Following What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 149

• Darth_Flibble 23 May 2020 17:37:59 4,596 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Risen 3 (ps4 "enhanced" edition)

Risen 2 was a janky mess but there was something good about (I liked there was a skill to shoot someone in the face in the middle of conversation at points) Risen 3 had bad combat I heard when it was released on 360/ps3 gen and not much has been improved so far. Also the main character's voice is really shit, its like got some american guy off the street and said do christian bale batman but shit (this is a game with pirates btw)

so far nothing that shit but its ps now title so can delete it and move on

Edited by Darth_Flibble at 21:09:56 23-05-2020
  • monsieur-Cosmo 23 May 2020 18:41:32 615 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Risen 2 and especially 3 are my favorite "fantasy" action rpgs. Then again, my taste is not very common I also enjoyed both Two Worlds games.
    Although limited, the open world in Risen 3 was kinda cool imho. I played on PC though. There were some glitches but nothing game breaking.
    i agree about main character's voice, but I got used to it eventually./shrug
  • Humperfunk 23 May 2020 19:27:17 8,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Done that stupid thing where I'm going to spread myself too thin over games. Started Yakuza 3 yesterday but have now bought Saints Row The Third Remastered as it has been so long since I've played one and they are just pure fun.

Also still trying to make my way through Resi 4 in small chunks and playing Thumper as well, bah. Need to ensure at least one of these are finished by the time The Last of Us 2 is out...
  • mrharvest 23 May 2020 20:03:26 5,599 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    TES:online, GTA:online, Trine 2, Monster Train
  • FIFAfan 23 May 2020 23:40:49 268 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Casually re-playing Grand Theft Auto V single player on Xbox One X atm.

Rinsed this back in 2013 on Xbox 360. Los Santos and surrounding countryside are still such an incredible sandbox to play in. Dripping with detail.
  • Pipedream 24 May 2020 07:41:58 566 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Monster Hunter Ultimate Generation was on sale in the eshop so thought I'd pick it up.

Absolutely wonderful game. If only online worked the same as MHW. Theres so much content locked behind a multiplayer wall.
  • monsieur-Cosmo 24 May 2020 10:05:02 615 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Started the Definitive Edition of Mafia 2 (PC)...er I don't know, it's basically the same game which I completed years ago. Graphically I don't see THAT much difference (then again, I am unable to perceive difference between 30 and 60 FPS). Some ppl on the web said there might be additional content as the files are so big, but I doubt it. Not sure I can persevere with it. It sure is pretty and oozes with atmosphere, but not really sand box. Just a shell of an open world game as one reviewer said. He was right.

Edited by monsieur-Cosmo at 10:07:06 24-05-2020
  • DUFFMAN5 24 May 2020 10:26:33 26,316 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @monsieur-Cosmo
    I did enjoy 2 Have no real desire to revisit. I am however looking forward to the remake of Mafia. That should be a game changer as the first one is so bloody old.

I played but never competed in my Xbox when it got released. Speaking of gangster games. I loved the 2 Godfather and Scarface game. Great fun.
  • Derblington 24 May 2020 11:06:20 34,242 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I bought Maneater yesterday.

When it first got announced I totally wrote it off and ignored it up until a few days ago. I donít know what it was that made me look again but Iím glad I did. Iíve always had a bit of a fascination with sharks (so many books as a kid, and then I saw JAWS!).
    Itís B-movie material and the gameplay is repetitive but itís wrapped in humour and a revenge story (Scaly Pete killed my mum shark!), and just being the shark is kinda cool. Thereís an RPG structure and Iím level 14 now - an adult shark - and the power increase is really noticeable. Iíve got 3 different evolutions of teeth, extra health, have fully upgraded my sonar, and semi-amphibious (being a land shark is useful for eating the pesky humans that donít venture on to the water!).

Itís not gonna win any awards but itís a bit different and just a lot of fun. Enjoying much more than even I thought I would, and getting to each new water body is really interesting to see what wildlife and predators Iím going to have to contend with.
  • DUFFMAN5 24 May 2020 11:07:49 26,316 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Derblington
    Defo one to watch once it hits GP.👍
  • Nanocrystal 24 May 2020 11:27:11 2,265 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RDR2

Just started this, and am only a few hours in. It's very slow paced isn't it? Wasn't keen at all on the first bit in the snow, but now the world seems to be opening up and the game is actually letting me play it. I think I'm gonna enjoy it. And my word is it pretty. The systems seem a bit bewildering though. How do I know when I should feed my horse?
  • Malek86 25 May 2020 06:33:04 11,183 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Finally started Double Agent for the first time, the OG Xbox version. It plays a lot like the old trilogy, and very much unlike Conviction. That's good.

