• Gunzberg 13 May 2019 18:50:13 2,719 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Far Cry New Dawn

still good FC action
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 14 May 2019 00:00:48 6,352 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Gunzberg Yep, working through that as well. It's fun.

Got pissed off early on with all of its attempts to sell me on pay-to-win. Much more blatant than in FC5.

Very glad I held back now - I've got more resources than I know what to do with, without having spent a penny on pay to win.

But the gunplay and exploration are great. Really love the expeditions.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 14 May 2019 00:12:54 10,899 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Just starting a PS Now trial to play Ico having just played through The Last Guardian.

I'd not played any Team Ico games before this gen so this will be my first time with Ico itself.
    It's taken two evenings play to reach the first save point. Looks like the internet connection of a Northumberland village isn't up to live streaming gameplay just yet :(
  • Gunzberg 14 May 2019 11:08:33 2,719 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Rogueywon I never felt any need to visit the store.

I just played and stuff kept rolling in. I love taking out the chopper and just crash landing middle of some settlement and letting my wild boar run loose. Shame that I think I will finish it in 2-3 days xD
  • cowell 14 May 2019 11:25:17 1,981 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spider-Man PS4 - That's my main at game at home right now. Utterly brilliant. Am about half way through I think

Mario Party Switch - Bit of play on weekends with my eldest. Hilarious

Katana Zero Switch - My main on the move game right now. Stuck on what appears to be the final boss.

Plus my regular evergreen games - Rocket League and Hearthstone
  • quadfather 14 May 2019 12:37:57 34,872 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was doing the dlc for horizon:zd but got sidetracked by dragon's dogma on the switch, so playing through that now, even though I've already done it on the PS4, doh.
  • Trafford 14 May 2019 12:50:36 8,378 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Facing the final boss on Sekiro, been a long old learning curve and have beaten everything I can along the way to level myself up.
    Must have played it for over 150 hours, trying not to crumble and give up, because that's the sort of thing I do.
  • monsieur-Cosmo 15 May 2019 09:19:13 484 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Returned to Resi Evil 4 (PC) just to see how it aged and maybe have some zombie shooting fun. Cannot believe how cheese everything about this game is; how could I have loved it so much first time around on PS2? Oh, I was younger that's why.
    Ok it's a fun zombie-shooting gallery (even though they're not really zombies) and a step-up from previous RE games at least visually and controls-wise but everything else, the "president's daughter", the Spanish-accent guy, the bosses, the weapons seller (why the hell would he even be there?), I keep GLOL-ling and feeling embarrassed at the same time. Well at least it entertains a little, which should be the main point of video games.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 15 May 2019 09:26:57 6,352 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    My "currently live" list:

Monster Hunter World {PC) - Have bounced off this series hard many times over the years and also bounced off the XB1X version of this game. However, a friend who I often play co-op with got a cheap PC key and persuaded me to do the same. We've played it co-op for a couple of nights now and I've gotten further into a Monster Hunter game than ever before without bouncing off it. Yet.

Far Cry New Dawn (PC) - The attempt to force microtransactions down your throat had me frustrated for the first 6 hours or so, but I'm in the late-game now and enjoying it. One of the funnest takes on the post-apocalypse that I've seen for a long time.

Rage 2 (PC) - Played around 90 minutes last night. Gunplay is excellent, everything else seems ok. Not going to rush through this one, as it's apparently quite short.

Forza Horizon 4 (PC) - Still playing this for the seasonal events, especially as the 50% season 9 reward is the Quartz Regalia (missed it first time around). Have a strange feeling I'm getting quite good at this now - managed to nab first place in every Trial race this week.

Baba is You (PC) - Grabbed this to see what all the hype was about. Really enjoyed the opening 5 hours or so, when it's still throwing constant curveballs at you, but then it becomes a bit of a grind, especially as some of the later "rules" seem a bit arbitrary.

Super Robot Wars T (PS4) - A bit of a chore and not even close to the quality of V or X, but working through it out of a sense of obligation. Makes a relaxing enough Sunday afternoon game. The formula and engine of the PS4 games have run their course now - annualisation has turned into a grind.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 15 May 2019 09:27:39 10,899 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I honestly think the PS1 RE games have aged better than the PS2 ones
  • Bichii 15 May 2019 12:39:21 1,891 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hollow knight
    God of war
    Bloodborne
    Tlou.

