What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 119

• Graxlar_v3 13 Aug 2019 10:25:10 7,925 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So.. I have finally kicked FF14 to the curb, apparently getting booted from a dungeon because you died is the incentive needed to break the cycle.

Currently playing on commute to & from work either

Fire Emblem three houses (half way through blue lions)
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Kinda stumped on what i should play whilst at home though.
  • Nitrous 13 Aug 2019 22:52:48 1,822 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    PS4: MotoGP19
    The best motogp game in years not just in terms of how the bikes handle but in lighting and A.I. Once the sweet spot has been found which I have now set at 120%

Xbox one: Metro exodus on gamepass.
    Not sure it needed to be open world if I'm honest.
    Much prefer the first two but it's still got the atmosphere. I do have an issue with screen tear though and it's not subtle about it. Makes my eyes go funny when it happens. This is probably the base xbox showing its age and lack of power though.
  • thelzdking 16 Aug 2019 06:49:45 9,567 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. I payed too much for it, but top game either way.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse next.
  • Reacher 16 Aug 2019 09:37:13 2,870 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nitrous wrote:
    PS4: MotoGP19
    The best motogp game in years not just in terms of how the bikes handle but in lighting and A.I. Once the sweet spot has been found which I have now set at 120%

Glad to hear that, I've been looking in to getting it at some point.
  • DrStrangelove 16 Aug 2019 20:07:14 14,592 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So after buying 4 games in the current EA/Origin sale I'm going through Battlefield 1 first (single player campaign)... and it looks like it's going to be tougher than I thought. I'm struggling to find words for how unenjoyable it is so far, but I think "worse than BF3 and BF4" should give a general idea. I'm only 2 hours in and I dread coming back, but I guess I asked for it.
  • Malek86 16 Aug 2019 22:53:59 8,923 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Malek86 16 Aug 2019 22:53:59 8,923 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I can't imagine anything worse than the BF4 campaign, so I guess I'll be staying far away from this one (not that I needed any encouragement really).
  • DUFFMAN5 17 Aug 2019 08:23:05 24,974 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Days Gone. Still playing this bloody game. It really is a long game. Hoping to complete this weekend. I have enjoyed but I am suffering some fatigue with it now.
  • Deleted user 17 August 2019 08:27:00
    Vs 8 Lachrimosa of Dana

A japanese RPG which was in offer on the Switch recently. Starts off good, but Iím currently getting sick of wandering around small world subsections trying to find the one exit Iíve not previously been through and which unlocks the rest of the map. As the mobs respawn with each time you enter a game world area, itís a little tiresome.

There is a fast travel, but often the fast travel spots are in apparently odd locations which lead to more back an d forth trying to remember which way is which.

Story so far is pretty good and the mobs are good. I am a little less pleased with skills which come at you thick and fast and with no indication which is ďbestĒ aside from animations being different. Equipment and weapons are a bit limited too. Thereís also lists of items you need to upgrade and build things but no indication where you get them from (even when I have got them Iíve no dea I have or where they came from).

Throw in typical Japanese tropes like scantily clad female characters falling for the hero, a silent stranger, bodily function jokes etc and youíve an idea. I think the worst thing is the way the game has gated the word into such small areas and that they are not shown together on a map. Iím getting very lost too often. Underground areas are particularly bad for this.

So far itís about a 6/10 with the odd moment of +/- 3 points depending on if Iím lost or a story line advancement worked. Graphics are nothing on Xenoblades.

Edited by GuybrushFreepwood at 08:27:51 17-08-2019
  • Malek86 23 Aug 2019 20:56:18 8,923 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Devil May Cry 5: wouldn't normally care much about this kind of games, but since it's strange to see such a recent third-party game on Game Pass, I won't say no. And it's actually better than I expected, even though it doesn't run well at all on the standard X1. I might be able to actually finish it.

Final Fantasy 13: thought it was about time I caught up on the only mainline FF I've never played (among the single player ones, I mean). So far, only one hour in, and it's living up to its fame as corridor simulator, with an obvious last-gen JRPG presentation. Who knows if I'll keep it or drop it, but I'll make an effort.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 24 Aug 2019 01:06:54 11,008 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Following Doom with a return to Grim Fandango.

Time to get my Pulp and Blur albums down from the loft
  • Deleted user 24 August 2019 15:56:41
    Lachrimosa of Dana Update.

