Following The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Page 40

Next Last
  • waipowrectdeapr1976 4 Sep 2018 22:33:07 7 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    oooooooo..... All those endless hours trying to finish the game. Can't say that it wasn't fun, it had its frustrating moment but overall it gave you great satisfaction because it wasn't easy.
    As an old song says "Anything valuable is difficult...."
  • Strade 5 Sep 2018 00:41:28 6 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    waipowrectdeapr1976 wrote:
    oooooooo..... All those endless hours trying to finish the game. Can't say that it wasn't fun, it had its frustrating moment but overall it gave you great satisfaction because it wasn't easy.
    As an old song says "Anything valuable is difficult...."
    Yeah i love how the game exponentially teaches you and it gets easier and after some time you just expect to do a full run on average, after a while i ended up looking for 'global achievements' on Steam and comparing myself to other percentage of players XD
  • Dirtbox 11 Sep 2018 02:52:03 91,020 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    What the fuck is going on in this thread?
  • Salaman 21 Sep 2018 11:06:29 23,499 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    UGH. I decided to have a go last night.
    Current win streak: -34

I picked random character,got Magdalena and had some good pickups, mega tears, speed up and lots and lots of HP up pills as well as Tammy's head for a powerful tear burst that recharges with every room.

Walk in the park!

Made it to the final level to fight mom's heart. Managed to fuck up the last few rooms on that floor and had to head into the final boss fight with about 3 lives, monkey paw for a black hear every time I was about to die and 48-hour energy pills for 2 recharges of Tammy's head.

I somehow survived the fight, getting down to half a heart 2 times, picking up the black hearts dropped By the monkey's paw, firing off the Tear burst from Tammy's head 3 times.

I was genuinely surprised and taken aback when I heard the Isaaaaaaaac and saw I beat mom's heart. So much so, that I was caught off guard by the last burst of projectiles emitted by mom's heart upon death.

So one of them hit me and I only had half a heart at that point, so I died.
    >:-(

In the background of the game over screen, I could see a black heart dropped by the monkey's paw as I got to my last half heart right before dying and a blue heart dropped as mom's heart was defeated.

After about 1 hour and 15 minutes of play, it was a most frustrating outcome! =/
  • Salaman 25 Nov 2018 20:18:26 23,499 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So earlier today, I beat Isaac for the 3rd time or so. I just started a new run and couldn't help wondering ... why am I doing this again?

With mom's heart I knew I had to beat it 10 times. But now I beat Satan and Isaac a few times each. Is there a point to it?

Or am I better off trying challenges or reaching boss rush for the first time if I want to experience something new in the game?
  • DrStrangelove 25 Nov 2018 20:43:33 13,652 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There's much more to find. Aside from boss rush, there's also Hush, ???, The Lamb, Mega Satan and Delirium. You know, actual challenges, unlike Mom's Heart or Isaac... there's also a ton of challenges and more items to unlock.

That said, if you don't find replaying the game fun, I'm not sure it'll be satisfying for a long time. A lot of the fun comes from redoing it and seeing what random nasty or lucky shit its throws at you this time.
  • Salaman 25 Nov 2018 21:11:48 23,499 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Oh I quite enjoy starting a run and seeing what I'll get and if it'll go anywhere good. Before it was replaying with an aim though. Get to mom's heart and beat it again to get to 10x.

I just kept going after that and today for the first time wondered if there was any point to reaching the end of Sheol/Cathedral repeatedly. I'll have a look around one of the wiki pages.

edit: Right, getting the polaroid is next. I'll need to beat Isaac 3 more times for that.

Edited by Salaman at 21:19:52 25-11-2018
  • Salaman 3 Dec 2018 09:36:38 23,499 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yaay, got my grubby mitts on the D6 for Isaac, unlocked all the characters, got the polaroid and had 1 venture into the gold chest.

I think I'll focus on the negative polaroid for now.

Edited by Salaman at 09:37:42 03-12-2018
  • yegon 8 Jan 2019 10:35:00 6,331 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Switch finally getting the update tomorrow, US time.

The EU digital, and the cartridge version, arenít mentioned. Iíve got the US digital game thankfully.

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/1082542967963844608

Edit: Patch now live, woo! Has instant restart too, press and hold the sticks.

Edited by yegon at 02:55:54 10-01-2019
  • AddyJB 11 Feb 2019 22:44:56 1,195 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Tempted to get this on pc now that I can't be arsed playing the switch version. That makes zero sense I know but fuck it. Just don't know if I want to fork out £25 again.
  • Murbs 12 Feb 2019 06:58:34 24,206 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @AddyJB still on sale on Switch isn't it? Until tomorrow?
  • AddyJB 12 Feb 2019 07:29:01 1,195 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Murbs wrote:
    @AddyJB still on sale on Switch isn't it? Until tomorrow?
    No idea mate. Not been on the switch for a while
  • Graxlar_v3 12 Feb 2019 09:05:04 5,507 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have been playing it a bit on switch and warming to it more and more but the art style still sucks and is super disturbing.

I dislike the tumours growing on isaacs face.
  • AddyJB 12 Feb 2019 09:40:38 1,195 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I've just got steam refunds for the value of £20 so think I'll get the steam version tonight and start afresh.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.