Following What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 103

• ChiefGB 14 Jan 2019 10:19:25 10,083 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am currently paralysed from choice and just getting supremely bored with everything an anything after like an hour of play or so.
    Finally started nioh last week but put it on last night and noped out of lvl 2 after 10 mins, just canít be doing with the stress of it all just now. Restarted resi 2 on vita also last week, have had a few sessions on that.
    Put ac odyssey on last night having left it for past week, which kept me busy for an hour or so but is starting to feel a bit too big.
    Got divinity 2 on Xbox for birthday so been replaying the beginning of that as I started on pc last summer, the beginning isnít all that inspired though.

Graveyard keeper is a decent little game Iíve been plugging away at on Xbox this last week or so as well as you can play it for minutes or an hour or so. Fun little alternative to stardew valley.
  • Nitrous 14 Jan 2019 23:22:15 1,766 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Resident evil 7 (PS4)

Last played in September according to the save file. The recently released Resi Evil 2 demo inspired me to get playing. Think I'm about to find parts to build a flamethrower and really enjoying it.

That 1st boss battle though was testing my patience. Resorted to first aid treatment and a YouTube video to get me through.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 Jan 2019 10:38:54 4,971 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Tales of Vesperia -

I am enjoying this immensely (apart from the bit where you have to choose between 2 girls or a little boy to seduce a guard so you can sneak into an area).

Seeing as it was the little boy's suggestion and i did not want to pimp out the girls i sent him, which made me feel even worse as i had to dress the boy up as a little girl and send him to be nonced :/. (they knocked out the guard before anything indecent happened) but c'mon Japan, stop this shit.
  • quadfather 15 Jan 2019 10:45:55 33,753 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still not in the mood for rdr2. So it's alien isolation on the Xbox. Quite enjoying it. Got monster boy on switch after that unless resident evil 2 remake turns up beforehand
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Jan 2019 13:32:38 24,058 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yet again, yet again I can't decide and commit to 1 game, which is frustrating as that is when I'm happiest!

So in view of that:
    Xbox flavour
    Fallout NV complete edition on 360/xb1. Actually I think this will be my main squeeze. I have had many false starts over the years. I have rerolled and started again, couple of hours in and I'm really enjoying it.

AC: Odyssey. Came back on Sun after several months away, very hard to get "back into"

Gears
    ...my beloved Gears.

Ps4 flavour
    Dying Light, The Following edition. Played the original game to death on xbox, probably my fav zombie game ever. This version was £11 I think I'm psn, never played the dlc and too good a price to pass up. Only an hour in and I love it all over again. I love be the Zombie/creature mode as well

GoW
    The other gow. Only got today (EG swapsies) we don't need to mention it is the forth (possibly 5) time I have owened. I will enjoy this time ;)
  • dmj 15 Jan 2019 14:05:18 896 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm mainly playing EDF 5, but I'm rationing it to a level or two per night (and that's when I actually get time).

I have a quick twenty minutes on Tetris Effect most mornings.

I'm trying to ignore my Steam backlog (pretty much every game I own there).
  • The_Goon 15 Jan 2019 14:20:18 1,192 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am still playing Rocket League to my utter annoyance. I love the game but it takes me away from so many other great games I could be playing. Even when I tell myself I'll just have a couple of games, it ends up being an hour later. Argh.
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Jan 2019 14:30:50 24,058 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @ChiefGB

See my post (not vest) mate, same boat as you really. It is rather frustrating isn't it.
  • Thebigwahoonie 15 Jan 2019 14:51:07 259 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Playing some Monster Hunter Generations and Onimusha for now (switch). With a dabble in Dark souls 3 if I get sidetracked (PS4).

Edited by Thebigwahoonie at 14:53:20 15-01-2019
  • Zippity-zap 15 Jan 2019 16:56:42 368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm having trouble committing to big open world titles at the moment, so I'm flitting around between Spider-Man, RDR2 online, and Helldivers (which is always glorious).

Edited by Zippity-zap at 16:57:27 15-01-2019
  • Oldsheppy 15 Jan 2019 17:09:22 32 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Red dead redemption 2. On the second epilogue part........... Please just let it end. It's been.... okay. As a lot of people have been saying nice world shame about parts of the game. Also my son wants to go halves on a switch, I'm thinking about it. Had one a while ago and sold it. Do have a bit of a hankering for another one. Getting a bit bored of massive big budget games ( last 3 games I finished are assassin creed origins, god of war, spiderman). Wouldn't mind a bit of nintendo magic.
  • bellybouncer 16 Jan 2019 02:28:09 11 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Just (re)discovered 428 Shibuya Scramble after many years thanks to Malek86. What a ride. Always found visual novels (even the more highly regarded ones like Steins Gate) to get it all wrong and fall apart when they suddenly try to become all "gamey". This gets it all right. Great game. Everyone should play it. Would have been nice if it got an English handheld release.
  • Doomspoon 16 Jan 2019 14:52:35 2,947 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sundered on PC. Really enjoying it but the third area is torturous at times. Horizon 4 on Xbox here and there. Meaning to get on with RDR 2 on PS4 but not getting around to it.
  • Malek86 18 Jan 2019 23:18:06 8,173 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm using the last week of Game Pass to play We Happy Few (on PC).

