What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 71

• Darth_Flibble 13 Feb 2018 19:43:21 3,109 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yakuza Zero

Only played the ps3 Yakuza dead souls game, not very far into it as takes ages to get going. One thing, the save system is dumb as never tells you have to save at phone boxes, it does have a S icon on the map but it never mentions this. It explains loads of basic things like how to attack and play crappy guitar hero rhythm games. on Various sites there is threads that thought it auto save like a modern game, not having an auto save is shitty as if the game crashes, you can lose your progress. It does play like ps2 game with better graphics.

Although I am enjoying it so far
  • Deleted user 16 February 2018 18:46:29
    Dead Space via Ea Access on the Xbox one.

Love these games and they still look and play great.
  • TitanWarlord93 16 Feb 2018 23:44:29 293 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sonic Mania

Just playing through the levels again as Knuckles. But damn Oil Ocean Zone Act Two boss fucks my shit up.

Edited by TitanWarlord93 at 23:44:49 16-02-2018
  • Deleted user 18 February 2018 00:12:02
    Xenoblade chronicles 2

Fifty hours in and less than half way and still learning how to play the game and finding I was doing things wrong.

Not exactly the sort of game you can just jump into. There's a lot to it. An awful lot.

Main story has loads of cut scenes and they're long. Each chapter seems to end in a boss right (could do without that too be honest) and there are quite a lot of side quests, but none can be called interesting so far. Some drag on too long. Some even just stop you proceeding as you've not got a skill or just not met someone in the main quest. Both of those are annoying.

Fights seem to take an age and I'm trying to avoid them now. Loot is poor and I never feel like I'm finding anything that I want to use and there's very little I want to buy or that i feel safe to sell. I've over 100000 coins and nothing in the shops I need.

There's mercenary missions that see you sending off excess team members to carry out missions. It doesn't appear you can fail these. You just pick a team that meet the requirements of whatever the mission is (i no longer read the description) and they vanish. A set period of time later they appear again with whatever reward there was for the mission and some experience. The loot is meh and the experience is all I'm doing it for oh and because some things are locked behind this.

All in all, it's a bit dull and cringy, but has just enough to keep me going and I'll keep playing it, but i'm not exactly blown away by it.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood at 00:13:57 18-02-2018
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Feb 2018 03:53:04 23,231 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Yakuza Zero

Only played the ps3 Yakuza dead souls game, not very far into it as takes ages to get going. One thing, the save system is dumb as never tells you have to save at phone boxes, it does have a S icon on the map but it never mentions this. It explains loads of basic things like how to attack and play crappy guitar hero rhythm games. on Various sites there is threads that thought it auto save like a modern game, not having an auto save is shitty as if the game crashes, you can lose your progress. It does play like ps2 game with better graphics.

Although I am enjoying it so far
    Just reading this, also playing in fits and starts. You must have missed it but the game explicitly tells you, you can save at phone boxes.

I'm only a couple of hours in, enjoying the story, also I got to play SpaceHarrier :) used to play that down the arcade and on my C64 :)

Re playing, actually starting to get into A.C O at last, taken hours to start to get a grip

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 03:55:35 18-02-2018
  • Darth_Flibble 18 Feb 2018 19:50:35 3,109 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Must of missed it then, the game does hammer you with endless text boxes and long cutscenes!
  • ghearoid 18 Feb 2018 22:36:03 3,039 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Fire Emblem Warriors Switch - finished story mode, going through history mode with 40hrs play so far. Didn't really like it at first, but I'm having a blast with it now.

Professor Layton & the Azran Legacy 3DS - up to chapter three so far and enjoying it very much. I've completed the previous five games over the years, solving puzzles like a gentleman. :)
  • jferson 19 Feb 2018 07:13:22 15 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I started playing Dark Souls 3 on ps4. So far, it is great and addicting.
  • Humperfunk 19 Feb 2018 10:14:31 7,712 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oof, addicting...

I'm on Golf Story finally on the Switch and it's absolutely magnificent so far after 5 hours. Great sense of humour and really enjoying it.

Still plugging away at Chaos Child on Vita, about 5 months after release, but considering starting up Radiant Historia on 3DS instead...
  • DrStrangelove 19 Feb 2018 11:15:19 13,023 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fallout 4. Pre-ordered it back then and was rather disappointed after the ridiculous pre-launch hype, so abandoned it twice. Now playing it thoroughly and I'm quite enjoying it.
  • Singularity 19 Feb 2018 12:03:52 2,769 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm juggling Xenoblade 2 and Dragon Quest Builders, and loving both. X2 in particular is in my top 5 games ever.

