Edited by funkstar at 23:05:20 30-01-2017
  • Gregolution 31 Jan 2017 12:20:32 9,367 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    100% pre ordering this. Love the studio and love to support a new IP.

chatting to my usual group of gamer friends, I'm concerned at how little people are excited about it though. Seems people really prefer the devil they know and just want sequels. I think I'm the opposite. Love a new IP.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 31 Jan 2017 12:41:04 32,224 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Whilst I can appreciate a new IP, it doesn’t exactly look like it’s doing much new as a game.

Outside of its looks, I can imagine the very familiar and fairly tired looking gameplay they’ve shown is keeping general enthusiasm tempered.
  • GloatingSwine 31 Jan 2017 13:17:19 3,799 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Frankly if your answer to the question "Robot Dinosaurs?" isn't "Yes please" there is something wrong with your soul.
  • Deleted user 31 January 2017 14:12:37
    A shit game with robot dinosaurs is still a shit game.

That said it does look good. I don't know whether it's the fact it's a new IP that's causing the lack of interest or the fact that OPEN WORLD brings to mind lazy cut and paste game design.

Only a few companies do open world well, remains to be seen if Guerilla are one of them.
  • Deleted user 31 January 2017 14:51:22
    Got this on preorder, like every open world game that comes out. Inevitably though, I'll get an hour in, then get bored and move onto something else. AssCreed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs 2, all have fallen by the wayside after early promise. Think open world games really need a refresh, and as pretty as it looks, this doesn't seem to be it.

Sadly, Gravity Rush 2 is a properly amazing open world game but noone is buying the damn thing. Interesting mid-budget games are going to get squeezed out by AAA sequels and tiny indies, and soon, it looks like.
  • Gitsmith 31 Jan 2017 15:27:24 311 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GloatingSwine wrote:
    Frankly if your answer to the question "Robot Dinosaurs?" isn't "Yes please" there is something wrong with your soul.
    Hard to argue with that.
  • Gitsmith 31 Jan 2017 15:27:27 311 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GloatingSwine wrote:
    Hard to argue with that.
  • Tryhard 31 Jan 2017 15:29:52 12,014 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm playing with real dino's in Ark, so I'm getting my dino fill at the moment.
  • Ror 31 Jan 2017 15:46:23 18,480 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
  • ChiefGB 2 Feb 2017 00:41:39 10,685 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seen a few 4K vids of this earlier (admittedly streamed) but the checkerboard artifacting around alloys head and body seemed quite noticeable on close ups. Here's hoping it's just down to the stream which is reasonably likely tbh.
  • funkstar 2 Feb 2017 01:44:16 3,280 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    waypoint did a nice stream over on twitch https://www.twitch.tv/waypoint
  • pacrifice 3 Feb 2017 11:02:09 4,757 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Horizon-Zero-Dawn/Guerrilla-Games-Q-amp-A-Share-your-Horizon-Zero-Dawn-questions/m-p/24881005

Post a question in the comments and I guess they're gonna reply. Ends on Sunday.
  • Gregolution 3 Feb 2017 11:40:34 9,367 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Seen a few 4K vids of this earlier (admittedly streamed) but the checkerboard artifacting around alloys head and body seemed quite noticeable
    Are you serious? This has got to be the best looking game ever to come out on the PS4 by miles and your comment is about the checkerboard artifacting you noticed?

Come on Chief! You're better than this! Its like some sort of new hyper cynicism infection spreading across the internet. :p

Personally I just drool on all the videos I see of this game. It looks like quite the technical achievement.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Feb 2017 11:54:01 24,527 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Seen a few 4K vids of this earlier (admittedly streamed) but the checkerboard artifacting around alloys head and body seemed quite noticeable
    Are you serious? This has got to be the best looking game ever to come out on the PS4 by miles and your comment is about the checkerboard artifacting you noticed?

Come on Chief! You're better than this! Its like some sort of new hyper cynicism infection spreading across the internet. :p

Personally I just drool on all the videos I see of this game. It looks like quite the technical achievement.
    Agree. I will be playing day one on my standard ps4 and am totally looking forward to it :)
  • JYM60 3 Feb 2017 13:03:35 17,676 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Killzone Shadowfall looks great too. I remember being blown away when it was first shown.

Played like a bag of infected dicks though.
  • Syrette 3 Feb 2017 13:51:22 50,224 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Listened (not watched, I'm at work, and on top of that I don't like to spoil things for myself too much!) to a load of preview event, er, previews over the last couple of days.

Colour me hyped. Everything about it sounds quality - my only worry is what the missions themselves are going to be like. Will there be enough variety? Not to easy to avoid repetition in games like this without unleashing set piece after set piece at the player, or deviating too much from the primary gameplay mechanics.
  • Tryhard 3 Feb 2017 14:34:23 12,014 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:
    Killzone Shadowfall looks great too. I remember being blown away when it was first shown.

Played like a bag of infected dicks though.
    When Decks posted that awhile back, that pissed on my fire. I came over from Xbox to PS4 and got Killzone Shadowfall free, the most fucking boring shooter i have ever laid my hairy hands on.
  • pacrifice 6 Feb 2017 18:57:30 4,757 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/Horizon+Zero+Dawn+Limited+Edition+-+Only+at+GAME-1327980?cm_vc=Prod_1

This is now £54.99

Horizon Zero Dawn Limited Edition - Only at GAME

^^^^^ Includes:
    SteelBook Case
    Horizon Zero Dawn Game
    Artbook
    Exclusive PS4 Theme
    In-game DLC

Regular game is £37.99 at smythstoys. I'd seriously consider getting the limited edition if it included the ost but a £16 difference for a steelbook, artbook, ps4 theme and dlc-some outfits, man.
  • IronGiant 6 Feb 2017 19:28:15 5,905 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Tempted by that Smyths toys price.. in game dlc never enticed me to pay extra, physical goodies sometimes makes it worth it.
  • ozthegweat 6 Feb 2017 19:39:07 2,217 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just hope the gameplay doesn't rely on too much crafting. Interrupting proper gameplay with crafting is like having to do your taxes during fellatio.
  • Derblington 6 Feb 2017 20:35:57 31,611 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You do have to craft but they seem to have made it pretty painless providing you've got the mats.

Saw a narrative piece earlier - it's got terrible facial animation, script and acting. Luckily I don't really care about that too much in this.
  • ozthegweat 6 Feb 2017 20:48:23 2,217 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Derblington OK. Only saw a 5 minute gameplay video a while back and it showed some crafting done while fighting an enemy, which is basically the worst kind: crafting under pressure. Hard to tell if that's gonna be something you'll have to do often or not.

As long as facial animations are not as bad as in that ME:A trailer, amirite? (I wonder if they cleaned that up in the meantime.)

Edited by ozthegweat at 20:51:17 06-02-2017
  • pacrifice 6 Feb 2017 20:53:02 4,757 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You lot are putting me off getting this day 1. So basically, as we all know Killzone looks good but ends up being boring, we need to tread carefully with this gorgeous looking new game.

It's a good strategy.

Edited by pacrifice at 20:53:43 06-02-2017
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Feb 2017 21:36:33 24,527 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    pacrifice wrote:
    You lot are putting me off getting this day 1. So basically, as we all know Killzone looks good but ends up being boring, we need to tread carefully with this gorgeous looking new game.

It's a good strategy.
    I'm day one mate, fight the good fight. Saying that I have several games I bought day 1of their release that are still sealed!

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 21:37:04 06-02-2017

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.