What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 145

• Rum_Monkey 23 Apr 2020 17:58:11 806 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Death Stranding.

It actually might be the weirdest game I've played.
  • Cadence 23 Apr 2020 18:00:41 2,477 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Rum_Monkey wrote:
    Death Stranding.

It actually might be the weirdest game I've played.
    Is it actually any good? I'm still undecided whether to get it.
  • Rum_Monkey 23 Apr 2020 18:16:25 806 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Yeah it's pretty good. One of those games you really have to be in the mood for to click I think.

It's a bit obtuse with how everything works but the story is weird enough to keep you going.

Looks absolutely amazing too.
  • ChiefGB 23 Apr 2020 21:43:28 12,490 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah itís certainly like nothing else.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 23 Apr 2020 23:02:56 8,687 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    A bit alarmed by how quickly I'm burning through Persona 5 Royal. I'm around 65 hours in and have finished 5 out of 7 palaces in the main story. I know that there's a new arc in Royal that continues after you finish the main plot and that I'm probably not much over half-way through in those terms, but still...

This has been my happy-place game for a good chunk of lockdown, which is a bit odd really, given how bloody angry it is. Easter and the following weekend basically vanished without me noticing as I ploughed through it. It devours free time like nothing else.

But it's ultimately a linear, story-based game and I'm going to finish it at some point. Yes, I've got the FF7 remake lined up and waiting to go next, but still... I am a bit nervous about finishing my lockdown comfort-blanket game.

Edited by Rogueywon at 23:03:09 23-04-2020
  • QBX 26 Apr 2020 12:51:39 165 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fire Emblem (GBA)

Another game I forgot I had. Once it gets its hooks into you it really is hard to put down but it's beginning to piss me off. When you push and try to be aggressive you get royally fucked so your forced to play conservatively and slowly crawl along the map.

Not sure if that's just the genre but I can't be doing with games that tie your hands like that.
  • Mola_Ram 26 Apr 2020 15:36:51 23,685 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's not really the genre, it's just Fire Emblem. Your units aren't as expendable as they are in other series, and yeah this encourages you to play conservatively.

You can lose units and still pretty easily beat the game, though. There are usually plenty of opportunities to recruit during missions.
  • Graxlar_v3 26 Apr 2020 15:44:33 10,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    QBX wrote:
    Fire Emblem (GBA)

Another game I forgot I had. Once it gets its hooks into you it really is hard to put down but it's beginning to piss me off. When you push and try to be aggressive you get royally fucked so your forced to play conservatively and slowly crawl along the map.

Not sure if that's just the genre but I can't be doing with games that tie your hands like that.
    If you like the idea but hate perms death, try something like disgaea, it punishes you for losing units in a battle but they are revivable before the next map.
  • Mola_Ram 26 Apr 2020 15:51:32 23,685 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Or if you like the gameplay loop of Fire Emblem specifically but without permadeath, the games from Awakening onwards have the option to turn it off.
  • HelloNo 26 Apr 2020 21:23:57 2,180 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mount and Blade 2: Its still in early access so no surprise it feels incomplete and had some rough edges - no doubt the final product will as well like the first game, but holy hell is it addictive. Really it's the first game but with 'more', and some nicer graphics and QoL features.
  • PierrePressure 27 Apr 2020 17:10:39 1,070 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Halo 4:

It's definitely Halo, isn't it?
  • Malek86 27 Apr 2020 17:14:45 10,090 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @PierrePressure well, yeah. At least until you get to the final boss and it's a QTE. Definitely felt the last-gen influence there.
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Apr 2020 19:37:56 25,859 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I have "fallen" into playing:
    Borderlands goty on Xbox
    Borderlands 2 & 3 on ps4!

...not sure how that happened!

I'm lvl:
    27 Hunter on Xbox
    30 Commando bl2.
    17 Siren on bl3.

Played the first 2 games to death in various consoles, but they are just great brainless fun!
  • Nitrous 27 Apr 2020 21:47:51 2,019 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Days Gone, in fairness I haven't played anything else since I got this just after the lockdown started.

Reached the south part of the map now, able to carry more ammo and I had started to use the crossbow more until I got my hands on new sniper rifle. Its probably a bit long if I'm honest with all the fetch quests going on. Much prefer to take over camps and rescue random people across the map.

SnowRunner gets released at midnight... Im not going to stay up as I'll be annoyed when I find my PC cant run it and ill have to actually spend money upgrading it or admit I should have got it on console and paid more... Hope for the best on this one.
  • Bazooklad 27 Apr 2020 22:24:47 141 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gritting my teeth through Doom 64 - and still grinding MW for my sins.

I really need a chilled out game like an RPG to take the edge off.

Edited by Bazooklad at 22:25:42 27-04-2020
  • Saul_Iscariot 27 Apr 2020 23:24:15 3,716 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Having still found myself stuck on the same part of SotC I have moved onto Uncharted remake. Figure I will work through the series. I have only ever played the first two. So i am hoping for good things.

