Following The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Page 39

• Dirtbox 19 May 2018 18:55:19 91,020 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Is there not meter on the switch? It's not on by default, you have to toggle it in the options.
  • yegon 19 May 2018 18:56:48 6,331 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Dirtbox

Yeah but itís the old horizontal one.
  • Malek86 12 Jun 2018 21:06:13 8,259 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just defeated Delirium with Judas. It was a pain in the neck and definitely not fun. All of these ultra bosses have been pretty bad so far.

But at least I got the final ending.
  • Dirtbox 12 Jun 2018 22:10:13 91,020 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Now do it with the keeper and the lost.
  • DrStrangelove 12 Jun 2018 22:11:57 13,652 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, Judas is easy mode
  • StrikeForce 19 Jul 2018 15:50:08 202 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Need some advice please:

I've been playing this since it was PS freebie. My most played game. Hundreds of hours.

But I don't have the Platinum God trophy.

And I want it.

But I don't know what I need to do to get it. I've done most things, I think, it's hard to remember. Surely I don't have to kill every boss on with every character on hard to get this damned trophy? (I'm probably about 2/3 of the way on that)

Is there a way of figuring out what I need exactly I need to do next?
  • DrStrangelove 19 Jul 2018 16:06:45 13,652 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Collect all items in the game, unlock all of the secrets and endings minus The Lost and his 6 unlockable items
    https://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Achievements

Note that you don't only have to unlock all items, but also find them at least once. Which is going to take a little while.
  • Salaman 30 Jul 2018 16:16:46 23,501 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Soo, I decided to back the kickstarter for the tabletop Isaac game which should come out in November. I thought I could use the wait until November to familiarize myself with the game. I only know of the name because it popped up on the forum here regularly.

A friend bought it for my birthday last week and I had a quick go over the weekend on the PC (keyboard control) which was pants but also a good motivator to set up my Steam Link again which I've been meaning to do since we moved house in January.

Yesterday 3 of us took turns playing and we ended up playing for about 6 hours straight. It was all very confusing and we soon resorted to looking up the pickups on the wiki to understand what they do rather than try and error.

After about 4 or 5 hours we finally managed to get past the caves I level thanks to some good item combinations. I spent some time reading through the wiki today, so much stuff we didn't get or didn't notice or didn't understand!

Reading the first few pages in this thread is somewhat discouraging. We were quite excited of getting down to level 4 yesterday.
    People here are talking about beating the game multiple times to get new items/characters. Seems like a tall order.

On both runs where we got to level 4, we entered a room filled with very speedy versions of the gaper, which instantly swarmed us and killed us without leaving us too much of a chance to react or retreat. :/

Looking forward to going home and having another go though.
  • Deleted user 30 July 2018 16:20:39
    @Salaman

Just keep going. I thought it would be impossible for me to complete one run but once you beat it you will be surprised at how many more you can get.
  • Dirtbox 30 Jul 2018 16:28:32 91,020 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I know there was a time when I was shit at this game, but I find it almost impossible to lose a run now. Much like Diablo 3, the game doesnt really begin until you have everything unlocked. It's just tutorial up till that point.
  • DrStrangelove 30 Jul 2018 22:11:01 13,652 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah there was a time when I wanted to give up on it because I couldn't make it past level 3 or so. It's all practice, the more you play it, the better you get.
  • Salaman 31 Jul 2018 09:21:06 23,501 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Quite the night last night. Somehow unlocked Lazarus, then used him for the next run.
    Managed to get some nice items and trinkets, including a floating buddy who fires brimstone (or fired brimstone eventually, he did fuck all for the first 15 minutes after I got him as I didn't realise he needed charging up by holding the fire button) and a leech.

Got all the way to the last level and beat mom, or at least her leg.
  • Dirtbox 31 Jul 2018 12:44:12 91,020 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It's a start.
  • UncleLou Moderator 31 Jul 2018 12:46:24 40,109 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    Quite the night last night. Somehow unlocked Lazarus, then used him for the next run.
    Managed to get some nice items and trinkets, including a floating buddy who fires brimstone (or fired brimstone eventually, he did fuck all for the first 15 minutes after I got him as I didn't realise he needed charging up by holding the fire button) and a leech.

