What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 122

• Nanocrystal 18 Sep 2019 10:23:54 1,928 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TLG is wonderful! Enjoy!

Ahoy there new page...

Er... No Man's Sky and Detroit Become Human.

Edited by Nanocrystal at 10:25:00 18-09-2019
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 18 Sep 2019 10:31:07 6,930 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    @Rogueywon
    How do you find so much gaming time?
    What's your secret?
    You'll note that despite the fact I always have a number of games on the go, my posts in the "Recently Completed Games" thread aren't all that common and I'm nowhere near hitting the "52 in 52" challenge.

While I tend to keep 4 or 5 games on the go, I tend to switch between them a fair bit, not sinking huge chunks of time into a single game to the exclusion of others. My actual gaming time is maybe 2-3 weeknight evenings per week for a couple of hours, maybe (but not always) a couple of hours on Saturday and then a reserved block of time early Sunday afternoon that I always set aside for some sofa-time with an undemanding game.

So at the moment, Gears 5 is my co-op game for when my co-op partner is around. If he isn't and I get some gaming time, I'll play Fire Emblem, Control or Borderlands. Super Robot Wars is my undemanding Sunday game (it's quite laid back for a strategy game, without many of the "sudden defeat/disaster" mechanics that characterise the likes of Fire Emblem).
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Sep 2019 10:40:52 27,607 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    @Rogueywon
    How do you find so much gaming time?
    What's your secret?
    You'll note that despite the fact I always have a number of games on the go, my posts in the "Recently Completed Games" thread aren't all that common and I'm nowhere near hitting the "52 in 52" challenge.

While I tend to keep 4 or 5 games on the go, I tend to switch between them a fair bit, not sinking huge chunks of time into a single game to the exclusion of others. My actual gaming time is maybe 2-3 weeknight evenings per week for a couple of hours, maybe (but not always) a couple of hours on Saturday and then a reserved block of time early Sunday afternoon that I always set aside for some sofa-time with an undemanding game.

So at the moment, Gears 5 is my co-op game for when my co-op partner is around. If he isn't and I get some gaming time, I'll play Fire Emblem, Control or Borderlands. Super Robot Wars is my undemanding Sunday game (it's quite laid back for a strategy game, without many of the "sudden defeat/disaster" mechanics that characterise the likes of Fire Emblem).
    ok, I got the impression that you got through piles of games!
  • Hipnos333 18 Sep 2019 12:59:15 6 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Until Dawn (PS4)
  • Dombat 18 Sep 2019 13:07:14 1,673 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mostly playing:
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    Dirt Rally 2.0
    Gran Turismo Sport
    The Witcher 3

Occasionally playing:
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Dark Souls 2

Looking to complete FE, Odyssey and Ori soon to trim the list a bit before I get tempted to start another new game.
  • Graxlar_v3 18 Sep 2019 13:10:18 8,551 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dombat wrote:
    Mostly playing:
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    Dirt Rally 2.0
    Gran Turismo Sport
    The Witcher 3

Occasionally playing:
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Dark Souls 2

Looking to complete FE, Odyssey and Ori soon to trim the list a bit before I get tempted to start another new game.
    But how do you have time for all this Dombat?
  • Dombat 18 Sep 2019 19:01:43 1,673 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You're not looking for a serious answer, but I don't have the time really. :D
  • Graxlar_v3 18 Sep 2019 19:47:21 8,551 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dombat wrote:
    You're not looking for a serious answer, but I don't have the time really. :D
    Lol. Sorry I was talking the piss out of Ecosse demeaning how Rougey has so much gaming time- which I felt was really rude.
  • Dombat 18 Sep 2019 22:44:21 1,673 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think Roguey at least needs to keep a gaming timesheet quite frankly.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 18 Sep 2019 23:36:09 6,930 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    And now I'm feeling all persecuted.

2 hours in Gears 5 co-op tonight, for what it's worth.
  • Graxlar_v3 19 Sep 2019 21:32:54 8,551 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    After playing bloodstained on switch and thinking Ďitís a bit slow but I donít see anything wrong with ití, I decided to boot the game up on Xbox... so umm yeah. Fuck the switch version! This game is immense and seriously the switch version does it no favours at all.
  • MrAGSystems 20 Sep 2019 01:55:39 323 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Just finished Witcher III on Death March and am feeling a gaming blues after it. Tried a bunch of stuff today and nothing stuck - Guacamelee 2, Unravel Two, Dark Souls 3.

