Following What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 147

• Rogueywon 8 May 2020 08:50:43 10,023 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Mola_Ram Mechanicus is very good, but I don't think it's on PS4 and it's certainly no easier than XCom.
  • Mola_Ram 8 May 2020 08:56:13 24,819 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Website says it's on PS4. But yeah, I haven't played it, so nfi if it's easier than XCOM.

I guess you could just play XCOM on a lower difficulty? Or maybe Chimera Squad, where you don't have to contend with the strategic layer?
  • Darth_Flibble 8 May 2020 09:32:27 4,596 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Are there any games like X-Com that are piss easy?

Preferably on PS4
    Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is easier than xcom if you play on easy mode and get stealth side weapon for each character. Also its a decent game
  • Darth_Flibble 8 May 2020 09:36:29 4,596 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    It's XCOM, it hits you because it loves you.

I agree that the Alien Rulers are kind of bullshit (even the Chosen don't get to act every time they see you take an action), but they're not impossible. You can beat them with cautious play!

The War of the Chosen DLC also changes the way they're introduced, so you don't run into one until you try to destroy an alien facility.
    Its the fact it shows so early in the game, if I tick the box to add the AR missions you can choose when to fight the viper king from what I read,which is actually better. Also he seems to target soldiers with the ice grenade, which is cheap

Managed to kill the VK on the 3rd mission last night, killed him on overwatch. I don't have The War of the Chosen DLC but no doubt will buy it as its great game despite the beatings the game gives you
  • Mola_Ram 8 May 2020 09:46:57 24,819 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If someone uses a grenade on you in XCOM, usually it means that your guys are too bunched together. And I know that this advice doesn't mean much when you don't know which enemies have grenades, but with these games knowledge is like half of the difficulty curve. Failure eventually leads to success!
  • Darth_Flibble 8 May 2020 10:05:24 4,596 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    sorry I meant he targets the solider with holding the ice grenade that I'm going to freeze him with. He does have freeze attack and uses even if they are spaced out
  • Mola_Ram 8 May 2020 10:10:33 24,819 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, right. I don't know if that's intentional or not, I don't think the AI is smart enough to target your most-threatening team members.
  • Bichii 9 May 2020 18:08:55 3,795 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Remnant

Highly recommended if you have someone to play with. I'm having such a good time playing through this at the moment with two friends. Such a variety of enemies as you progress through the game and the weapons all feel nice and meaty. I like all the RPG elements as well, seems like you can really create the character you want. I messed up a few points but I am mainly focusing on weak spot damage bonuses and using the sniper rifle. Buy it.
  • Graxlar_v3 9 May 2020 19:53:16 10,654 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Trails of mana
    Trails of cold steel
  • MadCaddy13 10 May 2020 17:42:52 3,136 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Currently playing through:

Gears: Tactics
    Love this game. One of my fave franchises mixed with one of my fave gaming types.
    Being honest I just wish it had less women in it.

Assassins Creed Odyssey
    Great game, lovely setting and intriguing story. About 30 - 40 hours in and Iím not tired of the repetitiveness yet.

Gears 5 (campaign)
    An ok game I guess. Could of been far better tbh.
    I wouldnít call it open world, the huge empty gaps between missions are useless but fills a whole between the locations I guess.

Doom Eternal
    I havenít played in a while admittedly - it may be teetering on the edge of abandonment. Bit burnt out on the constant action and itís surprisingly long!

All on PC 😊
  • Dombat 10 May 2020 20:27:15 1,864 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trying to push on with Death Stranding. Did what I think is most of Episode 8 today. I think Iím still enjoying it for the most part but Iím largely motivated by completing it to focus on other games now.

Back on FF7 Remake. Enjoying it more now.

Playing Animal Crossing: NH daily but not for long so Iím making glacial progress at improving my town and doing objectives.
  • Nitrous 11 May 2020 22:27:59 2,116 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    God of War

It's been 12 months since I last played it and I really need to find some better magic moves or upgrade one of the better ones.

I'm finding the map rather useless most of time. Some of the icons cover others especially the ones saying you can't travel here yet.

Other than that a brilliant game and put a few hours into today
  • JoelStinty 12 May 2020 11:14:39 9,099 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Started replaying dishonoured last night. I was luke warm with it first time round (I think) but been having an urge to play it again for some reason so looking forward to see if my opinion changes. I think last time I just kind of played it without taking anything in is going to take my time with this one and see what the fuss is all about:

Also started FF14 which is pretty compulsive. Been nothing but fetch and kill quests so far but itís kind of addictive. Just unlocked class quests so will start doing them.

