What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 126

Next Last
  • Darth_Flibble 16 Nov 2019 13:46:01 3,761 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Red Dead Redemption 2 (ps4)

Got at launch but never got into it but got back into it and now on chpater 4. The graphics and word building is great but it has R* "heaviness" to the controls and can be annoying as it feels bit outdated. On chapter 4 now and did feel a bit of slog to get to chapter 3 where the game opens up a bit
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Nov 2019 01:05:03 11,575 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've been playing lots of Toe-Jam & Earl on the PS4 Mega Drive Collection* this week. It's very therapeutic in a hypnotic chilled out vibing out kind of way.

Not news to anyone obviously but it really relaxing and relaxation is a very underrated part gaming.

*the collection overall has quite ugly presentation, is lacking in features and options, and has some big games missing that were included in previous editions
  • MrAGSystems 30 Nov 2019 01:18:00 323 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe The quick load/save on the right stick is a great idea but they really missed out on some of the fundamentals.

Why not have fully mappable inputs? Especially when you consider the layout out of modern controllers vs. the three button Megadrive.
  • Theshape80 30 Nov 2019 07:12:05 214 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Currently playing Kingdom Under Fire 2. Once you get over the bore of the tutorial and first 1-10 levels it really opens up. Massive 4/8 player RTS battles with ability to switch to 3rd person is fantastic. Quite dated but having a great amount of fun.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Nov 2019 08:35:46 11,575 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MrAGSystems wrote:
    @simpleexplodingmaybe The quick load/save on the right stick is a great idea but they really missed out on some of the fundamentals.

Why not have fully mappable inputs? Especially when you consider the layout out of modern controllers vs. the three button Megadrive.
    That stick thing is a nice touch

Agee about the input; Square, X, circle being A B C isn't a comfortable fit. Who uses square as the primary button for anything these days?

I'd have liked more extras like box art and manuals on the game shelf

Also infinite lives because I'm sure lazy and casual these days
  • quadfather 3 Dec 2019 12:02:06 35,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, I was planning on continuing my new botw run through again after death stranding. Then I was going to run through the last of us again.

But all that has gone in the bin as for some nostalgic reason I now want to go through morrowind again \o/
  • Nitrous 4 Dec 2019 18:59:51 1,851 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Xbox One: Halo Reach just for the campaign.

PS4: Dirt Rally. Got the wheel out recently and got into this again. Still people playing the online rally events.
  • kentmonkey 4 Dec 2019 19:04:51 23,227 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Bad North: Jotunn Edition

And it's bloody decent.
  • ghearoid 4 Dec 2019 21:09:58 3,259 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 NSW

A new game+ second play through. I originally completed it before any of the patches so it's nice to enjoy the better map and general updates.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 6 Dec 2019 01:12:12 11,575 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Picked up Fire Pro Wrestling World, Aven Colony and Forgotten Anne in the PSN Christmas sale.

First impressions are that Fire Pro and Aven Colony are deceptively deep and Forgotten Anne is basically a Ghibli film that never was.

Fire Pro is also the hardest wrestling game I've played in 20+ years but a nice change of pace now that the WWE ones have glitched themselves into oblivion.
  • garryo'neill 6 Dec 2019 01:18:22 18 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Concrete Genie

Got it for 15 quid in the sale, and its a rather lovely relaxing game to play alongside Death Stranding.
  • Mola_Ram 8 Dec 2019 23:06:21 21,876 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am playing Ori and the Blind Forest. Literally only 20 minutes in and I already like it more than Hollow Knight.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Dec 2019 10:10:23 6,929 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Current live list:

Borderlands 3 - Still playing a lot of this co-op. Got three characters at level 50 now - just Amara still to go (currently 32). New story DLC hits later this month.

Battletech - Did a new campaign (story) playthrough with Heavy Metal. The campaign feels a lot easier when you actually know how to play, after feeling nails first time through. This is an utterly amazing game and will all three DLC installed it feels incredibly "complete". Hope to god they're working on a sequel now (with the Clans).

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - Hit the 10 hour mark in this, but struggle with enthusiasm for it. Has some good moments, but navigation is a pain in the arse, the backtracking gets tedious and the writing is layered with the same anti-fun tone that ruined TLJ.

Atelier Ryza - Really enjoying this, especially now that I'm out of the early sections and both the exploration and crafting components of the game have opened up properly. Combat is better than usual for the series - a couple of boss fights took me a few attempts and getting past them actually came down to mastering the battle systems, rather than just grinding for levels or gear.

Slay the Spire - Beaten the heart with all three official characters, so now trying some of the higher-quality modded ones.

