What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 72

• DUFFMAN5 26 Feb 2018 07:39:35 23,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    A bit of an Ubi love in:
    Assassins Creed follow that camel. 15 odd hours in and the game is HUGE!
    Watchdogs goty, post game mop up, finished dlc campaign as well
    Far Cry Primal: post game mop up, finished story at 30h+ and only 50% I think, maybe less.

I know Ubi get a lot of stick but I love the diversity in their games, some of it is rinse and repeat but I have no major issue with this. Bravo Ubi.

All xbox, poor ps4 doesn't get much of a look in!
  • Mola_Ram 26 Feb 2018 08:05:06 17,972 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's no FC2, but I liked FC Primal for what it was. Kind of insubstantial in the way that a lot of Ubisoft games are, but I liked hunting things and having animal pets and such. I had fun with it!
  • crashVoodoo 26 Feb 2018 08:11:26 5,833 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I've been digging back into Grim Dawn and realising that its quite a bit deeper than i thought. Soooo.. much.. loooot!!

Stashed all the old materials and other bits i picked up and deleted my old character to start again from scratch with something a bit more lightning based.
  • rice_sandwich 26 Feb 2018 08:30:29 4,555 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm back into Story of Seasons Trio of Towns in a big way. Just started the second year and there's so much to do that every day is chock full of tasks. Hugely enjoyable. I don't see myself playing anything else for the next month or so.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 27 Feb 2018 19:11:57 3,576 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @coomber Unlike Stick of Truth, most of the funniest content in Fractured is in the final third.
  • JoeBlade 27 Feb 2018 21:29:53 4,193 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    I've been digging back into Grim Dawn and realising that its quite a bit deeper than i thought. Soooo.. much.. loooot!!

Stashed all the old materials and other bits i picked up and deleted my old character to start again from scratch with something a bit more lightning based.
    Haha yeah, this game definitely brings out the loot whore in you. It only gets worse as you coast along; the diversity continually increases in multiple ways.
    After some point it becomes a very difficult exercise in min-maxing indeed :)

I particularly like how you can never completely fuck up your character build (well, unless you're being an idiot) because you can reroll at any time and it's not that expensive.
    I know purists hate such features but I'll gladly take the option to experiment with various builds rather than following a guide on some wiki and without having to create new characters constantly. Which makes me wonder why you deleted your previous one...
  • JiveHound 28 Feb 2018 01:37:54 9,559 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Currently Enter The Gungeon on Switch and Monster Hunter World on Xbox. I would really like to get back into Overwatch too, time permitting.
  • FuzzyDucky 28 Feb 2018 02:02:45 3,218 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Spintyres Mudrunner on PS4

What a strange, addictive beast this is. I spent ten minutes trying dig my ass out of a pool of water and it the sense of accomplishment was up there with besting a Souls baddie.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 28 Feb 2018 08:06:27 6,833 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Back into Sonic Nania again last night.

Flying Battery might be my all time least favourite zone. I've been bad at playing every version of it since I was a child and it hasn't changed with this one.
  • Dombat 28 Feb 2018 08:08:06 1,309 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Currently Enter The Gungeon on Switch and Monster Hunter World on Xbox. I would really like to get back into Overwatch too, time permitting.
    I'm really enjoying Overwatch again. The Mercy nerfs saved the game for me - all healers are now viable. Plus the tanks are in a good place IMO.

Shame about the community, but you can't have everything!
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 28 Feb 2018 08:21:21 3,576 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Dombat How bad is the community these days? It's the reason I stopped playing (on PC) back towards the end of the second competitive season. Every single match, be it quick play or competitive, was degenerating into people having hissy fits over team comp, or bickering over which particular 14 year old got to be Hanzo.

Pity, because I actually really enjoyed the core gameplay and for the first few months (until competitive really got going), the community was very low stress. But the degeneration curve was really quite rapid and I decided I just didn't want to put up with it any more.
  • Zippity-zap 28 Feb 2018 08:38:55 324 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm addicted to Into the Breach, the latest by Subset Games (creators of the sublime FTL). It's oustanding, and deserves your attention if any of the following happen to pleasantly tweak your inner nipples:

- turn-based
    - difficult
    - Advance Wars-like
    - Mechs. Lots of 'em, all upgradeable and interchangeable.
    - insane replay value
    - basic fun

Another masterclass in game design that comes highly recommended.
  • Dombat 28 Feb 2018 09:56:12 1,309 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Dombat How bad is the community these days? It's the reason I stopped playing (on PC) back towards the end of the second competitive season. Every single match, be it quick play or competitive, was degenerating into people having hissy fits over team comp, or bickering over which particular 14 year old got to be Hanzo.

Pity, because I actually really enjoyed the core gameplay and for the first few months (until competitive really got going), the community was very low stress. But the degeneration curve was really quite rapid and I decided I just didn't want to put up with it any more.
    I've actually had fewer leavers and toxic players in recent months, but I dunno how much that is down to me just having better luck and not playing that much comp until lately. You do need a certain tolerance for people's shittiness, but that comes with the game being about competitive team play and having a passionate player base.
  • JiveHound 28 Feb 2018 13:13:30 9,559 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm actually off for the rest of the week now as I'm (hopefully) moving. Hoping to get in some serious gaming time amongst all the logistical shite.

