Following What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 104

• Malek86 5 Feb 2019 20:54:38 8,173 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've decided to take care of the Twitch Prime backlog, so now I'm playing The Messenger.

Seems good enough, but not very hard so far. I've heard of a mid-way twist though. Maybe that will be the jump in quality I'm looking for.
  • Steifybobbins 5 Feb 2019 21:20:54 528 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @The_Goon same here, buy new game, play rocket league regret buying new game. I wouldn't mind if I were good at it but I flip flop between gold one and plat forever and ever. Currently plat in 3's gold 3 in two's and on and on it goes
  • JoelStinty 5 Feb 2019 21:40:10 7,230 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The crew.

The very definition of Average. I donít think it is even that but I see how it plays out. Presentation is drab. Story stuff is utter gubbins. So far the driving model is poor and is probably no better than watchdogs or a open world game. The roads you drive on and courses are boring. But Iím a sucker for stupid things like the idea I can take part in an event that goes from one side of the coast to the other. It is early doors though, it could improve. The off road racing has been pretty fun though and reminds me a little bit of smugglers run.

Thing is, itís not offensive or bad itís, just... well nothing but I can see myself just ticking away at it. When you put it up against burnout paradise and the NFS games, theyíre game worlds designed for fun, here they have had an idea but not really thought through how it plays. Yet anyway.

Edited by JoelStinty at 21:41:49 05-02-2019
  • vensmith 5 Feb 2019 22:13:33 1 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Decided to kick off a 2D Metroid play through recently, but taking the remakes where available. Clocked Zero Misson and am hunting down those floaty gits in Samus Returns on the 3DS currently.

Super Metroid is cued up on the Wii U VC, then finally it'll be time for Fusion! Of course this all helps me diligently ignore Prime Trilogy that I REALLY do want to wrap up before Prime 4 drops ;)
  • DangerousDave_87 6 Feb 2019 23:35:46 5,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I still need to play the 3DS remake of Metroid II. I played the original on the 3DS with the black and white colour palette and it gave the game a very vintage horror vibe. The isolation only added to it further. As good as a gameboy experience gets, really.
  • ChiefGB 7 Feb 2019 01:59:21 10,083 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, where to start. Iím off this week so dug out a few from my backlog to lighten the load a little and then naturally ignored half of them and ping ponged around the others. So far Iíve spent hours trying to grind tlw on destiny 2, played the anthem demo (again), a day in horizon zero dawn (finally starting to click) a few hours on far cry 5 (I like it), apex legends dropped so I lost yesterday and a few hours today to that and Iíve played RDR2 again for much of today.

Other games Iíve set aside but not back to are persona 5, then I have shadow of the colossus and dragon quest 11
    unopened.

Tomorrow shadow of the tomb raider goes to gamepass and the division 2 beta launches.

I have no idea how I never seem to finish much these days............
  • Nanocrystal 7 Feb 2019 04:34:28 1,768 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hitman (the episodic one currently free on PSN, 2016 I think?)
    First Hitman game I've ever played. Really enjoying it so far, still mucking around in the tutorial missions and completing challenges. I might turn off some of the guidance/hand-holding for the next destination I think.

Edited by Nanocrystal at 04:34:53 07-02-2019
  • ChocNut 8 Feb 2019 13:08:31 2,406 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Iím playing resi2, doom and grip on switch and the odd bit of SFV on my vita (remote play).

Looking forward to a game called red matter on psvr (currently too expensive).
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 8 Feb 2019 14:29:20 5,002 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Quite a few games on the go at the moment.

Kingdom Hearts 3: Been waiting for this for many, many years and it still feels slightly surreal that it's actually out. About 7 hours in and enjoying it, but I only seem to have the energy for console games at the weekend these days (I just slump at the desk with a PC game on weeknights).

Ace Combat 7: PC version is barebones as hell, but the game's still fun. Plot is ridiculous and over-wrought, but the dogfighting is great.

Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2: Really impressive space combat tactics game, now overlaid with a lightweight but decent 4X strategic layer. Singleplayer campaign has been great so far. Sadly, co-op is too buggy to be properly playable right now.

Resident Evil 2: Liking this. Think I'm near the end of my "Leon A" playthrough. Very graceful remake indeed, that feels like a far more modern game than I'd expected.

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey: I like it, but the sheer size (and quantity of busywork) makes it intimidating. I'm trying to make sure it doesn't slide onto the backburner.

Super Robot Wars V: Got three missions to go on my NG+ hard mode run, but they're all bastard-tough ones. Will likely be fully done with this once I finish NG+.

Forza Horizon 4: Still rumbling along in the background, though only really keeping it warm with the weekly Forzathons in anticipation of the second expansion.

Edited by Rogueywon at 14:29:31 08-02-2019
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Feb 2019 14:51:17 24,058 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm alternating 2 main games at the moment, each getting a days play , which means anywhere from an hour to 3, before switching to the other

XBOX.
    WD2 (which I love/loved and completed on ps4)
    AC BlackFlag (previously completed 360 version)
    I also play Gears daily.