Yakuza Kiwami

Kind of hit a brick wall with after initially enjoying beating people up with some flamboyance again. Put it aside temporarily and will chip away at it again when I finished dishonoured.

Edited by JoelStinty at 11:18:32 12-05-2020
  • beastmaster 12 May 2020 13:43:26 21,645 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Lonely Mountains: Downhill and Streets of Rage 4.

The latest Edge magazine is the "Feel Better" issue and all that's in it are games they think will help people during isolation. Take your minds off things and hopefully ease the tension. Covers all generations. It's got games like Seyonassa With Hearts, Gris, Knights & Bikes etc.

I'll definitely check these out at some point. Hopefully find a few to my linking and add to my backlog :-)
  • PierrePressure 12 May 2020 13:59:50 1,229 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    After non playing any VR for what felt like about a year, I have Blood and Truth on the go.

Only the first level complete so far but I have been impressed, loved the little car ride with his brother and chucking his e-cig out the window
  • Gunzberg 12 May 2020 14:28:47 2,827 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dungeon Siege 2.

By jove, this is quite fun actually
  • Lotos8ter 13 May 2020 11:21:06 3,027 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    On an impulse, Iíve bought Sniper Elite 4 in the PS sale.
    Iíve never played one before and no idea why as itís really superb. Massive sandbox levels with Multiple objectives and general stealth based gameplay.
    Not a moan, but I could do with a bit more hand holding on all the equipment and what does what. When things start to go wrong it ends up in a massive firefight. I might watch some YouTube vids to get a sense of what I should be doing.
    All in all, the best £10 Iíve ever spent so far.
  • Darth_Flibble 13 May 2020 20:59:42 4,596 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Carrying on with xcom 2, encountered another alien ruler (the bastard) 2nd encounter: he put 3 of my soldiers in the hospital but put the rest of his aliens in the morgue

Raven remastered
    point and click game and its has some weird looking character model faces, they are quite cartoony and sometimes a bit creepy. Its very much old school point and click like broken sword when they went 3d
  • Nanocrystal 13 May 2020 23:10:43 2,265 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mythica wrote:
    After downloading the remastered Uncharted trilogy I started the first game last night. It's fun, but more of a shooting gallery than an adventure game.
    I've been playing this series for the first time over the last few weeks. The first game was absolutely dreadful, but the second and third are MUCH better and right now I'm on the fourth one and am really impressed by it. Played them all on the second-lowest difficulty as I just wanted to power through and see the story, but despite that there were some controller-biting difficulty spikes, particularly in the third game. Thankfully the fourth game has a very generous auto-aim, plus improved stealth systems, that has actually made the combat fun. And it looks stunning.
  • Gunzberg 15 May 2020 21:46:07 2,827 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So trying out Fallout 76 on the free weekend. Made it to Lvl 11 so far with the double xp bonus.

I massively hate the survival elements, carting around food, water, drinking this and eating that all the time. I claimed a workshop then in a public event had to defend it against three waves of super mutants. My reward was some Purified Water and other bits and bobs, emphasizing again the survival aspect.

The semi-VATS is so-so. My main issue is that after doing some quests etc, I'm just so utterly bored. Game did not crash once and ran stable but think I will now try out the free weekend of Stellaris. I realise there's stuff to do with friends etc, but for the lone gamer? There are were also really few people on my map in general, not really anyone teaming up either.

Might carry on this weekend if it perhaps does get better after all the boredom
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 16 May 2020 06:38:48 15,263 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Started another playthrough of Grim Fandango last night

Iím very much in the mood for something I can just potter about in at the end of the day
  • RedPanda87 16 May 2020 16:40:53 2,069 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Magic the Gathering: Arena

Probably the most I've ever got into a competitive multiplayer game. Enjoying it a lot, though my interest is starting to wane slightly after around 100 hours.

Shadow Tactics

Great stuff this. I bought it years ago at launch and tried and failed to get into it twice but third time was apparently the charm.

Gears Tactics

Absolutely love the combat in this but I wish there was more variety to the environments and missions. Feels like they've built a great game system and then slightly phoned in the levels (with some exceptions).
  • BlueandYellow 16 May 2020 17:30:24 5 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • BlueandYellow 16 May 2020 17:30:25 5 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Nanocrystal
    Iíve been playing the Uncharted collection as well and agree that one is definitely the weakest of the bunch. 2 is fantastic.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.