What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 136

• Tomo 18 Feb 2020 13:16:24 17,693 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Booted up Apex recently for first time in ages. Still a great game and the second map is a lot of fun.

But mainly playing Rain World. God, it's so fucking good. Once I've finished it, and assuming it doesn't shit the bed, I'm going to implore others to play it.
  • quadfather 19 Feb 2020 12:08:01 36,597 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just bought an old rpg on gog and had a quick look at the games I've got on there. Jesus Christ, I've got about 20 RPGs I've never played! Backlog just increased by about 30%!
  • Nitrous 20 Feb 2020 18:44:53 2,019 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    First world problems ect.. Couldn't decide what to play so put Sniper Elite 4 on. 5 months on from the last save point when I think Duffman had a go at me for trying to abondon it.
  • Mola_Ram 20 Feb 2020 22:45:34 23,685 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses on Maddening mode (because I hate myself). It is what it says on the tin.

Also Tokyo Mirage Sessions, which is much more relaxing.
  • EMarkM 21 Feb 2020 09:05:37 4,945 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Genuinely read this as ďTokyo Massage SessionsĒ.

I think there might be something wrong with me...
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 21 Feb 2020 14:50:59 13,527 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Genuinely read this as ďTokyo Massage SessionsĒ.

I think there might be something wrong with me...
    I think the arcade cabinet is next to one of those used knicker vending machines in the corner
  • EMarkM 21 Feb 2020 17:03:06 4,945 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe :D
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 22 Feb 2020 09:36:39 13,527 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Back into the Mega Drive Collection on PS4

Not having Sonic 3 & Knuckles or any Ecco the Dolphin game when theyíd been previously available is a shame. They should throw out more titles as DLC for lazy old men like me.

Anyway, Iím playing lots of Streets of Rage and really digging them. Is there an equivalent modern genre to arcade beatíem ups?
  • ChiefGB 22 Feb 2020 12:25:24 12,490 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kingdom come, and ori on Xbox currently. Looking at buying valkyria chronicles 4 and tales of vesperia in Xbox sale, because of course I need new games.......
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 22 Feb 2020 14:20:31 13,527 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MrAGSystems wrote:
    @simpleexplodingmaybe I see modern games like Bayonetta, Devil May Cry as the spiritual successor to those type of games.

That MD Collection drive me potty - it's got two different control options but doesn't let you rebind the buttons to what you want. Epic fail when you consider the layout of the MD pad vs. PS4.
    Iíd have preferred X O and Triangle being the default three but so many games use Square X O so Iím always wasting specials or losing lives to stupid missed buttons
  • DUFFMAN5 22 Feb 2020 14:32:23 25,859 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    A few things as I can't decide what to actually stick with...on that Bombshell:

Xbox:
    Gears 3 and 5 multiplayer, daily
    Titanfall, (TF1 not 2) gone back after maybe a year off, it is still sublime. You can only really get matches of Attrition, but that is absolutely fine and dandy.
    Deus Ex Mankind: another game I have returned to after years. About 5/6 missions in. Not sure why I stopped playing, as not only am I a fan of the series but it is great.
    FFXV. (Gamepass)About 6 hours in, characters around level 9/10. Not played for a week though. It is good but I have no real desire to return at the moment.
    RE2. Completed Claire run about two weeks ago.

Ps4
    Bl3. Not played for weeks
    DL The following. Not played for weeks.

Ps3
    GTA V. playing through story and mp.have played to completion on other consoles.
  • JoelStinty 22 Feb 2020 14:52:07 8,875 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Restarted Witcher 3. Got to Kaer Morhen last time before I got tired of it. I couldnít remember what was going on or the controls or the systems at play so decided to start again. Going to play it in smaller bursts and see if I donít get burnt out on it.

Forgot our janky it is. But will get used to it. About to take on the griffin.

Not sure if it is the right game to play with FF7: R around the corner though

Edited by JoelStinty at 14:52:58 22-02-2020
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 22 Feb 2020 15:44:57 13,527 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @JoelStinty I was surprised to see more obvious glitches in Witcher 3 than I had in Skyrim SE.

None in Velen but White Orchard had peasants on chimneys and horses stuck running against trees level janks
  • JoelStinty 22 Feb 2020 15:56:59 8,875 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    @JoelStinty I was surprised to see more obvious glitches in Witcher 3 than I had in Skyrim SE.

None in Velen but White Orchard had peasants on chimneys and horses stuck running against trees level janks
    Yeah I had a character lying dead half in the ground when he should have been lying on top. Geralt said something like you can come out now. Was totally incidental but made me laugh

Also had a horse mounting a fence.
  • AddyB- 22 Feb 2020 20:05:46 701 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Children of Morta - Nintendo Switch.

Absolutely loving this. I expected another typical rogue like/lite diablo type clone but it feels much more than that.