PS4
    When I can be bothered to switch it on:
    Dying Light The following (completed base game on xbox upon release) excellent game, about 5 hours in ?

As you can see I have no real desire to play anything "new" at the moment. I tried Apex Legs, it is fine but not really my thing.
    Playing Division 2 demo, 5 odd hours in and enjoying, not sure if enough to pay £50 on release though.
    Tried Anthem, again ok but not really my thing.

My first actual new game of this year will be Crackdown next Friday.
  • Gunzberg 8 Feb 2019 16:23:33 2,670 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Spyro Reignited, it is fun but oh so frustrating because of the millimeter precise jumps you need under time pressure, lack of checkpoints at times and the subsequent repetition of certain sections like 30x because Spyro has the jump and glide ability of a dead pig.

Will persevere but gave up getting 100% on the first, got 92% now on to the 2nd
  • JoelStinty 9 Feb 2019 09:50:13 7,230 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Onimusha Warlords:

Good. Spent a couple of hours with it so far. It's resi in a samurai skin, but swordplay, whilst pretty basic is really responsive and fun. Has a bullshit puzzle section in it about an hour in where it delivers three puzzles in a row which you can fail (two of them) and die which takes you back to the previous save. God knows how i had the patience for that way back when, but otherwise its good, but nothing a good old walkthrough (with the pictures made out of letters and symbols at the top, remember them?) sorted out after a few failed attempts.

It's a bit looser than Resi, and the castle/keep etc isn't as a seductive place to explore as most resi's mansion or police station, and it doesn't hide its gameplay loop as well as those games either but i'm enjoying my time with it.

The Crew

Still pretty average, off road stuff is still the best stuff, but it's playable.

Horizon.

Just doing some trophy stuff whilst catching up on some podcasts.
  • Malek86 9 Feb 2019 14:31:51 8,173 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I got to the halfway twist in The Messenger, and... that's pretty cool. I was expecting something like a second run, which was hinted throughout the game, but not that it would actually open up like this.

So far it's challenging but not too hard. A pretty good balance.
  • samharper 9 Feb 2019 15:22:57 1,081 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Quite enjoying Spider-Man on PS4, refreshing change of pace after RDR2, it's super Far Cry in terms of hoovering up the map though and it is insanely repetitive. Fun fighting even though I'm not normally a fan of Batman style animation fighting, and it is really pretty with a good, if light, story. Does already feel like it's going to be a bit too long though (I'm 50% through).
  • wobbly_Bob 9 Feb 2019 17:14:52 4,808 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Playing Skyrim on PS4. I did play a little before but wasn't really in the mood for it so this is my first real play through.
  • bighairybear65 12 Feb 2019 10:49:10 270 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gears of War 4 from my 5 slot challenge, game 2...
    Good dumbass fun, looks pretty too.
    First ďrobotĒ levels are a bit boring but now the horde are here itís back to old gears, great stuff 👍
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 12 Feb 2019 23:07:21 5,002 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    28 hours into Battlefleet Gothic 2 now. This game is bloody amazing. Best implementation of "escalating levels of difficulty, complexity and general panic" I've ever seen in a 4X-style campaign.
  • TOOTR 13 Feb 2019 18:51:48 10,447 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Final Fantasy XIII on XBOX One X and I'm loving it
  • AddyJB 13 Feb 2019 19:08:39 937 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Still chipping away at Slay the Spire and had a bit of a vita comeback.
  • ghearoid 13 Feb 2019 20:33:49 3,178 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Xenoblade Chronicles - yes, finally playing the first one. I'm stuck on a boss battle in some temple in the Eryth sea and I can't even warp out to level up or buy weapons etc. Bugger.

Valkyria Chronicles - yes, finally got around to playing this one too. Currently stuck on the bastard chapter 7 bastard mission. Bastard.

I'm not having much luck but I'd been enjoying them up to now. Just have to break through. I pop back to Kirby Star Allies when it all gets too much.

Edited by ghearoid at 20:38:00 13-02-2019
  • Mola_Ram 14 Feb 2019 03:00:44 19,198 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I decided to give Wasteland 2 a go on the Switch. The controls and teeny tiny text size have taken getting used to, but so far I like it. It feels like a meaty RPG, and I think it really benefits from not having all the dialogue voiced. I wish more modern RPGs realised the power of text.
  • Nitrous 14 Feb 2019 07:57:38 1,766 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sniper Elite 4 from the pile of shame...

Not even completed the 1st mission but I think finding out it has a manual save and not just checkpoint saves might help especially when things go really bad when testing things out.
  • Pc_cat 14 Feb 2019 11:27:06 3 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 days ago
    @Graxlar_v3 Are you playing Original or Remake RE2?
  • Malek86 15 Feb 2019 09:29:28 8,173 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider, thanks to Game Pass. I got two months to finish it. I suspect it will be more than enough.

It looks really rough on the standard Xbox One though. I think ROTR looked a lot better.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 Feb 2019 10:06:10 4,971 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Pc_cat RE: make

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.