What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 119

Next Last
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Aug 2019 10:25:10 7,311 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So.. I have finally kicked FF14 to the curb, apparently getting booted from a dungeon because you died is the incentive needed to break the cycle.

Currently playing on commute to & from work either

Fire Emblem three houses (half way through blue lions)
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Kinda stumped on what i should play whilst at home though.
  • Nitrous 13 Aug 2019 22:52:48 1,809 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    PS4: MotoGP19
    The best motogp game in years not just in terms of how the bikes handle but in lighting and A.I. Once the sweet spot has been found which I have now set at 120%

Xbox one: Metro exodus on gamepass.
    Not sure it needed to be open world if I'm honest.
    Much prefer the first two but it's still got the atmosphere. I do have an issue with screen tear though and it's not subtle about it. Makes my eyes go funny when it happens. This is probably the base xbox showing its age and lack of power though.
  • thelzdking 16 Aug 2019 06:49:45 9,475 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. I payed too much for it, but top game either way.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse next.
  • Reacher 16 Aug 2019 09:37:13 2,817 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nitrous wrote:
    PS4: MotoGP19
    The best motogp game in years not just in terms of how the bikes handle but in lighting and A.I. Once the sweet spot has been found which I have now set at 120%

Glad to hear that, I've been looking in to getting it at some point.
  • DrStrangelove 16 Aug 2019 20:07:14 14,373 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So after buying 4 games in the current EA/Origin sale I'm going through Battlefield 1 first (single player campaign)... and it looks like it's going to be tougher than I thought. I'm struggling to find words for how unenjoyable it is so far, but I think "worse than BF3 and BF4" should give a general idea. I'm only 2 hours in and I dread coming back, but I guess I asked for it.
  • Malek86 16 Aug 2019 22:53:59 8,598 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Malek86 16 Aug 2019 22:53:59 8,598 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I can't imagine anything worse than the BF4 campaign, so I guess I'll be staying far away from this one (not that I needed any encouragement really).
  • DUFFMAN5 17 Aug 2019 08:23:05 24,793 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Days Gone. Still playing this bloody game. It really is a long game. Hoping to complete this weekend. I have enjoyed but I am suffering some fatigue with it now.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 17 Aug 2019 08:27:00 1,199 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Vs 8 Lachrimosa of Dana

A japanese RPG which was in offer on the Switch recently. Starts off good, but Iím currently getting sick of wandering around small world subsections trying to find the one exit Iíve not previously been through and which unlocks the rest of the map. As the mobs respawn with each time you enter a game world area, itís a little tiresome.

There is a fast travel, but often the fast travel spots are in apparently odd locations which lead to more back an d forth trying to remember which way is which.

Story so far is pretty good and the mobs are good. I am a little less pleased with skills which come at you thick and fast and with no indication which is ďbestĒ aside from animations being different. Equipment and weapons are a bit limited too. Thereís also lists of items you need to upgrade and build things but no indication where you get them from (even when I have got them Iíve no dea I have or where they came from).

Throw in typical Japanese tropes like scantily clad female characters falling for the hero, a silent stranger, bodily function jokes etc and youíve an idea. I think the worst thing is the way the game has gated the word into such small areas and that they are not shown together on a map. Iím getting very lost too often. Underground areas are particularly bad for this.

So far itís about a 6/10 with the odd moment of +/- 3 points depending on if Iím lost or a story line advancement worked. Graphics are nothing on Xenoblades.

Edited by GuybrushFreepwood at 08:27:51 17-08-2019
  • Malek86 23 Aug 2019 20:56:18 8,598 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Devil May Cry 5: wouldn't normally care much about this kind of games, but since it's strange to see such a recent third-party game on Game Pass, I won't say no. And it's actually better than I expected, even though it doesn't run well at all on the standard X1. I might be able to actually finish it.

Final Fantasy 13: thought it was about time I caught up on the only mainline FF I've never played (among the single player ones, I mean). So far, only one hour in, and it's living up to its fame as corridor simulator, with an obvious last-gen JRPG presentation. Who knows if I'll keep it or drop it, but I'll make an effort.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 24 Aug 2019 01:06:54 10,808 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Following Doom with a return to Grim Fandango.

Time to get my Pulp and Blur albums down from the loft
  • GuybrushFreepwood 24 Aug 2019 15:56:41 1,199 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Lachrimosa of Dana Update.

After the 10-20 hour mark this really knocked up a gear and the world and story opened up in ways I never saw coming (apparently they are all well established tropes according to the JRPG bores I've skimmed over on other forums).

I understand the skills now (still can't do a perfect guard or whatever you call it when I want to, its more luck than judgement) and I have a lot more interesting characters and quests. There are more quests than I can keep up with on top of the main quest, raids, hunts, nightime explorations, village building, trying to get max affinity with people, equipment upgrades, farming, crafting etc etc. I've put 65 hours in so far and apparently I've a long way to go before the end.

Last night I intended stopping when my wife went up for a read. Then I thought I'd stop at 9. Then I figured 10. Then 11. I went to bed - grudgingly at 1am. Everytime I thought "I really must quit" something (or several) would open up and I'd be swept up again. That hasn't happened for a while and I felt like carrying on longer. Only reason I quit today was the thing crashed on me (its crashed twice in the 65 hours).

Still get lost now and then, but I understand the maps much better and have an item which helps with mapping. previously shut off zones are now opening up as I've got more items I needed and as I find and rescue more people off the boat, I'm opening up other areas.

I'm playing on Easy mode I think and I'm still finding boss fights a bit tough and I could easily die in normal battles if I wasn't watching it.

Anyway, really enjoying it and struggling to tear myself away from it so I can get on with real world stuff like cooking and eating. Family must think I'm having a breakdown as I'm hardly doing anything...
  • kentmonkey 24 Aug 2019 16:01:05 23,073 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Devil May Cry 5: wouldn't normally care much about this kind of games, but since it's strange to see such a recent third-party game on Game Pass, I won't say no. And it's actually better than I expected, even though it doesn't run well at all on the standard X1. I might be able to actually finish it.
    I have a terrible memory so sometimes get a bit confused as to whether I've played a game or not, especially if it's in a series. And having watched the trailer on Xbox the other day, I was sure I had played this (I remember using bikes to beat up enemies in a DMC before) but, if it's recently been released, I can't have. I might get on that then.

Playing Void Bastards at the mo, and Ashes, both on Gamepass.

Ashes is flawed but fun. VB I'm really enjoying, despite not normally liking rogue like games, but can't help but feel it's a brilliant concept wrapped up in a fairly average game.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.