Mechwarrior 5 hits tomorrow and is the last release this year I'm picking up.
  • Graxlar_v3 9 Dec 2019 10:23:29 8,551 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I am very much bouncing across alot of games atm

Death stranding - 3 hours in
    Shenmue 2 - about 3 hours from the end
    Ys 8 - 2 1/2 hours in
    Sundered 1 hour in
    Monster boy 1/2 hour in

I hate when i get like this, it sees me buy more games than i actually need and jsut flit between them all without putting actual time into them.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Dec 2019 10:27:34 11,575 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Aven Colony is such a nice autumn/winter day off game.

Although early colony builds have been unsettlingly disordered in their layouts.

It's been a long time since I've had a proper sim like this languish in and fiddle with.
  • monsieur-Cosmo 9 Dec 2019 10:29:13 513 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Needed something different, so started Super Lucky's Tale. It's so colorful and lively, loving it so far.
    Started Shenmue a few times but couldn't force myself to persevere, it's horribly old-school. Will have to do it sometime if only because I'd like to see what happens in the second part - never played that one.
  • Graxlar_v3 9 Dec 2019 10:40:34 8,551 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LucaCalder wrote:
    Dota 2
    Sorry
  • Dombat 9 Dec 2019 11:27:34 1,673 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got way too many games on the go, but trying to focus on Death Stranding and Disco Elysium as my main single player campaign-based games.

SoulCalibur 6 is my ongoing casual game which Iíve just gone back to. Want to get back into Dirt Rally 2.0 too.
  • Nitrous 9 Dec 2019 18:48:29 1,851 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Was looking through the gamepass games list looking for something to download/play. Got to Turing Test which I've had for a while. Initially thought I'll do a few levels and move on... Nope it's pulled me in very much like Portal did.

It's basic but offers just enough of challenge without it becoming impossible. Only upto chapter 3 though from 7 though.
  • BurnoutJunkie 9 Dec 2019 21:53:25 1,146 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yoshiís Crafted World. Looks lovely on my Switch Lite.

Also Super Mario World (Advance 2) on GBA SP.
  • DrStrangelove 9 Dec 2019 23:38:46 14,731 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Borderlands 3, almost exclusively. I used to be a BL2 fan and played that about 1000 hours in 7 years. Played BL3 300 hours in 3 months so far.

Massively underrated, some outlets gave it obscenely low scores like 9/10 or even less. Sometimes I doubt EG will award it their GOTY, but seriously that would be just lunatic.
  • Bichii 9 Dec 2019 23:46:14 2,041 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Alien isolation, it is an incredibly stressful experience! :)
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Dec 2019 23:56:20 6,929 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Alien isolation, it is an incredibly stressful experience! :)
    Ain't that the truth. Never known a game get under my skin and scare the absolute shit out of me like that. Played it slowly over the course of several weeks, largely because at times I couldn't play it while it was dark outside. Played some sections with my headphones off, but the volume switched up on them as they sat on the desk next to me (just distancing me from the sound a bit and reducing the immerson). Infiltrated my dreams quite nastily while I was playing it to boot.

If it's any consolation, the last couple of hours get much less scary. There is an absolutely fucking awful bit where you drop into a reactor core filled with aliens that had me a gibbering wreck. But after that, you're back out in the station and they come at you relentlessly, to the pont where they lose the shock value and you realise how easy it is to hold them off with the flamer for as long as your ammo lasts. It doesn't hit Colonial Marines levels of cannon-fodder-dom, but it does take a lot of the impact away.

But still the scariest game ever made by some way. Admittedly I have a childhood hangup about the franchise due to seeing the first movie when way too young at a friend's house and being pretty traumatised, but even without that the game is scary as hell.
  • Bichii 9 Dec 2019 23:59:56 2,041 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hahaha. I only play it at night and with headphones on!! It's the only way to get the true experience. I almost cried tonight when I was in a vent with a flare and I looked one way because of a noise and when I turned back the alien was there. I'm not exaggerating, I screamed and nearly cried. :).
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 10 Dec 2019 00:13:29 11,575 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There were two sections that really broke my immersion and forced me to get game-y which was a pity because the rest was so good.

Once when I got stuck in narrow area the alien wouldn't leave and part of the section Roguey hid above. Basically I just stopped playing as the game wanted and ran through the sections repeatedly until I got lucky.
  • JoelStinty 10 Dec 2019 06:42:09 8,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Skyrim (Switch)

A really good port. Runs smoothly and suits handheld play rather nicely. Itís aged well in some areas too - the setting is as beautiful as ever but even today I donít think there is really a game where thereís is as much to see below ground than there is above. Nothing beats coming across barrows or caves with extensive dungeons in. Other elements havnít maybe so well - there arenít much things to do outside of quests and preparing equipment but I happily played this was three hours in bed whilst Ill
    Yesterday.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.