What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 140

• TitanWarlord93 16 Mar 2020 10:09:38 461 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DOOM (2016)

Needed to beat the campaign so that I am ready for DOOM Eternal. Still one of the best DOOM games ever played.
  • JoeBlade 17 Mar 2020 09:10:26 4,690 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Darksiders 2

About the 10th time I've restarted this game and I'm having a blast now. It has issues; bugs/glitches and difficulty spikes to name some but some but I enjoy it at the moment. Shame the series went down the shitter (allegedly, I haven't played the third one myself)

Edit: grahmmur, duh.

Edited by JoeBlade at 09:11:11 17-03-2020
  • monsieur-Cosmo 17 Mar 2020 11:30:10 560 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I envy you, JoeBlade. I couldn't get into any of the first 3 Darksiders games. Found them very boring and repetitive. It's not that they are bad games, it's likely that I have seen and played way too much similar shit over the years.
  • QBX 17 Mar 2020 12:23:08 143 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    I haven't played the third one myself
    I have and can confirm it is shit.

Avoid like the plague.
  • ChiefGB 17 Mar 2020 12:30:18 12,039 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New ori, and kotor2, ori2 is much smoother difficulty scale from the original version of ori and is rather lovely (it certainly seems to have taken a few cues from hollow knight) and has much more life than in the original.

Kotor2 is just fine actually. I played the prologue 2 years ago and it was pretty naff. Having got that crap out the way the actual game proper is more like the original. Problem is Iíve limited idea of wtf is going on, but then Iíve heard it was incomplete and thatís also possibly an issue. Some white haired Jedi Iím supposed to know has just appeared with no introduction and yet Iím supposed to know who she is? Iím piecing it together but it feels like Iíve missed a conversation or two.
  • JoeBlade 17 Mar 2020 13:06:52 4,690 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    monsieur-Cosmo wrote:
    I envy you, JoeBlade. I couldn't get into any of the first 3 Darksiders games. Found them very boring and repetitive. It's not that they are bad games, it's likely that I have seen and played way too much similar shit over the years.
    I can TOTALLY see how this is not for everyone. It's quirky in many regards and there are plenty of better games about in the genre(s)

It took me many tries to get into the game and even now I'm frustrated more than enjoying myself from time to time. Enjoyment currently predominates though.

But it has worth IMO. There's a cool world & story there, as far as I'm concerned. The mechanics are flawed but otherwise functional. And, again, I really like the mix of 3D puzzling, TPS combat, action RPG style and so on. It definitely has something going for it, once you look past the warts.
  • JoeBlade 17 Mar 2020 14:37:25 4,690 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @ChiefGB KotOR2 is a strange beast. It's another of those games I've started repeatedly but never truly finished (apparently I got 99% or so through it though)

I think the bulk of it is actually better than KotOR1 but 1) it has a number of technical issues and 2) it's known to be unfinished. Obsidian had to rush the game and certain story lines and particularly the ending of the main story are incomplete. That would explain why you're a bit in the dark.

Still, I think it's only second to X-Wing vs Tie Fighter as far as Star Wars games go. Entirely subjective obviously, but I would suggest keeping at it. I think it's most certainly worth its play time.
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Mar 2020 18:12:47 28,355 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have a few games on the go at the moment, none are really clicking 100%.

Link's Awakening : I've done 3 dungeons, it's gorgeous and nice but not really grabbing me.
    Luigi's Mansion 3 : I love the world, graphics and humour but nt so much the controls, enjoying it for short periods though.
    Nier : Automata : I'm about to go to the forest, not sure how far in I am. It's ok so far, another one not clicking fully.

Recently abandoned God of War and Spiderman so lots of games not clicking just now but I loved RE2 to bits.
    I've been dipping into BoTW again on a possible replay as my saves were lost last year when my Switch was pinched and it's better than fucking anything else I can play!

I have Fire Emblem waiting, will give that a go soon.

P.S the games are all fine but nothing is giving me that "can't wait to play this after work" feeling.

Edited by Armoured_Bear at 18:13:21 18-03-2020
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 18 Mar 2020 18:19:08 8,024 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear On Luigi's Mansion 3, switch the controls to the alternate setup in the options menu. It's way better. Tank-style controls might be more flexible, but they should never have been the default.

