What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 107

• RedPanda87 24 Mar 2019 15:07:48 1,892 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    428: Shibuya Scramble

I'm liking it, but for some reason I was under the impression it was only around 10 hours long. Now I've realised it's at least twice that long and probably more and it's dampened my enthusiasm slightly as I rarely have the patience to get through long games these days, but I'll stick with it for now.
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Mar 2019 15:26:21 24,551 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ps4
    MadMax (already completed on xb)
    Darksiders 2
    Mafia III (already completed on xb)
    Hitman goty

XB1
    Gears 3,4
    WD2 (already completed on ps4)
    AC BF (already completed on 360)

360/ps3
    Odds and sods.

Usually I never play more than two games at once, I just can't settle. The hardest part is remembering the input systems to each game!

Loads of new and unplayed games but no great desire to start them!
    On the plus side I have not bought one new game this year :)
  • Malek86 24 Mar 2019 15:43:59 8,455 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RedPanda87 wrote:
    428: Shibuya Scramble

I'm liking it, but for some reason I was under the impression it was only around 10 hours long. Now I've realised it's at least twice that long and probably more and it's dampened my enthusiasm slightly as I rarely have the patience to get through long games these days, but I'll stick with it for now.
    Took me 24 hours overall.

But on the other hand, it's not very replayable. So you should just take your time with it, knowing that even though it's pretty long, you'll be done with it after the credits.

(unless you really want to see the post-ending scenarios, but frankly I think they are not necessary, and may even dampen the emotional effect of the main story)

Edited by Malek86 at 15:45:53 24-03-2019
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 24 Mar 2019 17:14:06 10,270 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Giving the Wonder Boy 3 Dragon's Trap remake another go.

It's really jarring how the new art style makes the game feel like it should be played fast but the underlying game is still all cheap enemy placement and frustrating 8-bit quirks.

Perhaps I'd be better off with something that plays more like I remember 8-bit being than something which plays like 8-bit actually did. Alwa's Awakening?
  • Malek86 24 Mar 2019 17:18:21 8,455 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just started Link Between Worlds today.

Looks a lot like LttP, but I heard it makes some changes to the classic Zelda formula. We'll see. It's still early times for now.

Edited by Malek86 at 17:18:35 24-03-2019
  • JoelStinty 24 Mar 2019 18:36:52 7,867 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:

It's really jarring how the new art style makes the game feel like it should be played fast but the underlying game is still all cheap enemy placement and frustrating 8-bit quirks.

Perhaps I'd be better off with something that plays more like I remember 8-bit being than something which plays like 8-bit actually did. Alwa's Awakening?

How far are you? I felt the same way at first but once I unlocked my first new character it all fell into place. The first hour is brutal, but after that I really enjoyed it
  • monsieur-Cosmo 24 Mar 2019 19:52:25 473 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Ps4
    MadMax (already completed on xb)
    Mafia III (already completed on xb)

XB1
    WD2 (already completed on ps4)
    AC BF (already completed on 360)
    Don't want to be rude but why on earth would you play exactly the same game on 2 different systems? Please enlighten me.
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Mar 2019 04:43:48 24,551 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @monsieur-Cosmo
    Fair point.
    Enjoyment and too some degree familiarity mainly. I didn't "pay" for them again mind you. 3 of them were via psn/live.

I also do not have the passion to start anything new at the moment, this happens a lot.
    :)
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 25 Mar 2019 07:12:37 10,270 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:

How far are you? I felt the same way at first but once I unlocked my first new character it all fell into place. The first hour is brutal, but after that I really enjoyed it
    First attempt I got as far as taking the Mouse Man form but kept taking loads of frustrating hits from flying enemies appearin over jump hazards and gave up.

Wonder Boy in Monster World is one of my all time favourites so I feel like I should persist with this since everyone else seems to think this earlier title is the better one.
  • Darth_Flibble 31 Mar 2019 10:51:23 3,430 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Metro Exodus

Just got to the 1st stop off the train and I like the change. Another game in the metro tunnels again would be boring as its been done in the last 2 games and without spoilers, the new direction adds a lot to the overall story. Some reviewers took issue with this and I don't agree

Artyom not speaking ingame is weird as people will speak to him and he will not say a thing but will talk over the loading screen narrating the next level like in the old games

Also got metro redux code unused (I traded in AC odyssey) which was a nice bonus
  • Malek86 31 Mar 2019 11:08:06 8,455 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Link Between Worlds is starting to show its differences.

Even so, it's nowhere near the revolution that was BOTW - that game could have been called anything else, and people would have been none the wiser. ALBW is still basic Zelda in the end.

