What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 106

• Rodney 27 Feb 2019 07:39:28 3,778 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    To clarify it features guerilla warfare. There were no gorillas.
  • KnuttinAtoll 27 Feb 2019 08:07:16 7,035 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Metal Gear Solid on the Vita.

Surprisingly good playability and I sped through the game at a reasonable pace... Until I got to the Metal Gear Rex fight. I remember struggling with this in the past, but now it's even more difficult for me, half the times fighting the fiddly controls esp on the Vita.

Tempted to leave it and just YouTube the final scenes for completeness sake. Really life's too short now for these type of silly difficulty spikes. What a sour end to an otherwise still very fresh play experience considering the age of the game.
  • samharper 27 Feb 2019 08:33:08 1,111 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dear Spider-Man

Please finish. This last chapter is not good.

Thanks

Me
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 27 Feb 2019 08:38:55 5,636 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @KnuttinAtoll Yeah, that fight's a big difficulty spike.

MGS does remain an impressive game in many ways. It's absolutely ripe for an RE2-style remake with modern tech and an over-the-shoulder camera. But then... Konami...
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Feb 2019 08:46:24 24,413 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:

XBOX.
    WD2 (which I love/loved and completed on ps4)
    AC BlackFlag (previously completed 360 version)
    I also play Gears daily.

PS4
    When I can be bothered to switch it on:
    Dying Light The following (completed base game on xbox upon release) excellent game, about 5 hours in ?

As you can see I have no real desire to play anything "new" at the moment. I tried Apex Legs, it is fine but not really my thing.
    So 3 weeks on from post above.
    My latest bout of apathy is alive and well!

I did play Crackdown for about 10 hours, but in the end I had more than enough. I am still "playing" the Xbox games, but maybe a few hours over a week. Playing Gears 3,J and 4 daily, even if it is just a single match.

PS4 has not been played in 3 weeks. I switch it on now and again just to see anything new, then it is off again.

I'm still sitting on 2 completed games this year.
  • Graxlar_v3 27 Feb 2019 08:48:31 6,451 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    PS4 - Final fantasy 14 (also kingdom hearts)
    Xbox - Anthem
    Switch - Trails Rising
  • KnuttinAtoll 27 Feb 2019 08:51:01 7,035 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Rogueywon yeah it's aged very well.

Thing is, I know the strategy to beat Rex, but keep slipping up as the margin for error is ever so small.

Will likely attempt the original RE trilogy which is sitting in my Vita backlog for a while. Half dreading the controls as I remember they weren't exactly leading edge when the games released originally.

It's good though that I mellowed a fair bit over the years and will just abandon a game of it's too challenging, saving me plenty of rage fits.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 27 Feb 2019 11:54:12 5,636 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Battlefleet Gothic 2 is sort-of playable in co-op now, so started a co-op Necron campaign. Battles are more fun when the micromanagement is split between two people, but Necrons take a hell of a lot of getting used to. Imperial ships feel nimble by comparison.

Pushing on with Kingdom Hearts 3. It's good, but it doesn't recapture the brilliance of KH2.

Think I'm nearly at the end of my first playthrough of the RE2 remake. One more session should see me to the end credits, at a guess.

Messed around with Far Cry 5 a bit. Looks gorgeous, but gameplay is the same old Ubisoft template.

Also chipping away at Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I've now stuck with it longer than any previous AC game (15 hours or so), but it hasn't really grabbed me yet.
  • Dombat 27 Feb 2019 12:11:17 1,545 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Decided to carry on with the RDR2 playthrough. Was mopping up a lot of side quests the yesterday, some better than others. Will try to advance the story today. I quite like Saint-Denis actually, like the rest of the world it's oozing character and detail. Don't like the amount of careless people walking in front of my horse all the time though!

Also playing Apex Legends in small bursts. I'm still shit but I'm showing signs of improvement and really enjoying it at least.

I'm also thinking of returning to Overwatch for the new season... so there's that.
  • openrob 27 Feb 2019 21:40:46 18 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just finishing up Yakuza Kiwami 2.
    The Yakuza games are special. I only got into them last year with 0.

Took me a while to get into them, and wondered when the 'real game' would actually start, but then I realised that all the side stuff *is* the real game. These sub quests are life.

0 is definitely the best by far, 1&2 are about the same in my head, though the sidequests in 2 are less interesting. There is a compelling story, satisfying gifts and the atmosphere of roaming around Japan is more than cool.
  • Malek86 3 Mar 2019 06:55:36 8,373 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Started up Republic Commando on backward compatibility, but I'm not really feeling it.

My biggest issue is how the guns have no weight to them. That blaster rifle might as well be a water gun, the enemies don't react at all until they die. Performance on the X1 is also not quite where I would like it, I don't know if it's the framerate or frame pacing, either way it doesn't seem very smooth.

