Following What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 85

• Switch024 1 Aug 2018 12:04:23 2,985 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Rogueywon Cheers Rogueywon, I'll see how I get on with Tokyo Mirage Sessions but that's Persona 5 back on the radar.
  • DarmokJalad 1 Aug 2018 12:14:04 63,616 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Transport Fever, kind of like a 3D version of Transport Tycoon. Already sunk about 600 hours into it so I must be good.
  • kentmonkey 1 Aug 2018 16:13:27 22,717 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The Witness. No idea what's happening but enjoying it.

Did 56 puzzles in 1hr 23 mins last night, which I didn't realise at the time but including some ambling about and taking in the scenery, I'm quite pleased with that progress! Most I did first time but then I'm assuming it ramps up from here a bit.

I've so far done the area around the boat house, and the lake, along with a hidden one in a bunker of some sort, and around the castle walls.

Really enjoying it, and so relaxing! Would have liked some very ambient music in it though.

One final point - looks amazing with the HDR option turned on. Everything really PINGS!
  • techblogger911 1 Aug 2018 16:39:55 19 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    American Truck Simulator as of now. I love trucks and simulators.
  • Mr_Sleep 1 Aug 2018 17:59:56 21,960 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @kentmonkey stick at it too. Later parts rely on understanding of other puzzles. I have picked it up a few times and have forgotten the methods. I keep starting again and then ditching it.
  • ReinaHW 2 Aug 2018 01:02:59 45 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I'm hopping around with games at this time so it's been a case of No Man's Sky which I'm enjoying, Diablo 3, Lego Marvel Avengers and Incredibles and more.

Struggling to just focus on one game and try to get it finished.
  • Humperfunk 2 Aug 2018 08:17:38 7,787 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Playing No Man's Sky in 5-10 minute goes before it crashes repeatedly, and then I resume GTAV story and online mode, the latter of which has been absolutely brilliant.

On the go I'm playing Radiant Historia on the 3DS and is really good, can tell it's going to have a classic JRPG soundtrack. Lovely shit.
  • ghearoid 2 Aug 2018 09:42:17 3,060 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Switch - dipping back into Breath of the Wild. I finished the story and shrines last autumn, but I have a handful of sidequests still to do. I just enjoy messing about in the
    world.

3DS - Fire Emblem Fates Revelation, reached chapter 13, producing lots of children.
  • Singularity 2 Aug 2018 09:58:55 2,812 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Wario Ware Gold got me to rest the Switch in favour of the 3DS, and has ended up with me having another crack at Dragon Quest VIII. It's lovely.
  • TitanWarlord93 2 Aug 2018 10:03:20 327 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Destiny 2

Solstice of Heroes just started and needing to level up as high as I can in preparation for the Forsaken expansion.

Played a couple of redux missions and keeping up with my weekly milestones and I think the grinding is more difficult than I thought it was going to be.
  • wuntyphyve 2 Aug 2018 10:03:27 10,858 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A wee bit of No Man's Sky now and again and that's it. Everything is boring the shit out of me so I can't be bothered playing anything. Think I'm in a bit of a slump. I need a new Dark Souls ffs.
  • Graxlar_v3 2 Aug 2018 10:04:49 4,170 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Switch:- Enter the gungeon seems to be occupying my octopath traveller timeslot right now. Pokken Tournament is quite fun for a few rounds and i am gonna get back into splatoon a bit.

X1 - Destiny 2 (occasionally)
    PS4 - FF14
  • Switch024 2 Aug 2018 10:13:33 2,985 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Played another couple of hours of Tokyo Mirage Sessions and have just got to the end boss of the first dungeon, seems to have taken me ages to work my way through.

Really enjoying it but I think the flow of the game suffers a little from having to go back and forth to your headquarters to change equipped weapons, it needs to be done often in order to keep learning new skills and seems like something that could have easily been done in the menu.
  • retro74 2 Aug 2018 10:30:35 2,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @wuntyphyve I was like that until I played Resident Evil 7 and then after some initial reservations I was hooked

The type of game you think about all the time when you're not playing it - like Dark Souls
  • Dombat 2 Aug 2018 10:32:48 1,400 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Final Fantasy XV. I'm sort of forcing my way through the game but gradually enjoying it more as I play it. The plot is too thin to catch onto what's really going on (and I watched the film and cartoons) and the combat is ok but not particularly nuanced. The world is stunning though.

Otherwise, mostly games on Xbox One right now:

Ori and the Blind Forest
    Forza Horizon 3
    Overwatch
    Street Fighter 30th Anniversary

Need to get back into Dark Souls Remastered before I get out of touch with it. Currently at Artorias.