200 hours later, and I am not significantly further! I don't think I've ever loved a game so much where I am so terrible. Everything bullet hell is my Kryptonite.

I take it you know this site?

http://platinumgod.co.uk

Works great on a mobile as well.

Edited by UncleLou at 12:47:15 31-07-2018
  • Salaman 31 Jul 2018 15:23:04 23,501 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Salaman wrote:

200 hours later, and I am not significantly further! I don't think I've ever loved a game so much where I am so terrible. Everything bullet hell is my Kryptonite.

I take it you know this site?

http://platinumgod.co.uk

Works great on a mobile as well.
    Yes, I saw it linked early on in this thread and used it last night. It helped us figure out that lil' Brimstone needed charging.
  • DrStrangelove 31 Jul 2018 15:25:43 13,652 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I wonder why so many players hammer the attack buttons instead of just holding them
  • Salaman 31 Jul 2018 16:01:50 23,501 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I never considered it until I got the lil' Brimstone. Then I thought "Oh, you can just hold it down to fire".
  • L0cky 1 Aug 2018 03:47:05 2,035 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Glad to know it wasn't just me then :D
  • Dirtbox 30 Aug 2018 09:18:24 91,020 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Nicalis uploaded this to his youtube channel.

The logo with the knife looks very much like the one for the Antibirth mod.
  • Reflox 30 Aug 2018 11:06:48 6 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @DrStrangelove Because when you smash the buttons it feels as if you are shooting faster :rolleyes: that would be a good topic "the things gamers do that is actually useless" XD

I feel that smashin the button gives some more control in specific situations. If you have low tear count, clicking button too much would waste it and longer gaps between tears would make the enemies harder to beat though.
  • Dirtbox 30 Aug 2018 13:33:03 91,020 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The only time it makes a difference is with chocolate milk or tech x, it's pretty worthless at other times.
  • L0cky 31 Aug 2018 06:14:12 2,035 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Nicalis uploaded this to his youtube channel.

The logo with the knife looks very much like the one for the Antibirth mod.
    Hope it is. Only gave it a miss because it's a small pain to set it up and effectively hacks your game.
  • Dirtbox 31 Aug 2018 12:47:11 91,020 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It'll be playable at Pax which starts today, so we'll find out some specifics soon enough.
  • Marylle 2 Sep 2018 18:01:23 7 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Looks fantastic, some off the screen footage here i found on youtube yesterday

I love that with every game they bring new stuff to the screen and events

• Apocalipstic 2 Sep 2018 18:24:08 216 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looks great, hopefully more footage will come out after PAX
  • Dirtbox 2 Sep 2018 20:41:38 91,020 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Christ, whoever is playing in that vid is excruciatingly shit.

But yeah, it looks like a slightly more polished Antibirth.

Edited by Dirtbox at 20:44:16 02-09-2018
  • Deleted user 2 September 2018 21:08:03
    I hope this comes to switch. I guess if it does it will be paid dlc?
  • Marylle 3 Sep 2018 14:17:16 7 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    It is a DLC supposedly, i wonder how many hours of content they will add and if this will add some more story to the game past the last stages off the main game
  • Lokiepokie 3 Sep 2018 17:21:09 8 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    Wahey. Need to do that next, first tries were rather frustrating :(
    I did it with az and TechX in the end. Not ideal, but the fire and forget ranged shit was invaluable. I did it in easy mode first and found ludo, which was great as well.

Problem is you don't unlock shit if you do it in easy mode.
    Yeah, that's why you don't use easy mode. Easy mode is like cheating in my opinion. It makes it a little TOO easy, if you ask me.
  • Dirtbox 3 Sep 2018 17:28:02 91,020 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    No shit, but mistakes were made and that foot was harshing my mellow. That was to unlock boneguy.

Edited by Dirtbox at 17:34:33 03-09-2018

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.