What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 109

• Bichii 20 Apr 2019 11:33:19 1,691 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Got three levels into ultra nightmare on Doom last night (one one with one life). Very tense stuff. I've finished it on nightmare twice so I thought I'd step it up. :/
  • Malek86 21 Apr 2019 18:32:18 8,442 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So now that I've put Majora's Mask in the abandoned bin, I can finally focus on Silent Hill 2.

I nabbed a cheap copy of the PS2 Director's Cut a million years ago. Never played it for some reason, perhaps because I had already played it on PC. But that would be basically impossible today, and my PS2 is busted too. So it's time to take out the trusty emulator. It has some occasional hitching during CGI movies, but nothing unbearable.

It would be scarier if all these mannequin monsters didn't go down with a few hits of my trusty nailed wooden plank.
  • Cadence 21 Apr 2019 18:50:39 2,300 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Asscreed Unity. It runs like a turd on my pc but it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. So far the story is more engaging than syndicate, which is the only other game in the series I've played.
  • SonShine 23 Apr 2019 15:23:34 249 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    I think I'm about halfway through Hollow Knight, but it's definitely a 9 or 10. It's a dark souls platformer basically. And they're making a sequel. Nice.

Edited by SonShine at 15:24:08 23-04-2019
  • UtopiaAcap 23 Apr 2019 16:08:50 4 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    At the moment I play in Kingdom Rush 2, but only for a moment. But now I play in Albion Online, in the end there is free 2 play (because I would not pay for this game, then I would have to buy silver and items, it was too expensive fun).
    This is not the best MMO I have played, but it has a very nice atmosphere. I give Albion a rating: Hard 6/10
    Albion Online Gold give you a really good fun and it's for free for everyone. It's cheaper than cheap cause it's cost zero (0)
    But in Albion you can buy silver from developers and from trading sites like Odealo. Probablt it is the best advice for gamers who lost their EQ.
    Main Albion currency is Silver and you can buy Albion currency with real money from the trusted sellers who sell they silver https://odealo.com/games/albion-online
    My adventure with Albion Online started a few months ago, in times when to play in Albion, you had to have a premium account. Today it is easier because the game is free, so you should spend the money saved on the currency. It's good to know about it, I've been looking for answers for a long time and the best thing I found for Albion Silver is Odealo

Edited by UtopiaAcap at 15:08:09 14-05-2019
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 23 Apr 2019 16:11:37 5,825 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Think I'm near the end of Far Cry 5 now. Assuming I'm right about how much I still need to do to finish the game, I'm looking at a finish time of around 30 hours.

That feels reasonable. I suspect if it goes on much longer than that, it'll outstay its welcome. But I'm still enjoying it at the moment (nearly filled the resistance meter in the third region).
  • FIFAfan 26 Apr 2019 22:31:35 226 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks to the wonderful Xbox Game Pass, a couple of games I might not otherwise have bought. And because I'm paying for the service and not the games, I'm happy to try things for as long as I'm interested, without feeling any obligation to 'stick with'.

For instance, Quantum Break. Was fun for a while. Interesting Time Power mechanics. Started to get a little repetitive though a couple of hours in. I may come back to it.

Currently playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. When it focuses on exploration and tombs, it's pretty good and atmospheric as fuck. Goes off the rails a bit though when it throws unwelcome goons and over-the-top action set pieces at you.

Could care less about the 'Trinity' story, and have set combat to 'Easy' (but puzzles and exploration to 'Hard') so I can blow through the crap bits and focus on the more interesting bits.

Next up I'll probably try Alien: Isolation.
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Apr 2019 05:43:03 24,525 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    in order of getting most of my game time at the mo, all xb1:

Gears 3 mp
    Gears 4 mp
    Borderlands tps
    Borderlands,Tales from
    Forza H4

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 05:43:22 27-04-2019
  • Malek86 27 Apr 2019 20:03:17 8,442 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This might be a good time to finally start Prey.
  • Armoured_Bear 27 Apr 2019 20:22:09 26,678 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    in order of getting most of my game time at the mo, all xb1:

Gears 3 mp
    Gears 4 mp
    Borderlands tps
    Borderlands,Tales from
    Forza H4
    How on earth are you not bored of Gears by now???!!
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Apr 2019 20:53:39 24,525 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear

:) didn't you ask me that before?
    No two matches are the same.

I have Gears 5 to look forward to in a couple of months as well.
  • Armoured_Bear 27 Apr 2019 21:07:43 26,678 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear

:) didn't you ask me that before?
    No two matches are the same.

I have Gears 5 to look forward to in a couple of months as well.
    You just keep on amazing me :)

I'm playing Uncharted : Lost Legacy, it's gorgeous in 4K HDR and charming as ever but I am getting a wee bit bored with the gameplay.
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Apr 2019 21:13:52 24,525 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear
    😀
    There is a connection between LL (which I agree is great) do you know what it is?