Iíve still never played TLoU. So if Uncharted doesnít keep my attention I may give that a go.
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Apr 2020 23:27:56 25,859 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Saul_Iscariot
    Be aware the original Uncharted has not aged well at all. The second and third are considerably better, 2 is great. 4 the best.👌

As for TLoU, where have you been man! 😁 brilliant, brilliant game.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 27 Apr 2020 23:32:10 8,687 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Odd, I would rank the Uncharted games in precisely the opposite order, reflecting their progression from decent third-person shooter to mawkish interactive movie.
  • Anthony_UK 28 Apr 2020 02:38:15 3,003 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Sea of Thieves

Gave this a go at launch and bounced off it, mainly because it was a shell of a game, but anoyingly so after years of development with Rare at the helm.

Gave it another try over the past few days and I have to say it's sucked me in. Rare seem to have been beavering away at their original vision for the past couple of years and it's now starting to come together and make sense.

It still doesn't feel like a fully fleshed out world, though there an improvement with an overarching narrative and lore within the game. That said I am now enjoying getting lost and exploring with what is currently there.

It's not perfect, but it's definitely worth another try if you've not touched it in a while, especially with a few friends.

Edited by Anthony_UK at 02:39:00 28-04-2020
  • MadCaddy13 28 Apr 2020 07:43:30 3,116 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mythica wrote:
    So my entire crew got wiped out in State of Decay 2. I don't think I took as much care as I should have. Lol

New crew now and am applying a little more patience. Things are going much better.
    I had a right good time until I had an Ďend gameí mission where if I wanted to continue playing I had to start a new community with perks. I didnít really want to start again though so Iíve put it down now
  • Bichii 28 Apr 2020 07:52:12 3,047 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I loved s.o.d. 1, I put soooo many hours into it, kinda want an Xbox to play 2.
  • MadCaddy13 28 Apr 2020 07:58:10 3,116 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Iím on the Xbox game pass for PC. £4 a month for a fuck tonne of games. Gears Tactics is out today too which comes with it! :D
  • Dombat 28 Apr 2020 09:26:30 1,749 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not really playing anything except Animal Crossing at the moment.

Weirdly I've just not been making time for games lately. I'm busy with work and been keeping myself occupied during the lockdown with other activities that aren't games. Perhaps now the weather has got shit I'll make more time again, but I do feel a bit overwhelmed with the choice of games I've got to play at the moment.

FFVII Remake hasn't really got its hooks in me as I expected. I'm only on Chapter 5.
  • Saul_Iscariot 28 Apr 2020 14:05:20 3,716 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 I had a several hour span on the first game last night. Quite enjoyed it, and according to the counter I am 32% through the campaign. I remember on my 2nd and 3rd play throughout the PS3 I could get through it quite quickly, so it wonít outstay itís welcome.

If I enjoy all 4 is Lost Legacy worth a punt?

As for TLoU, I had it on PS3, then picked it up on PS4 a few years back. I tried it for a few hours on PS4 but never clicked with it. I think FOMO motivated me to try it. Everyone always says it is a must play game. I think I may have to force myself to play it. Mainly because 2 is coming out and and again I fear missing out on the conversations.

It is like when I was playing Heavy Rain. The discussions of that game, with me and my mates all getting a different experience made the game in part for me.
  • Rum_Monkey 28 Apr 2020 14:19:38 806 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Resi 3 at night to add to the ambience. Not as much love gone into this a the remake of 2 and its a lot more fast paced but I'm really enjoying it.

Katana Zero for quick go's in the day. Not as replayabe as hotline miami but still a good serial killing puzzle game. Very slick.
  • Tomo 28 Apr 2020 17:51:18 17,693 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    KZ took me a while to love, but once I got there it was pretty great. Cool world and pretty mad story which doesn't make a whole bunch of sense.
  • Theshape80 29 Apr 2020 10:15:47 289 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Predator Hunting grounds.
    Iím really split on this game. As the predator itís 10/10 for me. As fireteam 3/10. Itís really unbalanced at the moment towards the fireteam, doesnít perform that well either.

Next up is Project Winter. I love social deduction games and this seems to take it a little further. Will try that later today.
  • JoelStinty 29 Apr 2020 10:23:58 8,875 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Started Yakuza Kiwami yesterday and surprisingly put 3 hours into it. Been really enjoying it and getting back into beating people up. Yakuza 0 was my first Yakuza game and I found it a bit of a slog albeit I really enjoyed its story and characters. I was a bit apprehensive picking this up but Its characters etc have kind of been on the back of my mind since I finished zero and just had an urge to continue the story.

I guess with Kiwami I know what to expect and Iíve fallen into its groove a lot more easily and just seem to be completing enjoying it straight of the bat.

Edited by JoelStinty at 10:24:57 29-04-2020

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.