What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 137

• JoeBlade 23 Feb 2020 23:40:16 4,882 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Oh and I'm twitching to finish Witcher 3. I derived that I must be close to the end of the main quest from hints I collected to and fro so why not. At the same time it seems I've only scratched the surface. Fuck me, what a game.
  • JoeBlade 23 Feb 2020 23:41:21 4,882 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Blessings to the new page god.
  • Malek86 28 Feb 2020 11:51:59 9,985 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Every time Lair of the Clockwork God makes me go "oh snap there's no way they can top that again", guess what, it regularly tops that again.

I must be close to the end now, which is actually disappointing because fatigue hasn't set in just yet.
  • dominalien 1 Mar 2020 10:13:24 9,536 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nier Automata.

I am torn about route B, as on the one hand it's moronic to make you do the same thing over again with only slight variation (though, to be fair, very enjoyable variation), but on the other that's when the game really clicked with me and I started enjoying combat (it getting very easy probably helped) and side quests and story and characters. If I hadn't read somewhere that this wasn't just a basic NG+ I'd probably have put the game aside and considered it done after route A.

Now I'm on route C and that's where things start getting interesting and I find it really bizarre the dude leaves the cool stuff for after you've already been playing his game for 40+ hours.

That said, I was playing it just 10 minutes ago and I felt I'd really, really had enough for now, so here I am writing about it.

Amazing game, I'm sure I'll be playing again in a couple of days' time.
  • ChiefGB 1 Mar 2020 12:38:44 12,388 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Iíve tried a few times to get into that (still on first playthrough) it never grabs me for long.
    Anyway Iím back on dragon quest 11 (PS4), itís just a nice run of the mill jrpg (thereís plenty that think this is outstanding but for me itís just a bit standard, although I adore the art) anyway I fancied some jRPG so this is the one Iíve picked back up. Itís fine to fill a hole but I doubt Iíll see it through for some time yet.
  • Tomo 1 Mar 2020 17:32:27 17,623 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I have resumed Witcher 3 for the 3rd time. Determined to finish it this time. Hopefully only a few hours to go now.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 1 Mar 2020 17:45:37 8,371 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Think I'm a good chunk of the way into Luigi's Mansion 3 now, having put the better half of an overnight transatlantic flight into it. Just got to the B2 boiler room floor.

There's a good game in there, but it doesn't half try to hide it sometimes, with the ropey controls and some of the frustrating backtracking.
  • retro74 1 Mar 2020 18:20:08 3,185 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm playing Sekiro. It's incredible but rather hard. I've killed 4 'bosses' now though so have been able to upgrade slightly

Going around picking off the standard enemies is so satisfying, the controls are beautiful and having a stealth mechanism that actually works makes each encounter feel like an intricate puzzle

I just hope I can keep pace with the skill required to progress
  • ChiefGB 1 Mar 2020 21:10:01 12,388 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You will, no matter how unlikely it seems at times, and the rushes will be glorious.
  • Ror 1 Mar 2020 21:47:24 19,968 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RE: NieR Automata, it's probably more helpful to think of the routes as chapters of one story, rather than different endings (which was more the case for the original.

OT: I'm coming up on the end of AC Oranges - think I've got one or two missions left, so will probably be posting about it in the recently completed thread tomorrow or Tues.

Edited by Ror at 21:48:13 01-03-2020
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Mar 2020 21:51:19 28,692 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Struggling a bit with God of War , itís gorgeous and all but Iím dying loads and not loving the gameplay, it might end up abandoned.
  • Frogofdoom 1 Mar 2020 22:18:47 16,215 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you are dying loads you are doing it wrong. It's not a hard game by any means outside of the valkyrie bosses.
  • Bichii 1 Mar 2020 22:45:42 2,869 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh my lord the queen Valkyrie was epic!
  • Youthist 1 Mar 2020 22:48:45 14,193 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Struggling a bit with God of War , itís gorgeous and all but Iím dying loads and not loving the gameplay, it might end up abandoned.
    How far in are you? It was harder early IIRC until you get a bit of health and mana - definitely felt quite tough first 5 hours or so.
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Mar 2020 23:33:47 28,692 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    How far in are you? It was harder early IIRC until you get a bit of health and mana - definitely felt quite tough first 5 hours or so.
    I'm in Alfheim, not that long after killing the first Ancient, just came across the flying poison things.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 2 Mar 2020 23:15:13 8,371 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just did a few missions co-op in Mechwarrior 5. Played it through twice solo (once before the big patch that made it good, once after), but my co-op partner is new to it.

And fucking hell, co-op is amazing. Elevates it beyond an action game into something far more tactical. Darting around the edges of battles in a glass-cannon Jenner, bullying small enemies and protecting the flanks of my partner's tankier Centurion is loads of fun.
  • Rum_Monkey 2 Mar 2020 23:43:28 607 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Darting around the edges of battles in a glass-cannon Jenner, bullying small enemies and protecting the flanks of my partner's tankier Centurion is loads of fun.
    Sounds like tory speak for a swingers party.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 2 Mar 2020 23:53:07 8,371 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Rum_Monkey I'm not sure why you'd infer that about a game where I'm just reaching around my partner to shoot my load of SRMs up the back passage of an unsuspecting enemy.

Edit: Also, paging Innuendobot_5000

Edited by Rogueywon at 23:53:43 02-03-2020
  • retro74 3 Mar 2020 08:50:38 3,185 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Still making slow-ish progress through Sekiro, got to a Horse 'boss' and dispatched him first attempt so it's definitely clicking a bit more

The hardest one so far for me was General Tenzen Yamauchi, who is probably what you would call a 'mini boss', but he was pretty tricky and took a lot of concentration

I definitely read somewhere that the stealth element is broken but for me it's the best thing in the game. Once you know the enemies placements in an area you can quietly take them all out one by one without being spotted once. It makes grinding for a bit of a gold a pleasure instead of a pain
  • JoelStinty 3 Mar 2020 09:45:21 8,784 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Witcher 3

Restarted it after being completely being confused by it from where i last left hour. But enjoying it a lot. The writing and voice acting is fantastic and I love how quests are multi quest affairs, it really pulls you out of the do this do that open world checklist affairs that cripple a lot of open world games. Itís kind of weird how GTA did this 15 years ago but how many open world games donít. Just done the Keira Metz stuff and I donít know how long this good feeling lasts as I know quests get a bit looser as you enter novigrad but itís great being back in this world. However bleak it is. Probably helps I set my self limits of 45 minutes a session, and found yesterday I actually wanted to play it for 2 hours.

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

A decent but frustrating game. It shines at times but Iím finding it a bit fiddly in places.

Box Boy Box Girl

Decent puzzler. Keeps me ticking over. Inventive and charming.
  • Mr_Sleep 3 Mar 2020 14:59:04 23,184 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @retro74 one tip for money is to use mibu wealth balls, or whatever they are called. Iirc you can kill everyone, not hoover up the gold, pop a ball and then the bonus will still apply.
  • retro74 3 Mar 2020 17:48:51 3,185 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep thanks for that tip. I used it earlier so I could get enough to buy all the gold bags from the merchant, saved a bit of time as it was good for 2 runs of my grinding area

Killed the bull boss first proper attempt just now (on the first actual attempt I didn't realise it was a boss area and tried to homeward out to save my gold/xp but got promptly stamped on)

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.