After the 10-20 hour mark this really knocked up a gear and the world and story opened up in ways I never saw coming (apparently they are all well established tropes according to the JRPG bores I've skimmed over on other forums).

I understand the skills now (still can't do a perfect guard or whatever you call it when I want to, its more luck than judgement) and I have a lot more interesting characters and quests. There are more quests than I can keep up with on top of the main quest, raids, hunts, nightime explorations, village building, trying to get max affinity with people, equipment upgrades, farming, crafting etc etc. I've put 65 hours in so far and apparently I've a long way to go before the end.

Last night I intended stopping when my wife went up for a read. Then I thought I'd stop at 9. Then I figured 10. Then 11. I went to bed - grudgingly at 1am. Everytime I thought "I really must quit" something (or several) would open up and I'd be swept up again. That hasn't happened for a while and I felt like carrying on longer. Only reason I quit today was the thing crashed on me (its crashed twice in the 65 hours).

Still get lost now and then, but I understand the maps much better and have an item which helps with mapping. previously shut off zones are now opening up as I've got more items I needed and as I find and rescue more people off the boat, I'm opening up other areas.

I'm playing on Easy mode I think and I'm still finding boss fights a bit tough and I could easily die in normal battles if I wasn't watching it.

Anyway, really enjoying it and struggling to tear myself away from it so I can get on with real world stuff like cooking and eating. Family must think I'm having a breakdown as I'm hardly doing anything...
  • kentmonkey 24 Aug 2019 16:01:05 23,140 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Devil May Cry 5: wouldn't normally care much about this kind of games, but since it's strange to see such a recent third-party game on Game Pass, I won't say no. And it's actually better than I expected, even though it doesn't run well at all on the standard X1. I might be able to actually finish it.
    I have a terrible memory so sometimes get a bit confused as to whether I've played a game or not, especially if it's in a series. And having watched the trailer on Xbox the other day, I was sure I had played this (I remember using bikes to beat up enemies in a DMC before) but, if it's recently been released, I can't have. I might get on that then.

Playing Void Bastards at the mo, and Ashes, both on Gamepass.

Ashes is flawed but fun. VB I'm really enjoying, despite not normally liking rogue like games, but can't help but feel it's a brilliant concept wrapped up in a fairly average game.
  • DUFFMAN5 30 Aug 2019 07:48:37 24,974 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So in order to "mix things" up a bit I decided to set myself a goal via True Trophies (and TA also)
    Anyway my "goal" is to:

Win A Total of 1,500 Trophies by 31 Dec 19 (started the challenge on 24th July)
    An increase of 122 over 159 days - 123 days to go (an average of 0.6 per day)

To that end I'm playing a lot of ps3 games (and some ps4) I never got anywhere near completing (it is likely I completed on another console upon release though). The past few days I have been playing:

Tomb Raider (reboot)
    Far Cry Blood Dragon. I forgot how fun this game was.
    RE5 Gold (in coop) edition played a couple of chapters yesterday and was given infinite egg and grenades by a random! thank you very much!
    BL2 THC
    Arcania TCT
    I also bought Ghost Recon Wildlands for £9 of PSN. Loved it on xb1 and I already had £6 in my psn wallet.

It is quite nice mixing it up, but I am getting totally confused by button layouts ;)

My Goal progress is:40.2%
    My Time progress is 22.98%

This may come to a crashing halt once Gears 5 is out next week though!
  • Darth_Flibble 31 Aug 2019 17:44:33 3,624 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Castlevania: Mirror of fate (360 game on xbox one)

Started ages ago but got distracted by other games, going back its actually a really good castlevania game not done by japanese inhouse team. At the time I thought it was better than lords of shadow as more of Castlevania game. It would be a good game for games with gold
  • quadfather 1 Sep 2019 20:02:57 35,007 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just rolled another dark souls character :)
  • Addy__ 1 Sep 2019 20:03:28 1,592 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    @quadfather

I like your style.
  • Graxlar_v3 1 Sep 2019 20:14:00 7,925 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Astral chain
    Remnent
    Control
    Tales of berseria
    Risk of Rain 2
    Warriors orochi 4
    RAD (I suppose)
    Yu gi oh legacy of the duelist
    I am sure I am missing some, I may have started spinning a few too many plates.
  • Addy__ 1 Sep 2019 20:35:50 1,592 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Astral chain
    Control
    Super hot
    Alan wake
    Max Payne

Just for now.
  • spindle9988 1 Sep 2019 21:12:25 4,983 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wrexfest and dragons dogma.
  • ghearoid 1 Sep 2019 22:13:52 3,234 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Persona 5 - I'm enjoying it more now, mid the pyramid palace so I'm guessing about halfway through.