And there's also the fact that I was never a fan of prequel trilogy settings. I'll keep going for a while though, we'll see if I warm up to it.
  • BurnoutJunkie 3 Mar 2019 11:05:45 1,117 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Currently playing Mario Maker 3DS, the Nintendo-made levels which come with the game. Currently on something like world 7 of 18 or so. Some of these levels are pretty tough!
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 3 Mar 2019 11:54:41 5,636 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Got Mutant Year Zero in the latest Humble Monthly. Quite impressed with it so far. Nice twist on the XCom formula.
  • wuntyphyve 3 Mar 2019 12:21:34 12,101 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finally gone back to red dead 2. Must have had a good enough break as Iím loving it again. On chapter 5 now.
  • Mola_Ram 13 Mar 2019 23:27:43 19,865 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm playing Breath of the Wild again. Started a new game, because my best experiences with it were at the initial exploration phase. I just love its open world, much more than other open world games.
  • JoelStinty 14 Mar 2019 21:22:52 7,730 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Assassins Creed Origins.

Impressed with this. The level of detail as blown me away. Actually a game that feels Next Gen (or current gen now). Only just reached Alexandria and met Aya mind you and it already is a bit icon central but so far i am enjoying it. The 'reboot' nature of it isn't as extravagant as say God Of War but it refreshes it enough to keep it interesting. Probably helps that I haven't played a AC game for 3 or so years.

Edited by JoelStinty at 21:23:29 14-03-2019
  • Gunzberg 14 Mar 2019 21:59:10 2,690 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Enderal.

A full game made in the Skyrim Engine. Totally Free.

It is fucking amazing, over 50 hours in and at least another 100 of content to go. Really worth checking out now that it has been expanded on with its own DLC.
  • whatthefu 17 Mar 2019 01:59:27 1,198 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm also playing Assassins Creed Origins.
    I've only played Syndicate after the Ezio games so I'm not burned out. I've always enjoyed the AC games and there are some very welcome improvements in Origins and the size of the world, wow.
  • Mola_Ram 17 Mar 2019 04:52:34 19,865 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Phwoar, Baba Is You is a bit special isn't it. The conceit of it is so simple and yet so brilliant. Early GOTY contender for me.
  • ghearoid 17 Mar 2019 18:30:37 3,199 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Xenoblade Chronicles Wii - I'm at lvl78 so I must be very near the end now. Surely ;)

Valkyria Chronicles 4 NSW - I picked up the DLC as it's half price on the eShop this week so I'm back to this excellent game. I've unlocked the swimming cozzies and Squad 7 so far. Great stuff.
  • Darth_Flibble 17 Mar 2019 20:07:18 3,388 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Soul Calibur 6

It has 2 story modes and both are awful, fighting games have had decent story modes for a while but this feels outdated

The fighting is good but the backgrounds look rough (the ones I've seen in story mode)
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 17 Mar 2019 21:54:43 5,636 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The currently-on-the-go list...

Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2: Finished Imperium campaign. Trying to play Necron in co-op but co-op is so goddam buggy. Probably be finished with this soon.

Devil May Cry 5: Up to Chapter 17, so I think I'm nearly done. Loved the early missions, but the environments get samey in the second half.

Far Cry 5: Enjoying this more than I thought I would. Already stuck with it longer than any previous game in the series bar the original.

Metro Exodus: Awesome game. Currently fighting a cannibal cult. Visuals are stunning on an RTX 2080Ti.

Kingdom Hearts 3: Just finishing up the Pirates of the Carribbean world. Think I'm near the end now. It's very good, but not a patch on KH2.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Slowly playing through it on the back-burner.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Picked it up on a whim for solo play. Campaign is fun to start with, but gets insanely repetitive.

Would like to finish a couple of the above in the next few days. We've got Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice launching soon, plus my copy of Super Robot Wars T just shipped from Singapore.
  • Tomo 18 Mar 2019 01:31:16 16,499 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Fired up Mario Odyssey for the first time in over a year. It's decent, but I don't like the gradual move to more and more stars to collect. Mario 64 had 120 crafted stars to find. This one shits them out. You get them for ground pounding somewhere on pretty much every level. It's just a bit cheap sometimes. Still, when it's good, it's got that Mario magic in heaps.

Observer. So close to the finish. Probably less than an hour to go. Just need to push over the line. Decent game though. Some very cool bits, along with some tedium. Looks gorgeous too.

Apex... Although I've cooled a bit this week.

Had my first go on PUBG for first time in 5 weeks. I'm so bad at it now. And the game is so noticeably bad in the light of Apex. The sound is awful. Button response is terrible. Desync is godawful. And yet nothing captures the sense of survival quite like it. Sigh.

Skyrim VR... Modded the hell out of it. Will probably do a touch more and then set about playing my first ever run through of the game! Fupping amazing in VR.
  • RedPanda87 20 Mar 2019 11:19:36 1,875 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hypnospace Outlaw

It's unlike anything I've played before and really, really good. Not sure if it will appeal as much to people who weren't using the internet in the late 90s, but it's a real nostalgia trip and has really good investigative gameplay.
  • Darth_Flibble 21 Mar 2019 20:07:46 3,388 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    assassin creed odyssey

7 hours in an just finished chapter 2. I am enjoying it but like the last game its bloated experience. So far side missions are go here and kill someone and/or collect something. Had not had to grind levels so far but if its like AC oranges it may appear half way through the game. (Did found level 8 was too low and needed to be level 9 for the battle at the end of ch2)

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.