The conflicting objectives seem a bit throwaway, and the coop sequences are very short, but overall I'm just glad to be playing a "new" classic SC.
  • Darth_Flibble 25 May 2020 07:56:29 4,596 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom

got it and another game for 2.99 in recent xbox sale and its really good, the main characters voices sound a bit like kids cartoon show But its decent action rpg
  • monsieur-Cosmo 25 May 2020 10:42:14 615 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    As I fell in love with Dead Rising series (esp. 3 and 4, don't care about the first two) I am replaying DR 3 for the fourth time, I kid you not. Main character's stats are all maxed out, yet the game still gives me those PP points to spend(?). Trying to do all the side quests this time. I love how people from them can fight alongside you. This is how you do a zombie slasher, Capcom. Resident Evil can feck right off. This is bloody, cheesy, open-worldly (kind of), gore-y yet still somehow not scary and, most importantly, fun.
  • Malek86 25 May 2020 11:12:33 11,183 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I had some fun with DR4, although I know people didn't take kindly to Dead Rising turning into a sort of Dynasty Warriors.

DR3 was a better halfway point.
  • Darth_Flibble 25 May 2020 12:52:40 4,596 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    I had some fun with DR4, although I know people didn't take kindly to Dead Rising turning into a sort of Dynasty Warriors.

DR3 was a better halfway point.
    it was bit more than turning into DW, so much of the games identity was lost and fitting the psychos was really boring. I saw a good video on YT a while back and DR4 was thrown together very quickly by the demands of MS
  • MadCaddy13 26 May 2020 10:43:23 3,136 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anno 1800

This game is sucking the life out of me. I can easily sit and play this for hours and hours but because itís pure concentration all the time, it gives me headaches.
    Youíre trying to work on something, then you hear thatís your ship is being attacked, then one of your competitors asks for a favour, then a fire breaks out, then you see that thereís not enough grain being made and you forget what the first thing you was doing. Serious brain explosion game. But I love it and want to keep playing
  • Rogueywon 26 May 2020 10:56:32 10,023 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    My list as it currently stands, as it creeps back up to normal levels following Persona 5 Royal:

Total War: Three Kingdoms (PC) - Have completed a solo campaign now as Wei, but have gone back for another playthrough as Shu (whose storyline is most familiar from Romance of the Three Kingdoms). Also have a co-op game on the go.

Sakura Wars (PS4) - Getting further into this now. It's beautifully presented, with very high production values for a "minor league" Japanese game. My one gripe is that the action sequences are very short and (so far) a bit too easy.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) - Back to the DLC campaign. Still not very far into it.

Phoenix Point (PC) - Pushing on with this but struggling to click with it.

Nioh 2 (PS4) - Started this when it came out, but dropped it the moment Persona 5 Royal released. Picking it up again now, but need to re-learn the muscle memory it requires.
  • Gunzberg 26 May 2020 11:25:02 2,827 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Neverwinter Nights: Darkness over Daggerford (Cancelled Premium Module)

There is so much content in NWN, that I have already put 135 hours into it. Given all the great user modules out there, I could play this for the rest of the year and not be done.
  • Rhaegyr 26 May 2020 11:26:22 5,271 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hitman 1 & 2

I've played this on and off over the last couple of years - it's so fucking good. First Hitman game and made me a lifelong fan of the series - I don't even want anything to change in the eventual Hitman 3, just give me more amazing levels like Paris, Sapienza, Miami et al and I'll be happy.
  • Rogueywon 27 May 2020 19:53:43 10,023 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Mythica Zestiria's not bad as the Tales Of... games go, but it's a slow starter, loading a hell of a lot of cutscenes up front. You'll see what I mean when you get to the bit where you take a boat out of the first town (not really a spoiler as it's just a couple of hours in).

Other than that, it's a fairly standard Tales Of game - basically a big, fuzzy JRPG comfort-blanket that sticks very conservatively to genre norms.

Edit: No, wait, mixing it up with Xillia. Zestiria's awful. Sorry.

Edited by Rogueywon at 20:00:28 27-05-2020
  • wuntyate 28 May 2020 00:41:09 15,827 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some fantastic little games on the go just now after having a bit of a retro inspired splurge.

Valfaris - it looks and moves beautifully and the soundtrack is just metal as hell. Love it.
    Huntdown - as above, except brilliant synthwave inspired soundtrack, which is also brilliant. Brilliant.
    Gunlord X - it's like Turrican, enough said. Was recommended as such on this very forum.
    Toki - I was obsessed with the original when i was wee and had it for the c64, longingly wishing it looked as good as the arcade. This version is beautifully done and, yep, I'm loving it as well.
  • Rodney 28 May 2020 01:11:33 4,736 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Plague tale.

Only about an hour in but I'm enjoying it. It's fairly scripted and the gameplay is simple but its an okay story and is tense. Also very pretty in places.
  • Red_Bool 28 May 2020 07:38:01 2,090 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Skyrim on Switch. Currently doing the Winterhold quest.
    Portable Skyrim is sooo good. Plus since I'm the only one using the Switch atm I can just pick up instantly where I left off.
  • Rogueywon 28 May 2020 07:41:54 10,023 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Mythica My biggest problem with Zestiria was that the battle system ends up needlessly overcomplicating itself. At the same time, the story goes next to nowhere for the first half of the game (though does improve towards the end).

If you like Zestiria, it's worth noting it's actually part of a duology with Tales of Berseria (which is a far better game, albeit at the more action-heavy end of the JRPG spectrum). Berseria is set a thousand years or so before Zestiria, but Zestiria is designed to be played first.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.