I see it's been updated since launch. The accessibility options are good. I set the survival bits to easy, which seems to make the game much better than when I last tried it. The atmosphere is nice and the story seems interesting. Maybe I'll pick it up when I find it cheap.
  • Bichii 19 Jan 2019 07:57:44 1,016 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Shadow of tomb raider. I keep nearly binning it, it's pretty boring. Just did one but I loved though, the oil refinery. Loved dark Lara. I'm at my happiest when covering myself in mud and stabbing men.
  • Darth_Flibble 19 Jan 2019 10:17:37 3,289 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Also playing We Happy Few on gamepass but on xbox one. tbh "free" on gamepass is the right price. Its terrible stealth game, the fighting is terrible (your weapons break so easily but the AI's never break.

You can put it on easy for survival (or customise so different parts are easy or normal etc) so food or water is never a problem as the meters don't drain very fast but its never fun. The game is still buggy and glitches, like the world floor disappeared and just had the grass on the ground. NPC animation are janky still.

While they have updated it a lot, they wasted so much time at the start of dev, when it was going to be this survival game. Shame it was not like bioshock type game. I do like the game world and atmosphere and want to see want happens in the story, there is now 3 characters each with their own story. Also from the achievement stats, you can see where a lot of gamers gave up in the game. Arthurs intro is as 21.20% but the "band of brothers encounter" is at 8.48%.

Not sure why MS purchased these devs, like contrast, their games have nice ideas and the world is interesting but the games are broken. I have contrast on 360 and it has game breaking glitch that they never fixed
  • Gunzberg 19 Jan 2019 10:27:00 2,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I played Contrast on the PS long ago, it was super average. Looking at the user reviews and mechanics of We Happy Few I realised I would never bother with, I hate survival games, stealth games and broken beyond belief titles. I really wish it had turned more into a Bioshock type game as the first trailer implied.

Might also give it a go on GamePass but then again Shadow of the TR has just arrived by mail and Episode 2 of the AC Odyssey DLC is out...
  • mrharvest 23 Jan 2019 19:29:28 5,585 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I bought Far Cry Primal in a Steam sale. To me it feels the best Far Cry game since FC2. The survival mode is pretty good (if not terribly challenging).

I guess the only balance change I would have made is more dangerous animals and less dangerous people. I guess they really wanted you to stealth through the outposts this time but it's a bit boring.
  • JoelStinty 23 Jan 2019 20:33:38 7,230 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Horizon Zero Dawn.

Its ok. Enjoy it in spurts, but my god did Guerrilla games employ Rockstar level designers? Every mission is the same. Travel half across map. Go here. Kill A B AND C and travel back. Its tedious. It has its moments especially when you get caught up in the midst of a battle. But it is a game that is a one trick pony, abeit a very pretty one.

Edited by JoelStinty at 20:34:42 23-01-2019
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 25 Jan 2019 13:32:05 5,002 posts
    Seen 24 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Started Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 last night, as it came out of beta. Almost skipped the tutorial, as I figured (correctly) I'd know how the basic mechanics worked from the first game. Ended up very glad that I didn't.

They've really gone to town on the budget and production values for this one. The "tutorial" is basically two missions, interspersed by extensive cutscenes, that play out over the course of an hour or so and narrate the battle of Cadia. This is the big, apocalyptic battle that moved the old Warhammer 40K setting into the new Dark Imperium version, complete with huge fleet battles, some of the largest spaceships in the 40K universe (which is saying something) and a planet getting blown up.

Having your tutorial be the kind of spectacle that most games save for their final battle is certainly a bold statement of intent. Interesting to see whether they can keep it up.

Other than that, the tactical combat side of things is very similar to that in the first game, albeit with much prettier graphics. The new 4X-lite strategic overlay seems functional enough, but not played enough yet to know whether it actually adds anything meaningful.
  • ghearoid 29 Jan 2019 09:22:54 3,178 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Valkyria Chronicles 4 - currently at chapter ten so just over halfway through. I'm enjoying it very much and replaying maps for A rank as I go along.

Xenoblade Chronicles Wii - I'm at the Eryth Sea, doing the next story quest, just under lvl40. Super fun, though I can never decide who to have in my party and keep changing.
  • the_dudefather 29 Jan 2019 09:48:28 10,881 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Resident Evil HD

Never finished it before, despite starting multiple times over the years (different versions)

Think I've explored most of the 2 main floors of the mansion now, pretty hooked by it now!
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 5 Feb 2019 14:20:13 5,002 posts
    Seen 24 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tried a bit of Battlefleet Gothic 2 co-op last night. My word, they weren't kidding when they said campaign co-op was still in a beta state. At the end of the first tactical battle, I got kicked from the game (no big deal, as I wasn't the host, and the host just reinvited me). At the end of the second tactical battle, we got an infinite loading screen and had to alt+F4 then go back to the pre-battle autosave. This cycle continued over all future battles. We tried switching to me hosting, but that just changed who got kicked at the end of every other battle.

Pity, because it's a really, really good game (and one that deserves a lot more attention) and co-op will clearly be fantastic once it's working. But I guess we're sitting and waiting for a patch for the time being.
  • Graxlar_v3 5 Feb 2019 14:29:00 4,971 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Resident Evil 2
    Tales of Vesperia... i feel like i am a few hours away from completing both \o/

FF14 still

and

Binding of isaac - not sure how i feel about this but I have fallen into the one more run trap
    Wizard of legend - really like this but feel the complete opposite and need a break after a run.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.