I've still only completed one game this year! I really need to focus on finishing some of the above.

Edited by Dombat at 10:35:46 02-08-2018
  • Graxlar_v3 2 Aug 2018 10:51:29 4,170 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Switch024 wrote:
    Played another couple of hours of Tokyo Mirage Sessions and have just got to the end boss of the first dungeon, seems to have taken me ages to work my way through.

Really enjoying it but I think the flow of the game suffers a little from having to go back and forth to your headquarters to change equipped weapons, it needs to be done often in order to keep learning new skills and seems like something that could have easily been done in the menu.
    Stop making me want to get the wii u out :(
  • Switch024 2 Aug 2018 11:02:42 2,985 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 :-) I'm loving the Wii U at the minute, got so many great games for it that I really didn't give the time they deserved because I was playing Destiny all the time.

I actually got mine out of the loft to play Bayonetta because I couldn't justify buying it again for the Switch, completely forget about Tokyo Mirage Sessions, fired it up and now I'm hooked.

Edited by Switch024 at 11:03:38 02-08-2018
  • Red_Bool 3 Aug 2018 08:23:24 1,695 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bravely Second on the 3DS

I have it since launch and somehow only play it when on holiday. I must be near the end now :)
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 3 Aug 2018 08:45:10 7,959 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tried to get my laptop working to play more Sunless Sea after the PS4 announcement.

Didn't work

Hurry up Ian Sony, get it online!
  • wuntyphyve 3 Aug 2018 10:38:28 10,858 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @retro74 funny you should say that. Recently played through RE2 & 3 on the vita and itís the first bit of gaming I genuinely enjoyed for a while. Not played RE7. Maybe I should give it a go.
  • quadfather 3 Aug 2018 10:45:15 33,041 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bit of everything really. Resumed God of War 4 again. Waiting for Rob to be online for some DS remastered in the DLC. Persistence and a couple of other VR ones to go through. Am tempted to go back into No Man's Sky again for the 3rd time. Eternal Darkness on the Wii to finish, along with Resi 2 to be replayed through from the start. And Alien Isolation from the start. And half way through Prey.

It's just a mess.
  • retro74 3 Aug 2018 11:25:12 2,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @wuntyphyve It's well worth playing. I found it really frustrating at first because I'm a natural hoarder. I'd try saving all my powerful ammo until the end and then end up completing it barely using anything other than a handgun

It's even better on subsequent playthroughs as the stuff you unlock is genuinely useful and you use all the other weapons too
  • quadfather 3 Aug 2018 11:27:48 33,041 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

Yeah, I'd definitely give it a go mate. It's also very genuinely creepy as fuck in places. In VR it's super scary at first, but you eventually overcome it. Well, almost :)
  • wuntyphyve 3 Aug 2018 11:32:26 10,858 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @retro74 Hmmm. Very tempted. Also because I watched footage of the RE2 remake last night which looks bloody immense. I realise I'm casting my net far too wide trying to enjoy a whole load of games that I naturally am not inclined to like, which in turn is boring me / putting me off. Resident Evil 7 is right up my alley yet curiously I've not picked it up yet because I've been wasting my time with other crap.
  • quadfather 3 Aug 2018 11:33:13 33,041 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

Like a ship without a rudder.

Get it man!
  • wuntyphyve 3 Aug 2018 11:33:30 10,858 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @quadfather VR is a no no for me. I'll end up accidentally punching my son in the face on one of his midnight wanderings.

Gimme a shout on PSN if you meet up with rob on DS man and I'll join in whenever that happens to be.
  • quadfather 3 Aug 2018 11:44:47 33,041 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

You don't have to play RE7 in VR - it's fine on a normal telly as well. In fact, *cough*, I had to play a certain section without the headset...*cough* too scared *cough*.

Yeah, will do with DS. We're in the DLC, just about to unlock the shortcut near Chester. No bosses down in either gameworld iirc.
  • wuntyphyve 3 Aug 2018 11:47:43 10,858 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @quadfather Normally telly will shit me up just fine. Probably end up punching that instead.

Cool. If I'm not showing online fire me a message anyway and if I'm around I'll jump on to help batter shit.
  • retro74 3 Aug 2018 13:52:46 2,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @wuntyphyve Noticed in Tesco just then that RE7 was £15 so might be a good time to pick it up

If you've enjoyed any RE game even a little bit (which I know you have) it is an absolute must play
  • Switch024 3 Aug 2018 14:24:48 2,985 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah Resi 7 is great, for £15 anyone even slightly interested in horror games should be picking it up.

Can't being to imagine what it must feel like in VR though, I was absolutely shitting myself at the start just playing it on the TV.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.