Overwatch will be played
  • wobbly_Bob 2 Mar 2018 14:09:47 4,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    After finishing Sniper Elite 4 I'm not sure what I fancy playing next. Started Persona 5 which does look very good but not sure I'm in the right mood for it. Think I fancy something 2d or properly retro.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 2 Mar 2018 14:22:15 6,833 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got five colossi in to Shadow of the Colossus yesterday

So good. Considering how old the base game is it's incredibly fresh and innovative feeling. None of the clutter of more recent titles, no padding, no busywork, just epic scenery, epic encounters and huge amounts of atmosphere.

For some reason the third took me twice the time of any other but it's such a brilliant battle that it just became transcendent in a way nothing has been to play for me since Dark Souls finally clicked
  • 2old4disshit 2 Mar 2018 15:33:38 552 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    20+ hours into Xcom on Vita, I think I'm nearing the end. Getting all sorts of Mechs and stuff now. Save scummed a couple of times. Only Nigeria have left the project and they went early doors.
  • Oldsheppy 2 Mar 2018 15:49:31 21 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    After 75 hours finally defeated Alduin on skyrim. Just nicely in time for Crackdown to come on the backwards compatible list for the xbox one X. Had a few hours on it last night. Still superb.
  • the_dudefather 4 Mar 2018 11:58:33 10,804 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Extremely absorbed by Divinity Original sin 2 at the moment, At the moment I'm just stomping around the act 1 island discovering a new amazing thing around every corner

The game's got so much going on with different systems and ways to tweak your characters, can't wait to get to a point to respec some of my party (especially after seeing some of the other skills in action)
  • Humperfunk 4 Mar 2018 12:12:24 7,618 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yakuza 0 - finally decided to start it last week and put about 10 hours in and bloody hell, wish I hadn't put it off for so long. No way I will finish before Ni No Kuni 2 so hopefully won't get side tracked with that (although it's my most anticipated game this year...)

Still on Chaos Child on Vita, got a couple of long flights coming up so hoping I can put a bigger dent into it.
  • Malek86 4 Mar 2018 13:35:54 7,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just started Blood and Wine yesterday. It's about time I put an end to my TW3 days.
  • bighairybear65 5 Mar 2018 08:28:16 232 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Giving online games a bit of a break for now, huge backlog of Sony Exclusives in my library so.....
    Last of Us, after failing numerous times I'm really going for it now, determined to complete before starting Uncharted 4 or Bloodborne (yep played neither... online games, time sinks!) ... really enjoying it and actually getting somewhere with it, rediscovered single player gaming! ;)
  • Graxlar_v3 5 Mar 2018 09:13:47 2,789 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Dissidia NT - actually more fun than i thought it would be :) i put 10 hours into it over the weekend and have nearly fully unlocked the story

Monster Hunter - So good

Final Fantasy 14 - played a bit of this over the weekend and i remembered why i enjoyed playing it. Hella lotta fun :)
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 5 Mar 2018 09:25:47 3,576 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    On the final mission for Super Robot Wars V now. Probably going to do an immediate NG+, though, to see some of the story branches I missed (and try out the DLC, which I've now grabbed via a Singaporean PSN account). It's actually a surprisingly awesome game. Pity that licensing reasons mean that the "main" Super Robot Wars titles can never be released in the West, but credit to the publisher for using clever work-arounds through "international versions".

In the final stages of a dual-Skaven co-op Vortex game in Total War: Warhammer 2. This has been my "main" game since it released in September, but once we've finished this campaign, we'll probably put it on ice until the Norsca DLC hits, as there are no other faction combinations we want to play right now. So we'll be looking for another 2-player co-op game to fill the spot. Considering God Eater 2, as we both got it from the monthly Humble Bundle.

Started Kingdom Come: Deliverance on Saturday. Still can't decide whether I like it (leaning "no", but don't want to give up yet).

Also played a bit of Celeste. Love the gameplay, but could do without the massive doses of hipsteriness that infuse all of the plot scenes.

Working through FF12 on PC, albeit at a fairly slow pace. Definitely the best way to play the game. 60fps and no vsync really transforms how responsive it feels.

A few games I want to play coming out in the next few weeks; FF15 PC and Pillars of Eternity 2 for sure. Possibly Ni No Kuni 2 as well, though I'm waiting for reviews on that one, as reports from people who've played pre-release builds are not positive.
  • MadCaddy13 5 Mar 2018 12:30:58 2,897 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just restarted the Witcher 3 after a couple of years away so it kind of feels fresh (I played it to death back when it came out!).
    Iíve had to abandon Nier Automata as I felt I was pretty much losing the will to game anymore. It just sapped my desire! But replaying this has fully restored it
  • Dombat 5 Mar 2018 12:32:34 1,309 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Witcher 3 and Overwatch. They're all I need right now.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.