The wall-walking mechanic is fun, but even with 3D on, sometimes it can be a little hard to tell the different height of various walls, which makes things more annoying than they oughta be, I think. And the combat feels pretty loose for some reason.

Progress will be slow for sure (not a lot of time to play lately), but I think I'll make it to the end.
  • ghearoid 31 Mar 2019 11:17:01 3,201 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Persona 5 PS3 - exploring the first castle so early days

Kirby's Adventure Wii - another new start, just in the middle of the first world

Valkyria Chronicles 4 DLC - I've completed the main game but picked up the DLC on sale recently, about halfway through.
  • mrharvest 1 Apr 2019 07:25:11 5,591 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Metro Exodus

Just got to the 1st stop off the train and I like the change. Another game in the metro tunnels again would be boring as its been done in the last 2 games and without spoilers, the new direction adds a lot to the overall story. Some reviewers took issue with this and I don't agree
    I think the reviewers too issue with the total change of the central mechanic of the games: outside is an unliveable wasteland and inside is a barely liveable hellhole.

From a game development standpoint I understand the change but from lore perspective it doesn't make sense.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 4 Apr 2019 18:47:43 10,270 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Started The Messenger on PS4 today. What a beautiful piece of work. Captures the memory of 8bit era Ninja Gaiden without any of the frustrations of playing an actual retro title.

About 90 minutes in and so far everything is perfectly executed. Even the knowing humour and references are well balanced so as not to feel like ironic enjoyment or overbearingly elitist.

Looking forward to dropping into it again when I get the chance
  • DrStrangelove 4 Apr 2019 19:56:49 14,118 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Borderlands Enhanced Edition. Loving it. A neat improvement over the original.
  • Malek86 6 Apr 2019 15:22:25 8,455 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I thought ALBW was a little too easy, but now I just got to Lorule and things have started to get sour.

Haven't died yet, but the risk of losing my rented gear is finally more concrete.
  • Malek86 7 Apr 2019 20:09:12 8,455 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finished LBW (that didn't take long at all), and since the total lack of challenge was a bit disappointing, I decided to go for broke and started Majora's Mask. You know, the old N64 cartridge version. No remake tweaks here. I'll need to gather all of my wits, I'm afraid.

It also runs at 17fps (thanks PAL) and the textures look like hot puke because of the composite cables.

But I'll make it eventually. By the way, a quick refresher, because it's been ages since OOT. Who's Link's important friend that I was supposed to be looking for?

Edited by Malek86 at 20:11:25 07-04-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Apr 2019 20:17:31 6,756 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Malek86 Epona
  • Cadence 7 Apr 2019 21:24:00 2,301 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thumper... on mobile! It actually works very well with touch inputs. It's making my morning tube commute rather stressful though.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 8 Apr 2019 07:02:10 966 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Starlink (Switch)

First couple of hours I thought this was a confusing mess that was almost unplayable. Now Iím zipping about the planet beating up anything that moves or looks like it might.

Itís still a bit confusing but the icons are starting to make sense and I can see why Iím being asked to do things. Found a few bugs which have meant I canít complete some things (e.g. the item I need is buried half in a hill) but Iíve just ignored them and cracked on. A little annoying, but not the end of the world.

Two planets of seven done. Plot is still a confused mess, but the game itself is fun zipping across the planet blasting stuff. Weapons could feel more powerful as theyíre a little damp squib at the moment but they still kill things.

Not bad and getting better. Not great yet, but there is hope.
  • Malek86 10 Apr 2019 10:37:51 8,455 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Still playing Majora's Mask. This notebook business is a mess!

And worse, from what I've read, the game gives you very few heart containers from story bosses, and most of them come from sidequests. Not sure I should start the Snowhead temple with just 5 hearts. If only I could find one more piece.
  • JoelStinty 10 Apr 2019 10:52:10 7,867 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finally Started Hollow Knight last night. Nice start, can see me getting addicted to it.

Mario Rabbids Donkey Kong DLC. More of the same from the main game, which means it is good! Does push the switch to the max, cut scenes are a bit framey. Still working out how to get most out the three people you play with, Donkey Kong is quite different to anything else you are given in the main game.

Baba is you. Playing half an hour here and there. Hard! Got my first flower, the main levels haven't been too difficult but the sunken levels have been. Though a couple i have completed on first try after putting it down for a night.

Assassins Creed Origins. Actually have completed this, but just doing trophies whilst i catch up on my podcast bin. Its over filling.

Edited by JoelStinty at 11:08:22 10-04-2019
  • Pipedream 10 Apr 2019 11:06:15 471 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bought an Xbox and Game Pass so going through everything I've missed over the years.

Just completed Halo 4 now on Gears 3, surprised how good they look.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.