Breath of the Wild - second play through, this time on Master Mode. Still absolutely wonderful.
  • StixxUK 1 Sep 2019 22:49:05 8,210 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Mainly playing the Messenger, which is getting to be a real slog. It's still a great game for the first half but they really fucked the second bit. It reeks of running out of time and needing to just get the game out there.

Also played a little Age of Empires remastered, started on Celeste (free on Epic Store!) and spent ages pissing about with my Steam Link trying to get various non-Steam games working/optimised.
  • Tomo 2 Sep 2019 08:11:52 16,773 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Celeste

Didn't realise it was a nails platformer. Was expecting something more narrative driven, so wasn't convinced at first. Found it a bit frustrating. And then suddenly it clicked! And it's pretty amazing. The level design is top tier. So many ideas. Great soundtrack too.
  • chrisno21 2 Sep 2019 08:34:15 2,225 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Control is getting most of my game time as I'm looking to plat it.

Astral chain here and there and some cricket 19, dead cells and sniper 2 on the switch even though the cricket is terrible. Mainly playing these while they fix Pillars as that is completely broken in act 2.

MHW Iceborne on Friday though...
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 2 Sep 2019 10:07:43 6,522 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Lots of churn in my active games list since I last posted in here. Currently playing:

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) - Nearing the end of NG+ now. Will finish that off, then put the game on hold, returning for NG++ once all the DLC is out next year.

Control (PC) - About 4-5 hours in. Loving the setting and the visuals, but finding the combat an absolute chore.

Remnant: From the Ashes (PC) - Really enjoying this, but not as far into it as I'd have liked. I need to be in good form and to have a substantial free block of time to play it. Between a cold and a load of work to do at home, the weekend just gone didn't work out that way.

Disgaea 5 Complete (PC) - Never finished this on PS4. Picked up a cheap PC copy (with all DLC included) in the recent Steam sale and making a push to get through it this time.

Super Robot Wars X (PS4) - Back into this on NG+ now, fresh from getting the Platinum in V. Aiming to get the Platinum from this as well - shouldn't be too hard as the trophies basically seem to mirror those in V.

Hoping to be done with Control and Fire Emblem before the big September releases start to land over the next few weeks.
  • Malek86 2 Sep 2019 10:42:58 8,923 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    With Blair Witch out of the way, I still need to get through FF13, but that will be a very slow burner. I imagine I'll be playing the Gears 5 campaign once that is out, but after that, I could look to finally play some of the million free games I got on Twitch and EGS. I figure either Axiom Verge or Overload, depending on the mood.

After all, there's still four weeks until Shadowkeep hits.

Edited by Malek86 at 10:43:21 02-09-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 2 Sep 2019 11:09:08 7,925 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @chrisno21 How are you finding cricket 19?

I got it on switch but man, the games run long and i don't have 5 hours to play one match.

Oh and this weeks releases (that i have bought)

torchlight 2
    FF8
    MHW Icebourne
    Gears 5 (gamepass)...

Not enough hours in the day.

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 11:10:03 02-09-2019
  • chrisno21 2 Sep 2019 12:12:18 2,225 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 I am doing the career mode and simming any time my character isn't bowling/batting - it drastically shortens a test to about 40 mins!

It's proper ganky though - ugly, poor animation, slow pace, laughable commentary and appalling load times. Bowling is a bit of a chore and I don't feel in control of it all too much; my spinner has maxed turn but it barely shifts direction at all - maybe it's fair on day 1 of a grassy pitch but not all the time.
  • RawShark 2 Sep 2019 12:26:55 761 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Still playing through BoTW. It's amazing how well the difficulty curve is implemented. I found Eventide Island and my thought process can best de described as:

>Oh shit, this sounds like a bit of a task.
    >Argh - fuck off Octorocks!
    >I'm going to need to come back to this one later, I think.
    >What do you mean I can't warp away???
    >Right, better load an old save...
    >Hold on, this oar is doing a pretty good job actually. Wonder if I can take down that camp.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.