Everybody's golf - PSVita

SFV - PC

Quite tempted to started P4G on vita as well.
  • HarryB 22 Feb 2020 22:58:14 7,626 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    GTA ONLINE
    I hate it, my mate mentioned it and I never bothered all those years back
    Such a grind, but the wife has an xbox too so we just play an invite only session and then itís at least a huge co-op game for us to play

Public sessions though, god.. just shot on sight by anyone
  • HarryB 22 Feb 2020 22:58:14 7,626 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    GTA ONLINE
    I hate it, my mate mentioned it and I never bothered all those years back
    Such a grind, but the wife has an xbox too so we just play an invite only session and then itís at least a huge co-op game for us to play

Public sessions though, god.. just shot on sight by anyone
  • EMarkM 23 Feb 2020 11:39:39 4,945 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Restarted Witcher 3. Got to Kaer Morhen last time before I got tired of it. I couldnít remember what was going on or the controls or the systems at play so decided to start again. Going to play it in smaller bursts and see if I donít get burnt out on it.

Forgot our janky it is. But will get used to it. About to take on the griffin.
    On my PS4 playthrough, Iím now way further than I ever got on the PC version. Have to say, not only is it glitchier than I was expecting, but the last few hours have felt a little boring. Iíve been doing the Dandelion stuff in Novigrad and itís all feeling a little samey at the moment.

I continue to give it a chance.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 23 Feb 2020 11:42:06 24,907 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Novigrad is by far the most boring part of the game. Just power through it.
  • EMarkM 23 Feb 2020 11:46:33 4,945 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Novigrad is by far the most boring part of the game. Just power through it.
    Brilliant, thatís good to know. Cheers Decks.

I think I was expecting to enjoy ďthe big, cosmopolitan cityĒ more than this, as I have in several other RPGs over the decades. The last few hours have just been ďrun all these errands for this girl or these blokes that you donít really likeĒ!
  • Mola_Ram 23 Feb 2020 13:01:28 23,685 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I liked the political scheming and stuff in Novigrad. Djikstra is a great character.

Though I guess quite a bit depends on whether you care about Dandelion, Triss and the other returning characters, all of which are really prominent in the Novigrad section. I'd played the previous games in the series so already had a lot of affection for them, but could imagine someone going "wtf I don't care about any of this" if they didn't have that history.
  • EMarkM 23 Feb 2020 13:10:44 4,945 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Mola_Ram Yep, is the first Witcher game Iíve played, so no attachment.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 23 Feb 2020 15:35:07 13,527 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Mola_Ram I donít know if Iíll change my mind later but I like the character and story stuff more than a lot of the combat focussed missions
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Feb 2020 18:11:49 10,031 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions... I am quite early on but I really like the combat in this. It is so satisfying chaining three sessions.

Also, the characters are not super unlikable even though they should be.
  • ChiefGB 23 Feb 2020 20:53:40 12,490 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, Iím rather enjoying tms too.
  • Malek86 23 Feb 2020 21:13:57 10,090 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Alright, so World of Horror is pretty good, but my playthrough keeps getting cut short by crashes to desktop. Since you can't even save the game without facing some heavy penalties, it's a big problem.

I'm honestly lucky that I managed to finish the game the one time I got to the final boss. Every other time, it's crashed.
  • Ror 23 Feb 2020 21:46:50 20,080 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions... I am quite early on but I really like the combat in this. It is so satisfying chaining three sessions.

Also, the characters are not super unlikable even though they should be.
    SESSHON, IKIMASU

< 3 Tsubasa

I have too many games on the go.

AC Oranges (PC): I think I am coming up on the end (currently at the Battle on the Nile) but then I have all the DLC to get through.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions (NS): about ten hours in (also really enjoying it, it is a pretty streamlined jRPG, but that makes it very easy and relaxing to play).

Bayonetta (XBO): a few hours into the remaster and loving it all over again.

FFVII (XBO): It's been a few years since my last playthrough, so I thought I should at least get through Midgar before the remake comes out. Currently up to the Shinra building.

And then I have to try and fit in some Halo 5 every night, which invariably means I get very little done in the other games /o\

I think I'm going to at least try to get through Bayo this week so I can start Yakuza 0 when it hits GP (the same Yakuza 0 I've owned on PS4 since release and played an hour of /o\ ).

Edited by Ror at 21:48:55 23-02-2020
  • openrob 23 Feb 2020 22:16:48 20 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I really need some help choosing a game to play ATM.
    Feeling something cozy and adventurous, like BOTW or something along those lines.

I unfortunately left my Switch at a family members house, who's now away and was about 10 hours into Divinity: OS 2. Never played a deep CRPG like that before, but getting really stuck in.

Anyway, I'm without Switch for about a month, and planning a trip to CEX tomorrow - got a Wii U and a PS4. Any advice appreciated.
  • JoeBlade 23 Feb 2020 23:36:32 4,932 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Decided to give Darksiders 2 another go for whatever reason. It's still clunky, it still has glitches galore but I still like it.
    This one really sits in the 'I think it's fun and I don't understand why' category. Shame its successor is mostly garbage (or so I gather)

Other than that, some Endless Space 2 on the side. I must admit I underestimated that game, as far as 4X genre goes it's actually one of the best titles I've played. The depth and complexity of the game are astounding. Prepare to have your brain melted though.

And more No Man's Sky. I feel like a junk for enjoying this, but I do.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.