You're past the most tedious bits of Nier Automata now - the route A fucking around in the desert. It's still a long way from dropping some of its biggest plot and gameplay twists, so stick with it.
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Mar 2020 18:32:58 28,355 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear On Luigi's Mansion 3, switch the controls to the alternate setup in the options menu. It's way better. Tank-style controls might be more flexible, but they should never have been the default.

You're past the most tedious bits of Nier Automata now - the route A fucking around in the desert. It's still a long way from dropping some of its biggest plot and gameplay twists, so stick with it.
    Thanks for the tips!
  • Malek86 20 Mar 2020 09:57:53 9,714 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Started playing Chaos Theory again, this time on Xbox One.

I remembered why I didn't like it much the first time around. Many of the new additions aren't that great to me. The way the camera distorts when you are using night mode, the slightly more open levels, the seemingly pointless secondary objectives. Also it looks washed out next to the older games (probably because it makes liberal use of mipmapping).
  • Gibroon 20 Mar 2020 10:05:36 2,232 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Back playing nms, this time on pc. Nice to see they have finally made it a far smoother experience running on pc.

Great game for losing many an hour due to my self quarantine. Only on day 4, 10 to go.

Tried playing some COD warzone but getting a few crashes to desktop so not really getting into it.
  • DrStrangelove 20 Mar 2020 15:50:58 14,977 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stanley Parable. I don't get it. When do I get my shotgun.
  • Darth_Flibble 21 Mar 2020 11:45:06 4,016 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    AC odyssey: Fate of Atlantis, Episode 1

The main game is free weekend on live and no doubt psn as well, got the ep 1 DLC free a while back

Its not great DLC, the Fields of Elysium look really nice but the gameplay is the same old stuff, starts with some crappy modern day stuff with the main character everyone forgot about, once you get to the new area its destroy statues and kill solider etc

its real generic crap
  • JoelStinty 21 Mar 2020 13:11:44 8,630 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ori and the Blind Forest (Switch)

Good. Can be bloody difficult at times, it almost falls into that Super Meat Boy restartathon in places, but I haven't been that frustrated with it. I like how it drops some pretty complex platforming in your hands pretty earlier on, it doesn't mess around. It looks beautiful on the Switch. Definitely one of the best looking games on the system.

Animal Crossing (Switch)

Just getting started with it. But I can see myself losing a lot of time to it.

Witcher 3.

Sadly I think this will go on the back burner for a bit, with FF7 coming out in a couple of weeks I want to get those big games out of the way or my system, and I can't see my self finishing it by then. Been really enjoying my re-started playhthrough though.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 22 Mar 2020 08:47:40 8,024 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Currently active list:

Mechwarrior 5 (PC) - Third time through MW5, this time in co-op. Leaving aside a few small frustrations (only the host can see the galaxy map and marketplace), it's an excellent co-op game. Some of the campaign's difficulty spikes feel less pronounced when you have a human player in one of your lance's other mechs.

Doom Eternal (PC) - Have had annoyingly little time to play this since it launched, but four hours in and loving it. Some of the story and lore is a bit naff, but I love everything else about it. Even the platforming (so sue me).

BattleTech (PC) - Just over 100 game-days left on my Ironman career, then I'm done with this properly. Honest.

Nioh 2 (PS4) - It's not really gripping me so far but I'm moving forward through it in fits and starts.

Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem (PC) - As with Nioh 2, it hasn't got its claws on me, but I'm making some progress in short sessions here and there.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) - Making slow but steady progress through the DLC campaign.
  • ghearoid 22 Mar 2020 09:12:47 3,352 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Animal Crossing: New Horizons - already obsessed...!

Dragon Quest XI S Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition for Nintendo Switch - I think I'm near the end, have to get the thing to make the thing then defeat the thing.
  • JoeBlade 22 Mar 2020 23:16:14 4,690 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Metro: Last Light - Redux
    I've tried getting into Metro 2033 again but the forced stealth section and the first shootout with the nazis is just too punishing as far as I'm concerned. It feels like the wrong kind of difficult.