What a mix.
  • Graxlar_v3 17 May 2019 12:28:39 7,617 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    SonShine wrote:
    Resident Evil 2. They really have nailed the feeling of the old games while cutting out a lot of its annoyances with a modern polish. I'm having loads of fun. It's a nice apology for Resident evil 6.
    It is what I am going we get from the ff7 remake
  • ghearoid 17 May 2019 17:48:06 3,230 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Persona 5 - I'm about to nab the treasure from the third castle. I'm hoping the game will last me until Fire Emblem releases at the end of July.

Otherwise I'm regularly popping back to Breath of the Wild and hunting Korok seeds. Just another 500 or so to go.

Edited by ghearoid at 17:49:46 17-05-2019
  • Addy__ 17 May 2019 20:02:37 1,402 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I'm bouncing around at the moment between switch and laptop.

Switch:
    Katana zero
    Steamworld Heist

Laptop:
    Rage
    Enter the Gungeon
    Darkest Dungeon
    Ghost Recon Wildlands (just started this and it's great!!)
  • drhcnip 17 May 2019 20:26:00 6,337 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    plague tale: innocence.....really enjoying it - and i hate instadeath stealth normally...the prettiness and the medieval vibe have me hooked...
  • whatthefu 17 May 2019 21:33:06 1,236 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Addy__ wrote:
    Single player or co-op?
  • Addy__ 17 May 2019 21:41:07 1,402 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    drhcnip wrote:
    plague tale: innocence.....really enjoying it - and i hate instadeath stealth normally...the prettiness and the medieval vibe have me hooked...
    Is that new mate?
  • Addy__ 17 May 2019 21:41:46 1,402 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    whatthefu wrote:
    Addy__ wrote:
    Single player or co-op?
    SP at the moment. Hopefully one of my mates will grab it for jolly co op.
  • drhcnip 17 May 2019 21:45:45 6,337 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Addy__

yarp-out this week but managed to pickup from ebay late last week

nearly finished it, i think, and it reminds me a fair bit of hellblade (without the combat), the crafting of something like tlou, the gentler puzzles of tomb raider all set in a plague-ridden france...no wonder i like it...;)
  • Addy__ 17 May 2019 21:50:35 1,402 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    drhcnip wrote:
    @Addy__

yarp-out this week but managed to pickup from ebay late last week

nearly finished it, i think, and it reminds me a fair bit of hellblade (without the combat), the crafting of something like tlou, the gentler puzzles of tomb raider all set in a plague-ridden france...no wonder i like it...;)
    Yeah it has reviewed well. Definitely one to add to my list.
  • richardiox 17 May 2019 21:50:45 7,751 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    alegraty wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    Rinsing: Driveclub, Diablo 3:UE
    Dipping: Fez, Rogue Legacy, Spelunky and BF4.
    Stalled: The Last of Us Remaster, Metro Redux (played them all before, just got them for graphics whore reasons)
    https://appsync.biz/dafont/ https://192168ll.onl/ https://appsync.biz/filehippo/
    In a bit of a gaming lull really, can't be arsed with my PC, 3DS hasn't been on in months, PS3 and 360 are gathering dust too.

Hoping first person GTA5 might reinspire my inner gamer but other than that, there doesn't seem to be any legit new 10/10 classics due in the next 9 months. Which is depressing.
    It's justified that sub for 3 months already. Fun, satisfying combat, decent RPG-lite elements, and absolutely stunning art design (I appreciate the character design may not be to everyone's taste, but I certainly like them).
    Errrrrr
  • Graxlar_v3 18 May 2019 00:14:35 7,617 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    2 strongholds left in division 2... I will finish the game.
  • Malek86 18 May 2019 19:34:14 8,740 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wolfenstein 2 was boring me, so I switched to Recore.

It's fun enough so far, but I heard it gets grindy later on. We'll see. Maybe the Definitive Edition fixed some things, although I wouldn't bet on it.
  • whatthefu 18 May 2019 23:06:26 1,236 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I started Dirt Rally 2 yesterday and I'm disappointingly bad at it.
    Today I started Ghost Recon Wildlands and performance aside, I'm enjoying it.
    It looks good, but not good enough to run the way it does on my system lol.
  • drhickman1983 19 May 2019 11:13:57 6,024 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tried to play Steep as it's currently free.

The actual snowboarding is almost fun, but seeing other players in the game distracts me and there's no private game mode, and the control scheme irks me and you cant rebind keys on the controller, so I'm out.
  • DrStrangelove 19 May 2019 12:43:39 14,461 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    whatthefu wrote:
    I started Dirt Rally 2 yesterday and I'm disappointingly bad at it.
    It's certainly a game that needs practice and experience to become good. But getting better and starting to kick arse is hugely satisfying.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.