As for Gears, no other game comes close to giving me the same total euphoria... When it goes well and I'm playing well. Don't forget I'm totally invested in everything Gears and collect memorabilia etc.
  • Armoured_Bear 27 Apr 2019 23:59:57 26,678 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear
    😀
    There is a connection between LL (which I agree is great) do you know what it is?
    No idea!
  • whatthefu 28 Apr 2019 00:33:17 1,217 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've started Crackdown 3, through game pass.
    It's not bad, but can be annoying when enemies hit you from great distance and even if I use auto lock I still can't shoot them back. Auto aim is very hit and miss when I do use it.

There's decent mission variety so far and even though it's supposed to be short I have still not visited half of the map.
  • DUFFMAN5 28 Apr 2019 00:41:11 24,525 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear
    😀
    No idea!
    Claudia Black.
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Apr 2019 07:16:48 26,678 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear
    😀
    No idea!
    Claudia Black.
    Aha, I now know sheís been in loads of games.
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Apr 2019 07:18:29 26,678 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Uncharted :LL finished so back to two games I have played the first 40 mins or so of.
    Nioh and Horizon : Zero Dawn

Not sure which one Iíll do first .
  • Malek86 28 Apr 2019 07:28:51 8,442 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There's something about Prey that throws me off. The mouse controls are... really bad? Can't explain. Maybe the vertical and horizontal sensitivity are different, or it's something else. I'm not sure what it is, but I have a lot of trouble getting comfortable with mouselook for some reason.

Edited by Malek86 at 07:30:58 28-04-2019
  • Tomo 28 Apr 2019 07:32:51 16,567 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I also found this! God I thought it was just me and I needed to tweak the settings (which I didn't in the end).

To me it didn't ever feel particularly smooth. Like you are controlling a robot rather than a human. Almost slightly laggy if that makes sense.
  • JoelStinty 28 Apr 2019 08:56:15 7,840 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SonShine wrote:
    I think I'm about halfway through Hollow Knight, but it's definitely a 9 or 10. It's a dark souls platformer basically. And they're making a sequel. Nice.
    I think I canít be too far off finishing HK. I think I got all the world traversing abilities now to be enable me to get anywhere.

Iíve enjoyed the game but i havenít lost myself to it like I did with Bloodborne or breath of the wild. Itís probably an 8 for me. Can appreciate everything about the game but I havenít fallen for it.
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Apr 2019 09:27:31 22,568 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Nioh!
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Apr 2019 10:48:13 26,678 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear Nioh!
    Cheers, any tips (apart from git gud)?
  • DUFFMAN5 28 Apr 2019 11:27:21 24,525 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Uncharted :LL finished so back to two games I have played the first 40 mins or so of.

I know Sleep said Nioh, and I get that, but I can also vouch for the sublime HZD. I love/loved it and it is a nice "laid back" experience. You have 2 good games there. Can I suggest a third...

.. . GEARS OF WARRRRRRR.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 11:27:40 28-04-2019
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Apr 2019 12:01:49 26,678 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

I know Sleep said Nioh, and I get that, but I can also vouch for the sublime HZD. I love/loved it and it is a nice "laid back" experience. You have 2 good games there. Can I suggest a third...

.. . GEARS OF WARRRRRRR.
    You caught be my surprise there :)

I actually tried Gears back when I had a 360 and it's not for me, the whole dudebros/macho/richo vibe leaves me cold and as I'm shit at games, online multiplayer is pretty pointless for me with most titles apart from Mario Karts and less "hardcore" stuff like that. I appreciate that it has great controls and satisfying feedback but not my cup of tea I'm afraid.

I spent a quick 20 minutes on Horizon:Zero Dawn last night and quite enjoyed it. Maybe playing it and Nioh in parallel is a good idea, one more chilled than the other.
  • RobAnybody 28 Apr 2019 12:03:56 1,695 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Currently playing the horror adventure game Lorelai (from the guy who created The Cat Lady if you've heard of it). Really excellent game so far - well written, nice 2D graphics, atmospheric. Well worth a punt if you love adventure games.
  • Malek86 28 Apr 2019 12:08:09 8,442 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Prey is making my hard drive chug like crazy. I could understand if it were a big, detailed open world game like AC Origins. But Talos I isn't that big, and it's all divided in areas anyway, so what the hell is it streaming exactly?

Edit: moved to the SSD, because my ears couldn't take it anymore. Either I need a bigger SSD, or a quieter HDD.

Edited by Malek86 at 16:41:40 28-04-2019
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 28 Apr 2019 15:46:52 10,227 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Now it's got into a slightly grindy Metroidvania phase of the game I'm mixing up The Messenger by going back to The Last Guardian. Have been reading about Earthsea recently and for some reason the Team Ico games all put me in a similar headspace.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.