Last Light though, it has been kind to me thus far. It's creepy, challenging and I enjoy the story more than 2033. This is far more my jam.
  • Armoured_Bear 25 Mar 2020 18:11:22 28,355 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    On the Switch I have Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Fire Emblem on the go. As gf is hogging it for Animal Crossing, I'm also giving the PS4 some love.

I bought Ass Creed Origins as it was cheapo, see if it holds my attention after Spiderman and God of War didn't.
    I also started Persona 5 again, I'm only a few hours in, I think I stopped it as the 100 hours was daunting. However, I really enjoyed it last night, maybe I'm in the mood for it now..
  • JoelStinty 25 Mar 2020 18:45:08 8,630 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear

I loved AC origins. I was a bit apprehensive buying it, but I was swept up by it. Maybe the best game world I have set foot in. So much attention to detail. I should play the Dlc at some points.
  • Tomo 27 Mar 2020 02:38:14 17,421 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Ooof... Civ 6 + lockdown = late to bed on school nights.

Yeesh.
  • Nitrous 27 Mar 2020 06:23:07 1,934 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Because of everything thats been going on I've not really played much of anything until yesterday.

Dirt Rally 2. An excellent looking game that feels so good with a wheel when setup but frustrating at the same time when you make a silly mistake.

Xbox: nothing.
    PC: spintires and looking forward to snow runner.
    Vita: nothing but might play unit 13.
  • Mola_Ram 27 Mar 2020 07:26:55 22,783 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    4 things on the go, depending on mood...

Animal Crossing: Only doing 30-40 minutes a day, mostly in the evening. It's very relaxing. :)

Fire Emblem Three Houses: Getting close to the end of a Maddening Golden Deer playthrough, it's still fun but I'll be pretty happy to be done with the game soon. The DLC was great too!

Tokyo Mirage Sessions: Going to get back into this more seriously after Fire Emblem is done. I got up to the second story palace/dungeon/whatever you want to call it

La Mulana 2: Not sure why I immediately downloaded this, considering how hard I thought the first game was. But it was never that hard in terms of platforming or action skills, the difficulty was more to do with how obtuse the puzzles were. Which is more my style (and the sequel so far is significantly easier anyway).
  • Fonzie 27 Mar 2020 08:27:31 3,384 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just finished Assassin's Creed Origins so have now started The Surge 2. I enjoyed the first one but so far, this is much better. I'm making steady progress and it's quite nice to chop off limbs etc after a long day at work. I made it to Gideon's Rock yesterday and some statues came to life and kill d me quite easily. My attacks also seemed to make hardly any damage to them. I'm sure I'll figure them out tonight.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 27 Mar 2020 09:08:52 8,024 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Fonzie The Surge 2 is great. Those statues are a bit of an escalation of difficulty, though. The trick with them is to go for parries rather than attacking yourself. If you can stagger them with a parry then land a charged attack, you break their shield, which lets you play a little more aggressively.
  • Bichii 27 Mar 2020 09:29:19 2,674 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Back on hunt showdown after a week of doom eternal, which is a incredibly difficult thing to do as the button are different and I keep messing it up. :). Might start control again as well.
  • Bazooklad 27 Mar 2020 09:48:18 135 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Doom 2016 for the craic as Doom Eternal will have to wait for a while.

Finally cleared the battle pass and on Modern Warfare, War Zone is great but need to give this a breather.

Might start Metro:Exodus - but if I'm honest I am having trouble concentrating on things right now.

Edited by Bazooklad at 09:48:46 27-03-2020
  • ChiefGB 27 Mar 2020 11:08:46 12,039 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iím elbow deep in destiny this week as Iím home for the long haul and managed to get two lapsed players back and lapping it up. I have to do my own season stuff when they arenít on then weeklies and replays of bits when together so itís literally taken up most of this week.

Oh and still working through murder by numbers in my personal down time.

Edited by ChiefGB at 11:09:34 27-03-2020
  • monsieur-Cosmo 27 Mar 2020 12:03:32 560 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kinda bored with AAA gaming these days, so I'm playing around with Citra and Dolphin. Yeah, an animal lover here.
    Oh, also Lara Croft ...something.. Osiris (free from good uncle Newell) - enjoying it.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.