Stuck on Doom there and am feeling - might go through it methodically and 100% in anticipation of Doom Eternal.
  • monsieur-Cosmo 20 Sep 2019 09:32:53 513 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Old stuff as always:
    Bionic Commando and Fearless Fantasy both on PC.
    The older I am the shorter (and simpler) games I prefer.
  • Darth_Flibble 20 Sep 2019 11:55:10 3,761 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Sinking city

Inspired by HP Lovecraft horror, its frogware's sherlock holmes game formula but does not hold your hold or tell you where to go. Sometimes its good idea, sometimes you need to look at a guide to get the next clue

Also its best to play the combat on easy as its bad but its really creepy horror. Its open world but they world is quite empty, you can't even talk to the people of this fucked up city as walk the streets, it would of been nice to ask where a street is etc, shenmue 2 let you do this all those years ago
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 22 Sep 2019 21:02:39 6,930 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Untitled Goose Game isn't actually very good, is it? The controls are a huge bar to enjoying it.

Suspect it's a lot more fun to watch somebody playing it than it is to actually play it.
  • Deleted user 22 September 2019 21:07:55
    @Rogueywon Thanks for that, I was half wavering as everyone was saying it was amazing.
  • Tomo 22 Sep 2019 21:22:36 17,070 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Pff, it's brilliant. Not having any issues with controls. What's going wrong?
  • Mola_Ram 23 Sep 2019 03:42:43 21,876 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Roguey has high standards, he plays 6 games a week! ;)

(I like the goose game too)
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 23 Sep 2019 07:22:22 6,930 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I really wanted to love it. I don't actually hate it, but this piece pretty much sums up how I feel about playing it.
  • RedPanda87 23 Sep 2019 07:52:04 1,970 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The controls in Untitled Goose Game are fine. I don't think the game is quite as good as I'd hoped it would be, but I also can't think of many ways they could make it better. It really is like playing the trailers.

Neo Cab is better though. That's the main thing I'm playing at the moment. The writing is some of the best I've come across in a game, which is all the more impressive since you have so many dialogue options, and balancing what you say with the need to maintain a high cab driver rating adds a level of tension to every convo that you don't often find.
  • Mola_Ram 23 Sep 2019 08:26:47 21,876 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Personally I'm surprised that a game about a goose going around nicking things had "hype-that-it-couldn't-possibly-live-up-to" in the first place. It's a charming little indie game, not a blockbuster.

Maybe because it got put in a Nintendo Direct?
  • Malek86 23 Sep 2019 09:02:53 9,188 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I remember the game game was already hyped before showing up on the Direct. It's one of those things that sometimes simply happen due to social media buzz. People latch onto something weird and it all begins from there.

Its success reminds me of the early indie era on XBLA, when games like Super Meat Boy and Braid would become super-hyped before release despite their developers' relative obscurity. This is far less common today due to the overcrowded indie market, but I guess it can still happen.

The Switch definitely helping with that, as the devs have said that it currently is a much better place for indies to be compared to PS4 and Xbox, people are simply buying more games there.

Edited by Malek86 at 09:12:33 23-09-2019
  • AlexGambler 23 Sep 2019 09:19:15 2 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    My favourite one for now is PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on PC and mobile link version.

Edited by AlexGambler at 11:48:02 30-09-2019
  • ChiefGB 23 Sep 2019 19:00:01 11,722 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    its-blackiyto wrote:
    as completed all the others up til this point so dipping in for a quick session once in a while.
    ifsc code
    Look at this fucking weasel.
  • Malek86 23 Sep 2019 19:09:49 9,188 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dead Cells is good, isn't it? Don't know if I'll ever finish it, because roguelikes are fickle like that, but already I think other roguelikes and even some metroidvania should learn a lot from it.
  • First_Kill 24 Sep 2019 10:46:56 21 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Runic Games' Hob! Really into ut
  • Zippity-zap 24 Sep 2019 12:42:41 484 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PS4: Sekiro (Jesus from hell, this doesnít fuck around, does it?)
    Helldivers (still the best mp game evaaarr)

Switch: Police Stories(just fucking great. highly recommended)

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.