Planning to play Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U, as I bought the original double pack and managed to never play it. Unless I utterly love it and need the portability, I'm hoping I can avoid buying it again.
  • Fisheth 19 Feb 2018 12:18:55 2 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Bayonetta on Switch, had the Wii U version but because my Wii U is at my parent's and I live on my own now, i don't have access to it.

It's still great even in this portable form though.
  • Armoured_Bear 19 Feb 2018 12:41:10 23,797 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Switch
    Yakuza 0 on PS4

Both are fantastic and both are mental.
  • Tomo 20 Feb 2018 01:22:13 15,995 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Prey

I'm five hours in and I must admit it's leaving me a bit cold. Love all the Bioshock games, love Dishonored, love Deus Ex HR, but this is SO similar to those, and so far not as good in some areas.

The combat isn't great - the mimics are awkward to engage and the aiming feels a little clunky. I've seen better inventory systems. And the atmosphere isn't quite right. Spooky but weirdly stylised.

I will keep at it, but I hope it picks up soon...
  • FuzzyDucky 20 Feb 2018 02:31:48 3,301 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Tomo Also love Bioshock and Dishonoured (thought DE:HR was okay) and felt the same about Prey, it just doesn't hang together.
  • JiveHound 20 Feb 2018 02:40:25 9,763 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Same here. Prey just didn't really do much for me and I think it's solely because the enemies were so dull. After the mimics they just all become a indeterminable mass of black goop.

Having a big ass monster turn up and then having you go into a menu to literally make it vanish was one of the oddest immersion breaks in a game I've witnessed.

Edited by JiveHound at 02:40:57 20-02-2018
  • Deleted user 22 February 2018 09:28:19
    Just got started on Earth's Dawn for the PS4. It's also available on Steam for those interested. Saw it for 10 from a shop near here, thought it looked a bit cheap, nasty and naff, called up the Steam page, saw that it was overwhelmingly positively reviewed, thought "why not?" And it was sat on my shelf for about six months.

Out of a fit of curiosity I unwrapped it this morning at 7am and...decided to have a quick go for ten minutes and suddenly...it's 9.30am. Fuck me, this game is addictive. Has a very strong "Odin's Sphere" vibe to it, but with burly men in exoskeletons and big fucking guns.

A pity it never came out for the Vita, but apparently it IS coming out for the Switch, which the bitesized missions are perfectly suited to.

Edited by FilthyAnimal at 09:30:44 22-02-2018
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 25 Feb 2018 15:07:41 7,554 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Sexy Brutale

So satisfying seeing things play out like clockwork as you put the pieces together. I pity those lost in endless online grindathons and pointless busywork open world timesinks.
  • MadCaddy13 25 Feb 2018 15:29:55 2,939 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just started Nier Automata for the first time.

So far so good but Jesus, her arse is distracting 😐
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Feb 2018 17:27:56 23,231 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @MadCaddy13
    Stop spinning the camera around then ;) ...they are trying to make that stuff illegal you know
  • samharper 25 Feb 2018 19:01:10 1,003 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    F1 2017.

Digital crack I swear. Also MG Survive and MH World.
  • Graxlar_v3 25 Feb 2018 19:09:06 3,537 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    For the first time since monster hunter was released I put on a different game... so I started the story mode for dragonball fighter z which although the game is still fantastic, is a bit of a misstep with 45 fights amounting to 20% progress...
  • MadCaddy13 25 Feb 2018 20:12:02 2,939 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

They do do a good job of not being able to zoom up her dress haha

Edited by MadCaddy13 at 22:02:43 25-02-2018
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 25 Feb 2018 21:17:02 3,880 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Been playing a bit of Dungeons 3.

I quite like the gameplay. It's a decent, modernised Dungeon Keeper clone for the most part, with the twist being that you beat missions by taking your minions above-ground where you control them RTS style.

But the voice-over is approximately 2% as funny as it thinks it is. Having characters whose names are almost but not quite the same as characters from Warhammer/Warcraft isn't really much of a joke.
  • Nanocrystal 25 Feb 2018 23:17:26 1,707 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wasteland 2 (PS4)
    Coming to this straight off the back of Torment: Tides of Numenera, and really loving these old school RPGs at the moment. Wasteland 2 is certainly scratching an itch that Fallout 4 couldn't reach. Feels like it actually has some strategic depth to it, and that choosing which skills to level up actually matters. Pillars of Eternity next, by which time hopefully Divinity Original Sin 2 will be out for console.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.